• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Slay the Princess profile creation thread

Qawsedf234

VS Battles
Administrator
Human Resources
The Princess Profile

The Long Quiet's Profile

If you spot any mistakes or want to add more/have issues with the suggested statistics please comment. To get into the meat I guess:

The Princess
The Princesses profile is split into what amounts to be four sections
  • Her base key
  • Her various route forms
  • Her Multitude form
  • Her Shifting Mound form
To address the most important ability:

Subjective Reality: This is probably her most notable power. The Princesses/Shifting Mound is influenced by the views and ideas of others. To quote the narrator:
Her nature is to become what others perceive her to be. If you actually knew what she was, if you knew her capabilities, a single intrusive thought could have instantly ended the entire world.
Because of that we only listed the powers she displayed with the above, but theoretically she would be able to use any power her higher keys have access to, as mentioned by the narrator as well:
It's simple, really: 'She can become whatever people perceive her to be? That's easy! I'll just will her into something really small! But wait, what if I accidentally will her into something that ends the world. Oh no, what if just thinking that—. But you wouldn't have finished your hypothetical thought, because she would have already destroyed the world.
And as you were before? You couldn't be trusted with the knowledge of what she is. No one could be trusted with that knowledge. Intrusive thoughts have a way of creeping in and ruining everything. It's why I had to die.

After that her various branching path forms are given the abilities they display in that path with the addition that they kept the base Princesses' powers since they also show the subjective reality aspect, albeit in a more linear fashion.

Finally we have the last two keys which are her more cosmic forms. The Multitude which is her nascent divine form and the Shifting Mound where she reaches her full strength. As with the other keys they are given all previous abilities in addition to the ones that they themselves show, since they're the ascended forms of all variations of the Princess.

The Long Quiet
The PC of the game and the God of Nothing/The New World the LQ is a much more direct profile since his powers aren't influenced by perception like the Shifting Mound, but more along the lines of how it views himself and the determination it has at any particular moment.

The big claims of the profile are probably the following:
  • High Godly Regeneration: When the Multitude was absorbing TLQ after it took an unoptimal path, they constantly regenerate and come back from having their soul and mind be absorbed and faded away. Only dying if they give up the process rather than from the damage itself
  • Invulnerability: Both profiles are given an Invulnerability rating, with the reasoning behind it being that they actually "fight" at the end of the game, possibly for all of eternity. With just brute force neither can destroy the other, which is why the Shifting Mound tries the entire time to either convince or mentally dominate TLQ into joining her or TLQ must go into her heart and destroy her in a more conceptually way that would remove her being from existence

Tier 2 justification
The LQ and Princess have a Low 2-C rating for effecting the Construct. After talks we went with Low 2-C for the following reasons:
  • The Worlds the Construct represent are called universes
    • Of course I'm not okay! As far as we're all concerned, the fate of my world is still very much on the line. Not all of us have the luxury of jumping over to a parallel universe the second we die.
  • The construct exists within all worlds at once
    • The construct you're in exists in every world at once. Any time you failed, any time you thought yourself dead, it would restart and shunt both you and her into a new world.
  • There's infinite versions of the Princess going by the Stranger path and the Wild path
  • During the Fury path we get the following
    • Oh, you're actually letting me talk now? Great. If you've already been here, it means you've seen things that you aren't supposed to have seen, and you know things that you aren't supposed to know. If this doesn't look like a path in the woods — if reality seems distorted, it's because reality is distorted
So overall the Construct was discussed as being a 2-A structure, with the worlds within it being Low 2-C spaces
Tier 1 justification
The LQ is called infinite compared to the Construct's finite size and just expanding its limbs, the Long Quiet destroys the entire construct as a passive effect. Existing beyond it.
Alright time to talk about Low 1-A I guess
So as brought up in the general thread there's conflicting ideas of how to handle the true strength of TLQ and the SM. With the options basically being:
  • We make them both Low 1-C for construct scaling
  • We make them High 1-B to Low 1-A for conceptually scaling above dualities/concepts/to the Absolute Reality of their true state
  • We give them an extra key that's High 1-B/Low 1-A for the New Dawn Ending and make their other endings Low 1-C
I'll let @BestMGQScalerEver explain their stance on it in detail, but as a quick run through
So overall my thoughts would be that for safety, if this rating is agreed to be used, we make both Low 1-C for their base divine forms and just give them a High 1-B or Low 1-A rating for when they escape the construct itself.

