• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About Yang vs Inasa and determining if it's a stomp

Yang vs Ina

Okay, so this seems to be the meat and bones of this thread I'll touch this subject very briefly. I see some arguments above that are valid, but the comparison aren't, namely the Bat-man vs Light one.

Okay, let me give an example, say someone makes a match between Batman and Light Yagami, a direct fight with no people time under standard battle condition. By our stomp rules this would be a stomp match because even though Light CAN kill batman via the death note there is no viable scenario in which he would be able to as batman dominated him in a fight any day of the week.

See, this is indeed a valid argument, Batman would whoop Light anyday and any time of the week, however there's some issues when using this argument to compare it to Yang vs Ina. Namely the skill difference, first of all My Hero characters aren't even remotely close to being as skilled as Batman, and Yang isn't a slouch in the skill department either. Matter of fact I'd argue that Yang has a notable skill Advantage over Ina, so this batman comparison dosen't quite work in regards to the subject of Yang vs Isa. Both fighters are comparable to each other, and Yang has the AP advantage, durability advantage, the endurance advantage and a notable skill advantage. Light vs Bats is a skill stomp, Yang vs Ina is not, and she has several advantages in her own regard. Now whether Yang can execute her advantages and acton them is completely on her, if her opponent isn't stronger than her, faster than her, more durable than her or have an overwhelming hax advantage then a win condition still exists for Yang.

And in this case all Yang has to deal with his a range disadvantage, and wind manipulation. It's far from a stomp, the possibility of Yang winning is still possible, therefore it isn't a stomp, a win condition still exists for Yang. She isn't beaten in all categories, she's just at a disadvantage. Anyone who's claiming this matchup to be a stomp is absolutely wrong in that regard, Yang has her advantage, meaning a win-con does indeed exist, it's just not a likely one.

Does Isa have a massive hax advantage over Yang? No. Does he have enough AP to stomp Yang? No. Does he have regen that Yang cannot bypass? No. Does he have an overwhelming skill advantage over Yang? No. If range wasn't his advantage then Yang would win the thread quite easily.

What makes a stomp thread a stomp thread?
A stomp thread is when no Win conditions are met, such as hax stomps, AP stomps ( of a 7.5x difference or higher.) When one characters has regen that the opponent cannot bypass, and very rarely do we see skill stomps. As long as a win-con exists then the thread cannot be deemed a stomp thread. For example, Van Hohenheim vs Yuichiro was declared a stomp due to Yuichiro having absolutely no way to kill him, or counter thought based hax.

The term "stomp" is used way too here, with most users who claim stomps not actually knowing what constitutes a stomp and what doesn't.

@Prince As Yang can never hit Inasa due to his wind manip and flight it is allowed to be considered hax here, this issue happened a while back in a match with Tanya von Degurechaff where she just range spammed from out of range and her opponent couldnt hit her.

This one

Same exact circumstances as Yang vs Inasa. One opponent can just fly out of range and range spam the other to death while the other cant hit them, making it a stomp

Weekly, I hope you know this argument you just used is pure B.S. Let me prove it.

You claim that the act of mere flight is Hax? Let's look at the definition instead of trusting your conjecture-based assessment.

"Summary
Hax is a catch-all term for abilities that can be used to ignore/bypass one or more of a target's statistics, rendering them irrelevant."

You know what it doesn't include? You guessed it, flight. And it never will because it's NOT HAX. You see, plot manipulation is hax because there's no dodging it or blocking this attack, you've essentially erased free will from the battlefield. Same thing with Mind Manipulation, if you have a brain it's GG, exceptions are case-by-case upon different verses. You know what flight is? Moving around in 3D space. Birds do this by flapping their wings. Insects and bugs fly with their wings too. Humans can do this today, right now with a plane or a jetpack. Do they all have hax too?

That's up to you personally, but the real answer is no, they don't have hax. The difference between a bird and Inasa is that Inasa is actively manipulating the wind to hold his weight, but since they serve the same purpose, if this is hax then I guess Bruce Wayne has hax too.

Now let's get into the tournament you linked.

Trying to compare this battle to Tanya vs Levi is yet another False Equivalence you've attempted. For starters, Tanya outranges Levi by tens of kilometers, and therefore Levi can't get a hit on her. In this match, Yang actually outranges Inasa by hundreds of meters vs his tens of meters, and yet you're still declaring this a stomp.

