• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yhwach The Almighty regen negation

So Aizen never got that arm back, even in later stuff?
Tbh we barely see enough of Aizen after this fight to be 100% sure if he got the arm back. After Yhwach gets killed by ichigo for the first time we see aizen not heal the hand for a few moments before he's enveloped by Yhwachs darkness once he resurrects. Once ichigo kills him immediately after his resurrection at the end of the chapter we get a time skip years later in the next chapter though we do see Aizen briefly and he might have healed the hole in his chest since it ain't there but I'm not sure of we get any clear shot at his arms.
yg5a7H7.jpg

Hmm. I guess you could argue that Aizen managed to regenerate after Yhwach's defeat similarly to how Ichigo restored his full powers after killing Yhwach who had absorbed them previously.

Either way, considering that Yhwach can break things in the future permanently to the point even causality reversal is not capable of repairing them on top of Aizen not healing himself after sustaining the injuries inflicted by Yhwach throughout his conversation with Ichigo when Aizen has feats of coming back from much worse than a hole in his chest and a missing arm in a much shorter time frame in an inferior form, I think Yhwach should at least get a possibly/likely for Mid-Godly regen negation.

So Aizen never got that arm back, even in later stuff?
In the period where he fought Yhwach, it never regenerated only later on was it shown that he renegerated (after yhwach's defeat).
Anyway, there are statements of Yhwach such as anything that's affected by the almighty is unable to be undone.
Such as orihime's rejection of causality, which failed to heal ichigo and his bankai.

Yhwach pre-almighty directly stated that it'd be difficult to put aizen down / permanently kill him in muken and pretty much instantly defeated him EoS

Last edited:
Hmm. I guess you could argue that Aizen managed to regenerate after Yhwach's defeat similarly to how Ichigo restored his full powers after killing Yhwach who had absorbed them previously.
I'm going crazy but yhwach never fully absorbed ichigo's powers

A limited version will be fine. Almighty prevents regen but is undone if Yhwach is permanently sealed away. Because after Ichigo killed Yhwach in battle and in the time Yhwach brought himself back to life… Aizen’s injuries didn’t heal up.

I don't agree with this cause we also have the likes of Ichibe regenerating while Yhwach is still alive, and his regen isn't as good. This could just be a case of Aizen's regen not kicking in yet, cause everything is happening so fast. All the other times we've seen him regen before this, there is normally a bit of delay before he starts healing.

I don't agree with this cause we also have the likes of Ichibe regenerating while Yhwach is still alive, and his regen isn't as good. This could just be a case of Aizen's regen not kicking in yet, cause everything is happening so fast. All the other times we've seen him regen before this, there is normally a bit of delay before he starts healing.
You're talking about a less powerful version of the almighty.
Aizen's healing has always been shown to be instantaneous, where is it delayed exactly?
He never regenerated in his fight with Yhwach either way, which is supported by the fact that yhwach stated that anything done by the almighty is unable to be undone.

?

Yhwach doesn't have his Fate Manipulation (which is the main ability that's being argued to induce the regen negation) with that version of The Almighty, he only gains that ability after absorbing the Soul King, something that happens after the Ichibe fight.

Aizen regenerated after having his entire body destroyed in a couple seconds at most, regenerating his arm would be even faster since it's less matter to re-create, the amount of time which passed after Aizen had his arm destroyed is a lot longer compared to the amount of time it took him to regenerate his entire body, so the delay argument doesn't seem to really hold up when given context.

Last edited:
We have no idea what the speed of Aizen's regeneration is in that state.

So I don't think there's enough proof that Yhwach negated his regeneration.
Except for that Yhwach directly stated the reason why he wanted to recruit aizen was because of how difficult it would be to put aizen down..
EoS Yhwach literally shit on him.

And you need to prove that.
The reason why aizen was imprisoned in the first place, was because it was impossible to kill him, even by the likes of yamamoto and his bankai.

We have no idea what the speed of Aizen's regeneration is in that state.

So I don't think there's enough proof that Yhwach negated his regeneration.
The onus would be on you to prove that Aizen's regenerative speed was decreased or changed in any-way, not that we need to prove it holds a similar level compared to his previous states.

Disagree.

Except for that Yhwach directly stated the reason why he wanted to recruit aizen was because of how difficult it would be to put aizen down..
EoS Yhwach literally shit on him.

And you need to prove that.
The reason why aizen was imprisoned in the first place, was because it was impossible to kill him, even by the likes of yamamoto and his bankai.
Yhwach never states that his intention to recruit Aizen was due to his regeneration or immortality. He's a special war power just because of the sheer amount of Reiatsu he has.

Aizen may well have begun regenerating soon after when we see him talking to Ichigo; only Yhwach's reemergence interrupted that.

That isn't confirmation that he is completely incapable of regenerating.

You're talking about a less powerful version of the almighty.
Almighty isn't ever noted to get more powerful, I don't know why we would treat as if it did just because Yhwach absorbed both the Soul King and Mimihagi.
Aizen's healing has always been shown to be instantaneous, where is it delayed exactly?
Final Getsuga Tensho and Gin. Both times, there's a few seconds delay before Aizen starts healing and regenerating.
He never regenerated in his fight with Yhwach either way, which is supported by the fact that yhwach stated that anything done by the almighty is unable to be undone.
I don't think Yhwach states that ever, that's more statements made by everyone else surrounding him.
?

