• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jojo speed CRT: Part 1 of 2: MFTL+ Silver Chariot and all those who scale.

Hello VSBattlewiki...again...
Alright, so my first-ever thread based around JJBA didn't pass at all. In hindsight, giving GER infinite speed was jumping the gun just a tad bit for a beginning CRT... However, I'm far from one to give up on my promises, said promises being that I'd up and downscale most of the popular JJBA characters on this wiki. Without a singular doubt, I intend to do just that. However, with this next CRT I've decided to make. I've chosen to scale back a bit on upgrade leaps and focus on every anti-Jojo powerscaller's worst nightmare. Polnareff and his trusty stand, Silver Chariot. Said stand which I hope to get to MFTL+ with a quick calc, not crazily far into it, but about 2X times the minimum needed. Not you though Polnareff, you can just stay there with your baseline SOL reaction tiering... Anyway, let's begin!

First things first, however:
Let me just post links to every thread I referenced while making this post. Got most of my base arguments from Chariot190's own responses in these threads which, let me tell you, saved me a TON of time researching and such. I know he'll most definitely see this CRT sooner rather than later, so, thanks in advance man. Also, please read through each thread to get a basic idea of what I'm talking about. If you don't feel like doing all that...just read each of Chariot190's responses, M3X_2.0's own large post at the top of the first link, and kinda skim through the rest I suppose?

Now, we can start, but not before I mention one last thing!

I, am not, bringing up Silver Chariot's actual sword swing itself in this CRT at all! I shall only be talking about its movements up to that point and how said movements affected Hanged Man's own, or lack thereof in this case. While Death Battle did calculate the feat out to over 1500 c, well above the barrier to MFTL+, when talking about Chariot's swing. From what I see, that calc wasn't accepted for some reason, but given Death Battle's own spotty history with calcs... I can see why it may have been thrown out and unused. Going through one of the threads made by a user named M3X_2.0 with help from Chariot190, I noticed that a calced out version on this wiki apparently came out to 225 c. That seemed a little low to me, especially when a handful of other sources calced the slicing feat out far higher. Values have been thrown around like
560 c to even 860 c on this very same wiki, so I don't really know at this point. Anyway, with that out of the way, let's actually get into what I feel bumps Silver Chariot up a tier, Jotaro and DIO obviously jumping to the same tier up off him.
Alright, so I watched a short clip of Polnareff vs Hanged Man over and over again a week ago or so. Yet, I simply found something odd about Hanged Man's stillness as soon as Silver Chariot was summoned in the middle of him and the gold coin, as directed by Polnareff himself obviously given Chariot's weakness in the form of total blindness. Chariot190 explains this in far more detail when he responded to other people in the threads listed above, so I won't do it here. Anyway, I decided to run the video through watchframebyframe.com, and I've found that Hanged Man's movements grinded to a direct halt as soon as Silver Chariot fully appeared infront of him mid-movement. Yes, while moving to another reflection as an actual light beam, Silver Chariot manages to move infront of him while Hanged Man appears almost...frozen in time. This timeframe ranges from about 03:19:45 / 04:37:54 to 03:19:85 / 04:37:54 using the aforementioned site, in which Hanged Man doesn't move in the slightest. Keep in mind, as I said, Hanged Man is a beam of LIGHT, completely stopped infront of Chariot. This also goes for the clouds in the background as well as the coin itself that Hanged Man was trying to get to. In fact, the only point in which Hanged Man does begin to ever-so lightly move again is AFTER Silver Chariot slices downwards. Fairly impressive, but what does this mean for any calc's? Well...

The Calc itself:
As detailed out on the common calc page on this wiki, seeing light as standing still is considered 2309.09c or Massively FTL+
  • Speed to View Light as Standing Still = (299792458 / 0.00275) * 6.35 = 692248039381.81 m/s; 2309.09c (Massively FTL+)
Now, someone who's skeptical of this inference might ask. Well, how do we know Hanged Man was standing completely still? Couldn't Hanged Man just have been slowed down to a very slow, but still moving halt instead of a full-on stop?
Well. to preemptively stop this question from being raised in the comments. I'll humor this, even if it is clearly seen that Hanged Man doesn't move a single micrometer while Silver Chariot is fully formed infront of the light-based stand.

