• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
b3b89086a62a567bc538585a6300f5fe.png

The Vytal Festival Bracket
Round 1, Match 2
Brackets Here
Previous Round Here

Da Rules​

• Speed is Equal, lol
  • All entries are fully in-character but motivated to kill their opponents for whatever reasons. They are also motivated to work alongside their teammates despite incompatible personalities, although this doesn't make them any more competent than they usually are.
  • Your characters hear their teammates' speech translated into their most common language, perfectly (Thanks, Mori)
  • All characters are given prior knowledge on the capabilities of their teammates. This extends to anything defined under "Powers and Stats" on their teammate's profiles. Otherwise no preparation.
  • Setting is the Amity Coliseum Arena. Your characters start inside of the main arena; teammates are 1 m apart, located on one half, the enemy team is 20m away, located on the other half.
    • The Arena has been set to a split of two biomes for this match! Randomly selected, your teams will be starting on...
    • Savanna Biome (see upper right portion of this image). Team SXS will start under the tree.
    • Mountain Biome (see right half in this image). Team SIN will start on one of the Mountain's outcroppings (yes, they have the high ground).

Da Teams​

Team SXS

USERCHARACTERSTIPULATIONSAP
@Sergeant_HypocriteCaptain Titus (WH40K)Has Lascannon and Stalker Bolter as optional equipment.7.17 Tons
@XSOULOFCINDERXMgalekgolo (Halo)Hunter Captain.7.9 Tons
@StillwinstonBest Girl (Re:Zero)Al Huma Restricted.2.8 Tons (IDK what calc gives this)

VS.
USERCHARACTERSTIPULATIONSAP
@Saikou_The_Lewd_King Employee (Lobotomy Corporation)Has Gaze Weapon, Grinder Mk4 Armor, Child of the Galaxy's Pebble and Parasyte Tree's Blessing as equipment.> 4.89 Tons
@Ionliosite Ryo Shimazaki (Mob Psycho 100)None.3.09 Tons
@NewendigoIron Man (MCU)Mark 42 Armor.>>> 2.39 Tons

Team SIN

bCJH7bc.png

BEGIN!

Last edited:
Well, I can say for a start that team SXS has the Ap advantage.

Also, SXS vs SIN...neat names.

Well, for starters, Ryo resists mindhax that can affect entire crowds this large at a minimum, he can predict physical movements and projectile trajectories, has thought-based teleportation and can teleport people he's touching to far-away locations, which disrupts any team-based strategies that the opposing team might think of and allows him to strategically relocate his own team if they're at a disadvantage. He also tends to single out members of a team that are productive/figuring out his weaknesses and teleports them away from their team. He also uses psychic forcefields which should block energy-based weaponry just fine.

He also consistently uses telekinesis to stop projectiles mid-air, float/wallwalk, and push/hit his enemies, although he doesn't use telekinetic holds like Mob does.

If he's backed into a corner (read: is getting his ass handed to him), he can activate Mind's Eye, which allows him to concentrate on a specific thing/set of things with his ESP to the point where he can sense and abuse weak points in the body that can be attacked to incapacitate them.

For weaknesses, his fighting style is extremely predictable and has much less effective defenses if he's juggling between multiple competent opponents who know his fighting style. Although these stop being an issue when Mind's Eye is activated.

If he's backed into a corner (read: is getting his ass handed to him), he can activate Mind's Eye, which allows him to concentrate on a specific thing/set of things with his ESP to the point where he can sense and abuse weak points in the body that can be attacked to incapacitate them.

For weaknesses, his fighting style is extremely predictable and has much less effective defenses if he's juggling between multiple competent opponents who know his fighting style. Although these stop being an issue when Mind's Eye is activated.
About Mind's Eye, it states on Ryo's page:

"Super Sensory Zone "Mind's Eye": By concentrating hard enough and focusing his 'antenna' his extrasensory perception will sharpen until all he can "see" are other esper's auras."

