• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Introduction
Guess who's back, back again? Well, it's just me this time, but I'm returning once again to give all of you some more Hyperdimension Neptunia revisions. Lately, I've been feeling an itch to scratch in regards to VII, with it being some of the first revisions that I actively developed and participated in extensively. And having looked at some of the profiles for VII characters, I truly can't help but feel that there is simply something. . .missing from them.

So, of course, being the crazed lunatic for this series that I am, I decided to do a revisit of VII just on the off-chance that I might find something new. And boy, oh boy, did I find some new things. On top of that, I decided to throw in some other bits and pieces in here since I figured they can help make the verse a bit more. . .meaty, if you will.

Now, because this isn't focusing on a new main continuity entry (and therefore isn't an entirely new set of revisions for the series), this won't be nearly as long as some of the ones we have done in the past. There won't be any scaling changes, no tier changes, nothing verse-wide to THAT degree. This CRT will be new Powers and Abilities, rewritings of existing Powers and Abilities, a respect thread for Neptune, two new profiles (that I had already created a revision for but it died out due to me losing interest in the site for a while), and some other changes not listed in the OP.

I will be splitting the Powers and Abilities into two different categories: New and Rewritten. Should be pretty self-explanatory; new P&As are ones that did not exist on the profiles before or are for newly created profiles, and rewritten P&As are cleaned-up explanations for the ones that have existed on the profiles for a while.

So with that said, let's get to Nepping!

Powers and Abilities
Like I said before, these will be split into two different categories. All of these will have references as they already exist in the sandbox, so even though you cannot see them here, they will be there.

New Powers and Abilities
These powers are completely new as they do not exist on the profiles at the moment.
Rewritten Powers and Abilities
The information presented here will either replace what is currently written on the profiles in terms of the respective P&A, or will simply be added to what is already written for some extra context.
Neptune Respect Thread
A little while back, before I did my revisiting of VII, I decided to make a respect thread for Hyper Dimension Neptune. Why? Well, that's a good question that I can't answer besides being hugely biased for Neptune.

So here it is. Nothing particularly crazy, I just thought it would be nice, y'know? outside of my blatant preference for Neptune lol

Profiles
Of course, as per usual, with each new revision comes updates to the profiles. Now, keep in mind, not everything that I changed on the profiles is listed here. Things like Intelligence changes are not listed here, as I felt that they weren't exactly important enough to warrant a section in the CRT, since a large majority of the changes to the profiles arise from changes to the Powers and Abilities, whereas Intelligence is a comparatively minuscule part of the changes. Additionally, after having done it a few times prior, I find the bullet-point format for the P&A section to be quite visually appealing and pleasing on the eyes, therefore I changed a large majority of profiles' P&A to that. There are still a couple that didn't receive this change, but that's because I got lazy, and those couple of profiles are basically never getting proper revisions until the characters see the light of day again. . .somehow.

But with that all said, here are the profiles, new and updated.

New Profiles:

Updated Profiles/Pages:
Conclusion
That's about it from me! It was fun revisiting VII again; it's my favorite game of all time and it holds a special place in my cold-blooded heart for being the game that really skyrocketed my interest in the Neptunia series. Now, 3+ years later, the hyperfixation hasn't stopped, and with the announcement that a new mainline game is now in the development phase, my years of demanding greater substance from this series will finally be answered. But that's not important to this CRT, so I'll quit the monologue.

In regards to potential future CRTs, Sisters VS Sisters just recently got its Western Switch release, which made Maho and Anri playable characters, meaning that (if I manage to get my hands on it) SVS might get a small revisit to account for the new content. But that's only if I feel like doing it. Otherwise, Maho remains the same and Anri doesn't get a profile (sadly).

Discuss!

Staff votes will be bolded.

Last edited:
Ok, i agree with everything minus the invunerabilty negation.

Like, the Dark Godness having It seems pretty straitghfoward, but share energy having Invunerabilty negation is kinda iffy to me, because the way you described It seems like a weakness to the Dark Godness to Share energy, than the Share energy having a ability to negate invunerabilty of any type.

So like, i think It should be limited

because the way you described It seems like a weakness to the Dark Godness to Share energy, than the Share energy having a ability to negate invunerabilty of any type.
The issue with saying that it's just a weakness is that it's contradictory to how we have characters who don't use Share Energy which can fight against and battle the Dark Goddesses, but only after they've been contained in a Sharing Field.

Containing a Dark Goddess in a Sharing Field is basically stripping them of their invulnerability, so to say, as whenever one is trapped inside, we have characters like IF and Compa, Ultra Neptune, and the Gold Third all being able to deal blows to them and damage them. Otherwise, those seven would pretty much be dead weight narratively speaking.

Of course, this is just my interpretation, so take it as you will, but I don't think saying that it's just a weakness really works here considering that almost half of the cast doesn't possess Share Energy, yet still can damage the Dark Goddesses when the Sharing Field is activated.

