• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About Yang vs Inasa and determining if it's a stomp

WeeklyBattles said:
Again, Yang can only use her gauntlets to propel herself in a single direction, she has to manually change her entire physical position in order to change direction. She does not have true flight and thus is nowhere near maneuverable enough to hit Inasa flying around.
Well, firstly, I'd ask some proof of that. She certainly should logically need far less movement then Ruby should, what with her needing to only move her arm instead of alining a whole two meter long scythe. And regardless, everyone in Rwby is nimble enough to do that stuff like second nature.

And not being pushed away by wind is also a lifting strenght thing, you do know that, yeah? His most wide area effect stuff doesn't rip everything to shreds, even stuff far less durable than him. As long as she doesn't run headfirst into a whirlwind, which she can easily do by moving to the side with the help of her gaunlet, and she can just ignore the wind.

WeeklyBattles said:
WeeklyBattles said:
Again, Yang can only use her gauntlets to propel herself in a single direction, she has to manually change her entire physical position in order to change direction. She does not have true flight and thus is nowhere near maneuverable enough to hit Inasa flying around.
1. I guess the mandalorian can't fly because he has to change his physical position to move the jetpack forward.

2. Way to affirm the consequence by ignoring the possibility that you don't need true flight to hit Inasa.

WeeklyBattles said:
You do know that she is going to be pushing against an attack that is over 6x stronger than herself right?
An attack that doesn't actually damage everything near it, yes.

As long as she doesn't smash into it multiple times, she can just ignore it's pull.

An attack that doesn't actually damage everything near it, yes.

As long as she doesn't smash into it multiple times, she can just ignore it's pull.

Except it does damage everything near it

I know (most likely) everyone in this thread including me, would prefer leaving this lengthy debate.

KingEzran said:
Miles. I made the thread, I don't really care about the fact it was labeled as a stomp. The most you can do for me now is vote on Yang Xiao Long vs Yo Shindo. Everybody's the same tier. Just no wind ragdolling. You don't have to do this, Miles. It doesn't bother me.
I understand you made the thread and you personally don't care. I just care about fair judgement in this wiki. I hate decisions based on bad logic, and therefore I'm gonna fight this decision by weekly. I think you're pretty chill, just know that I'm not doing this on behalf of you lol. I'll check out Yo Shindo v Yang shortly.

WeeklyBattles said:
Except it does damage everything near it
No... no it doesn't. It didn't even slightly harm the balls, the buildings, or the weaker students when exposed to it.

And you do realize that Inasa has both began talking before attacking, and was just randomly shot down by Orca before he moved out of the way despite the distance, yeah?

@Ricsi From what three different MHA supporters told me on the previous thread and two on discord as well as what is written on both the MHA wiki and Inasa's own profile it damages things around it.

MilesTheMorales1 said:
1. I guess the mandalorian can't fly because he has to change his physical position to move the jetpack forward.
The Mandolorian doesnt need to constantly shoot out small bursts of flame to fly

I side with you on some points. However, you also have to realize Weekly was an admin before retiring. He knows the rules better than you or me and has a lot more experience.

(Please listen to me, because I don't want you to sweep me, catch me, then say "You gotta go home, man." And for me to have to ask, "How do I know I won't mess it up again?" You simply respond, "You don't." I finish your remark saying "Right, it's a leap of faith." I widen my arms for you to drop me into my home dimension. And the scene finally escalates into a battle with you and Kingpin. (Don't ask how I have that scene memorized. Me and my dad have watched it a thousand times.) lol)

I can't speak for @Ricsi, but me personally, I don't care what people on other forums or discords dedicated to MHA say about Inasa. You still can't prove your own arguments and instead cite a potentially biased sample.

WeeklyBattles said:
The Mandolorian doesnt need to constantly shoot out small bursts of flame to fly
Birds have to align themselves with winds, flap both fronatal limbs and normally can barely make a 90 degree turn when at full speed, but they still are considered to fly.

As for Inasa's wind, he can aim some visible streams around him, like when he guided Todoroki's fire, but he doesn't just rip everything to shreds around him. Or he doesn't. He does talk sometimes, and Orca "shot" him in a way that Yang could probably do if she didn't just wuickly punched towards him. (Tbh I can see her winning realatively often with her ridicolous lifting strenght edge, bullets and one-shotting, but that's me).

@Ricsi Not true flight though

lifting strength wont have any effect on this fight, trust me i argued that to hell and back in the previous thread and was debunked numerous times. She can only oneshot him with her semblance active which will never come into play as he'd just blow her away before she got close enough to land a punch.

KingEzran said:
I side with you on some points. However, you also have to realize Weekly was an admin before retiring. He knows the rules better than you or me and has a lot more experience.
(Please listen to me, because I don't want you to sweep me, catch me, then say "You gotta go home, man." And for me to have to ask, "How do I know I won't mess it up again?" You simply respond, "You don't." I finish your remark saying "Right, it's a leap of faith." I widen my arms for you to drop me into my home dimension. And the scene finally escalates into a battle with you and Kingpin. (Don't ask how I have that scene memorized. Me and my dad have watched it a thousand times.) lol)
(Not before I demonstrate the infamous shoulder touch that definitely works every time on you, put on my best smexy smolder face and say "hey," sending you flying with my electrical energy)

I see what you're getting at, but just because someone was an admin doesn't mean they are always right. This is an appeal to authority and a no limits fallac-XCHSCJXTCHHHHHHH (short circuits)

That is literal semantics at this point. True or not, it gets the job done all the same.

