• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Who Is The King of F&G Threads?

To further nominate myself, I currently run an RP that's 243 pages long, and is still going rather strong. I also have another one that's 60 pages long going strong, and another one that's 19 pages long which has started rather recently.

And no I am not just advertising my RP threads. Definitely not.
Are RP threads any fun? I’ve done RP stuff before with friends but how does it generally work in VSBW? Is it not kinda an unorganised mess with potentially hundreds of people involved instead of like, 8 people

Are RP threads any fun? I’ve done RP stuff before with friends but how does it generally work in VSBW? Is it not kinda an unorganised mess with potentially hundreds of people involved instead of like, 8 people
Uh, RPs on the forum are usually the same as normal RPs you'd do with friends. Usually just a couple people or so, following a plotline set up by a GM.

I think their personally really fun. If done right, at least. I've met some of my best friends in RPs and had a lot of really fun, engaging writing experiences in the RPs I run. I'd say their a pretty big part of my VS Wiki experience, and I'd recommend you try joining one, if interested.

Nah, Pika be trippin' bruh.
When you all know each other really well it really isn’t that much of an issue, you usually split up and run multiple storylines at once before intersecting them, or just do a really major event and document all the characters together dealing with it

When you all know each other really welling really isn’t that much of an issue, you usually split up and run multiple storylines at once before intersecting them, or just do a really major event and document all the characters together dealing with it
it can vary a lot but normally the registration thread explains the plan for the game.

When you all know each other really welling really isn’t that much of an issue, you usually split up and run multiple storylines at once before intersecting them, or just do a really major event and document all the characters together dealing with it
That's a weird way of doing it, huh.

In the RPs I'm in on the forum, the storyline is usually pretty linear, decided by a single person. Seems kinda difficult to intersect multiple storylines together like that.

Idk it works well enough for us

Like one time we did a Marvel RP and there were Symbiote OC’s, Hydra and S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent OC’s, my OC was a practiser of the Mystic Arts and Dr Strange’s Apprentice....

We just kinda always found a way to rope all that different stuff together, and if things were complicated or someone was planning an OC death, you could always just PM relevant people and normally the rest file in when something pre-planned happens, as it’s usually obvious enough

That's actually a really interesting way to do it. I don't think I could pull it off though, since I primarily just run the entire story on my own.

We ended up fleeting between RP concepts a lot, most only lasted a day or two before being scrapped, but one time we hit the jackpot and that went on for about 6-8 months or so I think before ending.

Its also a great way to look back at yourself as a writer if you’re into that because I’m really happy with the character growth of my 2 OC’s in that, but I cringe so hard remembering some of the stuff I did a few years back...

Are there any role plays open to new people atm? (Idk if they’re just always open or what)

Most of RPs I seen here that had several separate groups were actually sandboxes i.e. everyone does whatever they want until a problem shows up and they then beat up the problem before scattering again usually small groups form.

We ended up fleeting between RP concepts a lot, most only lasted a day or two before being scrapped, but one time we hit the jackpot and that went on for about 6-8 months or so I think before ending.

Its also a great way to look back at yourself as a writer if you’re into that because I’m really happy with the character growth of my 2 OC’s in that, but I cringe so hard remembering some of the stuff I did a few years back...

Are there any role plays open to new people atm? (Idk if they’re just always open or what)
I literally just joined the last one azontr listed

Back