• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Will You Shatter Fate? - RP Thread

"A... webtoon. That is interesting. Would you tell me more?" Yuri requested. At the same time, she kept Yumi in her gentle embrace, slowly patting her younger sister's head as she spoke.
"Yeah! Yeah! What's that? I wanna know! C-could you play music with those?!" she asked gleefully.

“Very well then,” Hikaru said with a nod before settling back into his divination. Show it to me. He thinks to himself. Show me more of that creature and our encounter.
As Hikaru began his divination, foreign energy beginning to coalesce around him, wrapping around him like ribbons. A voice was projected into his mind... this didn't seem to be a vision of the future.

"Human Apostle... You are attempting to peer into a future not meant to be seen... your arrogance seems to know no boundaries..."

As Hikaru began his divination, foreign energy beginning to coalesce around him, wrapping around him like ribbons. A voice was projected into his mind... this didn't seem to be a vision of the future.

"Human Apostle... You are attempting to peer into a future not meant to be seen... your arrogance seems to know no boundaries..."
Loka had his finger pointed towards the ribbons wrapping around Hikaru, about to unleash Yellow should he hear any groans or grunts.

After a long time Tom managed to put the ship in automatic mode

"Did someone say Webtoon?" Tom appeared out of nowhere, next to the group with a smile before changing it a bit.
"Ehhh? Tom?? You knoe about Webtoons??" she asked, slowly shifting her head, still within Yuri's embrace of course, as she smiled at him.

"Ehhh? Tom?? You knoe about Webtoons??" she asked, slowly shifting her head, still within Yuri's embrace of course, as she smiled at him
Tom smiled at her, and took out his phone, thanking aww his powers work so well to constantly restore power to his phone so his only problem was the internet, so Tom looked for a page where he had several previously downloaded Webtoons

"It was a trend to create online stories similar to comics and the like but vertically, that way one can read it easier, there are all kinds of stories, I think the concept was born in South Korea" he said while showing him a couple from Webtoons like the previously mentioned Tower of God and ARMADOS

Tom smiled at her, and took out his phone, thanking aww his powers work so well to constantly restore power to his phone so his only problem was the internet, so Tom looked for a page where he had several previously downloaded Webtoons

"It was a trend to create online stories similar to comics and the like but vertically, that way one can read it easier, there are all kinds of stories, I think the concept was born in South Korea" he said while showing him a couple from Webtoons like the previously mentioned Tower of God and ARMADOS
"Oh my... this originated in South Korea? I never knew of such a thing..." Yuri said curiously, "Online stories that you read vertically... Truly an entertaining thing!"

"Oh my... this originated in South Korea? I never knew of such a thing..." Yuri said curiously, "Online stories that you read vertically... Truly an entertaining thing!"
"Oh, I thought it plays music...." she slightly frowned. "But that's really cool!" she said quickly, smiling again.

He tried responding to the voice, maintaining a calm demeanor, saying, “If I’ve overstepped then I apologize. However I don’t believe that I did so out of arrogance. We were given these powers with little to no instruction, told that we could change fate. I was unaware of any rule that prohibited this use. Everything that I’ve done with these powers was to keep myself and my friends from harm or death. I used them out of concern and care for them. Once again I apologize for any mistake I may have made but I mean no offense by it.” He tried to convey everything about how he felt honestly.

"Oh, I thought it plays music...." she slightly frowned. "But that's really cool!" she said quickly, smiling again.
"You two should read at least one, someone of them are funny shorts and others have a good story with worldbuilding, if we get time of course"

"You two should read at least one, someone of them are funny shorts and others have a good story with worldbuilding, if we get time of course"
"Well, I do not have a cellular device on me as of now, so unless you'd be willing to part with yours for a time, we can't." Yuri said.
He tried responding to the voice, maintaining a calm demeanor, saying, “If I’ve overstepped then I apologize. However I don’t believe that I did so out of arrogance. We were given these powers with little to no instruction, told that we could change fate. I was unaware of any rule that prohibited this use. Everything that I’ve done with these powers was to keep myself and my friends from harm or death. I used them out of concern and care for them. Once again I apologize for any mistake I may have made but I mean no offense by it.” He tried to convey everything about how he felt honestly.
"What an intriguing way of viewing things..." The voice said with a cackle, "Very well, then. I will overlook this, and allow you and your lot to change the future. But as you may have already realized from using your abilities... changing your destiny will have a cost. Will you pay it?"

Well, I do not have a cellular device on me as of now, so unless you'd be willing to part with yours for a time, we can't." Yuri said
"I'm fine to lend it to you or Yumi as long as you don't look through the family photos, some are so ugly that they make one laugh and of course, it embarrass me if someone see them" Tom said, laughing a little

"I'm fine to lend it to you or Yumi as long as you don't look through the family photos, some are so ugly that they make one laugh and of course, it embarrass me if someone see them" Tom said, laughing a little
Yuri chuckled, "Trust me, Tom, as a doctor, I am amazing at respecting ones privacy. All of your embarrassing family photos will remain explicitly confidential, I promise."

