• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Most of this fight boils down to Ming. He's the key component here. So the whole issue is for Zero and Akim to be able to deal with Mori before he goes down.

@Zaratthustra
Not really, he can phase behind him and hit. Honestly this guy beat a similar dude without even using intangibility (being grazed by his hands = dead). So it's not that hard.

It is, he would expect Ming's attack to phase through him but it would hit the soul.

Just saying, Akim's exposed body is very vulnerable to acupuncture and pain incap.

Mori adapts Martial Arts techniques in response to his opponent's attacks. If the opponent uses fire, he will respond with ice kick. If the opponent uses ice, he uses Ssam-su Taekkyeon.
How hot or cold can he handle?
I've mentioned before, Bo-Bup. It is a temporary speed amp that allows Mori to "teleport" in any direction he chooses. The range can go up to dozens of meters so flying opponents aren't safe.
Zero-One's speed amp has 6 stages get faster each time.

It is, he would expect Ming's attack to phase through him but it would hit the soul.
First of all that's not lethal so he still has other chances. Once he knows, good luck landing a 2nd hit.

Second of all, Mirio isn't gonna just say "lel come hit me". As he did in the fight when trying to save Eri or against class 1a, he warps behind and tries to hit them from behind, or just straight up use phantom menace.

I'd argue he could probably resist the heat of the Sun's corona since he physically doesn't change between his current key and later key, but I'll just leave that out for now.

All you need to know is that Mori won't really be impeded by either since his attacks can cancel out the effects of those elements.

I'm going to go and sleep now. Hopefully this is still up when I wake.

Ming can use Spring Thunder on the Lonely Eas Sea to compress air and explode it outward to disrupt the incoming foe and attack it giving a chance for his teammates to attack. Plus Tempest of the Nine Dragons is a palm strike that contains 9 different types of force, making a very good attack versus those that come close. Sunshine Refining Yang Soul in the Sky is even better as the thunderclap of the attack will hit the soul, making them stagger or shake the foes, giving again time to attack them for him + teammates.

Don't forge the biomas, electricity is very good on water while on ice is less conductive but still works.

All Aruto needs to do is use the Freezing Bear key with any of his weapons to use their effects. He can also use things such as the Biting Shark key to attack at multiple angles but still at a distance.

Good luck to Aruto if he believes Mori will let up to let him pull out a Progrise Key.

i mean, all he needs to do is insert then in the weapons. And then you have to take in account TP and predictions.

@Zaratthustra
Those are good and all, but neither of those will affect Mirio in any significant way (besides the last one but even that won't work as he can still phase through the ground). And Mirio popping in and out of the battle field to punch people one after another is his biggest issue.

Ming can use Spring Thunder on the Lonely Eas Sea to compress air and explode it outward to disrupt the incoming foe and attack it giving a chance for his teammates to attack. Plus Tempest of the Nine Dragons is a palm strike that contains 9 different types of force, making a very good attack versus those that come close. Sunshine Refining Yang Soul in the Sky is even better as the thunderclap of the attack will hit the soul, making them stagger or shake the foes, giving again time to attack them for him + teammates.

Don't forge the biomas, electricity is very good on water while on ice is less conductive but still works.
Speaking of the arena, Zero-One's shark summon excels here being able to be intangible in water.
Good luck to Aruto if he believes Mori will let up to let him pull out a Progrise Key.
Shine Crystals will stall for him.

@Zaratthustra
Those are good and all, but neither of those will affect Mirio in any significant way (besides the last one but even that won't work as he can still phase through the ground). And Mirio popping in and out of the battle field to punch people one after another is his biggest issue.
If Aruto summons Shark, Shark will be able to do what Mirio can do but only in water.

Mirio's best trait is to be able to keep all of them busy at the same time though. That's his best teamwork strategy. Zero One ain't gonna just be distracted he'll get pretty punched up considering he likes hand to hand combat, he will be pretty beaten, if still standing that is, by the time he realizes that he can't deal with Mirio.
He really won’t, Mirio good but he doesn’t deal with an A.I. that can practically predicts hundred of thousands of combat scenarios per tick with ease. And Zero-One himself prioritize dodge and counterattack. While Mirio can goes through Zero-One hit it is very unlikely that Mirio will land more than a few hits in on Zero-One.

It's staggering them cause the soul is affected, if you stagger and hit a thing enough time, it breaks. That's how the soul destruction comes in.

Just as a head's up and so Yang isn't brought up as often - I'm deciding to be more lenient and allow Mirio, Zarat's Pick, and Mori to stay in the bracket.

