• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Maou Gakuin Downgrades are Back Again (For the Second Time)

Status
Not open for further replies.
But why would you even ask that...?
In curiosity, she is having much time to investigate a verse that she despises most (and calling its fanbase dishonest), but her verse is outdated, and the abilities are questionable. That's all.

Too bad, I am not the one who involved DMC, Tensura or Undertale as far. (only touha, and even by that, I only asked her progress because its slow)

Here's the thing. Almost every other (if not every) mention had SOMETHING to do with the thread. It wasn't any solid defense (and frankly I don't enjoy the method) but they at least had purpose.

Your comments regarding Touhou serve no purpose whatsoever. They exist just to antagonize. You bring up a verse that has NOTHING to do with the topic and its not even being used to defend or go against the topic. DMC, Undertale, Slime, etc were all used to try and further a point be it in support or against the CRT. What is Touhou's purpose in the thread?

They are all used as a whataboutism argument which equates the mere definition of irrelevance, which is equivalent to her derailment and mines.

In curiosity, she is having much time to investigate a verse that she despises most (and calling its fanbase dishonest), but her verse is outdated, and the abilities are questionable. That's all.
How people decide to spend their time on wiki matters is frankly none of your business if you're going to cast a judgmental tone. People do the best they can and that should be enough, if Fuji takes a decade to get things in order for a verse she wants to revise then so be it. That doesn't mean she's obligated to throw her life away for it and do nothing else.

And for the love of all that is holy, can this be the last of the derailment and petty vis-a-vis jabs from either side? I'm tempted to grab an admin to babysit this thread ffs.

Last edited:
How people decide to spend their time on wiki matters is frankly none of your business if you're going to cast a judgmental tone. People do the best they can and that should be enough, if Fuji takes a decade to get things in order for a verse she wants to revise then so be it. That doesn't mean she's obligated to do throw her life away for it and do nothing else.

And for the love of all that is holy, can this be the last of the derailment and petty vis-a-vis jabs from either side? I'm tempted to grab an admin to babysit this thread ffs.
But regardless of what you said, she answered to my question and even asked why am I asking, so? I don't get your aggressive approach. She allowed it and engaged the conversation.

Thread turned into a shitshow again. Can we all shut up and wait for more staff input? I don't think I've seen any counterarguments for this post either:
lol
image.png

image.png

But regardless of what you said, she answered to my question and even asked why am I asking, so? I don't get your aggressive approach. She allowed it and engaged the conversation.
Because this is still derailing, it doesn't matter if the OP allowed it or not because it simply should not be happening. Half of the posts on this thread is varying degrees of pointing fingers and so much of the first page alone is poisoning the well.

I am utterly neutral in this thread, but the behavior displayed is horrific. Is there staff supporters we can call in again to get this thread moving along?

Since you brought DMC...

This was with the PoC scans and they are getting yeeted but as the scans go the soul has the mind, info type 2, concept type 1, memories and who knows what other shit in it. So yeah, then regenerating from their soul was the same as regenerating from a concept since soul > concept 1 > info 2.

Now it's gonna go back to limited low godly

Okay. This has become an incredible shit show for almost no reason at all, and the thread is clogged up with multiple additional pages of unneeded nonsense just as we were on the precipice of reaching a staff consensus about what to do.

If it persists, I'm going to lock the thread so that the staff can talk about what's needed here unimpeded.

Also not really sure this is to be taken literally as him being able to feel fear flies in the face of lacking emotions,
I think it should be fine since it's just fear manipulation in either case. I think contextually it's made to be clear that at the very least, the gods believe they have no emotion and are shocked at the experience of having fear imposed upon them.
Lmao, I knew you were going to take the time to find some excuse to dismiss the feat as such
I understand your frustration, but it would be best for everyone involved if we could avoid infusing these kind of remarks into a discussion.

Current staff votes are in favor of just plain resurrection, so I'll leave it up to them.
I think it should be Mid-Godly Resurrection.

I understand your frustration, but it would be best for everyone involved if we could avoid infusing these kind of remarks into a discussion.
Anyway, I'm not the only one who thinks they are being ignorant and stonewalling about something so clear, it's fine with me anyway.

Anyway, in case of Anos, either take it ressurection or regen both are same thing, if you don't have conceptual manp, you cannot stop him from Regenerating endlessly as you need to affect his core, same as HGR negation. So it barely matters what it is.