Though if the higher Tier 1 stuff is accepted, we probably need to make a blog or something to explain the cosmology in better detail.

Anyways what are everyone's thoughts?

Last edited:
Couldn’t you argue higher than Low 1-A for the Absolute Reality due to how the Absolute Reality was described ? Or was that debunked ?
We had a debate about it off site. The biggest issue to me is that TLQ and SM are actually split halves of an original being that was the driving force of reality. The Echo had split that original being in half and from the chunks made those two. Since the Echo, an explicitly finite being, was able to interact with that greater force I argued that they couldn't get 1-A or higher.

EDIT: Here's the quotes in question
TLQ: What were we shaped from?

Echo: The cycle of life and death. The endless pattern of creation and destruction. I tore it in two and shaped the fraying threads into you and her.
Echo: When I broke the cycle, I made sure that the tear was rough. You carry a part of what should be her, and she carries a part of what should be you. Things won't be as they are now, but they won't be nothing, either.

Looks solid, the only thing I’d add is maybe a varies tier for the LQ since his stats tend to change depending on how he views himself.other then that I agree with low 1-c to high 1-b or low 1-a

I’d add is maybe a varies tier for the LQ since his stats tend to change depending on how he views himself
He does, but as of right now the highest he gets is 9-B with Low 2-C reality manipulation. Maybe the DLC will give him higher showings if they fight Apotheosis or the Fury which bump up the tier.

Though I guess theoretically given the right motivation TLQ could go higher up to Low 1-C. Since there was no real change between TLQ pre-Shifting Mound other than the slow realization of godhood.

He does, but as of right now the highest he gets is 9-B with Low 2-C reality manipulation. Maybe the DLC will give him higher showings if they fight Apotheosis or the Fury which bump up the tier.

Though I guess theoretically given the right motivation TLQ could go higher up to Low 1-C. Since there was no real change between TLQ pre-Shifting Mound other than the slow realization of godhood.
I thought his restricted from would be a bit higher like I remember there was a path we’re he kinda just creams the razor princesses and crumbles her up or something

I gave you like... a day and a half.
I thought you were gonna just go for low 1-C stuff first because the new tiering revisions werent entirely completed yet.

Anyways some stuff.

Shifting Mound is the abstract concept of "Contrast" (or transformation) itself which governs physical shape/composition in its entirety and is what keeps things distinct.
P0GsQmn.png

mmzdiTX.png

OcUVLLi.png

mQHNI67.png

mVCK4aR.png

She as contrast governs the relations which defines things. These of which are just opposing concepts (duality).
mnkV9w9.png

Frn0dQ0.png

If more is needed then I'll post but I don't wanna include too much stuff that might be considered unnecessary. But this aligns pretty much with the standards for low 1-A/1-A (Low 1-A here due to above circumstances)

To also further support my point (with an unpublished FAQ from Ultima though but should help)

Q: What tier is transcending dimensions?​

A: If it refers to an actual superiority over dimensions, then there are two options avaliable for such statements: They can either be Low 1-A, inasmuch as generic superiority over dimensions can be expressed by a structure analogous to a proper class, a generalization of the concept of mathematical sets to collections that are deemed "too big" to be such. For example: The proper class containing all vector spaces exceeds all vector space dimensions, and this can be generalized to even wider collections.

They can also be 1-A, if the superiority in question refers to superiority over the whole notion of a distinction between points in a mathematical space, or, more specifically: To physical composition in its entirety. This type of transcendence can be spotted if the statements are assigned to realms that, by all accounts, can be ascertained as non-composite in nature, such as transcendental voids of nothingness, and similar.
So instead of 1-A for transcendence they'd just get low 1-A for scaling to/above physical composition/distinction in its entirety in a "generic" not so 1-A way.

If more is needed then I'll post but I don't wanna include too much stuff that might be considered unnecessary. But this aligns pretty much with the standards for low 1-A/1-A (Low 1-A here due to above circumstances)
To me the big thing is that the language the Shifting Mound uses throughout her fight/debate TLQ has a lot of future tense to it in my view. Like she's trying to force TLQ to join her and only when they leave together/TLQ destroys her do they reach the state of Absolute Reality which is where I see the Low 1-A stuff coming from.

So I'm still under the view that we keep them Low 1-C and give them an additional key for the out of construct forms.

Are we sure TLQ erased the universe in the Razor Route? It feels pretty ambiguous
From what I understand the universe of the construct/reality is a contrast that the SM (through the Princess) imprints on TLQ. When TLQ empties his mind of everything and becomes nothing the entire reality of that construct also becomes nothing because there's nothing being imprinted anymore.

