• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What shows, in your opinion, don't get enough credit?

I'm going to list mine.

johnny+7.jpg

Johnny Test: People have started to open up to the show a little bit, but the show to me is still underappreciated. Memorable characters, episodes, jokes, etc. I recommend checking the first 4 Seasons of the OG show, then go ahead and watch the new Johnny Test revival on Netflix.

R.ac4b986e54e473c4ed25fc9cec9953da

Sonic Boom: The writing carries this show, but that's all you need for this show. It's hilarious. I highly recommend it.

hVhpYsDBV61FQmNiZiuwmft8igy.jpg

The most underrated Nickelodeon show in my eyes. Funny jokes, good characters, great theme song, animation that's pleasing to the eyes, etc. This show deserves a second chance.

OIP._LAxm_ZcNbmkpdwoEcu8FgHaI6

T.U.F.F Puppy: Not a very original show, but it gives me Johnny Test vibes with its silly charm, funny jokes and characters. Butch Hartman's last good cartoon before his career took a turn for the worse.

R.bb62a3bb93293de201b26b7e0d2abde2

Tokyo Mew Mew: While the 4Kids! dub isn't bad, I recommend that you watch the sub version of this show. Likeable characters, a fun and relatively simple story, and surprisingly well-written villains for a show like this. Plus, there was a pretty cool twist towards the end when the Mews face the main villain.

seiren-32180-poster.jpg

Seiren: Only watch the first 4 episodes. Tsuneki Hikari is one of the most underrated waifu's imo. The rest of the show is meh.

R.5be65d6a2170b95b4738db2e7a6463d2

Plastic Memories: Likeable characters, great animation, a very captivating (albeit sad) story, and a very bittersweet ending. Had me happy and sad at the same time.

This is all I can think of for now.

OIP._LAxm_ZcNbmkpdwoEcu8FgHaI6

T.U.F.F Puppy: Not a very original show, but it gives me Johnny Test vibes with its silly charm, funny jokes and characters. Butch Hartman's last good cartoon before his career took a turn for the worse.
I remember watching it, I loved it, it was pretty funny, also a good opening

What shows do you think don't get the credit or respect they deserve? You can kind of fit this into shows that are underrated as well.
hmmmm, i would say Korra, a lot of people hates Korra only due the nostalgy of Aang

I dunno if this count as ''shows'', but I would say Spider-Man from Andrew Garfield, a lot of people hates him because they prefer Tobey Maguire, but thats not a reason to hate Andrew Garfield's spider-man, it maybe it's my favorite now

I'll say SAO only because it basically started the Isekai trend. We wouldn't have shows like No Game No Life or Konosuba if it wasn't for SAO.

Goblin Slayer, a lot of people hates it because that scene, but thats kinda of a unfair reason to hate a verse in my opinion, as the scene works to show how the world in goblin slayer works, culture, dangers etc

Uh, no. There's literally a whole fandom of it, and cringe waifu wars. I'd say Re:Zero isn't underrated, especially when you take into consideration how popular their girls are like Rem and Emilia. (also I'd say it's rather overrated)
Yee and it deserves credit... You literally said whole fandom of it and cringe waifu wars, Literally discrediting the whole show... Before I watched I thought it was a bad anime because of how everyone talked about it, I watched 3 ep and then dropped it and then picked it back up again and saw how good it really is which no one was talking about.

Yee and it deserves credit... You literally said whole fandom of it and cringe waifu wars, Literally discrediting the whole show... Before I watched I thought it was a bad anime because of how everyone talked about it, I watched 3 ep and then dropped it and then picked it back up again and saw how good it really is which no one was talking about.
cringe waifu wars was supposedly a joke, since Rem vs Emilia is literally a meme at this point and a shitpost at that. How is me saying it has a whole fandom discredit the whole show?

cringe waifu wars was supposedly a joke, since Rem vs Emilia is literally a meme at this point and a shitpost at that. How is me saying it has a whole fandom discredit the whole show?
The whole fandom literally doesn't talk about the show and discredit it with memes and stuff.... It's not like that for One Piece, Bleach, Naruto and MUCH more...

The whole fandom literally doesn't talk about the show and discredit it with memes and stuff.... It's not like that for One Piece, Bleach, Naruto and MUCH more...
...How does one not talk about a show, and makes memes about a show. That's literally what talking about a show can be. Also I don't if you've been into Re:Zero Fandoms, groups, discord servers, but they do talk about how the show is "peak fiction" or "the best isekai", and other aspects of it.

...How does one not talk about a show, and makes memes about a show. That's literally what talking about a show can be. Also I don't if you've been into Re:Zero Fandoms, groups, discord servers, but they do talk about how the show is "peak fiction" or "the best isekai", and other aspects of it.
I know barely nothing about Re:Zero's fandom but I expect they are all mostly edgy people... 🤔 that's my first time using that word 🤔 don't know if it makes sense but 🤷‍♂️...making memes about a show is ok but overriding it with that is not.

How.... IS EVERYONE USING SHORT TERMS FOR WORDS AND UNDERSTANDING THEM!!!
monkey-animal.gif

what is even Nura?

Actually Grisaia is a pretty popular VN (Visual novel), but just like any anime adaptation they are generally inferior to the original source material, hence less popular, of course there exist exceptions such as: Higurashi, Steins;Gate and School days (I wish the Grisaia anime adaptation didn't skipped too much stuff from the VN, but the Makina's character arc was pretty well done, especially the end, good job choosing the actual good ending.)

Don’t know what you are talking about…
banessa-orangutan.gif

What does this mean? You talking about me or the show?
Simply put, Grisaia originates from a Canon "Game" aka VN just like Rewrite, Umineko and Majikoi. But the thing here is Grisaia is a 50+ hours Game (VN), each "heroine" (Main girls such as Yumiko, Makina, etc etc) have their own route, and each route is usually more than 10 hours (Introducing important side character for each heroine, backstory, etc etc). Since the Anime adaptation has 13 eps, the animators are forced to convert a 50+ hour VN into a 13 Episode Anime. They pretty much were also forced to skip and remove important scenes that were present in the VN.

About the "Good ending part" there was a scene in the VN where Yuuji was supposed to choose between "not killing insert character" and "spare insert character", the Anime turned the supposedly "bad ending" into a "good ending" as it should be (The bad ending was messed up).

Little Witch Academia.
Most people quit after the first few episodes but if you stick through it, you'll find yourself watching one of Trigger's best.

Back