Kaladin Stormblessed

The profile doesn't state it, but his regen is not passive. He first needs to connect himself to Stormlight.
From what I gathered, this dude's regen correlates to how close he is to a source of power, which is a bit different than having to use an active technique of your own will. Still, the regen/resurrection stuff is only a small functional difference so at this point I'm it interested in debating further.

That's the thing. He gotta connect to Stormlight, it's a conscious decision. When he does, his body starts healing.
I see. I thought we considered stuff like that healing rather than regen, but I won't push the issue further.

Anyways, now that we have a clear consensus on everything, is it fine to unlock Anos' profile and apply the edits?

It's fairly explicitly a resurrection spell so for Ingall specifically we should just call it resurrection, they use the same rating scale regardless.
But Resurrection page states Self-Resurrection can both be Resurrection and regeneration. Can't we list it as both as standards still Qualifies both.

Overall I agree with Deagonx.
Okay. I am desperate for this thread to be over, so between the five staff that have commented, we have enough agrees. All of the changes in the OP are fine, except that the Mid-Godly level is fine, but it should be Ressurection not Regen, and Fear Manipulation can stay but the scans should be changed to the God scans Dereck references.

I think it's still mixed on Info Type 2 but for the time being I think we should be able to agree that it isn't dire enough to drag this out any further if we have an opportunity to make progress and move on. So @Mad_Dog_of_Fujiwara can we agree to table the Info Type issue for another thread and go about enacting the agreed upon changes? I think it's good progress for now.

Okay. I am desperate for this thread to be over, so between the five staff that have commented, we have enough agrees. All of the changes in the OP are fine, except that the Mid-Godly level is fine, but it should be Ressurection not Regen, and Fear Manipulation can stay but the scans should be changed to the God scans Dereck references.

I think it's still mixed on Info Type 2 but for the time being I think we should be able to agree that it isn't dire enough to drag this out any further if we have an opportunity to make progress and move on. So @Mad_Dog_of_Fujiwara can we agree to table the Info Type issue for another thread and go about enacting the agreed upon changes? I think it's good progress for now.
Yeah, I'm fine with info stuff remaining unchanged for now. My apologies for the thread dragging on longer than it needed to.

If the profile is unlocked, I can apply the changes now.

@Deagonx would like to hear your final thought about this.
My final assessment is that because the relationship between Jerga and Evansmana is not very well portrayed as "resistance" rather than an ability for identical energies to harm each other, and the fact that Venuzdonoa is more altering the logic of that rather than negating an individuals resistance, it doesn't quite fit the bill.

But that said, I am genuinely exhausted and my brain is a bit foggy as a result, and if we bring it up again down the road with a clearer head its not impossible that I change my mind. I think we should probably find a different way to characterize it though.

If the profile is unlocked, I can apply the changes now.
That'd be good. @Dereck03 can you unlock the profile please?

My final assessment is that because the relationship between Jerga and Evansmana is not very well portrayed as "resistance" rather than an ability for identical energies to harm each other, and the fact that Venuzdonoa is more altering the logic of that rather than negating an individuals resistance, it doesn't quite fit the bill.

But that said, I am genuinely exhausted and my brain is a bit foggy as a result, and if we bring it up again down the road with a clearer head its not impossible that I change my mind. I think we should probably find a different way to characterize it though.
So we should list it as higher degree of Law Manip as suggested?
Ok thanks your for the help, doing so

Sorry about. I know you're tired with how long this has gone for but I still haven't received a response on this https://vsbattles.com/threads/maou-...again-for-the-second-time.152860/post-5695228
To further add to what is there. A country of humans don't get scared of Anos because he is powerful. They get scared because his magic causes supernatural fear. He can also use it to to put them to sleep or kill them.

Anos parents don't get haxed by these things despite being almost 100% human but the likes of Zepes get haxed merely by him talking because his magic resistance is do-do water.

Anos not being affected by eyes that have the same ability as his is because he has high magic resistance. The same eyes that adults refused to look at when the wielder was still a child.

This isn't DB where hax from x character doesn't work on y because y is stronger. The verse works on a principle of more magic power= Layered hax & resistance. Wanna overcome someones resistance? Add magic power to the hax. Wanna resist the powered up hax that's now affecting you? Add magic power to your anti-magic.
Magic power on the level of Ivis is enough to induce supernatural fear not because he is stronger but because the magic power does it passively and what is required to resist is sufficient magic resistance which the likes of Anos and his retinue possess

There's a plethora of general resistances based on magic resistance and anti magic that isn't on the profile yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back