• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Zeref scaling to Etherion and Acnologia Durability

Status
Not open for further replies.
TriforcePower1 said:
Etherion is literally just a big blast of magic directed by the Council's old man. We know it's magic thanks to the whole Tower of Heaven plan, in which the Tower absorbed Etherion.
This is literally false. Stop with the spreading of misinformation in this thread.

Etherion is literally a satellite weapon spell hanging in the sky.

It is literally a giant weapon spell that must be voted on to be used.

It literally descends upon it's target to fire onto it.

It then charges up and fires onto it's target (it's still called a satellite and weapon every time).\

The only way that Acnologia or Zeref can scale to Etherion is if anyone in this thread provides a single piece of evidence that Zeref or Acnologia have an Etherion Cannon or a feat interacting with the Etherion Cannon.

@IMade

You seem to forget that Etherion is a spell. Even Wall has it, though a weaker version of it, since it depends on the user's output.

Beast Zero Gudako said:
FH is a magical source that can be used to shoot Etherion (A High 6-B weapon) repeatedly. What makes you think Zeref cannot just create something that has the same amount of energy as Etherion even though he has the necessary stuff to do it. It don't have to be a big ass laser, he can just creates small ball of magic that contained the same amount energy as Etherion instead since he has the necessary amount of magic to do it.
Imagine that I have a pistol and a cannon as my weapons.

And you hand me an infinite amount of bullets, cannonballs and gunpowder.

That means I could repeatedly fire the cannon (Etherion) and pistol (Zeref's magic) as many times as I want but it doesn't make the pistol as strong as the cannon.

Damage isn't referring to an AoE Fallacy. He's comparing the two together which makes sense in this case. Zeref doesn't have anything that can compare or scale directly to Etherion, unless he has his own Etherion canon which he doesn't.

At least High 6-C, Possibly High 6-B is the best option, it accomadates to both arguments and is a reasonable compromise

We need somebody to contact all of the staff members listed in the Fairy Tail verse page and the Knowledgeable Members List.

If that does not work, I can give you a list of staff that you can select from to ask to comment here.

I'm strictly against scaling Zeref to High 6-B in Any way shape or form when he doesn't have anything on that level. That would be a better rating for Acnologia at his strongest and 7DF Natsu.

Well, if everybody involved continue to refuse to listen to my instructions that they need to contact staff to evaluate this, they can continue to argue forever, and nothing will get done.

In addition, this thread will reach 500 replies soon. Somebody needs to restart it and neutrally summarise both sides of the argument in the first post.

Beast Zero Gudako said:
You keep ignoring the basic of magic in FT verse.

And you keep on ignoring that it doesn't apply to everything. I suppose that Zeref is High 3-A now? No. Having more magic doesn't always equate to being stronger and the Dragon Cry is a perfect example. While containing more Magic than Etherion, Etherion is far more destructive and impressive than Dragon Cry.

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
@Rin and Imade

Just take the compromise it's a reasonable Middle Ground

I can't speak for Imade. I'm fine with a "At least High 6-C, possibly High 6-B" for post RoT Dragon Acnologia. Human Acnologia I wouldn't be so sure given that he's shown to be weaker in human form.

Ok I have an idea....iirc it took a country of Mages to put a Mavis Defensive spell on RoT Dragon Acno (though he was sick on a boat)

Maybe that can help here?

Either that then I'm neutral since both sides have good argument

I would love High 3-A FT, but that would be the biggest outlier Shonen Manga could produce. High 6-B is the biggest feat FT has so far and considering the basic, FH can be scaled to that as lowball.

I still don't understand behind the Dragon Cry downgrade honestly.

It already seems that most people disagree so instead of just arguing again let's just compromise

EDIT: what about a country of mages using defensive spell on Dragon Acno? would that work in some ways?

I am personally fine with a middleground solution, and am getting tired of having to continue to waste time on this. My country is currently likely going to hell, so I am in a bad mood.

Literally the compromise is At least High 6-C, Possibly High 6-B for all the Keys, except Igneel, no likely's, or straight up tierings, Just that for all the current High 6-B ratings

Alright so NOBODY else comments on here after this until we get a staff here (@Matt) and if staff answers till the next day then we can go with @Demons suggestions

Sounds like a plan so please be patient and wait

I will lock this thread in the meantime then. Staff members can unlock it later after you have asked them to give input.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back