• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's close enough to subsonic MCU, and it's bridged by subsonic+ Abomination (which isn't accepted yet, but still), so yeah, not really much of an outlier.

EDIT

Ninja'd. It seems to be accepted. Cool.

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:
This scales to Thor, Cap and IM too but the profiles are locked. I've only edited Hulk and Abomination.
Matt can do it since he's an sysop but I wonder if he will.

BarryAllen2.0 said:
Its funny because in the end, Odin scales to everything in this movie.
Yeah. Odin's near-featless, but he does have some. But yeah, he should still be above Thor regardless.

Mjolnir's crater

Odin isn't featless. He forged Mjolnir inside the core of a dying star.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:DontTalk/Durability_required_to_resist_the_heat_of_the_su

"Now a similar procedure for the core. The core of the sun is about 15.7 million Kelvin hot. The emissivity of the sun at temperatures such as this isn´t known, but the article that I linked to emissivity states that the minimum lies at 6900┬░C. So we will use the minimum emissivity of 0.92 for this. Now we just need to input all values in the calculators again.

1. Radiation: 5.4829665830548E+21 J/s

2. Conductiont: 1892212356.0633333 J/s

5.4829665830548E+21 J/s + 1892212356.0633333 J/s = 5.4829665830566922E+21 J/s"

5.4829665830566922E+21 Joules is Small Country level. This also scales to Mjolnir's durability and Hela's strength.

We don't know if Odin did it, or if he was even there in the dying star in the first place.

He could. Let's wait for the movie. Do note that the value for surviving the sun's core radiation is very consistent with the energy output of the Bifrost (Can destroy an entire planet's surface in at most a day).

I suppose we should. Just saying that there was no mention of Odin making the hammer himself while in a dying star.

He only said that Mjolnir was forged there, none else.

Though I suppose if Hela can break it...

Gemmysaur said:
We don't know if Odin did it, or if he was even there in the dying star in the first place.
Sure we do.

He states that the hammer was forged in the heart of a dying star. You're welcome to suggest who else could have done such a thing, and it's very likely that it was Odin as the MCU has yet to introduce dwarves or anyone with a comparable power to do the feat.

And Hela who is weaker than Odin in the comics and likely the movies shatted Mjolnir casually, so that scales to her, and him. And King Laufey with the Casket of Ancient Winters.

Odin is also the power-source of Asgard through the Odinforce, and Asgard has Lifewiping Energy Cannons.

Anyway, even if Odin didn't forge Mjolnir inside the dying star's core, he does scale to Hela's feat of shattering Mjolnir.

He states that it was forged there. None else. We don't know if he was inside the dying star, or if he can do it remotely like they do when sending the destroyer.

I concede to the Hela part though, if only because Odin should at least be on par if not stronger than her.

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:
@Gemmysaur Who else scales to the missile feat?
Abomination -> Hulk -> Thor -> Loki

-> Ultron

-> Iron Man -> Cap and Bucky -> Spiderman

-> Black Panther

Hmm. I wonder who else. Normies are fine at subsonic since they can't really match the big guns.

Do note that that calc is for surviving inside our sun's core, but a dying star likely would be more impressive.

Red Giants have a core temperature of 100,000,000 Kelvin.

It is canon. Hulk even references a Deleted Scene from the Hulk movie in Avengers. The scene where he tries to commit suicide by shooting himself but he instinctively transforms into the Hulk fast enough to survive.

HULK is Loose-Canon though. The opening scene of Incredible Hulk is VERY similar to the Banner Transformation scene in the Ang Lee Hulk movie, and the fact that he's been loose and on the run from the military for years does fit with the 2003 movie.

Peter "Quicksilver" Maximoff said:
Wait which one did Edward Norton star in?
Inc. Hulk

Matthew Schroeder said:
HULK is Loose-Canon though.
2003 Hulk grows with anger iirc, something that's not seen in any other iteration. If anything, it's similar to but is not in continuity.

@Gem, Ah ok, i really liked Nortons version of hulk better imo

Anyway, out of all the superhero movies coming out this year, which one do yall think will: 1) Yield the best feats 2) Make more Money 3) Get reviewed better

Isnt it stated in the information released about the film that Odin locked Hela away and because of Loki, she got free?

Odin should automatically scale to what Thor and Hela do.

Also, Matt, aside from the heat, what about surviving the gravity?

And if Hela is accepted as MFTL+, what about Valkyrie? The trailer shows her dodging and deflecting Helas Rapid fire sword barrage.

Peter "Quicksilver" Maximoff said:
Anyway, out of all the superhero movies coming out this year, which one do yall think will: 1) Yield the best feats 2) Make more Money 3) Get reviewed better
1. Justice League

2. Justice League, with either GOTG 2 or Thor Ragnarok in second

3. Thor Ragnarok

@Peter

Thor all three. The first being a no-brainer since it's the twilight of the gods, not the twilight of the... enhanced humans or something. The second is how much hype it's having and the fact that it has low expectations from its lukewarm to downright crap predecessors. The third, see second.

@Matt

I suppose so. I didn't really understand what loose canon meant, but if it's similar but not the same to what's mentioned in canon, then sure.

• Edited the OP. Added a gif leakage from Infinity War teasers.
On another note, all the hype.

Thor ragnarok lightning body - reduced size

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back