• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Anos is Back, and so are Maou Gakuin Downgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
That didn't take very long.

Anyways, Anos is back, and I figured now would be a good time to knock out both what I consider a very dishonest attempt to upgrade MG, and some stuff I had in the works prior to deletion. This isn't out of spite necessarily, I literally just noticed the page went up not too long ago and decided to see what was kept and what was trashed from the previous profile, and now here we are.

Concept Manipulation (Type 1)

Anos has this because he can destroy sources. First of all, sources were never accepted as being type 1; The verse was deleted before the proposed upgrade ever passed. Secondly, sources were downgraded to type 3 concepts here. So there is no accepted basis for sources being rated this high, while there is a basis for them being rated much lower.

Immortality Negation

Anos resists immortality negation (types 3, 4, and 8) because he can survive the destruction of his source, which grants him that immortality. The only problem is, destroying the source isn't immortality negation; It's just how reliant immortality works in this case, where characters rely on their sources. So there's no "immortality negation" to speak of here; That'd be like saying Harry Potter has immortality negation from destroying Voldemort's horcruxes. The same logic applies to Anos' own immortality negation through Venuzdonoa, though in both cases it seems like HGR negation is fine to stay.

Information Manipulation (Type 2)

The basis for this is that magical formulae are used to determine the properties of a spell. That's it. This is nowhere near enough for type 2 info hax; It is the equivalent of saying that a recipe is type 2 info, just because changing it changes the kind of food you make.

There are likely some minor things I missed, but these were the most eye-catching to me. However, I do think the profile is a big improvement overall, thank god, so at least there's that.

Bocchi_Dead_Trash_Can.png

This verse is never going to have a chance to rest...

If this is not out of spite as you stated, then I don't know what is this because it fits the definition of downgrading out of spite and your title of the thread even implies that.
Even if it were spite, it's still a lot better than inserting previously rejected material into a profile without a CRT.

which really begs the question of why a profile as big and controversial as anos' didn't have a CRT attached :v

Anos has this because he can destroy sources. First of all, sources were never accepted as being type 1; The verse was deleted before the proposed upgrade ever passed. Secondly, sources were downgraded to type 3 concepts here. So there is no accepted basis for sources being rated this high, while there is a basis for them being rated much lower.
Is this for just Anos or Venuzdonoa? Because Venuzdonoa's reason for Type 1 is quite different and not about sources. If its just for sources I dont really care much since it was not my idea.

The basis for this is that magical formulae are used to determine the properties of a spell. That's it. This is nowhere near enough for type 2 info hax; It is the equivalent of saying that a recipe is type 2 info, just because changing it changes the kind of food you make.
It's a bit more than that. I explained it here. Don't know if that's enough or not, but I wanted to highlight that.

Last edited:
The fact she is trying to imply CM type 3 > Type 1 is crazy. She is just desperate at this point 😂😂😂
Take a look at the bolded section
Anyways, Anos is back, and I figured now would be a good time to knock out both what I consider a very dishonest attempt to upgrade MG, and some stuff I had in the works prior to deletion. This isn't out of spite necessarily, I literally just noticed the page went up not too long ago and decided to see what was kept and what was trashed from the previous profile, and now here we are.
What you consider? That certainly is giving me a red flag here

Even if it were spite, it's still a lot better than inserting previously rejected material into a profile without a CRT.

which really begs the question of why a profile as big and controversial as anos' didn't have a CRT attached :v
Thanks for confirming it is spite.

Did you remember when you shut down Elde''s thread because it was spite? Oh ya, we can call staff members to do the same here.

Or should we be silent?

Is this for just Anos or Venuzdonoa? Because Venuzdonoa's reason for Type 1 is quite different and not about sources.
Venuzdonoa is fine, I'm aware it has nothing to do with sources. The CM1 downgrade was just for Anos.
It's a bit more than that. I explained it here. Don't know if that's enough or not, but I wanted to highlight that.
I do understand the logic, but I think it altering the functions of the spell is less of a consequence of it being fundamental in nature, and more about it being a set of instructions that the spell follows. Again, I think the recipe analogy sums up my thoughts quite well.

Thanks for confirming it is spite.

Did you remember when you shut down Elde''s thread because it was spite? Oh ya, we can call staff members to do the same here.

Or should we be silent?
Actually, Elde's thread was shut down because staff overwhelmingly disagreed with it. That isn't "spite".

Instead of going "b-b-b-bias!!!" actually take the time to debunk the points so you won't have to deal with the crt again.

I agree as of now.
Instead of spamming random biased Downgrade and riding on FRA thread why don't you wait for Cosmology and explanation page getting dropped first. Kinda crazy how people just rides on FRA train without even knowing why the abilities are even listed.

Instead of spamming random biased Downgrade and riding on FRA thread why don't you wait for Cosmology and explanation page getting dropped first. Kinda crazy how people just rides on FRA train without even knowing why the abilities are even listed.
Wow.

And you're not batting Oblivion over the ears for this yet?

I don't have much patience for this bullshit, so please stop arguing over bias or spite, and actually address the arguments. If there is a WIP blog which explains why sources are type 1 concepts, then please share that now instead of bitching for several pages. Oblivion is at least defending their points, so surely you can do the same.

Not really, if I change the parameters of something I'm not actually editing reality itself, I'm changing how something which then affects reality runs, it's the difference between upcasting or using metamagic for a spell in D&D and changing the mechanic behind which spells work

Nobody cares, address the points instead of getting into a dumb slap-fight that won't go anywhere.

Then why didn't you discuss it with the profile's creator or ask for its deletion if he released it without asking.
There is literally a section for Q & A which is for asking doubts first instead of dropping a Downgrade CRTs out of bs shit.

Why is this not on the profile? Some sort of explanation as to why sources are a deeper concept then Gods would be appreciated, especially as the last it was discussed sources where downgraded to type 3.
Its in Last paragraph if you check. I mean Venozdonor key. Also there will be an explanation page dropping for this later onwards. It's just people can't wait for a bit instead of showing their bs. Crazy how Fuji could have contacted supporters and asked regarding this instead of dropping a bs thread which she never understood

Gods are CM type 1 existence and sources are even deeper concepts than that. Unless anyone here try to say CM type 3 source > CM type 1 gods
Actually, in regards to this, the scans describing gods as order only says they embody order; Is there anything stating that their bodies are literally order itself?

I don't have much patience for this bullshit, so please stop arguing over bias or spite, and actually address the arguments. If there is a WIP blog which explains why sources are type 1 concepts, then please share that now instead of bitching for several pages. Oblivion is at least defending their points, so surely you can do the same.
But you guys could derail Elde's tooha downgrade thread for over 2 pages?

Its in Last paragraph if you check. I mean Venozdonor key. Also there will be an explanation page dropping for this later onwards. It's just people can't wait for a bit instead of showing their bs. Crazy how Fuji could have contacted supporters and asked regarding this instead of dropping a bs thread which she never understood
If your argument is genuinely 'we will explain this later' then it should be removed till said explanation is available regardless of if it is valid or not.

There is literally a section for Q & A which is for asking doubts first instead of dropping a Downgrade CRTs out of bs shit.
You know those same Q&A threads can turn into CRTs if multiple people also have issues with a supporter's response. And again, this isn't just someone downgrading a verse because they don't understand it, you're ignoring how Fuji's trying to downgrade the Concept Hax that staff agreed on before amidst the other stuff in the OP.

Then why don't you...

A: have the profile deleted until you can make the explanations

And B: quit complaining and start actually arguing, if you're so confident you can sink your teeth into this CRT and rough it up, then actually do so instead of having people like me salt farm you for free

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back