• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's not base Surtr's size from the comics. Considering how tiny the frost giants are compared to those of the comics where Thor can stand on the cheek of one of them, it's not farfetched to say that said fire demon in the trailer is Surtr.

Gemmysaur said:
Let's not base Surtr's size from the comics. Considering how tiny the frost giants are compared to those of the comics where Thor can stand on the cheek of one of them, it's not farfetched to say that said fire demon in the trailer is Surtr.
I'm basing it off the movie. Surtur's size is Via Hulk attacking in the trailer. That can only happen, 3rd act. And I'm basing that demon off of Thor's hair and the demons head he has on his back while in Musiplheim.

TheFinalOrder said:
That wasn't Surtur. That was likely the demon thor gets that head piece across his back from. Surtur is obviously much larger and likely comes in during thr 3rd act as evident as Hulk his fighting him and thor still has long hair in the Musiplheim.

It is Surtur. I think he has size manipulation or something like that.

I think thor fights him earlier in the movie then hulk fights him later in the movie

Trapped, probably. He looks to lack Mjolnir for quite a while, and he doesn't exactly have the misc powers he has in the comics.

I believe Thor Ragnarok will give some big upgrades to Thor and Hulk's profiles and possibly have enough information for an Odin profile.

I think Odin will be > Hela and have an At least rating. I honeztly don't see them hetting AP/DC feats, though I'm sick and tired of every youtuber saying thor can use lightning without The Hammer.

I think we'll definitely be getting speed feats though, MHS+ Reaction speed.

We can't add an "At least" without proper justification, so until we actually get to know that Odin suppressed Hela and locked her away by his lonesome, and the circumstances allow it so, he's not getting a stat change.

Regarding the god of thunder, hair conditioners and clean-cut beards, 616 Thor can use lightning without the hammer, as well as rain of fire, but that's kind of a stretch to expect it in the MCU. Perhaps, he's (re)learning to control the weather without his hammer in the movie, even if only with lightning. It is "the power of Thor" after all, not "the power of Mjolnir".

Lastly, I'm not expecting speed feats, but if we do get some that is clear enough to pull MCU out of their eternal subsonic stat, then I'm good.

My bad, I meant "Can't" use lightning. Literally, almost everyone is saying Thor has to be using an Infinity Stone instead, like, wtf? And i wasn't saying to change his stats. Just that I believe after the movie, Odin will be at least whatever hela is.

So, Musiplheim is a Dyson Sphere around a dying star...Surtur and the Demons of the realm feed off it's energy.

This is intriguing...potential for massive power ups are high!

That's a unique way of living the Muspel demons have. Where'd you find the sauce for that?

TheFinalOrder said:
So, Musiplheim is a Dyson Sphere around a dying star...Surtur and the Demons of the realm feed off it's energy.

Sounds like the dimensional portal Thor and Beta Ray Bill destroyed in that famous feat.

TheFinalOrder said:

So by dying star I assume that means a red giant at the minimum? That would be a YUGE Dyson Sphere. Then again, don't red dwarfs count as dying stars themselves or more like dead stars?

So by dying star I assume that means a red giant at the minimum? That would be a YUGE Dyson Sphere. Then again, don't red dwarfs count as dying stars themselves or more like dead stars?

Starcycle

Rumor has it that the Infinity War trailer is going to air with Inhumans on the 29th to boost views. Emergency Awesome is reporting that Marvel had confirmed it. I trust him, though still take this with some skepticism.

I have a feeling that judging from the leaked trailer, Thor will survive the destruction of a large enough celestial object judging from the debris we see.

@Natse

But will it be considered outlier? I mean, at the start of ragnorak, Thor has already been traveling and fighting for two years. Could we consider him an his AoU version?

Infinity war starts with capeless Ragnarok Thor. We've seen him in the trailer for Ragnarok possibly awakening his true power so it may not be an outlier.

Massive speed feats incoming though if Avengers react to Thanos throwing moon chunks at them.

