• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Vytal Festival Bracket. (High 8-C User Team Brackets)

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
latest

Introduction

You've been invited to participate in a tournament of heroes and villains, champions and scoundrels, warriors who hail from across the omniverse. The Vytal Festival is now open not only to the Huntsmen and Huntresses in training of Remnant, but to any who answer the call for glory from beyond the realms.

Strategize with other users to get your team on the podium! In this bracket, tactical use of your characters, careful picks, and teamwork will all greatly increase your chances, as opposed to submitting a character and hoping for the best.

It's been a while, huh? The last bracket I did was (checks) over a year ago at this point, and what way to celebrate the completion of the Forum Move and so many CRTs than pitting the re-defined character up against each other. There'll be a number of twists in this bracket, however, to differentiate it from the largescale trend of amateur brackets I saw pop after I started the trend.

Submission Rules

Instead of an entire tier to select characters from, your character must now have a fair matchup vs the "tiersetter", or a specific character who sets the bar for the other bracket entries to meet. A "fair matchup" will be defined as a match that can be added under the respective profiles of the characters following our VS Thread rules as a win, loss, or inconclusive* for either side. This match will equalize speed set distance at 20m, but otherwise the battle conditions are SBA. This does mean you can pick characters from outside the tiersetter's VSBW tier. Otherwise, I do not care about what powers/abilities your character has as long as the matchup itself is fair under the aforementioned conditions. (EDIT): Yeah ok, learned my lesson. Your character should at least be within Yang's AP range (isn't oneshot by her and doesn't oneshot her).

* Inconclusive meaning a tied vote for an otherwise fair match, not a Thunder McQueen match. I'll have final say over what kind of incon match characters are allowed.

The tiersetter for this bracket will be Yang Xiao Long (Volume 4/5).
Yang has an AP value of
4.34 Tons, or High 8-C.
Her semblance makes her stronger based on hits from her opponent, See her profile for more details.

Yes, this means one entry per person, alongside one backup entry should your character be deemed inappropriate for the bracket due to having a stomp matchup against the tiersetter. There will be a total of 24 user slots for the bracket, or 48 character slots total including backup entries. A backup is optional but recommended, and if your main entry is dropped out it will be replaced with your backup for the next round.

For main submissions, a maximum of 2 characters per verse for the entire bracket is allowed. Backup submissions do not need to follow this rule, though.

Additionally, since RWBY characters will be easy and obvious choices as bracket entries, and we'll already be getting a ton of RWBY debating due to the tiersetter and theme being RWBY, characters from RWBY are banned from the bracket. Additionally, if RWBY tiers are changed mid-bracket, we will default to Yang's profile as of 11/6/2020 for the bracket regardless.

The Battle

This bracket will be extremely different from previous brackets I've done in the past. Barring the finals match, matches aren't planned to be added onto profiles. This is because users who enter the bracket will be set into randomly generated "teams" of three (meaning there is 8 teams total), which will remain as such until the team is knocked out or they win the bracket. This means a user dropping or being kicked out of the bracket will knock their team out as well (depending on when this happens, read further), so make sure to choose your characters wisely!

Each round will have a different number of fighters from your team participating. In our first round, it's your full team against your enemy's full team, 3v3. During the semifinals, it'll be two characters from each team - your teammates and you must decide beforehand who to send in for the next round and PM your decision to me (failure to send in a choice within a given amount of time randomizes selections). In the final round, it's one vs. one, mono e. mono. This match will be added to the respective profiles, and like before your team must PM me your choice and who to send in for this last bout.
  • In all matches, speed will be equalized regardless of if the entries have comparable speeds.
  • All entries are fully in-character but motivated to kill their opponents for whatever reasons. They are also motivated to work alongside their teammates despite incompatible personalities, although this doesn't make them any more competent than they usually are. Unlike the Vytal Festival, killing or permamently incapacitating your opponents are necessary to progress - we're doing this Rated R.
  • Your characters hear their teammates' speech translated into their most common language, perfectly.
  • In team battles, all entrants are given prior knowledge on the capabilities of their teammates. This extends to anything defined under "Powers and Stats" on their teammate's profiles. Otherwise no preparation.
  • The setting for this battle is the Amity ColiseumArena. The Arena's set of biomes will be unique and randomized for each battle. Like in the Vytal Tournament, the arena will contain 2 biomes in the first round, 4 biomes in the second, and no biomes in the final round. This does not mean being knocked out of the Arena counts as a loss, however, and fighters can leave the arena if they think it advantageous. Beyond the competitors, the arena is otherwise empty of characters. Teammates will be spaced 1 meter apart from each other while opposing teams start 20 meters away from one another. The biomes your entries might find themselves in are:
    • Ice
    • Lava
    • Forest
    • Mountain
    • Desert
    • Ocean
    • Urban
    • Geyser
    • Savanna
    • Forest
    • Anti-Gravity
How to Win