"What an intriguing way of viewing things..." The voice said with a cackle, "Very well, then. I will overlook this, and allow you and your lot to change the future. But as you may have already realized from using your abilities... changing your destiny will have a cost. Will you pay it?"
Hikaru remained silent for a while before responding, “That is hard to answer without further context. The consequences I’ve experienced so far have been temporary pain but from the way you speak I can assume there will be more permanent consequences in the future. There’s also the matter of whether what we stand to gain is worth the price.” He stopped briefly before continuing. “I still feel that we owe it to ourselves to try. If there is an opportunity to avoid the death that is destined for us and create a better future I think that’s worth it. I think I would be willing to brave the cost.”

Yuri nodded at Tom, before looking down at Yumi. "Would you want to read these... webtoons, Yumi?"
Hikaru remained silent for a while before responding, “That is hard to answer without further context. The consequences I’ve experienced so far have been temporary pain but from the way you speak I can assume there will be more permanent consequences in the future. There’s also the matter of whether what we stand to gain is worth the price.” He stopped briefly before continuing. “I still feel that we owe it to ourselves to try. If there is an opportunity to avoid the death that is destined for us and create a better future I think that’s worth it. I think I would be willing to brave the cost.”
"Very well, then. A hint that will allow you to change the future will fall into your hands very soon." The voice said, "And the price that you will pay for this will not come immediately... when the time is right, I will come to collect the price of using powers beyond your limits, Human Apostle."

Yuri nodded at Tom, before looking down at Yumi. "Would you want to read these... webtoons, Yumi?"

"Very well, then. A hint that will allow you to change the future will fall into your hands very soon." The voice said, "And the price that you will pay for this will not come immediately... when the time is right, I will come to collect the price of using powers beyond your limits, Human Apostle."

“I see,” he says simply. “If I may ask you a few questions, why was I given these powers if they are so far beyond me? Why and for what were we brought here for by that being? And what awaits us as we climb?” He asks. The reason he was using his divination power was to gain information and this opportunity could also provide him with some.

“I see,” he says simply. “If I may ask you a few questions, why was I given these powers if they are so far beyond me? Why and for what were we brought here for by that being? And what awaits us as we climb?” He asks. The reason he was using his divination power was to gain information and this opportunity could also provide him with some.
"I alone cannot provide you the answers you seek, Human Apostle. But as you climb higher and higher, maybe even sooner than you think... you will soon know the answers yourself."

"Hmmm..." she replied, looking at the list of Webtoons to read. "Sure, sister! Wha-... are wee, gonna , uhh, r-read?' confused.
"if you let me suggest, this is this, quite simple in drawing but its story is good" Tom said while showing her a Webcomic/webtoon called One Punch Man (Which for this RP we will say that its drawing quality is 10x times better, but it is not equal to the manga version either, simply mror readable, if you want the story can be more or less the same the manga version, which is technically speaking is in the Web version since it only varies much after the Garou arc, everything before that was very the same removing the extra panels)

"I alone cannot provide you the answers you seek, Human Apostle. But as you climb higher and higher, maybe even sooner than you think... you will soon know the answers yourself."
Hikaru sighs and says, “That’s about what I expected. Something else I want to confirm. You said that I was looking for a future that was not meant to be seen. Does that mean I should completely refrain from utilizing my divinations in the future or is there a way I can make use of it without going too far?

"if you let me suggest, this is this, quite simple in drawing but its story is good" Tom said while showing her a Webcomic/webtoon called One Punch Man (Which for this RP we will say that its drawing quality is 10x times better, but it is not equal to the manga version either, simply mror readable, if you want the story can be more or less the same the manga version, which is technically speaking is in the Web version since it only varies much after the Garou arc, everything before that was very the same removing the extra panels)
"Ooooooo...." she exclaimed, amazed by the art as she gleefully looked at each image.

"Oh my... This bald man is quite powerful..." Yuri murmured as she read the comic.
Hikaru sighs and says, “That’s about what I expected. Something else I want to confirm. You said that I was looking for a future that was not meant to be seen. Does that mean I should completely refrain from utilizing my divinations in the future or is there a way I can make use of it without going too far?
"You humans are so cautious. Why not keep trying and find out for yourself? I am not here to give you all the answers, after all... merely to warn you- And I have done just that."

Yuri chuckled, "Yes, I suppose someone of your age would be interested in handsome men like Gena... I mean, Genos. Not Gena."

"Don't be silly, Yumi!" Yuri said, "You're more than pretty enough for a silly little fictional man like him. Don't under-sell yourself."

"You humans are so cautious. Why not keep trying and find out for yourself? I am not here to give you all the answers, after all... merely to warn you- And I have done just that."
“Fine then,” Hikaru said resigning his questioning. “I suppose if there’s nothing else you’re willing to tell me, that we’re finished here.”

“Fine then,” Hikaru said resigning his questioning. “I suppose if there’s nothing else you’re willing to tell me, that we’re finished here.”
"Indeed, tenacious Apostle. I do not think it will be long until we see each other again... until next time." The voice said, before it, along with the energy, slowly dissipated into nothingness, leaving Hikaru once again in silence.

"Indeed, tenacious Apostle. I do not think it will be long until we see each other again... until next time." The voice said, before it, along with the energy, slowly dissipated into nothingness, leaving Hikaru once again in silence.

“Only question is whether that’ll be a good thing or a bad one.” Hikaru said, unintentionally responding to the last statement out loud now that he was no longer being communicated with, as he opened his eyes.

Back