Also, it seems like Iron Man is going to help during the battle of Wakanda in the trailer, you think the reason he didn't die from getting punched in the face by thanos is because he has a vibranium suit?

Im convinced that Bucky has a vibranium arm in IW.

Just bought my ticket for Ragnorak, Nov. 3rd, 10:45AM. I would've got my ticket for Thursday Night, 7:00PM in IMAX, but they only had IMAX 3D available and I hate 3D. So I got IMAX 2D the first showing the following day.

Does anyone else have pre-orders?

I'm a normalfag who will buy his tickets on the day itself, long lines be damned. So yeah.

That said, isn't IMAX like expensive as Thor's Asgardian wares or something?

Gemmysaur said:
I'm a normalfag who will buy his tickets on the day itself, long lines be damned. So yeah.

That said, isn't IMAX like expensive as Thor's Asgardian wares or something?
Nah, I payed $12 online for my local Cinemark. $11.50 online for Spider-man: Homecoming. Iirc, AMC charges up the ass for IMAX or DOLBEY and ticket prices fo up the closer you get to release.

Check out this piece of marketing.

https://vk.com/marvel_studios?w=wall-28416224_293099

Black Widow is sticking with her blonde hair, Thor doesn't have a cape anymore and ditched the Ragnarok costume for something SHIELD would give him, Bucky has that domino mask, Spidey is certainly wearing the new costume Tony offered, and the Wasp has her new costume. Notice the Ancient One and Yondu.

So...

Blonde Widow

Winter Soldier mask

Capeless Thor.... Really. What's with Thor's cape? First, it was a full cape, then it was a half-cape in Ragnarok, then it just disappears in Infinity War?

Ancient One and Yondu... it looks more like they just added everyone together, and that it's non-indicative of who's coming to war.

On another note:

Thor ragnarok x ragnarok online

Looks, like he vaporized the weaker demons and staggered Surtur with that.

And they live off a Stars Energy! 😎

Spoilers this coming Thursday, sooner if fan screenings happen before.

Yeah, those guys were definitely vaporized and this is Thor before he has the powerup that we see in the second trailer.

Looking at the clip, Thor didn't seem to have vaped the rock things. They just got flung a short distance and their color makes them camouflage with the ground.

That said, he may have vaped them, but let's wait for the movie to find out.

Some Notable Feats/Scaling from Thor Ragnarok (CONTAINS SPOILERS):

NOTE: I haven't seen the movie, the sources say they saw advanced screenings, obviously take it with a Grain of salt until more credible sources say something.

Source: http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=534775

Beware, If you read through, you will be spoiled, I went through 27 pages :'(...I did it so you won't have to.

Feats:

• Surtur Planet Busts Asgard presumably taking out Hela (Both are Gone afterwards, no confirmation if Dead or Alive for either)
  • Odin nerfed Surtur by taking the Eternal Flame away from him (Thor killed a nerfed Surtur at the begining, Prime Surtur fought Hela).
  • Prime Odin Sealed Hela and "Rewrote" History (No confirmation if literally or figuratively)
  • Doctor Strange uses Magic casually via teleporting (Both sources emphasized that Doctor Strange saw Thor and Loki as nothing more than a minor nuisance like he had better things to do than worry about Loki being on earth).
  • Hela gets her powers from Asgard itself (I'm guessing Similar to Superman with a Sun)
  • Hela only broke free after Odin died (Implies Old Weakend Odin > Hela)
Scaling:

• Prime Surtur >= Hela (The entire thread up through page 27 wasn't clear if Surtur Stomped or if it was Divisive. I saw some arguing both, iirc, the sources never weighed in)
  • Prime Odin > Old Odin > Weakend Old Odin About to Die > Hela (His power kept her sealed)
  • Hela > Lightning Powered Thor > Thor (Sources said and implied that Hela Low-Diffs Thor overall, but Thor fought better once powered up)
  • Hulk ~ Thor
  • Hulk >= Fenris
  • Surtur > Hulk (Sources said Hulk packed a punch, but Surtur regarded him as nothing more than a Mosquito and literally threw him away).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back