This means Mind's Eye can only "see" other esper-like characters, since Reigen, who is not an esper, was not detected at all by Ryo. Team SXS has no esper-like characters, so Mind's Eye has no effect on them.

Iron Man I recon unfortunately gets hard-countered by Titus (Durability Negating melee + Stalker Bolter and Lascannon) and Hunter Captain (Shock ability will reduce enemy armour).

Also, since Ryo's BFR requires him to grab the opponent to teleport with him, that's likely to get him killed if he does it to Titus or Hunter Captain (Dura Negation and Siphon Beam, respectively).

What can the Employee do? The Hunter Captain's Shock/Taunt Ability is coming in clutch for Iron Man considering it causes those effected by it too completely focus on him and reduces their Durability.

The Employee (from what I'm reading on the Employee's page) can deal physical damage with the Gaze Weapon, and Armor has a slight resistance to a combination of physical and mental attacks, but I'm not sure if that applies to direct Empathetic taunting.

Iron Man can easily analyze the enemies abilities to realize how much of a threat they are, and can be shared to his allies to make counter attacks

Worst Girls lacks versality in abilities, Tony already resist freezing temperatures in a weaker armor and many of his weapons pack a lot of heat, a single laser wipe can one-shot Rem considering it could have sliced through War Machines armor

And Golo easily gets outranged and outsmarted by either Ryo, Tony or the Employee.

Those both get out very quickly, leaving only Titus, and that guy can just be overpower via sheer amount attacks (If anything goes wrong, Tony can initiate House Party Protocol and blast the captain to kingdom come).

Employees should almost definitively resist the mindhax, given the amount of bullshit they resist in-game. They can minimally take hits from mindhax that can affect like a handful of people at the same time. Does this empathic hax have any big feat?

The employee doesn't have that much, but they do have slight passive healing as well as being by far the strongest of their team, given how they easily overpower and out-tank the High 8-C feat they scale to it. As well as arguably a lot of experience and skill with dealing with stronger opponents. I think it should be able to 1v1 the Mgalegolo, but not Titus.

This means Mind's Eye can only "see" other esper-like characters, since Reigen, who is not an esper, was not detected at all by Ryo. Team SXS has no esper-like characters, so Mind's Eye has no effect on them.
When he's using it to focus specifically on Espers, yes.

However his ESP obviously allows him to sense and react to things that aren't espers, and Mind's Eye is literally just him blanking out irrelevant information from his ESP to narrowly focus its power on a set of targets - and none of his opponents are Espers so he'd have zero reason to focus on psychic energy that isn't there.

Also, does his TK Shield protect him from Radiation? Because the Hunter Captain's Siphon Beam is Radioactive.

Psychic shielding blocks extreme thermal radiation and electrical currents, so I don't see why it'd stop working on ionizing radiation.

Also, unless this is fiction-esque "melt your face off by proximity" radiation (in which case, feats would be helpful), even extreme radiation poisoning also takes hours for symptoms to occur at a minimum, and this fight is hardly lasting an hour. Most of the immediate dangers of intense radiation is heat, which Ryo's shield would block.

The Hunter Captain can effect up to like at least 50 People at once with Shock. His weapon is still Radioactive, Poisonous and Drains Health to Heal himself with it along with his Energy Shield which is more durable than he himself is but not by a huge amount.

Actually, I've just noticed that the OP states the start on top of the mountain in their biome (Ryo can teleport and Iron Man can fly), but Employee has to go down the mountain physically, so he'll be further behind then his teammates.

Hunter Captain's Empathetic taunt will force Tony's attention from Rem and having him focus on the Hunter Captain, leaving Rem able to heal her teammates and able to access Oni form.

I mean Normal Hunter's Assault Cannons can Vaporize Spartans within two shots. The Hunter Captain's is significantly more powerful than that. Their Radioactive Rounds are also extremely poisonous as well.

I mean Shock isn't the mindhax. It's useful but won't distract the Employee, probably.

The mountain terrain is actually an advantage for the employee, likely. They're more used to slow guerilla warfare, so the terrain could help them avoid too many hits and let the healing proc.