Answer this question: how exactly does Inasa range spam if Yang is ten times outside of his reach? If anything it's the other way around, and is yet another wincon for Yang that you will ignore in 3… 2… 1...

As far as I'm aware of, Inasa has exactly one wincon you're vouching for, which in no way viable because Yang has the range advantage. Now Inasa has zero viable wincons. Yang has three wincons including range spamming, negating wind manip via semblance, and one-shotting; plus two more if speed wasn't equalized.

Holy shit. I just realized that YANG stomps Inasa. In a cruel twist of irony, you were right all along, but for exactly the wrong reasons.

Here's your opportunity to get Yang another wincon. Come up with another viable wincon for Inasa, or concede that Inasa does not stomp and have the original thread unlocked.

Even if that were true, it doesn't put Inasa in range to attack Yang, like at all. If anything this scenario would end up in an incon, and not Inasa winning, but Yang can still power through his wind.

MilesTheMorales1 said:
Even if that were true, it doesn't put Inasa in range to attack Yang, like at all. If anything this scenario would end up in an incon, and not Inasa winning, but Yang can still power through his wind.
As I understand it, negging her projectiles leaves melee as her only means of hitting him, meaning Inasa massively outranges her. Even if she can power through his wind, he can still fly away

Also, I forgot that the OP of the original thread had them at 10 meters away, not 100 meters, so it should be theoretically even easier for Yang to get up close.

Yes, but then it comes to Pseudo Flight vs True Flight, True Flight obviously being superior. Yang will never be able to actually reach him with massively inferior range and her only means of reaching him being an inferior version of what he uses to escape her attacks

The difference between true flight and Pseudo flight is the method of flight. Yang's flight is momentum based on individual jumps while Inasa's is wind based that's a constant force. There's still no reason Yang can't reach him and one-shot.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
She can dodge his wind too, he isn't the only one capable of the action of moving out of an attacks way.
Bold of you to assume he wouldn't just make a 360 degree wind sphere around him and become untouchable!!!

Sarcasm, obviously. Even if he had this constantly on with his full power concentrated, Yang would still power through it.

If it isn't clear by now, I'm changing my stance to Yang winning.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
She can dodge his wind too, he isn't the only one capable of the action of moving out of an attacks way.
Wouldn't that make it even less likely for her to get to him, as she has to somehow dodge AOE wind that Inasa will undoubtedly be using to keep the distance between them and tag him despite the range advantage with her momentum based flight as opposed to his normal flight?

Did you not read what was said above? Cuz you either didn't or you forgot.

The wider his attack, the weaker. His dozens of meter of aoe weren't even enough to blow back some random students in a fight, and it certainly made no damage.

The only times he "casually" pushed away 8-C stuff is with his air so concentrated that it is a meter wide.

While flight may not be 'hax' by our definition, it is definitely an ability that can very easily tilt something into stompish territory via rangestomping. It doesn't matter if you have a peashooter vs their one-shotting AP if you can just fly fifty feet above their head and slowly murder them.

Moritzva said:
While flight may not be 'hax' by our definition, it is definitely an ability that can very easily tilt something into stompish territory via rangestomping. It doesn't matter if you have a peashooter vs their one-shotting AP if you can just fly fifty feet above their head and slowly murder them.
But he can't just do that now can he?

If he wants to keep deflecting ranged attacks, he will become unable to slowly murder her with his own, because he can't just make unlimited air out of nowhere.

If he tries to go for aoe, at best Yang will be blown up in the air with no damage, and then before any of his attacks reach her she can just pseudo-flight out of there.

If he tries to go directly for the attack, she can dodge and shoot at him, either getting him or forcing him on the defensive.

Moritzva said:
While it may be true that flight vs no flight can become a stomp, both of these combatants have flight of their own methods, and therefore you can't rangestomp just by flying away.

Also, a pea shooter in conventional use can't damage a human being from one attack, so, outside of HP point game mechanics, a thousand attacks wouldn't murder someone either. I'm sure you were being hyperbolic by using a literal peashooter in your example, but this is actually the perfect analogy for this fight.