Which is why I think it was placed as Low 2-C environmental destruction.

To me the big thing is that the language the Shifting Mound uses throughout her fight/debate TLQ has a lot of future tense to it in my view. Like she's trying to force TLQ to join her and only when they leave together/TLQ destroys her do they reach the state of Absolute Reality which is where I see the Low 1-A stuff coming from.

So I'm still under the view that we keep them Low 1-C and give them an additional key for the out of construct forms.
The Absolute Reality stuff isn't really where low 1-A comes from but the TLQ/Shifting Mounds relation to each other and how they govern physicality and opposites.

The Absolute Reality stuff isn't really where low 1-A comes
Its a core reasoning for Low 1-A. Just being dualities and a blank canvas isn't enough for such a high rating in my view. Ultimate Reality is directly tied to the philosophical 1-A methods as I understand it.

I guess I'm not technically against them being always Low 1-A, but it seems to me that the story is implying there's a difference between them in the construct and out of the construct. Since technically TLQ is still sleeping until an ending has been chosen, after which he shatters the Construct by just moving his limbs.

I kept forgetting to bring it up, but we never mentioned in the profile how the Long Quiet and Shifting Mound's dance causes them to constantly surpass one another;
b2ba90348a8df710dd80a514ea1c4d48.png

227dbabb1daa15cb131c9f8c392afc10.png

5d62b68800dba8ec19d88848de38fc9e.png

1c415936ac50166c46c6e4c0dd46b9d9.png

c26ebb74effc5935385403f4982fe25a.png

086226aa74c29f271bee95c27cadb15d.png

Last edited:
i once gifted my friend this game and got alien hominid hd in return. i feel like thats enough for me to say that yeah sure this profile's neat it can work.

Oh, then why is it listed as environmental destruction when he can focus his power to crush people?
Currently the profile treats that as a passive hax
Nonexistent Physiology and Void Manipulation (Nature 2, Aspect 2; The Long Quiet doesn't actually exist, and is nothing at all. The Long Quiet is the empty canvas/emptiness which The Shifting Mound (dichotomy) is imposed upon which would include dichotomies she contains such as "everything" and "nothing". Trying to contact the Long Quiet's body repels the other to the point of destruction, as they also become nothing)

kept forgetting to bring it up, but we never mentioned in the profile how the Long Quiet and Shifting Mound's dance causes them to constantly surpass one another
Adds more evidence to a Low 1-A key as a seperate thing I guess.

Tier 1 justification
The LQ is called infinite compared to the Construct's finite size and just expanding its limbs, the Long Quiet destroys the entire construct as a passive effect. Existing beyond it.
I thought being infinitely higher than 2-A was no longer considered Low 1-C.

I thought being infinitely higher than 2-A was no longer considered Low 1-C.
There's more to it, but it's not just being infinitely beyond it, but also viewing it as irrelevant in size and the construct being an small imitation of the real world that the LQ is also above.

So overall I think Low 1-C would be warranted in either fashion.

I don't care about tier 2 vs 1
Also someone should write a Summary for the Princess page

I'm not sure about the Low 1-A yet... because the new standards have been accepted but not fully implemented yet, but based on my own knowledge of what has been proposed and accepted the Low 1-C base, Low 1-A max interpretation makes sense. Everything else looks fine as well, though slightly unsure on the High-Godly.

Though I'm think calling @Ultima_Reality would be appropriate to see their opinion on this, or a possible time frame for the completion of the revision.

Everything else looks fine as well, though slightly unsure on the High-Godly.
I guess to expand it more, the scene is TLQ being absorbed into the Multitude. Its why the text keeps saying their soul is fading away and then it comes back. They only die when their mind gives up and they become one with the Multitude, but when doing so they both fade into nothing and everything ceases to exist.

Though saying all that I'm not entirely sure if that counts as High-Godly since they don't come back from that and once it happens you can't make it unhappen. Sounds more like Low or Mid-Godly regeneration.
Oh that's what you meant. I thought you meant a P&A summary.

Not to sure how to write her summary ngl. I guess I can write something up, but I can't promise it'll be good.

I kept forgetting to bring it up, but we never mentioned in the profile how the Long Quiet and Shifting Mound's dance causes them to constantly surpass one another;
If you make that an image album we can add that to their last keys and make them Low 1-A with that as one of the justifications.

Back