Let's divide 2309.09/100, right? Then let's take 23.0909 and times it by whatever value you want. If you want to say Silver Chariot slowed Hanged Man's movements down 95%, then use 95. 23.0909 x 95 = 2193.6355 or 2193.63 c. Barely knocking off much, and still 2X into MFTL+. Hell, this even STILL rings true if you even want to say something outlandish as Silver Chariot only slowed down Hanged Man's movements via sheer speed by 45%. Doing the math nets you 1039.0905 or 1039.09 c, barely into MFTL+ territory but yes, still there. So, as I hope you can see, using Hanged Man's lack of movement. I can conformably get Silver Chariot to MFTL+ using a low ball of, at least, 95%. Mid ball, in my mind, would be about 99%. Finally, for a high ball, let's just say 99.9%. I personally don't think you could go any lower in percentages from 95%, but that's just my view. In any case, let's now go over those who obviously scale.

Jotaro
What we know: Anubis, as a stand, amps up it's users own strength and, most importantly, speed with every slash by an unknown multiplier. It also reacts and remembers an opponent's previously used technique, as it did with Silver Chariot shooting it's sword by getting fast enough to block it at point-blank range. After this, Jotaro finally gets done with watching as Polnareff clearly gets overwhelmed by an enemy stand user, summoning Star Platinum to ORA Khan mid-slash with relative ease. Khan goes out the window with SP pretty handily catching Anubis with both hands afterwards, proceeding to snap the sword in half. Anubis ends up possessing Polnareff after some plot-based shenanigans though, and with one hand held behind his back, begins to somewhat overwhelm Jotaro. HOWEVER, during this small scuffle, Jotaro IS stated to be heavily holding back while playing all defense against Polnareff's slashes, that's still his friend holding that sword after all, possessed or not. Jotaro finds himself in a little more trouble however when Polnareff has Silver Chariot dual-wield with Anubis. With two swords thrown into the equation, and Silver Chariot mentally unburdened by Polnareff's own mind. Jotaro himself notes that he can't hold back against Polnareff now or he'll die for sure. The funny thing is, and this is what grants Jotaro that MFTL+ rating... When Anubis is held by something, it amplifies that things speed by an unknown multiplier. Now, given Polnareff mentally isn't at the wheel anymore as he's being possessed, and Silver Chariot's physically holding Anubis at this point. Guess what that means? Star Platinum is literally reacting to and successfully countering a MFTL+ stand that's getting faster and faster with each slash, with major difficulty as the fight nears it's end admittedly, but he's still doing it. The two swords thing doesn't help Star Platinum in the slightest, but I'm sure Star Platinum's exceptional precision aided here and there with that. Anyway, he's stated multiple times over to be the fastest stand in early Part 4, pre-Part 5 for a reason, but I'm sure Chariot190 can grab scans for any doubters in the comments along with some statements...

Finally, DIO...

Simply the fact that The World has stalemated Star Platinum itself MULTIPLE TIMES OVER is enough for The World to scale to that MFTL+ rating, even standing slightly above Star Platinum by DIO's own words. While completely on par in terms of strength, nobody's questioning that, The World IS shown to be slightly faster than SP. Ever-so minorly, but the difference is visibly there.

Closing this out, and all I have to say is...

"You get an "At least MFTL+ rating", and you get a "At least MFTL+ rating", and you get a "At least MFTL+ rating", everybody gets a "At least MFTL+ rating"!

Well, not everybody...but you get my point

In hindsight, giving GER infinite speed was jumping the gun just a tad bit for a beginning CRT.
Ironic as this thread is also you jumping the gun.

Let me walk you through it rq
You put the calculation in a blog.
Then you make a calc thread explaining why your version of the calc is better than the one currently being used.
Then you create a CRT regarding who scales to the calc

Ironic as this thread is also you jumping the gun.

