• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha CRT: Addressing Venuzdonoa’s “Logic Manipulation”

Status
Not open for further replies.
rechecked just now. then i agree
but whoever is giving ideas that somehow it becomes a unique ability? is it being genuinely argued as such in any way?
Earlier on in this thread, for instance, the prevailing argument was that because of how "logic" is treated in-verse, it can't just be Law Manipulation. However, given what Venuzdonoa's destruction of reason seems to entail (given some of the examples I showed in the OP, and also stuff like "destroying the reason why getting wrong test answers means you didn't get a perfect score"), I'd be inclined to disagree

Last edited:
Although resisting the most powerful Law Manipulation definitely does not guarantee resistance to Logic Manipulation (literally Logic Manipulation is overcoming layers without having any kind of buff or anything like that), and the ability is obviously separate from Law Manipulation, being something completely different, more fundamental and powerful, I believe that this does not matter much, since in addition to not having "Logic Manipulation" as something separate from Law Manipulation, there is also the fact that this still falls under Law Manipulation.
I believe that the ability to be moved as "Greater Law Manipulation" is the most reasonable, and if you want, in the future you can do a CRT on MGK's Logic Manipulation.

Sure, but at that point I would personally hold voting until Dereck can answer as a common courtesy

If you feel it unneeded, proceed
True, though Dereck's also gonna be busy for much of March going by what he said when voicing his disagreement, so I don't want to make him feel like he has to respond if he has more important obligations

So I generally agree with not listing the power as Logic Manipulation, but I would also argue that what's been described in the given scans and feats on the profile that you brought up Clover, is Causality Manipulation (which could be treated as what we consider logic manipulation on here). The fact that Anos can cut someone without having to swing his blade or hit even when he missed feels far more clearly like he's ignoring causality under the name of logic. So I less think we should remove logic manipulation and just give it the proper power which would be Causality Manipulation.

So I generally agree with not listing the power as Logic Manipulation, but I would also argue that what's been described in the given scans and feats on the profile that you brought up Clover, is Causality Manipulation (which could be treated as what we consider logic manipulation on here). The fact that Anos can cut someone without having to swing his blade or hit even when he missed feels far more clearly like he's ignoring causality under the name of logic. So I less think we should remove logic manipulation and just give it the proper power which would be Causality Manipulation.
I suppose that's fair. Really, my main issue was the fact that it was labeled as some made-up ability that doesn't exist on the wiki, so if we're in agreement on that front, I can put you as agreeing but noting that you feel it should be Causality Manipulation (I'm open to that as well if people think that's what it should be)

Edit: Also worth noting that Venuzdonoa does actually have Causality Manipulation already, via reversing cause and effect to make a slower attack move faster than a faster one.

Last edited:
Okay. Given that this is well past the grace period and there's 7 evaluating staff that agree vs. 2 that disagree, I will go ahead and apply this thread. I'll need this profile to be unlocked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back