What does the taunt do specifically? If it just makes people target the Golo over their allies, it would just mean it dies faster, since I doubt Iron Man and Ryo would try and melee fight it. And as it turns out, fighting two flying targets with projectiles is hard if you're grounded.

Btw, I really doubt anyone here has the AP Necessary to destroy the Hunter's Actual Shield on his Armor, so that's gonna be a bitch to deal with.

I'm pretty sure the Hunter will One-Shot Iron Man considering he can kill people (IE Grunt Goblins) who can take little damage from Wraith Mortars, which are 7.9 tons. As far as I can tell, he can pretty much One-Shot the entire opposing team.

Titus has a Jump Pack incase he needs it. Titus' Stalker Bolter and Lascannon are very powerful, with the Lascannon enough to one-shot even Chaos Marines. If Ryo or Tony get hit once by it (which is likely due to Titus being a very skilled master of a wide variety of weapons in his verse), it will either significantly damage them or at the worst for them, kill them.

Also Fury increases Titus' reaction and combat speed to the point where he can enter a bullet-time speed when aiming down sights.

What does the taunt do specifically? If it just makes people target the Golo over their allies, it would just mean it dies faster, since I doubt Iron Man and Ryo would try and melee fight it. And as it turns out, fighting two flying targets with projectiles is hard if you're grounded.
Ryo has no projectiles, he is a hand-to-hand fighter (which will quickly get him killed here). Iron Man is the only one on his team with projectiles (unless the Gaze Weapon counts).

Not sure how taunting is empathic manipulation.

Ryo also spams teleportation, BFR, and has Class 100 LS, so is more likely that he will TP Golo out of the battlefield far away so it becomes a 3v2, than Golo ever hitting him.

considering he can kill people (IE Grunt Goblins) who can take little damage from Wraith Mortars, which are 7.9 tons.
If they seriously scale over 7.9 tons that significantly, since 7.9 is High 8-C+, that'd literally just be 8-B. Which they aren't rated at currently.

If they don't SIN can harm them just fine, if not with some trouble.

Also Fury increases Titus' reaction and combat speed to the point where he can enter a bullet-time speed when aiming down sights.
If we're talking speed boosts, Mind's Eye allowed Ryo to similarly blitz an entire group of espers, including Teru, who could keep up with him prior to activating it, with those espers moving in slow-motion as he moved FTE from the camera's POV.

Titus' Stalker Bolter and Lascannon are very powerful, with the Lascannon enough to one-shot even Chaos Marines. If Ryo or Tony get hit once by it (likely due to Titus being a very skilled master of a wide variety of weapons in his verse)
Ryo can predict projectiles and physical attacks with or without weapons so Titus landing a hit is fairly unlikely unless there's a prolonged interaction between the two and Titus catches onto Ryo's fighting style - something that's unlikely to happen without Ryo activating Mind's Eye.

Ryo has no projectiles, he is a hand-to-hand fighter (which will quickly get him killed here).
He can attack without touching his opponents through telekinesis, which he does when he decided to take Teru seriously.

Ryo surprisingly doesn't BFR in-character; the most he did in an actual fight was take Teru like something-dozen meters in the air to just separate him from the rest of his group, and even then he continued to fight him after TPing him.

Ryo can predict projectiles and physical attacks with or without weapons so Titus landing a hit is fairly unlikely unless there's a prolonged interaction between the two and Titus catches onto Ryo's fighting style - something that's unlikely to happen without Ryo activating Mind's Eye.
Ryo can teleport out of the way, but Iron Man can't and is likely to get incapacitated or killed from the shot, knocking him out of the equation and making a 3v2, with Ryo in the middle of all three of Team SXS.

Additionally, Mind's Eye is not an ability that Ryo abuses, and only uses it when he knows he's up against the wall, and still only activated while several seconds into him being mass tag-team smackdowned from the people in his verse. Here, Titus and Hunter Captain both double his AP (as well as Rem in Oni form), which will finish off Ryo faster before he can properly activate Mind's Eye (which requires significant concentration).