And yes it will. His wind won't blow her away without a concentrated hit (since even most students could whistand it at a few meters of distance), and the little whirlwind he has around him isn't blocking bullets as strong as Yang without him actively putting effor into them.

And? That still doesnt change the fact that Yang cant fly and cant power through his wind without her semblance active.

Okay then let me ask, if all of what youre saying about his wind is true then why is he High 8-C+ with his wind attacks?

MilesTheMorales1 said:
Just to clarify, @Risci-viragosi, are you arguing in favor of Yang winning or the match not stomping?
Eh, not sure. I could see her honestly winning just as much as long as she doesn't tip him of to her abilities (he has no idea her gaunlets are guns, for one).

Eh, not sure. I could see her honestly winning just as much as long as she doesn't tip him of to her abilities (he has no idea her gaunlets are guns, for one).

Apparently the odds are 1 in 250,000

/s

Imo, I think Yang would win, but because of the battle parameters set by the last thread, Inasa has more wincons.

WeeklyBattles said:
I mean the second she throws a punch it'd be pretty obvious
You mean the second she starts shooting? It would still catch him by surprise, and it still leaves room for the other semblances that she has in store for him.

Since when is shooting things that look like fire something new to him? How would it catch him off guard? Even if it did catch him off guard its not enough to oneshot him even if it manages to hit him. And yang only has one semblance that doesnt work until the very end of the fight.

The fact that the same thing caught him off guards once makes a good case for that.

And it's a bullet. It can one-shot him if she hits him in his chest. It can certainly cause internal bleeding and the right, after which she can just tank long enough for the blood loss to get to him.

WeeklyBattles said:
Since when is shooting things that look like fire something new to him? How would it catch him off guard?
Are you saying that bracelets that turn into firearms wouldn't catch him off guard whatsoever? Or is it just the fire aspect that makes it unsurprising?

@Ricsi The fact that hes faced it before means hes less likely to be caught off guard by the same thing twice

It's not a bullet but okay

No it doesn't. Every single person has completely different powers in verse, if he tried to look out for every ability he saw he'd have an aneurysm.

They work as bullets regardless.

Like, seriously, why do you assume that the fact that he shares a verse with someone with certain powers means his prepared against them? Yang sure as hell isn't running in an enemy expecting them to be an illusion even tough Neo exists.

You seem to fluctuate between whether or not Yang uses physical rounds or not.

If it's not a physical bullet, and it's a pure energy shot, it should be unaffected by the wind. If it IS a physical bullet, well, I haven't seen Inasa fight against a firearm user so I can't comment for sure, but I'm leaning towards him only being able to slightly change the trajectory of a bullet and not completely stop or destroy them midair.

Either way, Yang hitting Inasa with her bullets and waiting for him to bleed out is yet another viable wincon.

As for Bakugo, his gauntlets are pretty big, and one can reasonably assume them to be weapons. Also they're in the shape of gigantic grenades, so it's not farfetched to predict his powers as well. You couldn't do the same if you looked at a base Yang with retracted gauntlets in the form of bracelets, and therefore it would catch most humans off guard.

@Ricsi Yangs Gauntlets have nearly the same function as Bakugo's Grenadier Bracers, he doesnt need to know every power in the verse.

And no they dont function as bullets, they dont have a physical projectile nor do they have penetrating power.

@Miles I have never once said that yang uses physical rounds. She doesnt.

From the previous thread his wind has moved fire so it can move Yang's energy shots, plus yang's energy shots have shown to be moveable in the air.

She doesnt use bullets and they dont have any penetrating power so he's not going to bleed out from them even if they hit him which they wont because of flight and wind redirection.

If his opponent has bracers on her arms and shoots explosions with her punches its not hard for him to put two and two together to assume that her bracers function similarly to bakugo's.

He doesn't know Bakugou that well either. And again, he still isn't prepared for that power. Not even Deku has that many preparations against long ranged explosions for the matter, because unless they have info beforehand it's impossible to be prepared for enemy quirks.

And that's just really dumb fir me. He gauntlets are specifically a gun, what she fires from them should be bullet shaped even when not equipped with fire dust. And how can you claim that as a fact? Humans couldn't be normally penetrated due to aura, and the one time she hit a human without aura his "leg" was supposedly ripped through easily despite the two being comparable.

Theyre specifically not bullet shaped, theyre pulses of energy, not fire dust. Again, Yang does not use firs dust until volume 7 when she gets sticky detonators/grenades. And i can claim it as a fact because even fodder grimm dont get holes blown in them when yang hits them with her shots when other characters who do use guns very blatantly and visibly tak chunks out of grimm they shoot. And no, all she 'supposedly' did was break his leg, not shoot through it, consistent with her shots being blunt explosive force.

WeeklyBattles said:
Unfortunately people make a lot of stomp matches, though most are unintentional like this one
But this isn't a stomp match.

Now that I think about it, Weekly, you proposed the possibility of a stomp in the OG thread with a warped BOP, asking "how is this not a stomp" instead of providing evidence as to why it is. And when evidence was provided it was shot down, but you had the thread closed anyway.

In reality, what we should've done is had the match added and THEN you could've argued why your arguments are right in a CRT instead of having us come up with things to debunk you. That way we could've avoided a lot of hassle.

It's not too late to make things right and let go of this one match, just do better in the future in order to not make these mistakes.

Back