• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I already posted the scene above. I recall you arguing that Mjolnir should be slower when flying Thor due to his weight, but Thor jumping on an already flying (Recalled) Mjolnir didn't affect its speed.

That wasn't me arguing the weight thing. I'm not even all that against MHS flight, provided we add 'possibly' right before it as we still didn't see him flying MHS.

What I'm all up against for at the moment is it scaling to Thor's throwing speed and reflexes.

Thor vs Malekith Thor The Dark World (2013) 4K ULTRA HD-0
Thor vs Malekith Thor The Dark World (2013) 4K ULTRA HD-0

the feat in question. start at 1.44

Thor did not throw his hammer into orbit, he didn't even throw it at supersonic speed, mjolnir achieved that independent of thor. now stop reaching.
its still funny how you claim cap is probably mach 800 or possibly mach 30

Why can't he? Captain America is seriously an extremely underrated marvel character, both in the comics and in the movies. People think he can only lift 500 kilograms, and is a peak human. He fought Ultron without even getting disintegrated, when Iron Man had trouble fighting the AI, and the form CA fought was even more powerful. CA intercepted a Mjolnir strike from Thor. It's nothing funny, Comic CA can react to natural lightning which is 440 000 m/s, and also has a Relativistic feat IIRC. It is funny that you think Thor is Subsonic though.

The form Cap fought was not more powerful than the one Iron Man fought. We have no evidence of that, and common sense doesn't even help its case too.

Also, Iron Man was having trouble with Ultron who was throwing debris, shooting lasers, flying around and away to delay him, but ultimately fell to a single missile. Whereas Cap only ever dealt with him physically and his lasers. Ultron also flew low, and tried to bullrush a guy whose forte is close combat.

Make no mistake though, Cap's showing there was impressive. If anything, he should be in the small building range, imo, but that's just me. Though, let's not bring too much comic stuff into the MCU because not everything applies, like for example, nobody in the MCU reacted to lightning, and the only lightning feat we ever saw onscreen was Dr. Strange and the Ancient One speaking in a time-slowed dimension and we see a lightning bolt sluggishly moving in the background.

Re: Thor, Cap did not intercept Thor. He blocked a telegraphed jump and smash obviously aimed at him, had the advantage of standing his ground, shield up, making it near impossible to fling him away, as compared to say, him catching a grenade launcher from the side. It's more a shield feat than a strength feat for Cap since it deflected all damage outward and away from him, making contact with Mjolnir too little to actually flatten him (constant pushing will throw Cap backwards but very brief contact very likely won't) since it pushed Thor away with his own force.

Also, how is subsonic Thor funny? Only feat we have of him being above subsonic is the dubious Mjolnir has an MHS feat, unless you know of something else that we don't. I'm not even against Thor being higher than subsonic, since AoU showed that him moving his arm is faster than Iron Man and Cap's body, only eclipsed in that Pietro-vision in speed by repulsor rays.

He's subsonic+ now too, scaling from Hulk who scales from Abomination.

Man this thread is still going and I can't even get a conversation started on the second Justice League trailer lol. Touche MCU, touche.

There's more to talk about from even the Thor Ragnarok trailer than from the Justice League trailer.

Well, it's evident that somebody or something planet busted in the Beginning of the IW trailer and thor was amoungst the debris.

I'd definitely watch a 100 minute movie, but that aside I saw an article that said Thors director- rather not butcher his name- revealed the current cut is at 100 minutes, he did say the movie won't be very long but since they're still in the process of editing anything could happen

Let's not take everything Taika says as truth. This is the guy who said that he's gonna have a second version of the movie in the DVD, but with him voice-dubbing everyone as angry zealanders.

Can i ask you guys, who do you think will be the next Avenger's villain after Thanos?

obviously They won't be going bigger than the Infinity Gauntlet for the mean time...I think Kang the Conquer.

Well, Norman Osbourne is in because Spider-man. Williem Dafoe pls. Anyways, Dark Avengers.

The Leader from the Hulk's stories. It'd be cool seeing the Avengers square off against a planet full of hulked out humans rampaging about.

Helmut Zemo and the Masters of Evil.

Immortus (which is a version of Kang) or just Kang himself, which is shared between the Avengers and the FF iirc.

Grandmaster who will be appearing in Thor:Ragnarok.

Graviton.

The Beyonder, since the Avengers are already going cosmic with the Grandmaster and Thanos.

The Collector (though only for Thor and that they're fighting over a new Mjolnir from another timeline).

Cul Borson and his uru-wielding monsters (among which includes Hulk).

Korvac.

The Supreme Intelligence and his Kree army in an all-out war against Earth.

The Skrulls in Secret Invasion.

Pluto, which would be best introduced after a Hercules movie, or after an Avengers movie as a post-credit scene and before Hercules, as a prelude to the fact that there are other pantheons that come to Earth than just the Asgardians.

Return of Ultron.

I remember him being a temporary member, where he was fighting with Thor over who was leading in the number of bad guys defeated (not the picture below though, I can't find it), if that means anything. I can't point out if it is 616 canon or if what the name of the comic book was.

Thanos is weird

Damn son, MHS+ Guardians... Wait, where did continent level EMH Thor come from?

Oh, and EMH Thor and Iron Man (and Mar-Vell who doesn't have a profile here yet) are to be upgraded to MHS+ as well, in flight speed. Mach 1600+ iirc. Also, Thor throwing the bomb goes from Mach 3000+ low-end to 26% C high-end.

Is that the Revengers thing? I find it a nice poke at comics. Also, the trailer was hype, though not as much as the first two.

That wasn't Surtur. That was likely the demon thor gets that head piece across his back from. Surtur is obviously much larger and likely comes in during thr 3rd act as evident as Hulk his fighting him and thor still has long hair in the Musiplheim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back