• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Vytal Festival Bracket. (High 8-C User Team Brackets)

Could I make Krillin my new main while https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Odogaron becomes my new back up? Ap wise it scales far above baseline
Works fine.

Since I already discussed this with you before teams were set up, sure.

Are we allowed to change the backup before the tourney starts? If so can I take This gal instead?

Sure.

Brackets + Round 1 will be up soonish.

I have fixed the list on the OP to the best of my abilities, shoot me if anything needs to be changed.

It's not too late to change backups, however I'd seriously reccomend choosing a backup that isn't controversial - as if both your entry and backup are disqualified you're dropped from the tourney proper.

Also, sneak peak for Round 1 👀

iYZfi1h.png

Now that I've thought about it more, I am of the opinion that Mori, Kamen Rider Zero-One, Ming Xin, Legend, and maybe Mirio should all be DQ'd.

If you're curious as to why, a cursory glance into the above Match 1 thread should tell you Yang doesn't have a goddamn chance in the world against any of these *****.

As for Legend, 100s of lasers > 2 pew pew shotgun gauntlet blasts. Also he can fly. And more. Take that as you will.

Depending on how powerful the forcefield of Ming Xin is, I'd say that depends. His aura can be overcome by being willful or a heretic. I would say Yang probably fits that well, so depends on whether she can get through his barrier. His soul manip takes dozens of hits, so even if it negates her aura, she could potentially shoot her down.
But yeah, if it can tank a nine layer, 8 ton attack with no damage, that's way op.

I’d like to wait for the entrants themselves to respond before any judgements are made, but yes, I’m having trouble seeing how Yang can beat Zero One.

You just need to have a strong will to get over the first Effect of Ming's Sutra. While the second, just attack it till his energy runs out or till it breaks. Same thing as RWBY's aura.

Zero-One doesn’t goes into his enhanced finisher all that much so he can’t just one shot her right at the start. No Progrise Hopper Blade and MCH Key mean that he can’t just deconstruct her but her Aura most likely protecting her anyway.

His TP and APrediction is hella good but this can be circumvent. From the previous thread I have debated against Yang (Horobi VS Yang) her shockwave have a pretty sizable AoE that can hit him even with his teleportation, and she seem to used the move pretty often so there’s that. His RPL is wayyy superior to her Semblance however that does take a bit of time for him to amp up his stats to 8-A while Yang will most likely pop her Semblance first, especially with all the Shine Crysters that he will be summoned to distracted, attack and defend him. She’s also resisting some of his key attack like Flaming Tiger and Freezing Bear enhanced finisher which will flash freeze or melt opponent on hit.

The reason he beat her is because of his APrediction, Shine Crysters, TPs spam and eventual use of his speed amp finisher.

That doesn't seem very convincing for Zero-One not absolutely demolishing her. She was also reduced to nearly no aura due to lava, so his melting is going to tax her aura too.

Yang can still get her stat amps in time before his Reactive Power Level and AoE him down.

And his finisher on his Authorise Buster have a pretty big tell, as in, literally there will be a finisher jingle blaring loudly before his launch Zero-One Dust. That should give her enough time to dodge since Yang does have pretty decent mobility of her own, no?

Yeah, Zero-One is going to win against her a lot of time more often than not due to the TPs spam, massive layers of Analytic Prediction and Reactive Power Level. But Yang can steal a win against him.

Last edited:
Bruh, I've seen Zero One's teleport spam. That's not something Yang can easily get out of.

Bruh, I've seen Zero One's teleport spam. That's not something Yang can easily get out of.
She doesn’t need to get out of. If she can shockwaves spam against Horobi then so she can against Zero-One.

It will not net her the W against Zero-One due to his summons, stat amp finisher that might come out, and the APrediction + Reactive Power Level combos.

Oh also why the **** are we allowing 8-Cs in a High 8-C bracket

Toss out Batman too

Well, I will write once my part as I can't post multiple times now as I'm at work.

Mori seems to think that Ming Xin's stomps cause he has the "Buddha's Aura" that affects the spirit/will of fighting. Yeah, you need strong willpower to fight because it will make others that think they are fighting a Buddha, and how can you lift your hand against it. But if you have a strong will then you can. Most characters in the bracket have it because they have fought against stronger opponents or meet such being or dared to face things that may be above them. You just need to have strong willpower. His second effect of Sutra's skill is that when he's attacked it creates a forcefield around himself that blocks attacks. You just need to exhaust him or attack till it breaks, just like RWBY's aura.

Another point was raised that he has "soul shattering attacks"...like I've said when I requested the swap from Shooto to Ming, he needs tens of attacks that hit the other party to destroy the soul. It's not instant, it's not some mubmo-jumbo magic that directly targets the soul. He's a close-range fighter that uses only fist and palm strikes. Yang is above him in fighting capabilities/skill. She even more versatile as she can use legs, throws, pulls, elbows, etc. She even has range attacks with her weapon.

Both have forcefields. Both are close-range melee. Both have an element to attack with lightning vs fire. Ming has higher AP/Dura but Yang has stat amp. Ming needs to use Vital Qi for each of his techniques, Yang doesn't need to her weapon. Yang has higher regeneration while Ming has healing properties thanks to his Vital Qi. Both have a form of pseudo-flight but Ming's one is more exhausting as he uses his own Vital Qi while Yang propels herself with Cecilia. Ming hax soul interaction while Yang is more versatile in her fighting style and has shockwave generation. Yang is also above him in intelligence. I think is a pretty fair match.

At the same time, Dargoo said to have a fair match (which can go either way for them in my opinion) and to not be a stomp (which is not). Dargo didn't say that the character can't defeat her after in fight (which like I said above can go either way).

So, Yang is no Midoriya. She can't make massive shockwaves to catch people on aoe. Her biggest aoe is her punching the ground to propel others into the air, but a guy who can teleport won't be inconvenienced much.

So, I still believe Kamen Rider dude just teleport out of the way of any of Yang's attacks and simply whittles her down.

And so does someone like Mirio who can practically phase through all of her attack and whittles her down as well

Wait, Mirio is not that bad, but from the thread

Can amp to the point he sees the world in slo-mo
Excuse me?!?! Either we restrict this amp or we yeet this guy. Seeing the entire battle in slo-mo is a bit too much.

I mean... feel free to start then. I have yet to see a reason why any of Yang's abysmal aoe would be good enough to stop him from teleporting.

Teleport isn't the biggest offender here. Cus he uses teleport to teleport into people for h2h, not outrange ppl. So if he becomes predictable with his TP or get AoE'd the moment he teleports it would work.

But someone explain how he can just have an ability that makes him fast enough to see everything in slo-mo was allowed. This is a bit too much.

Honestly? I say proceed as planned. Rules aside, this was supposed to be a fun little romp and so far, the first fight seems pretty even. I'd go so far as to say each team has their own powerhouse.

Stop thinking about it too much, most of these matches won't end up added and your character will probably be culled by the time we reach the final round anyway.

Back