Inasa's wind can't actually damage Yang from 50 feet away; he would have to narrow his wind to a point where it can be dodged, or Yang can absorb and hit back with even more force.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
Did you not read what was said above? Cuz you either didn't or you forgot.
The wider his attack, the weaker. His dozens of meter of aoe weren't even enough to blow back some random students in a fight, and it certainly made no damage.

The only times he "casually" pushed away 8-C stuff is with his air so concentrated that it is a meter wide.
Nah, sorry, I'm trying to keep up with the discussion but some of it is slipping passed me.

Because of nature of Yang's Pseudo Flight (in that she can only go one direction without firing a charge in a different direction, and that the shooting of the charge beforehand telegraphs her movement pattern to Inasa), a massive AOE wouldn't be needed. A meter wide AOE would still suffice to keep Yang completely out of range

Because of nature of Yang's Pseudo Flight (in that she can only go one direction without firing a charge in a different direction, and that the shooting of the charge beforehand telegraphs her movement pattern to Inasa), a massive AOE wouldn't be needed. A meter wide AOE would still suffice to keep Yang completely out of range

Tell me why a meter wide wind attack would stop Yang if the finest wind attack from Inasa is High 8-C.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Miles Yang does not have flight
Are you still bringing up the same invalid argument from earlier? She absolutely can fly, We've already discussed this. If you disagree then make a separate CRT removing pseudo-flight from her profile, but until then stop bringing this up.

Once again, make a separate CRT and leave your headcanon out of this thread. I'm tired of dealing with the same flat-out wrong points over and over again. Look at her profile yourself, she has pseudo-flight by propeling herself with numerous jumps over and over, not just one big jump. Stop arguing this, it's ridiculous at this point.

I wil repeat this for the third and final time, if you disagree with the concept of pseudo-flight being considered a flight tactic, make a separate thread erasing Peudo-Flight from the wiki.

Okay then, i'll ask you this: Can you provide one scan of Yang using her gauntlets to fly the hundreds of feet into the air she'd need to be able to to reach Inasa? Not using her gauntlets to launch herself forward. Not her using her gauntlets to slow her fall.

Provide a scan of her using them to fly.

Hundred feet into the air? He is a best five meters up high at the most, and any higher and his attacks become so diluted or easy to dodge that he is wasting his stamina.

Why would she need that when not even he can do that? And if he could, that would be wasting his energy, because he still can't attack her from that far, but she can shoot him and he has to keep flying about to dodge.

Because that is what is required for someone with flight to qualify for having flight. Now can you please stop and wait for Miles to post whatever scans he has

No.

Both to your request and statement.

Flight is the ability to move through gases or a void. The void part might just tell you that the height at which you fly is not a factor, since there is no such thing in a void.

True flight - Ability of the character to move freely above the ground (gaseous medium or vacuum) for a long time.

Ain't seeing hundreds of feet in there. There are even birds that don't fly that up. And again, even if he could, he can't fight if he does that, hence it's a nonfactor.

I don't need to prove such a claim, the fight would never happen from hundreds of feet in the air since Inasa's range is only tens of meters.

Also, it's not up to me to defend whether or not she has pseudo flight on her profile. Make a CRT separate from this one removing it from her profile.

Which doesn't matter... because he can't fly that high up, either... and if he could, he'd be no better off than running away because she'd be out of his range...

@Schnee Unfortunately it is, or WAS, seeing as given a lot of what was said here a TON of arguments in Inasa's favor are apparently inaccurate

So you are just changing the topic altogether?

Alright, tell me how he can beat her if she stays on the defensive? Any of his attacks that are truly aoe would at best push her, and that is not doing much to her lifting strength.

The only attacks that could harm her are thick windblasts that can be easily seen, and are far from anywhere near difficult to dodge.

If he attacks at all to begin with, she can shoot at him.

If he defends, he can't attack, and is left constantly consuming energy while Yang can just shoot at him every time he tries to attack, which would tire him out first.

You know what? I concede that point. Yang has to change her entire body position in order to change directions.

Know who else has this "limitation?" Iron Man. Gtfo.

Also that first video you posted just confirmed the fact that Yang can jump without touching the ground with just one gauntlet. She is able to rapid fire her gauntlets, so there should be absolutely zero reason why she couldn't rapidly jump in the air.

Back