• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Will You Shatter Fate? - RP Thread

It was then that Hikaru had an idea. He said, “Sorry Ashe, looks like I’m gonna have to postpone that swimming for a little while. I just thought of something I should look into,” with a wave he turned and looked for somewhere to sit and began his divination again. He had been interrupted before but with the loss of the old man they were in need of any kind of lead they could get. Keeping Yuri’s advice from before in mind, he remained relaxed and focused, aiming to see what the future held for the group at this point.

It was then that Hikaru had an idea. He said, “Sorry Ashe, looks like I’m gonna have to postpone that swimming for a little while. I just thought of something I should look into,” with a wave he turned and looked for somewhere to sit and began his divination again. He had been interrupted before but with the loss of the old man they were in need of any kind of lead they could get. Keeping Yuri’s advice from before in mind, he remained relaxed and focused, aiming to see what the future held for the group at this point.
Finally, once he had cleared his mind, Hikaru was able to divine bits and pieces of what the future held from the group... Not the whole picture, but, parts of it.

The creature that had attacked them previously appeared in Hikaru's vision... coated in incredible amounts of blood, with corpses littered around it. The corpses were sprouting with roots violently throughout them, making it difficult to decipher who they were...

Finally, once he had cleared his mind, Hikaru was able to divine bits and pieces of what the future held from the group... Not the whole picture, but, parts of it.

The creature that had attacked them previously appeared in Hikaru's vision... coated in incredible amounts of blood, with corpses littered around it. The corpses were sprouting with roots violently throughout them, making it difficult to decipher who they were...

A look of sadness spread across his face but he did not break his concentration. He took in every last detail he could from the vision. From the creature itself, to the corpses, and the surrounding area. The more he could decipher and remember, the more it would help in the future. Most importantly he hoped he would be able to recognize the situation before it struck.

A look of sadness spread across his face but he did not break his concentration. He took in every last detail he could from the vision. From the creature itself, to the corpses, and the surrounding area. The more he could decipher and remember, the more it would help in the future. Most importantly he hoped he would be able to recognize the situation before it struck.
The more Hikaru tried to peer into the far future... the more he felt a strain, or, more like a weight begin to envelop his head, putting pressure on his brain. Despite this, though, more was revealed the further he looked. The roots began to wriggle out of the corpses and back to the creature, the blood seeping into the bark itself, and the corpses beginning to return to the Earth, seeping into the dirt..

As much as he wanted to see more Hikaru knew it wasn’t good to keep pushing through the pressure without knowing his limit. Once he rested and and let it subside he could try again. With that thought he let his focus fade and opened his eyes. Taking a moment to breath, he stood up and walked towards the majority of the group saying, “Hey, you guys are probably gonna wanna hear this.”

"What is it, Hikaru?" Yuri asked, before her nose scrunched up. "I sense... energy. Did you try that... divination thing, again?"
“Right on the mark,” he said nodding. “I actually managed to get it to work this time and we really need be prepared for what I saw.” He added still looking a little shaken from the vision.

Yuri nodded, "You... seem shaken by this, Hikaru. I'm assuming your vision did not contain a... positive fate for us...?"

Yuri nodded, "You... seem shaken by this, Hikaru. I'm assuming your vision did not contain a... positive fate for us...?"
“Two for two,” Hikaru said trying to bring his mood up. “That creature that attacked us before, we run into it again. What I saw was that thing covered in blood with corpses scattered around it. There were roots all over them so I couldn’t tell who they were. The roots eventually retracted but the corpses sunk into the earth.” He explained.

“Two for two,” Hikaru said trying to bring his mood up. “That creature that attacked us before, we run into it again. What I saw was that thing covered in blood with corpses scattered around it. There were roots all over them so I couldn’t tell who they were. The roots eventually retracted but the corpses sunk into the earth.” He explained.
"...we can't fight it directly..." Kuthaliara murmured, hearing that

"......." Yuri let out a frustrated breath, leaning against the walls of the ship with crossed arms.

"As Ms. Kuthaliara says... we will not be able to win in a direct battle, even if we gang up on it. So... at least we know that confrontation is not the ideal route."

“I agree completely. Now the problem is coming up with a way to derail our current future, which is easier said than done.” Hikaru said. “After I rest my mind I plan to try again. We need as much knowledge as we can get right now.”

"Well, the God... did say that we could control destiny, when we got to this place. Perhaps derailing the future will not be to difficult." Yuri proposed.

"Well, the God... did say that we could control destiny, when we got to this place. Perhaps derailing the future will not be to difficult." Yuri proposed.
"...someone should try... like... Yuri, try trying to change the fate that this ship doesn't move right now." Kuthaliara murmured, developing a headache to which she put one hand to her forehead

"Well... I suppose that I could try, but I don't know the first thing about controlling destiny!" Yuri said nervously.

"Well... I suppose that I could try, but I don't know the first thing about controlling destiny!" Yuri said nervously.
"Neither do the rest of us... hence why we need to start...!" Kuthaliara said, clearly, talking repeatedly wasn't doing well for her headache and she was just enduring it

"....I suppose I could... make an attempt." Yuri murmured, closing her eyes.

"....."

".............."

"........................"

"................................

Yuri sighed, "Yeah I don't believe that we can simply control fate. Either that, or I'm doing it wrong."

Back