• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Zeref scaling to Etherion and Acnologia Durability

Status
Not open for further replies.
PicsArt 01-08-03.34.09
20190108 153535 rmedited
20190108 154445 rmedited
We stated that acnologia can be defeated by etherion,now it's wrong for many reason

1)makarov answer happy question and said it's possible to defeat acnologia by using etherion(and fh as power supply),now at that time none of them was know acnologia real power(that he can absorb magic itself).

2)they only faced acnologia once (till chapter 451 fairy heart), and they only know about S-class exam arc acnologia, when erza meet acnologia again she stats that his power lvl is way higher when they meet him on tenorujima.

In summary- FT member didn't know that acnologia(pre rot) can't be killed via etherion, they only assume it which prove wrong later on in the series.

Purpose of the thread- the line "etherion stated to be killed him" should be remove

Mind telling me the chapter of those scans? I can find better ones but I suggest always using Manga Life.

I'll take a deeper look into this but from what I remember Etherion was stated to be the only thing capable of defeating Acnologia so I'll see if the actual scans actually state this or not.

Edit: Given the context of what Mavis is stating the profile should be fine as is or should be altered slightly.
0451-015
it seems like she's still referring to Etherion being able to defeat Acnologia along with Fairy Heart due to its infinite supply of Magic, or this could refer to Zeref's method of defeating Acnologia. That being said I'm fine with either keeping it on the profile or simply getting rid of it. Although I think the former is the better option given that Mavis didn't know how Zeref was gonna attempt to defeat Acnologia.

@rin ch no 451,528.

No one know acnologia power(possibly except zeref) till he reveal it by himself, zeref did plan to use fairy heart to kill acnologia, but it's was in a different way(ch 532)

20190108 201943 rmedited
As you can read in scan, zeref plan to go back in time and kill acnologia before he becomes this powerful.

Also that time makarov/mavis didn't know about acnologia power, attacking him with etherion is like attacking natsu with fire

^that's will be perfect, but i will wait other ppl input so we can call it a crt

^^^What Mitch said. Mavis and Makky were theorizing what could kill him but we know thats wrong with the stuff revealed later on.

It does bring up the question of whether Acno could tank the Etherion blast or if he'd have to eat it.

I guess any dragon can tank it cause they have resistance to magic, but i also agree with demon comment

Hm. I always interpreted Acnologia making Etherion useless was because of his broken magic resistance and magic absorbtion. Nuking a man who's extremely resistant to Magic and can absorb it is like dropping a nuclear weapon on a person who's able to resist the blast and the radiation. Then again we're never given an explanation on how Acnologia would survive it ( Damn you Hiro. ) so I suppose Mitch's suggestion works.

They didn't know about his Magic Resistance at that point anyway, so saying that it wouldn't have been able to defeat him would still be a durability feat

But none of them knows that acnologia can absrob any kind of magic present in the verse

I mean, Etherion not being able to defeat Acnologis is still justification, I mean it's scales if anything to his Magic resistance, that he would survive a huge High 6-B cannon, I think he should still be on his page, plus his Magic Resistance alone would not have been enough to survive Etherion, so we should say that it couldn't defeat him

@1997

I wasn't saying they knew he could absorb energy. I was saying they obviously knew about him having magic resist, the same thing every dragon has by default. They also saw him tank huge explosions from Igneel so its obvious he is a extremely durable both physically and magically.

@Mitch

Justification for his magic resist not his normal dura. The fact that it weakens the effect Etherion would have on him and we know its extremely powerful magic resist means we can't scale it to his normal dura.

We could remove the Etherion description entirely if we don't need it, or change it to "Etherion would not have been able to defeat him, though this is possibly due to his Magic Resistance"

Antvasima said:
So what are the conclusions here?
The currect reasoning on acnologia profile is wrong(for his high6-B to 6-A form)

AnonymousBlank give this suggestion

"Igneel who was able to bypass his MR and still left him unscathed"

(MR: magic resistance)

The problem is that Igneel scales off of Acno to my knowledge. Other than fighting Acno, all we know is that Igneel >>> other dragons who shrug off 7-A+ attacks that bypass their resistance.

Base Acno makes a High 6-Cs piss themselves and thats all we really have for him. His other keys scale from Etherion which we agreed can't be used for his physical dura due to his strong magic resist.

Anyone have any ideas?

Then more durable then fairy heart zeref should be fine? Zeref stats that even wity fh he can didn't have sny hope/chance of winning against acnologia(pre rot)

But Zeref only got hax and some AP with those though.

Speaking of FH Zeref, in his fight against Natsu why do we not consider that END Natsu seeing as Lucy and Gray had the book open?

It's possibly end Natsu, but when Natsu was fighting zeref, the same time lucy was rewriting Natsu. I actually need to re-read itƒñö

Low-Mid then. Would he get Type 3 Immortality since she keeps rewriting him? Hell she potentially "resurrected" him if he was actually dead.

Natsu gets Regen via Lucy ƒñú

Also the Savage Dragon Fire Form is Natsu's Power, not END, it's never implied he got a power up from the book opening, Natsu's Power increase because he ignite his Soul, so yeah, anime powerup

Natsu having Regen is a whole other discussion and we can't justify immortality if he wasn't confirmed to actually be dead.

On the matter of Acno's durability, thinking about this some more I don't think there is a real reason to change what we have, he wouldn't have been able to absorb/resist the power of Etherion if it's destructive power far exceeded his own abilities. Unless we want to insist that Acno's magic resistance far exceeds his other abilities.

^True, I mean when Acnologia was 6-A, his Magic Resistance was overpowered and defeated by a 6-A Natsu, so Etherion Scaling to Him makes sense as a description in his durability

Can we definitively say it doesn't far exceed his physical stats? His magic resist means we cannot say for sure that he can physically tank Etherion without it and he has never been hit by something physically comparable to Etherion. When in doubt, lowball.

Well let's search for precedent. Have we at any time in the series seen a dragon slayer consume an attack that far exceeds their Ap? This is a viable question since even though he's much more powerful than the other slayers he's still bound by the rules that DS magic work under- he still gets motion sick for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back