Last edited:
Noice noice

When you say you're okay with the "Possibly" abilities, would you rather them be full-on or have the Possibly still attached to them?

While I personally don't see a issue with it being full on, Possibly would be the safer of the two, but I'm in support of it either way.

Oh, it's just a play on the title of VII's second arc

And because we've already revisited VII a few times before, this is just yet another revisit lol

If I didn't comment on it just assume I agree with it
New Powers and Abilities
These powers are completely new as they do not exist on the profiles at the moment.
To me this doesn't qualify as information analysis.
Information Analysis, or Scanning, is the ability to gain information on a character or object by analyzing them. A basic analysis can grant only rudimentary data on the target, such as their level of strength, speed, durability, or intelligence, while more powerful analyses can grant extensive information on the target's abilities and even personal history. This ability often overlaps with Power Mimicry, allowing a character to copy another after analyzing them.
None of the listed qualifiers for Information Analysis are meet here and the examples given in the page itself feature the user getting complete understanding or a notable amount of data on the target.

This is probably more intelligence than anything.
I get where you're coming from here, but to me the note is still correct and what is given does not meet the definition for Invulnerability
This is distinct from simply particularly high durability, which may make a character seem invulnerable to weaker opponents. Only characters whose invulnerability is clearly more than simply being exceptionally durable for the verse's setting qualify.
Simply being weak to an energy does not mean the character is only weak to that energy. This would just imply that they're vastly more durable than the main cast's AP.
This would be light manipulation since creation requires matter to be created
The user can create organic or inorganic matter from nothing either as finished objects or simply unfinished elements.
I would probably classify this as just mind manipulation
Madness Manipulation is the ability to affect the sanity of other beings, usually in a manner that causes them to become insane. While often associated with Mind Manipulation, the methods used to achieve this effect tend to vary from character to character, with a number of these means overlapping with other, separate abilities instead.
Madness Manipulation is directly tied to one's sanity. Simply being arrogant and making rash decisions wouldn't be insane in my view.

I feel this is just their Extrasensory Perception rather than Enhanced Awareness but I won't fight it to hard I guess
I feel this probably should be "Duplication" or "Creation and Duplication" since their clones of a specific person rather than new things
Since the cape itself can be destroyed, this may be a better fit for Damage Reduction rather than strict invulnerability
Probably more like astral projection then

I'm fine with the power rewrites and I don't see any glaring issues with the profile rewrites.

To me this doesn't qualify as information analysis.
Fair enough
I get where you're coming from here, but to me the note is still correct and what is given does not meet the definition for Invulnerability
Edge cases like this are really hard for me lol

However, I still personally hold onto the interpretation from the scene explaining the Dark Goddess' weakness to Share Energy, in that, Uzume had attempted attacking the Dark Goddess regularly at first to no avail, and eventually using Share Energy to some effect even if it was a very minimal effect, as they likely would not have found out that Share Energy on a single point doesn't work due to its size otherwise

There's a way that I'm visioning this in my head, akin to trying to take down some sort of invisible barrier, so to say; trying to break it with any regular methods doesn't work, as it has no effect. However, this special type of attack can work, but it doesn't have much effect because the barrier needs to be affected everywhere in order to be destroyed, so this attack is expanded upon so it has an area of effect that is able to hit the barrier everywhere and thus destroy it.

But I'll leave it down to interpretation; it's really difficult when there aren't explicit enough statements
This would be light manipulation since creation requires matter to be created
Sure
I would probably classify this as just mind manipulation
Sure
I feel this is just their Extrasensory Perception rather than Enhanced Awareness but I won't fight it to hard I guess
Do we consider presence / gaze sensing to be ESP rather than Enhanced Senses? I always assumed it was the latter just from reading the description but if not then ESP works
I feel this probably should be "Duplication" or "Creation and Duplication" since their clones of a specific person rather than new things
Fair enough, I figured since she seemingly created them out of nothing material then it'd just be flat out creation
Since the cape itself can be destroyed, this may be a better fit for Damage Reduction rather than strict invulnerability
I should clarify, the cape itself can only be destroyed through the use of elemental attacks. I probably should have shown that off somehow, but either way, Affimojas' cape can't be harmed physically, and can only be damaged through elemental attacks.
Probably more like astral projection then
Sure
I'm fine with the power rewrites and I don't see any glaring issues with the profile rewrites
Appreciated!

Bump; hopefully we can clear up the situation with Affimojas, as he's the only one left that's really in contention (I've removed Invulnerability [Negation] from the respective sandboxes)

Alright well, seems like most things here have been accepted aside from the Invulnerability-related stuff

I'm willing to concede on the Dark Goddess' and Share Energy, but I still hold my beliefs on Affimojas
Yeah the cape thing is fine if the wording is changed. I just thought it was weird as presented.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back