Let me walk you through it rq
You put the calculation in a blog.
Then you make a calc thread explaining why your version of the calc is better than the one currently being used.
Then you create a CRT regarding who scales to the calc
Um, I was just referencing the slicing calc and simply comparing it to other calcs here and off-site...specifically talking about Silver Chariot's slash. This CRT revolves around Silver Chariot's movements and Hanged Man's lack of movement in comparison to a fully-appeared Chariot, not that slicing calc.

Um, I was just referencing the slicing calc and simply comparing it to other calcs here and off-site...specifically talking about Silver Chariot's slash. This CRT revolves around Silver Chariot's movements and Hanged Man's lack of movement in comparison to a fully-appeared Chariot, not that slicing calc.
I really don't care about that 225c calc at all, was only referencing it.

Okay.
You'll have one less step to do.

Put it in a blog.
Get it accepted
Then make a CRT

Okay.
You'll have one less step to do.

Put it in a blog.
Get it accepted
Then make a CRT
Actually, I'm not looking for a specific, exact calc value to be put on Polnareff, Jotaro, and DIO's profiles in terms of speed... Just using the base calc of seeing light as frozen that's on the common calc page, then modifying it from there to show that no matter how much someone may argue that Silver Chariot didn't exactly slow down Hanged Man's movements 100%, as we have no way of knowing... We DO KNOW that Silver Chariot slowed down Hanged Man's movements heavily, to the point it appeared as if Hanged Man was stopped in place. We also know, from multiple examples, that Hanged Man travels EXTREMLY fast between reflective surfaces when not stopped, SOL of course. Comparing that visually to when Silver Chariot moved infront of him, again, basically stopped in place. Silver Chariot must've indirectly slowed down Hanged Man's movements AT LEAST by 50%, even if it's obviously far higher. That 50 percent, when plugged into my simplified equation, gets us 1154.54c, still above the necessary 1000c to breach MFTL+. That why I said, "At Least MFTL+"

I'm not trying to claim that Silver Chariot slowed down Hanged Man by 100%, that's impossible to prove, nor am I looking for a solid calc to be applied which would take more work on my part. All I'm using is what's visually shown in the anime, comparing it to other instances within the same arc, and coming to a flexible conclusion that bumps a few characters up one notch on the speed scale.

Actually, I'm not looking for a specific, exact calc value to be put on Polnareff, Jotaro, and DIO's profiles in terms of speed... Just using the base calc of seeing light as frozen that's on the common calc page, then modifying it from there to show that no matter how much someone may argue that Silver Chariot didn't exactly slow down Hanged Man's movements 100%, as we have no way of knowing... We DO KNOW that Silver Chariot slowed down Hanged Man's movements heavily, to the point it appeared as if Hanged Man was stopped in place
That's..... still a calc

And it's not as if it's 1:1 with the common feats calc in the first place.

It didn't even grind to a halt, it slowed down, but it cuts immediately to Chariot slashing. We can not really assume it's actually frozen given it was mere frames it was on screen, that isn't enough time to tell if it was frozen, or just slowed down to where it was moving just a little at a time (not to mention it did move a few pixels even at the end, even if not much).
Just because he's frozen for like 2 frames doesn't mean he's perceptively frozen, he's just slowed down by such a degree.

The DB calc is actually bad. Most are, from numerous stand points, the meteor calc in particular is borderline lying.

Plat does scale and so does The World obviously, but, the issue lies in the value, not the scaling.

If you're talking movement, even at maximum, Chariot only has a 1m~ range at that point in the story, you want to calc the distance Hanged Man moved in the time Chariot moved 1m (at maximum). You're taking the end result AFTER he fully manifested already, and saying HM being that slow THEN applies to Chariot's movements moment before.
When it doesn't, when Chariot was moving into position, Hanged Man could be visibly seen moving simultaneously.
Eyeballing it, I'd say FTL+ in that instance, Hanged Man moved a few inches, Chariot moved like 100cm+.

The slow down cuts as said before, and we can't see how much Hanged Man moved in that timeframe because it's focused on Chariot, all we know is he failed to reach the coin in the time it took him to slash, which is obviously MFTL. Unless we go with the manga, in which it's only like 300c, still MFTL.

