• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Vytal Festival Bracket. (High 8-C User Team Brackets)

Honestly? I say proceed as planned. Rules aside, this was supposed to be a fun little romp and so far, the first fight seems pretty even. I'd go so far as to say each team has their own powerhouse.

Stop thinking about it too much, most of these matches won't end up added and your character will probably be culled by the time we reach the final round anyway.
I'm kind of on the side of Ovens here. While I do agree that I let a lot more power into the bracket than I should have in hindsight, I think it would kill a lot of the fun to DQ 2/3 of the characters currently in the bracket and the first debate seems to be pretty wild/interesting right now.

As such I'll be a bit more lenient on judgements and say people like Mirio/Mori/that book character Zarat submitted are OK.

For some of the people who used picks that get oneshot by Yang, I'll let them swap to their backup (I think that's just Zark switching to Superior Spider-Man).

Kamen Rider seems to be the dark horse of this issue and is honestly, even with me deciding to be more lenient on this matter, still breaking the bracket. It would still really pain me to basically kick Round 1 in the nuts by removing Zero One and leaving it as a 2v1, though. If @Nicetoderp 's backup pick (Horobi) isn't as problematic as Zero One, I might allow a mid-round swap-in just in the interest of keeping the debate interesting.

Well, for one.

Horobi doesn’t quite beat Yang because well, he actually have a incon in the profile against her even. So there’s that.

But Horobi lack a lot of thing that Zero-One have. Mostly mobility and absurdly big speed amp plus tons of summons. However Horobi have his Acid Analyser which allow him to poison/deconstruct/status effect Inducement and abilities to summoned force field at will still and Danmaku.

Lots of Danmaku

I'm making a High 8-C profile for that one Ergenverse guy who has resistance granted by an FE and have hi stream toll all of these haxy characters, you hax (pun intended).

I'd be fine with Horobi too unless he has the same type of stuff as Zero one (im especially talking about the speed amp that makes everything slo-mo).

If Horobi has an incon vs. Yang I don't see why he shouldn't be allowed. I'll update Round 1.

dargoo unrestrict crystal's radhax then please

hey to be fair the competition has devolved into "I cannot be hit", "I have 100s of lasers from a mile away", "Somehow Mori looks tame in comparison", and "Chinese man willpowerhaxes any non-protagonist entries".

let me have my bullshit

Dargoo_Faust

I've read the win conditions, but they don't mention what happens if somehow the fight reaches an Inconclusive (just curious). So, what does happen if it reaches Inconclusive?

no.
Willpower hax was never used as a big wincon.
Mirio is a problem but anyone with reliable NPI like Chinaman can handle that.

Rad resistance on that level is rare outside of Nuclear throne and maybe Godzilla.

anyone with reliable NPI

Yet the argument against Crystal was to have reliable range, something far more common than non-physical interaction..?

I fail to see how that makes any sense, but that at least gives reason to allow radhax.

Who has that besides like one person?
Even then this is an bullet hell character, I don’t think Range matters here.

I've read the win conditions, but they don't mention what happens if somehow the fight reaches an Inconclusive (just curious). So, what does happen if it reaches Inconclusive?
I still haven't thought of what to do with that.

I might do a runoff 2v2 match where each team picks 2 entries to keep in the fight.

Who has that besides like one person?
Even then this is an bullet hell character, I don’t think Range matters here.
Far, far, far, far more broken danmaku characters like Legend have been allowed, also not an issue.

Reading both threads, I just realized how bad was my decision to propose a full-skill haxless glass cannon.
I would've ruined the day of my teammates :V Luckily for them, I got yeeted out before 👀

i fear my match

i also fear if it's against legend

otherwise, not so much

Back