Teams can be knocked out of the bracket in three ways:
  • They are defeated by an opposing team in a matchup. The matchup will take place on a separate thread, and a victory is achieved when one side holds a 7-vote advantage over the other for a 24-hour period. Users on each respective team may vote for their own team but must argue why their team wins, obviously.
  • Both a user's main entry and backup entry are challenged on the main bracket thread as having a stomp/be-stomped matchup vs. the tiersetter. This will result in the remainder of the team being unable to continue, so choose your entries very carefully. Notably, if a character is challenged mid-fight and is deemed unfit for the bracket, they are not replaced in that fight with the backup. The fight continues as a 2v3, and if the team of two still wins then the backup is swapped in.
  • Both a user's main entry and backup go through a CRT that makes them no longer applicable for the bracket. As such, please do not pick characters who do not have well-defined profiles, and do not pick characters with planned major CRTs. If the tiersetter goes through a CRT, we will use the profile as of the bracket starting so the bracket doesn't prematurely end.
    • The above two cases, however, are only for Round 1. As long as there is enough users left in your team to provide characters for the 2v2 and 1v1 matches your team can still progress, however obviously without the missing character.
Current Competitors
User
Characters
Edwardtruong2006Scorpion (Main), Kirito (Backup)
MoritzvaCrystal (Main), Rebel (Backup)
Sir_OvensMori Jin (Main), Wolf (Backup)
WeeklyBattles/SamanPatouRabbit (Main, Weekly), Marco (Backup, Saman)
NewendigoIron Man (MCU) (Main), Shinjiro Hayata (Backup)
XSOULOFCINDERXMgalekgolo (Main), The Hunter (Backup)
WokistanLegend (Main), Vin Venture (Backup)
Starter_PackOleander (Main), Freddy Fazbear (Backup)
ThisThingisReallyBrokenOugi Oshino (Main), Geralt of Rivia (Backup)
NicetoderpKamen Rider Zero-One (Main), Kamen Rider Horobi (Backup)
Saikou_The_Lewd_KingEmployee (Backup Setup)
IonliositeRyo Shimazaki (Main), Sho Suzuki (Backup)
ApiesDeathbyLazorsAkim Papradon (Main), Lolo & Coco (Backup)
FirephoenixearlMirio Togata (Main), The Hand of the King (Backup)
Seargent_HypocriteCaptain Titus (Main), Nemeroth (Backup)
The_ImpressBatman (Post Flashpoint) (Main), Superior Spider-Man (Backup)
Ricsi-viragosiKwon Shi-Yun (Main), Shin Sun-II (Backup)
Psychomaster35Kenshi (Main), Metal Face (Backup)
ZaratthustraMing Xin (Main), Shooto Katsuragi (Backup),
MariogoodsZuko (Main)
TllmbrgNova (Main), A Fairly Large Human Being Whose Last Name is O'Grady (Marvel Comics) (Backup)
00potatoMr. 3 (Main), Zala (Backup)
Dusty_RaiderKrillin (Main), Odogaron (Backup)
StillwinstonBest Girl (Main), Lupin III (Backup)

Teams

USERCHARACTERSTIPULATIONS
@WokistanLegend (Worm)
@TllmbrgNova (Marvel Comics)Pre-Full Nova Force
@ThisThingisReallyBrokenOugi Oshino (Monogatari)

@Psychomaster35Kenshi (Mortal Kombat)
@Edwardtruong2006Scorpion (Mortal Kombat)Tournament Scorpion
@WeeklyBattlesRabbit (Juuni Taisen: Zodiac War)

@Saikou_The_Lewd_KingEmployee (Lobotomy Corporation)Gaze Weapon, Grinder Mk4 Armor, Child of the Galaxy's Pebble and Parasyte Tree's Blessing
@IonliositeRyo Shimazaki (Mob Psycho 100)
@NewendigoIron Man (MCU)Mark 42 Armor

@NicetoderpKamen Rider Zero-One (Kamen Rider)Zero-One (Shining Assault Hopper. Both Metal Cluster Hopper and Progrise Hopper Blade is restricted.)
@ApiesDeathbyLazorsAkim Papradon (Blood Lad)Hellschaft Grimm
@ZaratthustraMing Xin (Tales of Herding Gods)

@Sergeant_HypocriteCaptain Titus (WH40K)Has Lascannon and Stalker Bolter as optional equipment.
@XSOULOFCINDERXMgalekgolo (Halo)Hunter Captain.
@StillwinstonBest Girl (Re:Zero)Al Huma Restricted.

@FirephoenixearlMirio Togata (My Hero Academia)
@Sir_OvensMori Jin (The God of High School)National Competition Arc
@Starter_PackOleander (Them's Fightin' Herds)

@Dusty_RaiderKrillin (Dragon Ball)22nd Budokai.
@00potatoMr. 3 (One Piece)Arabasta Saga
@The_ImpressBatman (Post-Flashpoint) (DC Comics)No preparation, Standard Equipment Only

@MariogoodsZuko (The Last Airbender)Season 3
@Ricsi-viragosiKwon Shi-Yun (The Gamer)Season 1
@MoritzvaCrystal (Nuclear Throne)No Radhax or Sharp Teeth.

Last edited:
I'll use Vin Venture as my backup, still need to pick my main because you keep half of them retained in CRT hell smh

Yes, your entry needs to be fair vs. Yang.

As in, a match between your character and Yang can be added to profiles under SBA conditions, speed equal, and bloodlusted.

This is to prevent a few broken characters from just running away with the bracket.

I'm gonna be the dick with the shitty gimmick character.

Employee

Equipment:

Solemn Lament Weapon (Resulting in 8-B AP, slight dura negation and mind hax potent enough to one-shot those without resistance)

No armor (meaning 10-B durability)

Child of the Galaxy's Pebble (Granting them slight passive healing of both the physical and mental kind)

Has a fair matchup vs Yang as both characters one shot each other and possess long-range weaponry that's still dodgeable.

My backup char is the same character, except the equipment is changed to:

Gaze Weapon (Simple High 8-C physical weapon)

Grinder Mk4 Armor (Simple High 8-C armor with good resistances against physical attacks)

Child of the Galaxy's Pebble and Parasyte Tree's Blessing (Both give slight passive healing of the mind and body)

Has a fair match vs Yang for obvious reasons, being a pretty basic High 8-C

I'd be against having someone with unknown physicals in every department entering.

Would it help if for the most part her verse doesn't leave 9-B outside of exceptionally rare cases that she definitely doesn't scale too? She's only unknown because she's never hit or been hit by anyone.

For back up, I'm not sure, so I'll just pick another character from the same verse

Back