ALSO the anime calc is just a placeholder for the manga calc, it's actually at a slight angle most don't factor in, like obviously it's still MFTL but applying the angle is a pain so it was just half assed till we did it. A chunk of calcs need to tweaked or fleshed out, many won't change by much or effect anything, but like 10% up and down here and there is still relevant.

Which is to say your assumptions don't actually work here, the slowdown where he's almost frozen is only a few frames, and Chariot isn't doing anything in that instance to even calc, the other two times when we can compare gets like FTL+ and just MFTL, and the feat isn't even from Chariot's pov but the viewers so impossible to say if it's his perception or just a cool effect for tension too (it isn't because that mf is blind).
While completely on par in terms of strength, nobody's questioning that, The World IS shown to be slightly faster than SP. Ever-so minorly, but the difference is visibly there.
It's mentality dependent. Plat is inferior to The World in every way, even precision as mentioned in 3 different guides. But Stands can boost themselves based on mental strength and mentality, when Jotaro gets angry, he gets ******* angry, and Plat in such a state eclipses his base form.

It didn't even grind to a halt, it slowed down, but it cuts immediately to Chariot slashing.
03:19:45 / 04:37:54 to 03:19:85 / 04:37:54 or about 400 milliseconds while using watchframebyframe.com. While far from a whole frame, that's also far from instantly cutting away as you say. I consider instant framing, at least to me, to be 0.01 seconds or 10 milliseconds. Maybe you have a different definition, but that's mine. I also accounted for this fact with the variable percentages.
We can not really assume it's actually frozen given it was mere frames it was on screen, that isn't enough time to tell if it was frozen, or just slowed down to where it was moving just a little at a time (not to mention it did move a few pixels even at the end, even if not much).
Moving a few pixels upwards? Err, pulsating slightly in place maybe and even that's a big if...but that's honestly only due to how the David Productions physically animated the radiance around Hanged Man's beam.
Just because he's frozen for like 2 frames doesn't mean he's perceptively frozen, he's just slowed down by such a degree.
Ok, so...you agree that he's slowed down by a degree. Alright, we're getting somewhere...
The DB calc is actually bad. Most are, from numerous stand points, the meteor calc in particular is borderline lying.
Yeah, I thought so... DB always seems to mess up some part of their calculations, so I agree with you on that...
Plat does scale and so does The World obviously, but, the issue lies in the value, not the scaling.

If you're talking movement, even at maximum, Chariot only has a 1m~ range at that point in the story, you want to calc the distance Hanged Man moved in the time Chariot moved 1m (at maximum). You're taking the end result AFTER he fully manifested already, and saying HM being that slow THEN applies to Chariot's movements moment before.
When it doesn't, when Chariot was moving into position, Hanged Man could be visibly seen moving simultaneously.
Hold it, that's blatantly not true... Silver Chariot was physically spawned someways away from Hanged Man while he was traversing to the light beam, only then drifting upwards which is ever-so coincidentally when Hanged Man...stopped moving at about 03:19:45 / 04:37:54. Really, PLEASE don't mistake that flashy summoning for actual movement. I'd also implore you to look at the frame by frame of the link I put in my intial post so you can view the same timeframe I've viewed just so we're on the same page.
Eyeballing it, I'd say FTL+ in that instance, Hanged Man moved a few inches, Chariot moved like 100cm+.
Inches...? Well, you'd be right...if you were viewing the whole thing from 03:18:75 / 04:37:54 to 03:19:45 / 04:37:54... Except, as I've said, Silver Chariot was physically spawned someways away from Hanged Man while he was traversing to the light beam, only then drifting upwards which is ever-so coincidentally when Hanged Man...stopped moving at about 03:19:45 / 04:37:54. Really, PLEASE don't mistake that flashy summoning for actual movement of any kind...
The slow down cuts as said before, and we can't see how much Hanged Man moved in that timeframe because it's focused on Chariot
What...?
, all we know is he failed to reach the coin in the time it took him to slash, which is obviously MFTL. Unless we go with the manga, in which it's only like 300c, still MFTL.