I'm still super-unsure about Zero-One being in the bracket even after that decision, though.

Just as a head's up and so Yang isn't brought up as often - I'm deciding to be more lenient and allow Mirio, Zarat's Pick, and Mori to stay in the bracket.

I'm still super-unsure about Zero-One being in the bracket even after that decision, though.
So if Zero-One is booted, then does Nice's backup come in?

So if Zero-One is booted, then does Nice's backup come in?
Originally the plan was for it to be reduced to a 2v3 with Nice out unless his team progressed to the next round, however since a large part of the mess here is more to do with my organization of the bracket and not any ill will on the part of Nice, I'll make an exception and allow Zero One to be swapped with Horobi (assuming Horobi doesn't cause the exact same problems Zero One does. If he does I'm sort of forced to leave this as a 2v3).

Are they AoEs, Mings attacks?
Spring Thunder on the Lonely Eas Sea the air compression attack (aoe) and Sunshine Refining Yang Soul in the Sky is a fist attack that produces the sound which is aoe but it's 20-30 meters.

He really won’t, Mirio good but he doesn’t deal with an A.I. that can practically predicts hundred of thousands of combat scenarios per tick with ease. And Zero-One himself prioritize dodge and counterattack. While Mirio can goes through Zero-One hit it is very unlikely that Mirio will land more than a few hits in on Zero-One.
He doesn't need any more though...by that point he'll be KO'd. This guy can incapacitate people that are above Zero with 1 hit. You think he needs more than a few to end Zero?

Ming also seems to have attacks that would, not only attack the soul, but leave their opponents staggered.
Yeah but it doesn't help against Ming's biggest threat here, Mirio.

If Aruto summons Shark, Shark will be able to do what Mirio can do but only in water.
Kinda useless tbh. Since no one will really jump into the water to try and attack the shark. Most of the fight will happen on solid ground or ice.

He doesn't need any more though...by that point he'll be KO'd. This guy can incapacitate people that are above Zero with 1 hit. You think he needs more than a few to end Zero?
And people sway above his weight class try to knock him out and the man refused to stay down so yes.

But since Zero-One will most likely get booted this really doesn’t apply anymore.

If Mirio wants to take out Aruto, he'll just have to hit him once, that I agree with. But the problem is hitting him. Aruto will always be steps ahead of Mirio. Constantly recording, adapting, tracking and countering his fighting style. instinctive TP alone would make it harm for him to land a hit, then you add the fact Aruto's AI is leagues ahead of Mirio's APrediction.

Ming's attacks won't just be a threat to Mirio but also Mori as well. They can reach 20-30 meters while others compress the air around them. That'll definitely help against Mori

Okay so, since Aruto's swapped with Horobi, would he even be able to get knocked out? He's a robot
I mean he's just as vulnerable to damage. It won't be a single hit, but he'll still go down, maybe in 3 or so hits i guess. Doesn't him being a robot make him a very bad pick for a water stage though? And the Ming's thunder claps?

Horobi's AI is essentially the same level as Aruto's maybe weaker. He also has stealth mastery which would be useful when you count in the fact that his stingers can disintegrate people. I don't really think fighting in water would effect Horobi much, weaker Humagears are able to fight in water.

Yep, Horobi doesn't have TP but he has faced Zero-One before so he should know how to deal with it. Horobi's Acid Anaylze (Stinger) breaks down substances at a molecular level.

Edit: i sleep.

Last edited:
Oh this is gonna be fun. The game plan for Horobi is way different compare to Zero-One

His AP is around Jin so he downscale from Zero-One SAH by a bit so 4~5 tonner

Ok, this change a lot of thing. While Horobi do CQC often he usually just open with danmaku (1:00) that also home in on his target.

Jin can possibly dodge(?) or maybe used some of his martial arts to dispersed the blast and Mirio just phase out and pony...well, she can shield herself or try to TP out but the explosion will most likely caught her anyway. So she will be injured by the first volleys.

His Stealth is also ridiculous being able to easily sneak up on the aforementioned Zero-One and Kamen Rider Thouser with ease. So he can definitely sneak up on people with just using explosion blast as a way to mask his approach.

Now this can goes one or two way. Either he sit in the back and continued to just spam Danmaku or he can using the first volley to mask his approach and assassinated someone.

That is actually pretty good ngl. He seems like a good team worker if it weren't for the fact that their opponent is Mirio tbh. Since Mirio analyzes the whole situation and will take care of multiple people at once if need be. The fact that he downscales from 5 tons also is pretty significant cus it means Mirio can easily damage him.

Back