• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Will You Shatter Fate? - RP Thread

"....I suppose I could... make an attempt." Yuri murmured, closing her eyes.

"....."

".............."

"........................"

"................................

Yuri sighed, "Yeah I don't believe that we can simply control fate. Either that, or I'm doing it wrong."
"Well... hit your head Against it until... it works..." Kuthaliara said

"I... think we could perhaps be spending our time on something more... productive." Yuri muttered.
"What's going on here?" Loka asked, appearing behind her.

"Sister sister! W- wanna hear my music? M-maybe it could, ermm, entertain you for... a while..." Yumi asked enthusiastically, approaching her with gleeful eyes.

"I... think we could perhaps be spending our time on something more... productive." Yuri muttered.
“True. There’s no telling how long we have until what I saw comes to pass. We need to make the most of the time we’ve got.” Hikaru said thinking about what they could do. “I won’t let that future play out. I’ll change things this time.”

"Sister sister! W- wanna hear my music? M-maybe it could, ermm, entertain you for... a while..." Yumi asked enthusiastically, approaching her with gleeful eyes.
"Perhaps at another time, Yumi. Your big sister is busy." Yuri said, "I'd be glad to hear it later, though."

Nodding along he said “Yeah, I’ve been looking forward to seeing what you can do.”
"Of course we would, Yumi. Play your heart out." Yuri said with a smile and nod.
With a gleeful smile she walks to the center of the ship where everything could see her and begins her performance.

As Yumi raised the trumpet to her lips, her body instinctively swayed with the rhythm of the music, her instrument becoming an extension of her being. With each breath, her chest rose and fell in sync with the notes that were about to pour forth.

Her fingers delicately pressed against the valves, their movements precise and purposeful. The metal instrument came alive under her touch, resonating with a distinct metallic sound that filled the air. Her embouchure was firm and controlled, allowing her to create a rich and vibrant tone.

As the first notes escaped the trumpet's bell, they danced through the room like ethereal spirits, swirling and twirling in a captivating display. Yumi's eyes closed, immersing herself fully in the music, her face expressing every nuance of emotion that flowed through her.

With her nose pressing against the mouthpiece, her breath flowed effortlessly, shaping the melody with grace and finesse. The music she played was a story of gratitude and resilience, conveyed through a series of intricate runs, heartfelt trills, and soulful legato lines.

Her improvisations were an expression of her innermost thoughts and feelings, captivating the audience and drawing them into her musical journey. Each note seemed to carry a weight, a profound sense of gratitude for life's blessings and a poignant acknowledgment of the struggles she had overcome.

Yumi's body moved with an elegance and fluidity that defied her physical limitations. Her feet seemed to glide across the so-called stage as she swayed and leaned into the music, her whole being pulsating with the rhythm. Her facial expressions mirrored the ebb and flow of the melody, from moments of introspective introspection to bursts of exuberant energy.

Anyone who had heard seemingly got transported to a realm where troubles melted away, replaced by a profound sense of connection and appreciation. Yumi's trumpet became a vessel for her emotions, speaking directly to the hearts of all who listened.

As the final notes faded away, leaving a lingering sense of awe in the air, Yumi opened her eyes, a gentle smile gracing her lips.

With a gleeful smile she walks to the center of the ship where everything could see her and begins her performance.

As Yumi raised the trumpet to her lips, her body instinctively swayed with the rhythm of the music, her instrument becoming an extension of her being. With each breath, her chest rose and fell in sync with the notes that were about to pour forth.

Her fingers delicately pressed against the valves, their movements precise and purposeful. The metal instrument came alive under her touch, resonating with a distinct metallic sound that filled the air. Her embouchure was firm and controlled, allowing her to create a rich and vibrant tone.

As the first notes escaped the trumpet's bell, they danced through the room like ethereal spirits, swirling and twirling in a captivating display. Yumi's eyes closed, immersing herself fully in the music, her face expressing every nuance of emotion that flowed through her.

With her nose pressing against the mouthpiece, her breath flowed effortlessly, shaping the melody with grace and finesse. The music she played was a story of gratitude and resilience, conveyed through a series of intricate runs, heartfelt trills, and soulful legato lines.

Her improvisations were an expression of her innermost thoughts and feelings, captivating the audience and drawing them into her musical journey. Each note seemed to carry a weight, a profound sense of gratitude for life's blessings and a poignant acknowledgment of the struggles she had overcome.

Yumi's body moved with an elegance and fluidity that defied her physical limitations. Her feet seemed to glide across the so-called stage as she swayed and leaned into the music, her whole being pulsating with the rhythm. Her facial expressions mirrored the ebb and flow of the melody, from moments of introspective introspection to bursts of exuberant energy.

Anyone who had heard seemingly got transported to a realm where troubles melted away, replaced by a profound sense of connection and appreciation. Yumi's trumpet became a vessel for her emotions, speaking directly to the hearts of all who listened.

As the final notes faded away, leaving a lingering sense of awe in the air, Yumi opened her eyes, a gentle smile gracing her lips.
Yuri's eyes widened as she was graced by Yumi's immaculate performance, left in awe of the beautiful melodies which still lingered in her ears. After a few moments of being left frozen in awestruck, Yuri spoke.

"That was... beautiful, Yumi."

As he listened Hikaru found himself captivated by the performance. His worries about the coming future faded away for a while and he was able to just enjoy himself. As the music came to an end he began to clap saying, “Absolutely incredible.”

"Great music." he said hearing the music

Yuri's eyes widened as she was graced by Yumi's immaculate performance, left in awe of the beautiful melodies which still lingered in her ears. After a few moments of being left frozen in awestruck, Yuri spoke.