Yhwach doesn't have his Fate Manipulation (which is the main ability that's being argued to induce the regen negation) with that version of The Almighty, he only gains that ability after absorbing the Soul King...

Aizen's regenerated after having his entire body destroyed in a couple seconds at most, regenerating his would be even faster since it's less matter to re-create.
Yeah he does. Again, no mention at all of the Almighty changing its nature between when he uses it against Ichibe and when he's using it against Ichigo. We have no reason to believe the power only now manipulates fate.

Yeah he does. Again, no mention at all of the Almighty changing its nature between when he uses it against Ichibe and when he's using it against Ichigo. We have no reason to believe the power only now manipulates fate.

He... he doesn't Duedate.... He doesn't have access to his Fate Manipulation until he absorbs the Soul King, previously the main effect of The Almighty was seeing all futures, and everything he sees in said futures becomes powerless against him since they take his side.... Only after he absorbs the Soul King he explains, and uses the new effects of The Almighty, which is its Fate Manipulation. You've read Bleach, how can you make such an inaccurate statement like this?

Also appealing to silence, such as the lack of direct conformation that the Almighty's nature was changed, isn't evidence that it didn't change. We can use our brains to connect simple implications.

He... he doesn't Duedate.... He doesn't have access to his Fate Manipulation until he absorbs the Soul King, previously the main effect of The Almighty was seeing all futures, and everything he sees in said futures becomes powerless against him since they take his side.... Only after he absorbs the Soul King he explains, and uses the new effects of The Almighty, which is its Fate Manipulation. You've read Bleach, how can you make such an inaccurate statement like this?
Yhwach never implies that he only gained access to Fate Manipulation after absorbing the Soul King.

When Yhwach explains the Almighty, he does not say "Now after absorbing the Soul King's powers and I can manipulate the future." or anything like that. He just explains the nature of the Almighty by itself. Please get me the scan, that states that he couldn't manipulate fate before with the Almighty or that it got upgraded after the Soul King was absorbed. Hell, the profile right now and for a few years now, have always given Yhwach his fate manipulate with just the All-Mighty, not with Soul King absorbed. To turn your own statement back on you, you've read Bleach, how can you make such an inaccurate statement like this?

I would agree if the argument were to deny regeneration because of the nature of the Almighty, that whatever has been done cannot be undone.

Yhwach never implies that he only gained access to Fate Manipulation after absorbing the Soul King.
He does when he never actually uses his Fate Manipulation until after he absorbs the Soul King, and Yhwach's own previous statement which implies The Almighty's main effect, during this period of time, was seeing all futures, and everything he sees in said futures becomes powerless against him since they take his side. Using words like "my power" which implies during this period of time, The Almighty's power was just this, since after absorbing the Soul King, he explicitly explains the new, main power of The Almighty, which is the manipulation of the futures.

When Yhwach explains the Almighty, he does not say "Now after absorbing the Soul King's powers and I can manipulate the future." or anything like that. He just explains the nature of the Almighty by itself. Please get me the scan, that states that he couldn't manipulate fate before with the Almighty or that it got upgraded after the Soul King was absorbed. Hell, the profile right now and for a few years now, have always given Yhwach his fate manipulate with just the All-Mighty, not with Soul King absorbed. To turn your own statement back on you, you've read Bleach, how can you make such an inaccurate statement like this?
He doesn't need to explain that when it's implied, this is what we call entailments Duedate. I'm not arguing there's a explicit scan, i'm saying it's heavily implied by Yhwach's own words and actions, which you haven't concretely countered yet, you've just appealed to arguments i'm not making. You're deadass misunderstanding the "Almighty" tabber on his profile, that's just a composite of the Almighty's effects, it doesn't actually break down the effects it has during different points in time, if you've actually been in debates using Yhwach's profile you would understand this since his Almighty, pre-Soul King absorption, isn't considered to have Fate Manipulation.

He does when he never actually uses his Fate Manipulation until after he absorbs the Soul King, and Yhwach's own previous statement which implies The Almighty's main effect, during this period of time, was seeing all futures, and everything he sees in said futures becomes powerless against him since they take his side. Using words like "my power" which implies during this period of time, The Almighty's power was just this, since after absorbing the Soul King, he explicitly explains the new, main power of The Almighty, which is the manipulation of the futures.
I don't think that is the case.

Jugram makes it clear when he tells Uryu that the true terror of the Almighty is not the power to see the future. This is the reveal that there is more to the power than just seeing the future.

Yhwach could always use the Fate Manipulation with it. It's just part of the Almighty's power. It was just never explained to the audience until later.

There is never any statement that the Almighty was only capable of Future Sight at one point and then he gained a new power on top of that.