Either way, Ryo's 2x lower AP means he needs to beat down Titus overtime, which will be incredibly difficult since Titus has pain resistance due to being a Space Marine. Titus, via Durability negating melee weapons, needs only one hit in to put down Ryo. Additionally, Titus has 150 years combat experience fighting enemies with differing powers (Orks, Chaos Marines, etc.), on top of being the captain of the Ultramarines 2nd Company, having implanted knowledge and enhanced intelligence, which should allow him to keep up with Ryo's TP and predictions.

When I say little damage, I more so mean he can take several of them before going down. It still does damage, but they scale above it enough to where it's notable.

Ryo surprisingly doesn't BFR in-character; the most he did in an actual fight was take Teru like something-dozen meters in the air to just separate him from the rest of his group, and even then he continued to fight him after TPing him.
I guess Tony could just communicate Ryo to TP his enemies and teammates to strategic positions, separate them and later gang them up individually.

He can also send a few iron armors to both increase firepower and to distract while the main body (i.e, him) forms a idea.

Would Iron man's hacking do anything here or is it situational?
Does Mark 6-Onward suits carry stuff over from the over suits, because it doesn't say "All previous abilities, plus" on the Mark 6-Onward abilities bit. If the hacking is available then for the characters (likely not since J.A.R.V.I.S is no longer part of his arsenal, E.D.I.T.H replaces him but hasn't shown hacking capabilities): Rem, definitely no. Titus won't be affected since his weapons and armour don't function like the stuff J.A.R.V.I.S hacks. Not sure about Hunter Captain.

Additionally, Mind's Eye is not an ability that Ryo abuses, and only uses it when he knows he's up against the wall, and still only activated while several seconds into him being mass tag-team smackdowned from the people in his verse.
I mean, yeah, it's why he's fair VS. Yang mainly.

Titus has 150 years combat experience fighting enemies with differing powers (Orks, Chaos Marines, etc.), on top of being the captain of the Ultramarines 2nd Company, having implanted knowledge and enhanced intelligence, which should allow him to keep up with Ryo's TP and predictions.
I'm genuinely unsure how combat experience and enhanced intelligence allow him to keep up with someone using a supernatural power to read and predict his movements, unless you're just talking about him exploiting Ryo's weakness of constantly trying to "nothing personal, kid" his enemies.

I guess Tony could just communicate Ryo to TP his enemies and teammates to strategic positions, separate them and later gang them up individually.
That too.

It's also in-character for Ryo to TP his enemies into the sky and just drop them, and you could potentially stretch this to say Ryo would attempt in a non-unsubstantial number of scenarios to just drop someone off of Amity Arena (which is still a floating platform at airplane heights).

Plus the Hunter Captain and Titus both have Energy Shields, so they (or at least the Hunter Captain doesn't) won't feel the pain of the Attacks so they could just take a hit and follow through with their own to kill them.

I'm genuinely unsure how combat experience and enhanced intelligence allow him to keep up with someone using a supernatural power to read and predict his movements, unless you're just talking about him exploiting Ryo's weakness of constantly trying to "nothing personal, kid" his enemies.
The Ultramarines, and by extension Space Marines, are constantly at war with multiple factions at once, like the Orks, forces of Chaos, Necrons, Tau, Tyranids, and more. Since he has 150 years of combat experience under his belt by fighting with the Ultramarines, Titus' combat experience in the Warhammer 40K verse and having to deal with all of these threats, especially being a Captain of the 2nd Company of the Ultramarines, should be high enough where his experience with unnatural and supernatural foes should be enough to at least successfully tag Ryo (especially since his fighting style is extremely predictable).

Last edited:
Iron Man definetly carries his abilities through modern armors, unless those are really specific, specialized suit.

The hacking thing can be done even without the armor, he hacked North Korea, Iran and Hammer technology to show video footages of failed rip offs, and also the pentagon when he was a teen IIRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back