"That was... beautiful, Yumi."
"Yayyy!" she gleefully raised her trumpet in excitement.

"Very good performance, Yumi!" Loka clapped, "I would've paid you lots by now if I this was back in my old life!" he laughed.

"Oh... Y- you don't have to pay me like that... I can perform for free! No extra charge!" she replied, smiling.

As he listened Hikaru found himself captivated by the performance. His worries about the coming future faded away for a while and he was able to just enjoy himself. As the music came to an end he began to clap saying, “Absolutely incredible.”
Slowly, her excited devolved in embarrassment as she blushed.

"Y- you really think so? T-thank you so much!"

Tom smiled, although he was at a distance from the group because he was piloting this ship, he could hear the music.

"She's good, I wonder if she could give me a couple of tips" he say

Yuri crossed her arms with a smile, "Well... at least she's happier now. That's all that matters." She thought to herself.

Yuri crossed her arms with a smile, "Well... at least she's happier now. That's all that matters." She thought to herself.
"You truly became a big sister for the little girl, huh?" Loka asked, standing beside her.

"Not that I complain about it, but something interesting to point out given her personality... Just cheering everyone around..."
“Of course I think so. That was great. Plus you got me less worried than before. I’m sure I…no we can get through whatever future I see.” He said with a smile and was standing a little straighter.
Yumi titled her head and gave a cute smile in response.

You truly became a big sister for the little girl, huh?" Loka asked, standing beside her.

"Not that I complain about it, but something interesting to point out given her personality... Just cheering everyone around..."
"Well... she seemed like she needed a big sister to help guide her. I'm glad to be that." Yuri said.

"I mean, you won't just stop at simply pretending, no?" he sarcastically asked.
"I am not simply playing pretend, sir. Where I come from, we treat those close to us just as we would treat our blood-relatives. As far as I am concerned, Yumi is my real little sister."

Yumi titled her head and gave a cute smile in response.
“Thanks,” he said continuing to smile himself, “Don’t know if there’s anything I can do to pay you back but if something comes up just ask. For now though I should probably rest up a bit and see what else I can learn about our future.” With that he turned away rather awkwardly and went to go sit down. As he did he kept thinking, Having powers doesn’t make these guys combatants. Some of them just don’t have the mindset. To be honest without my shikigami I might not have been much better. Still, they’ve all got their own talents and goals. I’ll do my best to protect that.

"I am not simply playing pretend, sir. Where I come from, we treat those close to us just as we would treat our blood-relatives. As far as I am concerned, Yumi is my real little sister."
"Thought so." he replied, "Now keep it that way. It's best to have someone keeping the girl in watch by someone older than her, don't want her to turn out bad at the wrong hands..."

"Thought so." he replied, "Now keep it that way. It's best to have someone keeping the girl in watch by someone older than her, don't want her to turn out bad at the wrong hands..."
"Thank you, sir... but I do not need you to advise me. I care for Yumi as I care for my own blood. I will not allow her to come to harm." Yuri said firmly.

“Man, that one of the best performances I’ve ever heard, and I’ve been to a lot of them! You’ve got some insane talent,
kid!” He complimented, ruffling her hair jokingly. He continued, “Say, where did you learn to play like that, anyway?”

"Thank you, sir... but I do not need you to advise me. I care for Yumi as I care for my own blood. I will not allow her to come to harm." Yuri said firmly.
"Of course...." he muttered, nodding.
“Man, that one of the best performances I’ve ever heard, and I’ve been to a lot of them! You’ve got some insane talent,
kid!” He complimented, ruffling her hair jokingly.
Yumi became embarrassed as she let him do it.
He continued, “Say, where did you learn to play like that, anyway?”
"I- I... I was a fan of jazz! I didn't had anyone to... t-teach me though...." she murmured, "But whenever I watch Miles Davis, I got su~~~per inspired!" she said quickly, smiling. "I don't... r-really deserve your compliment, s-sir..."

Of course...." he muttered, nodding.
Yuri turned away from Loka for a moment, looking out the windows of the ship. They were... quite high-up, and had only gone higher once Tom had began piloting the ship.

"At least the view from above is better than what dwells in the forest..." Yuri muttered, observing the forests entirety from the window.

Yuri turned away from Loka for a moment, looking out the windows of the ship. They were... quite high-up, and had only gone higher once Tom had began piloting the ship.

"At least the view from above is better than what dwells in the forest..." Yuri muttered, observing the forests entirety from the window.
"That, as well as the annoying wood lady..." he replied sarcastically. "All we have left are speculations for the worse..."

"I don't exactly consider her to be "on our side"... She's more like somebody who was dragged into this and doesn't know how to defend herself. I'd like to keep her in the sidelines of all the violence."

"I don't exactly consider her to be "on our side"... She's more like somebody who was dragged into this and doesn't know how to defend herself. I'd like to keep her in the sidelines of all the violence."
"Just like how an older sister would say it..." he joked again, slightly giggling before stopping himself almost immediately. "But yeah. It's not like someone wants to see her get hurt, and I bet that goes for everyone else who knows her..."

"Just like how an older sister would say it..." he joked again, slightly giggling before stopping himself almost immediately. "But yeah. It's not like someone wants to see her get hurt, and I bet that goes for everyone else who knows her..."
"Speak for yourself, pal. Personally, I think a little pain would go a long way in helping her fight! After that weird woodsy lady, we don't know the kind of dangers that await us in this place; we're gonna need all the help we can get." Jack piped up.

"I'd think the contrary, sir..." Yuri said with a sigh, "Usually, pain isn't the best motivator for those who are prone to stress and anxiety."

Back