• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

White Haired Natsu vs. Pink Haired Asta (10-10-1)

Not all at once

Ladros was perfectly fine while having Asta's second sword shoved into his gut, and even managed enough mana to pull it out.

Likewise the Wizard King also was fine trying to pick up his sword in spite of it's obvious draining

Yeah, I remember Julius holding the sword and being able to note that it was draining his magic, but not showing any physical discomfort from it.

Epsilon R said:
What has Natsu now to defeat Asta ?
Magic? Anti-magic

Fire magic? Same

Back flames? Still not

Ap and Dura? If Anti-Magic does weaken Natsu the gap is getting shorter
You should look at the image gallery on Natsu's profile. There are a ton of "magic" attack Asta won't be able to reduce the power of: all the propulsion attack where he gain speed from afar and hit you like a bullet train. Since Asta anti-magic field hasn't demonstrated being town size. Even worse, if Asta anti-mag field is like 1 or 2 meters of radius, it means Natsu can even using propulsion magic at very close distance. Also, fireball can also still be used against Asta to distract and obstruct him.

But more importantly, can you show an example of Asta using anti-magic field in a combat setting? In the scan showed earlier, the field was not used as a fighting move. I want to see the context of this move in real fighting: how does he use anti-magic field to its advantage in battle? does he use it well? in a mediocre way? or perhaps he hasn't yet used it as a move to gain battle advantage?

I don't think we should just assume the anti-magic field to be an omni-directional passive shield without clear if he never used it in combat setting yet. (because we all know how shounen works: the next time the move appears again, it's not gonna be an omni-directional passive shield negating all magic)

But let's assume Natsu can't use magic at all. You just admitted the AP and dura gap is only getting shorter. How does Asta make up for the rest of the gap?

Asta nullified a fog that was covering a city so he can desdestroy that attack without the anti magic field

DMUA said:
Not all at once

Ladros was perfectly fine while having Asta's second sword shoved into his gut, and even managed enough mana to pull it out.

Likewise the Wizard King also was fine trying to pick up his sword in spite of it's obvious draining
No Ladros wasn't fine, he had to use nearly all his remaining mana to took off the sword and had to trigger fana to absorb her magic.

As for the wizard King. He stopped at the moment he noticed that it was draining his mana, that wasn't like he casually lifted it

Not really. Lifting it was trouble, but that was the weight, not the mana drain part. He was surprised that it was draining his mana, but then he was like "I see.". There wasn't anything about "He was draining my mana and I feel my body getting weaker." or anything like that.
Novachrono
Julius2

What I said is that WK gives the sword back at the moment he noticed that it was draining his mana. So is magic wasn't drained that much.

Also this is the Wizard King. The strongest mage in the Kingdom with an oversized Grimoire. If anything, his mana should be incredibly high

So if Strength = Mana and it takes time for the sword to drain even when someone is holding onto it directly, then wouldn't that mean cuts drain way less?

My main point is that Natsu can just punch Asta once or twice and end the fight. With his physical fist. His fist that is not related to his magic and will not be weakened by having his magic drained.

And for the record, if running out of magic makes you physically weaker in Fairy Tail, a CRT would be need to made for that logic to be used as that is a major weakness that would apply to most of the verse if it was true.

Epsilon R said:
Asta nullified a fog that was covering a city so he can desdestroy that attack without the anti magic field
Can you explain your reasoning? I mean the attack I mentioned was "punching with kinetic energy gained from fire propulsion". I fail to see the relation with the fog thing.

It still drians, astas big blade the demon slayer sword was shown to repel multiple of fanas attacks, and same with magnas as well as negate it. The only way asta hasn't been able to negate a certain type of magic is if it or its user is faster than him and he won't be able to react.

Or get taken off guard like when he got one shot by that trap.

Just to clarify, Natsu via not getting physically weakened by the anti magic field and two shtting Asta when he comes closer cuz staying up in the air to wait to drain his opponent is ooc af afaik. Natsu also takes dozens to hundreds of hits from comparable opponents and keeps going with little impact on his fighting ability. Asta can't put him down before Natsu lands a few hits.

Back