He does when he never actually uses his Fate Manipulation until after he absorbs the Soul King, and Yhwach's own previous statement which implies The Almighty's main effect, during this period of time, was seeing all futures, and everything he sees in said futures becomes powerless against him since they take his side. Using words like "my power" which implies during this period of time, The Almighty's power was just this, since after absorbing the Soul King, he explicitly explains the new, main power of The Almighty, which his the manipulation of the future.
This sounds a lot like you're just making assumptions that the text does not point towards. And in fact directly contradicts with on-screen statements
He doesn't need to explain that when it's implied, this is what we call entailments Duedate. I'm not arguing there's a explicit scan, i'm saying it's heavily implied by Yhwach's own words and actions, which you haven't concretely countered yet, you've just appealed to arguments i'm not making. You're deadass misunderstanding the "Almighty" tabber on his profile, that's just a composite of the Almighty's effects, it doesn't actually break down the effects it has during different points in time, if you've actually been in debates using Yhwach's profile you would understand this since his Almighty, pre-Soul King absorption, isn't considered to have Fate Manipulation.
Yes, he does. Cause his statement is "The power of the Almighty is not to see the future, but change it." That statement does not in any form or shape hint or indicate that the Almighty power he possess has changed for some reason. I struggle to see how you read this statement and then somehow come to the conclusion that he had two different sets of powers with the Almighty.

And if the case is that the tabber is just composited, that needs to be changed because powers aren't suppposed to be composited in profiles. If it changes across keys, we note in the tabbers themselves that a power changes across keys. That's just normal standards

Just in case anyone thinks that it is questionable writing to present Yhwach's Almighty to the audience and then reveal 60+ chapters down the line that the Almighty actually has a different true power... The simple explanation is that Kubo is bad at writing and it's not meant to be taken that the Almighty changed in-universe at some point. Kubo retconning stuff like this is just par for the course. (Though I take this one fine since it is meant to be a reveal of new information and he did give a couple chapters foreshadowing at least)

These arguments just aren't good and are completely devoid of context.

I'll address them later, currently eating.

Just in case anyone thinks that it is questionable writing to present Yhwach's Almighty to the audience and then reveal 60+ chapters down the line that the Almighty actually has a different true power... The simple explanation is that Kubo is bad at writing and it's not meant to be taken that the Almighty changed in-universe at some point. Kubo retconning stuff like this is just par for the course. (Though I take this one fine since it is meant to be a reveal of new information and he did give a couple chapters foreshadowing at least)
I don't think that's what you should say Damage. I wouldn't call this a case of bad writing cause the explanation given for the Almighty at the end, still works with the previous one he gave to Ichibe. It's just further elaboration on how the power truly works.

Almighty isn't ever noted to get more powerful, I don't know why we would treat as if it did just because Yhwach absorbed both the Soul King and Mimihagi.

Final Getsuga Tensho and Gin. Both times, there's a few seconds delay before Aizen starts healing and regenerating.

I don't think Yhwach states that ever, that's more statements made by everyone else surrounding him.

Except for the small detail, that the soul king has a better version of the almighty that Yhwach absorbed.
A few seconds of delay? How are you even using that as an argument? Aizen was literally shown to regen instantly after both attacks.
He's not shown to be regenerating AT ALL against yhwach.

And yeah, it was stated by other characters and was proven to be correct. thus supporting the statements with feats to back it up.

Except for that the absorbed the soul king, who has a superior version of the almighty.

These arguments just aren't good and are completely devoid of context.

I'll address them later, currently eating.
We're presenting statements from the manga itself. I'll go through your counter-arguments when you make them, but without a solid statement that Yhwach's Almighty underwent some kind of change, it is completely speculative to assume that "the true power of the Almighty" is in fact some brand new power he attained.

I don't think that's what you should say Damage. I wouldn't call this a case of bad writing cause the explanation given for the Almighty at the end, still works with the previous one he gave to Ichibe. It's just further elaboration on how the power truly works.
I mean, I know it's further elaboration and that's fine. I just think how Kubo did it was bad writing.

My opinion on it being bad writing doesn't alter how I look at the facts though.

Except for the small detail, that the soul king has a better version of the almighty that Yhwach absorbed.
A few seconds of delay? How are you even using that as an argument? Aizen was literally shown to regen instantly after both attacks.
He's not shown to be regenerating AT ALL against yhwach.

And yeah, it was stated by other characters and was proven to be correct. thus supporting the statements with feats to back it up.

Except for that the absorbed the soul king, who has a superior version of the almighty.
It is never said that the Soul King has a better version of the Almighty.

Just for the sake of argument, let's say that Yhwach does have access to his Fate Manipulation during the period of time in which he fights Ichibe, cool. Can either of you actually prove he used his Fate Manipulation against Ichibe?, just because he has access to an ability doesn't mean he used it, that doesn't logically follow. If neither of you can prove he did, then this entire point is null and should be discarded as we lack the needed evidence to assume such a thing actually happened.

It is never said that the Soul King has a better version of the Almighty.
what?
Yhwach has 3 pupils with his almighty > soul king has 4
Yhwach is unable to use the almighty on the soul king
And the small detail that the soul king foresaw everything millions of years into the future, and even created the verse with it

Back