ALSO the anime calc is just a placeholder for the manga calc, it's actually at a slight angle most don't factor in, like obviously it's still MFTL but applying the angle is a pain so it was just half assed till we did it. A chunk of calcs need to tweaked or fleshed out, many won't change by much or effect anything, but like 10% up and down here and there is still relevant.

Which is to say your assumptions don't actually work here, the slowdown where he's almost frozen is only a few frames, and Chariot isn't doing anything in that instance to even calc,
Your right, I'm mainly basing it off of Hanged Man's lack of movement...
the other two times when we can compare gets like FTL+ and just MFTL, and the feat isn't even from Chariot's pov but the viewers so impossible to say if it's his perception or just a cool effect for tension too (it isn't because that mf is blind).

It's mentality dependent. Plat is inferior to The World in every way, even precision as mentioned in 3 different guides. But Stands can boost themselves based on mental strength and mentality, when Jotaro gets angry, he gets ******* angry, and Plat in such a state eclipses his base form.
Y'know, I was gonna mention that...but I wrote this at like...3AM, so...

03:19:45 / 04:37:54 to 03:19:85 / 04:37:54 or about 400 milliseconds while using watchframebyframe.com. While far from a whole frame, that's also far from instantly cutting away as you say. I consider instant framing, at least to me, to be 0.01 seconds or 10 milliseconds. Maybe you have a different definition, but that's mine. I also accounted for this fact with the variable percentages.

Moving a few pixels upwards? Err, pulsating slightly in place maybe and even that's a big if...but that's honestly only due to how the David Productions physically animated the radiance around Hanged Man's beam.

Ok, so...you agree that he's slowed down by a degree. Alright, we're getting somewhere...

Yeah, I thought so... DB always seems to mess up some part of their calculations, so I agree with you on that...

Hold it, that's blatantly not true... Silver Chariot was physically spawned someways away from Hanged Man while he was traversing to the light beam, only then drifting upwards which is ever-so coincidentally when Hanged Man...stopped moving at about 03:19:45 / 04:37:54. Really, PLEASE don't mistake that flashy summoning for actual movement. I'd also implore you to look at the frame by frame of the link I put in my intial post so you can view the same timeframe I've viewed just so we're on the same page.

Inches...? Well, you'd be right...if you were viewing the whole thing from 03:18:75 / 04:37:54 to 03:19:45 / 04:37:54... Except, as I've said, Silver Chariot was physically spawned someways away from Hanged Man while he was traversing to the light beam, only then drifting upwards which is ever-so coincidentally when Hanged Man...stopped moving at about 03:19:45 / 04:37:54. Really, PLEASE don't mistake that flashy summoning for actual movement of any kind...

What...?

Your right, I'm mainly basing it off of Hanged Man's lack of movement...

Y'know, I was gonna mention that...but I wrote this at like...3AM, so...
Nevermind, I'm stupid. When playing the video at 60 fps, 0.40 seconds is around 24 whole frames. Just found that out, wow...

It didn't even grind to a halt, it slowed down, but it cuts immediately to Chariot slashing. We can not really assume it's actually frozen given it was mere frames it was on screen, that isn't enough time to tell if it was frozen, or just slowed down to where it was moving just a little at a time (not to mention it did move a few pixels even at the end, even if not much).
Far from just 2 frames, eh Chariot?

While far from a whole frame, that's also far from instantly cutting away as you say.
It's literally 3 frames, that's when actual movement halts and only for that long, before that movement is still there, it's just a process, you DID actually pixel scale to make sure it didn't move sooner right? You best not be eyeballing this brother....

And JoJo runs at 24fps, that video itself is inflated frame count.
I also accounted for this fact with the variable percentages.
Not how this works, you get the exact value, or none at all. There is no in-between.

No it isn't, if you take the frames, overlap them and mess with the opacity, while small, it very much continues moving forward. Only some pixels, but it does..this isn't up for debate nor is it whatever excuse you just made with "radiance".

I agree it slowed down, I vehemently disagree with your formula, it isn't even accurate.

