• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Will You Shatter Fate? - RP Thread

azontr

He/Him
You have lived your life out to the best of your ability. Whether you achieved your goals, fulfilled a purpose, or become something... Only you can know. You feel as if time has slowed down the very moment the life drains from your body, as if the world itself has grinded to a halt out of pity for you, just to let you enjoy your final moments in peace.

But... it did not last forever, for obvious reasons. You finally feel the life drain from your body, and, without fail...

...You die.

But suddenly, your eyes open.

And the world around you... has become ethereal.

The ground upon which you lay feels less unlike any material you may have seen in life, and more like empty space, gentle, neon particles of light rising into the air as if it was raining in reverse. You feel... rejuvenated, within this strange dimension. As if any ailments or deficiencies you had in life had disappeared like they never even existed.

Above you... lay what seem to be a massive, neon hourglass, housing innumerable grains of sand. Like clockwork... the sand fell. But the bottom did not fill. No, it remained empty, for the sand merely floated back into the top of the giant glowing hourglass.

You've... been reborn.

"... ... ..." a man in a thick robe and a skull mask simply got up, holding his hand out and creating a bone chair to sit in to wait

The jackal-headed individual was on his feet in less then a second, immediately trying to get other individuals up

A woman with white and green hair was still just laying there, her eyes closed

A man in a black outfit, wearing glasses, woke up from the sound of the other individuals waking up. He got up and tries to gather his surroundings.

"Hmmmm, can't mess with anybody here... kinda bored...." he muttered to himself.

A blue-haired woman, holding her trumpet up close, woke up.

A young man slowly, gradually opened eyes, letting out a small, quiet breath. He let out another...and another...simply letting the airflow through his lungs as he had done countless times before while bedridden. Just like then...he was laying down, watching as life drifted by all around him.

But...it was not the sound of the sea that met him. The familiar noise of crashing waves not reaching his pale ears, the noise he had heard...the noise he had loved...all of his life.

And thus, the man felt the need to ponder for a moment...where was he, exactly? Such a question quickly proved fruitless. It wasn't as if he had seen much of the outside world from his bedroom. For all he knew, this could simply be another building in his village, or perhaps some strange cave.

....but this didn't seem like any place he had heard about. His father would have told him about such a wonderful area. At least in passing.

"....Pa?" The young man called out. His voice was soft, and warm...with an accent that vaguely resembled Italian, for those familiar with people of that region.

"...Ma...?" He called out again, becoming increasingly panicked. Had they left him somewhere? He didn't recall being carried out of his room...

A young man slowly, gradually opened eyes, letting out a small, quiet breath. He let out another...and another...simply letting the airflow through his lungs as he had done countless times before while bedridden. Just like then...he was laying down, watching as life drifted by all around him.

But...it was not the sound of the sea that met him. The familiar noise of crashing waves not reaching his pale ears, the noise he had heard...the noise he had loved...all of his life.

And thus, the man felt the need to ponder for a moment...where was he, exactly? Such a question quickly proved fruitless. It wasn't as if he had seen much of the outside world from his bedroom. For all he knew, this could simply be another building in his village, or perhaps some strange cave.

....but this didn't seem like any place he had heard about. His father would have told him about such a wonderful area. At least in passing.

"....Pa?" The young man called out. His voice was soft, and warm...with an accent that vaguely resembled Italian, for those familiar with people of that region.

"...Ma...?" He called out again, becoming increasingly panicked. Had they left him somewhere? He didn't recall being carried out of his room...
"You died." The man in the skull mask said, walking over, while the woman automatically opened her eyes and was on her feet and looking at the young man

"You died." The man in the skull mask said, walking over, while the woman automatically opened her eyes and was on her feet and looking at the young man
"Uhhh, hello?? W-where am I mister?" the girl asked, holding her trumpet like a teddy bear as she gingerly approached the skull-masked individual.

"....." A black-haired woman slowly opened her eyes, the crimson highlights suddenly being illuminated by the world around her.

"...E-E... H-Hello...?" The woman slowly looked around... What was this... strange, glowing place...?

"Ostia, Virgilio si que este lugar es extraño,

This place broke the deep sleep of my mind
a great thunder, so that as a man
that by force awakens,
"The man said casually before getting frustrated

"Man, being a poet is more difficult than you make it look, Virgilio"

"Uhhh, hello?? W-where am I mister?" the girl asked, holding her trumpet like a teddy bear as she gingerly approached the skull-masked individual.
"I haven't determined that yet, expect to know soon." The man responded, not really turning his head to the girl
He quickly stood up and said, “My name is Hikaru Saito. My I ask yours?” He was surprised by the jackal-headed man but was also excited by just how much better his body felt now.
"Drew Anuthal, pleased to make your acquaintance." Drew responded a
"....." A black-haired woman slowly opened her eyes, the crimson highlights suddenly being illuminated by the world around her.

"...E-E... H-Hello...?" The woman slowly looked around... What was this... strange, glowing place...?
"Hello!" In an instant the white-haired woman was standing right above her

"AH!" The woman jumped up as if on instinct, landing around a meter away from her previous position.

"Who are you...!?"
"Kuthaliara Gentlewing! Who are you! You don't look like anybody from where I've been!" Kuthaliara said, taking a step forward but keeping out of arm's reach

"Your body where you came from, it died. You likely feel much better now, do you not?" The man said
"...Died..." Ashe said quietly. He stared upward for a moment, saying nothing. He knew it was coming...had felt his body slowly, helplessly deteriorate during his final days...but he never expected it to end like...this.

"....."

"...This...isn't the afterlife Pa taught me about..." Ashe said quietly, staring up at the hourglass above.