You're aware that stands can't manifest like that right? They don't just teleport randomly within range, they must come out of the user, they also must go back manually, as seen many times such as Echoes being unable to return to Koichi to protect him from SHA in time.

Ironically though, that flashy summon IS movement, the anime at several points depicts Chariot coming out and moving a distance simultaneously like that multiple times to depict it's hight "blitz" like speed, such as against Vanilla Ice.

Why would I look at your frame by frame link when I have the Blu-ray discs that I can check? Which I did, JoJo is again, 24fps, like most anime actually.

But anyway I was talking in regards to the manga.

Inches...? Well, you'd be right...if you were viewing the whole thing from 03:18:75 / 04:37:54 to 03:19:45 / 04:37:54...
Of course, because that's when Chariot and Hanged Man's movement can be compared 🗿
Except, as I've said, Silver Chariot was physically spawned someways away from Hanged Man while he was traversing to the light beam, only then drifting upwards which is ever-so coincidentally when Hanged Man...stopped moving at about 03:19:45 / 04:37:54. Really, PLEASE don't mistake that flashy summoning for actual movement of any kind...
Literally not how stands work. Chariot, came from Pol, and ended up 1m away, how they depict that doesn't matter, movement was made.

If you want to ignore it, go ahead, but that just means you have absolutely nothing to gain from this thread as the only thing left to calc is the slash, which is just MFTL, not MFTL+.

3 frames, that's all where the beam doesn't actually move. It then cuts to chariot slashing down, hanged man isn't in view so we can't confirm if it's still frozen. It then cuts to hanged being cut open, having yet not reached the coin.

I'm mainly basing it off of Hanged Man's lack of movement...
Base it off a precise calc or statement instead, don't just assume.
Far from just 2 frames, eh Chariot?
3 frames. Wanking it to nearly triple the frame count and not bothering to actually check the exact pixels and only eyeballing it doesn't make this correct.

Also again, we're going with the manga whenever mf finishes the calc 🗿
Like the anime is fine for proof of concept in this case, but the actual movements depicted are a bit to different between mediums when said movements are the whole crux of the feat.

Also again, we're going with the manga whenever mf finishes the calc 🗿
Like the anime is fine for proof of concept in this case, but the actual movements depicted are a bit to different between mediums when said movements are the whole crux of the feat.
So, even if I pulled out a calc that found that Hanged Man slowed down from that point by more than 50%. It wouldn't be accepted anyway because, by your words...
we're going with the manga whenever mf finishes the calc
This makes anything I could say ******* useless because i'm using the anime and not the manga...right?

You need to start running these crts by dudes first so we can work out the fuckys instead of having to deal with it mid thread, you could probably actually get stuff accepted if you sort it out with the squad ahead of time.
This makes anything I could say ******* useless because i'm using the anime and not the manga...right?
Nah we use anime, but it has to be like more or less 1:1, or the anime has to, ironically, more accurate compared to the manga.
The latter mostly applies to scale and irl locations though, like part 3 Jotaro getting punched through a different building by the world, because thats the ACTUAL building that's in that location, or vulcano being 1:1 with irl in part 2 or all of part 5.

Featwise, the feat best be like 1:1, or require the anime to calc in the first place due to gaps of info the manga can not logically present.

Why am I even here...
Manga (first priority, use predominantly and whenever possible. if something contradicts it we ignore it)>wog and shit>supplements>anime>>>>>>like the few stray novels that fall under tertiary >>>>> (from this point on we completely ignore it) other novels and games and stuff.

We basically just do manga, and use anime and guides as supplemental or when required.

We do have other canon profiles like Jorge, EOH, OVA (in which two of these do hit MFTL+) etc but the manga doesn't use things from those.

The dudes who actively partake and work on JoJo.

Start off by running it through the discussion thread, should you prove yourself to be chill, you could even join the dms and actually see shit being worked on or discussed, but as it stands, start off with the discussion, that way we can sort out your other CRT's, point out potential issues before posting or alternative methods, and have it worked out so the CRT can get accepted without issue, assuming the other CRT's you have planned aren't fine as it is, idk maybe those ones good to go without aid.

Back