"...Died..." Ashe said quietly. He stared upward for a moment, saying nothing. He knew it was coming...had felt his body slowly, helplessly deteriorate during his final days...but he never expected it to end like...this.

"....."

"...This...isn't the afterlife Pa taught me about..." Ashe said quietly, staring up at the hourglass above.
"It isn't one I know of either, it is interesting however, I cannot comfort you in a way that matters, so I'd recommend going to either of those ladies to help with coping, as you likely need it." The skull-masked man said, looking with ethereal blue eyes up at the hourglass before he reached a hand down to help Ashe up

"oh, scary.... spookyyy~~" the man in the glasses commented, before giggling to himself.
"Kuthaliara Gentlewing! Who are you! You don't look like anybody from where I've been!" Kuthaliara said, taking a step forward but keeping out of arm's reach
"...I-I... I-I um..." The woman blinked a few times, the giggling of the man in glasses being incredibly off-putting. She remained silent for a few moments... before speaking, standing up straight.

She took a bow, "My name is Kim Yuri... (김 유리) Pleased to make your company, ma'am..."

"It isn't one I know of either, it is interesting however, I cannot comfort you in a way that matters, so I'd recommend going to either of those ladies to help with coping, as you likely need it." The skull-masked man said, looking with ethereal blue eyes up at the hourglass before he reached a hand down to help Ashe up
"Pfftt, imagine coping...." he said to himself, laughing once more.

"Pfftt, imagine coping...." he said to himself, laughing once more.
"I recommend closing your mouth and keeping quiet, sir." Drew said, having overheard the man
"...I-I... I-I um..." The woman blinked a few times, the giggling of the man in glasses being incredibly off-putting. She remained silent for a few moments... before speaking, standing up straight.

She took a bow, "My name is Kim Yuri... (김 유리) Pleased to make your company, ma'am..."
"Thank you, wanna fly? Or go to that dude still on the ground?" Kuthaliara asked energetically

Ashe stared at the hand for a few long moments, before slowly shaking his head.

"...I can't walk good, stranger. Better off leavin' me on the ground..." Ashe said quietly, breathing out. His eyes grew dull, continuing to stare at the hourglass.

"...I can't walk good, stranger. Better off leavin' me on the ground..." Ashe said quietly, breathing out. His eyes grew dull, continuing to stare at the hourglass.
"Can't walk!?" Yuri exclaimed, her ear twitching. She stumbled over to Ashe on the ground, kneeling down to him.

"....Sir, it's not nice to fake disabilities. You can walk just fine."

(They don't have any powers now they get Apostle shit later-)
(Kuthaliara's used to airplanes lmfao, she didn't exclusively cross-country the old fashioned way lol)

Hyde sighed, immediately picking Ashe up like he was luggage and put him over his shoulder so he could look up at where he was going

"Can't walk!?" Yuri exclaimed, her ear twitching. She stumbled over to Ashe on the ground, kneeling down to him.

"....Sir, it's not nice to fake disabilities. You can walk just fine."
Ashe stared at the woman blankly, clearly not understanding her words. Nor her strange attire...her method of dress far removed from the fisherwoman he had seen from his window.

"...E-excuse me. My Pa taught me not to lie...I...I'm sorry if I said somethin' wrong." Ashe said.

"...But I've had a touch of weakness since childbirth. My leg's don't serve for much but decoration."

Hyde sighed, immediately picking Ashe up like he was luggage and put him over his shoulder so he could look up at where he was going
Ashe didn't seem surprised, long since used to people simply grabbing him up whenever they needed to move him. Easier than trying to help him walk, anyway, considering his lighter weight.

Ashe stared at the woman blankly, clearly not understanding her words. Nor her strange attire...her method of dress far removed from the fisherwoman he had seen from his window.

"...E-excuse me. My Pa taught me not to lie...I...I'm sorry if I said somethin' wrong." Ashe said.

"...But I've had a touch of weakness since childbirth. My leg's don't serve for much but decoration."
"B-But you can walk! Why are you letting him carry you?" Yuri insisted.

Ashe didn't seem surprised, long since used to people simply grabbing him up whenever they needed to move him. Easier than trying to help him walk, anyway, considering his lighter weight.
"Oh, how unfortunate... You must've had such a painful life, huh?" the girl said, wishing to play her trumpet to the man.

"He's simply used to it, so I doubt he is lying, Yuri, was it?" Hyde said simply

"...Excuse me, ma'am. I...don't much like being thought of as a liar. I...don't know what you want me to do..." Ashe said, growing somewhat distressed.

"Oh, how unfortunate... You must've had such a painful life, huh?" the girl said, wishing to play her trumpet to the man.
"...It's...just the life the gods gave me, ma'am. I'm...n-not one for complain'." He said quietly.

“I agree. Before winding up here my own body was weak and deteriorated but I feel fine now. Maybe the same is going on for him.” Hikaru offers.
"........" Ashe's eyes glanced over at the man for a moment, cocking his head ever so slightly.

"...I...I guess I do feel a bit more...lively then I was yesterday. I ain't coughing no more either..." He muttered.

"...Excuse me, ma'am. I...don't much like being thought of as a liar. I...don't know what you want me to do..." Ashe said, growing somewhat distressed.

"...It's...just the life the gods gave me, ma'am. I'm...n-not one for complain'." He said quietly.

"........" Ashe's eyes glanced over at the man for a moment, cocking his head ever so slightly.

"...I...I guess I do feel a bit more...lively then I was yesterday. I ain't coughing no more either..." He muttered.
Hyde sighed

"An experiment then." He said, putting Ashe on his feet with a hand to support him

Back