• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

UQ Holder getting a page or negima page being updated

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Damage

No, that's just really good reflexes.

No, because Magia Erebea is magic-specific. We can't just generalize it to all sealing techniques.

Fair enough, but wouldn't that mean he has a resistance to magical sealing? He was hit with the cross seal to immobilize his movement in base form, but once he activated Magia Erebea he was instantly up and unaffected by it.

EDIT: It's just that it is noted that he is vulnerable to sealing in his weaknesses section but that weakness is negated by Magia Erebea.

@Damage

Resistance to ice magic seems okay.

However, regenerating entire limbs is High-Low, simply reattaching it isn't.

Reattaching limbs should just be mentioned as part of Low Regenerationn for Rakan then?

I've made the changes to Negi and Rakan.

Something that needs mentioning on Rakan's profile though is his use of Zanmaken No Ni Tachi: a sword technique that lets the user bypass magical and physical defences to hit the target behind them. It also lets the user hit spirits that are possessing somebody without hitting the person being possessed.

Alright, as far as powers go would Intangibility Negation and Forcefield Negation be alright to add? And Exorcism too I guess since they mention it as being the ultimate exorcism technique (in-universe).

@Damage

We don't have an exorcism page or explicit pages for intangibility negation or forcefield negation, so just specify it without putting up a link. Though it should be noted that Rakan can only do this with that one technique.

Alright. Done for now. I'm sure I'll find more things to add after rereading the series some more but those are good enough revisions for now.

Last few things for Rakan:

He needs Negation for Elemental Intangibility as he hit Negi in his lightning form and could grab Homura in her fire form.

He can read minds to peer into people's memories. Not sure what that should be marked as. Telepathy?

Possibly has Enhanced Senses due to a better sense of smell, using a piece of clothing to track somebody several kilometres away.

Do these all seem okay?

Also, I'm working on a profile for Kirie Sakurame so I'll post her powers & stats here before I create the profile to make sure they're alright.

Regarding Kinetic Energy, I've calculated Touta (Base) and Karin (with SoL ATK speed aka Holy Fist)

Touta (Base)

180,625,000,000 J (City Block) <--- 2.5 Mach (Supersonic) + 500 T Grav Blade

462,400,000,000 J (Multi City Block) <-- 4 Mach (Supersonic+) + 500T GravBlade

Karin (Nimbus Holy Light mode - Holy Fist)

101,250,000,000,000,000 J (City) <-- Speed of Light + 2.25 kg (avg arm mass of teenage girls)

it seems the author is a physics conscious person (speed, mass, travel time etc were mentioned frequently through the verse), so I think other than feats shown, we can use KE for an alternative method to calculate the AP/Striking STR

and I'm also currently working on Karin page, already done maybe on the last month, but still need some more editing, I'll post it here later for evaluation before putting up the page.

@Skylietz

Where are the speed values for Touta coming from?

As for Karin, the kinetic energy formula is inapplicable for anything beyond Relativistic speeds due to Newtonian physics breaking down past that point.

The more I read, the more I keep finding for Rakan.

He breaks a magically-created pocket dimension using one of Albireo's gravity spells so he should get minor Gravity Manipulation.

He can also use Magia Erebea so he should have Transformation and Energy Absorption like Touta (though a note needs to be made in his weaknesses that he isn't very compatible with it and it could backfire).

Also, Rakan has been noted several times in the series as being able to pick up the techniques of people he's been with; he copied Eisun's spirit-cutting sword technique by seeing him do it, he's copied Albireo's gravity magic and he's even copied Evangeline's Magia Erebea. Should he be noted to have Intuitive Aptitude?

@Damage

I'm not sure where the gravity part comes in the first scan. You're going to have to explain this to me.

The Magia Erebea portion should be okay.

We don't have a page called "Intuitive Aptitude" to the best of my knowledge. It would best to list his technique-copying feats under Power Mimicry.

In the bonus pages for volume 25 which goes over translation details, the 'Great Dimensional Smash' that Rakan uses is described as gravity magic copied from Albireo. It creates a black hole for just an instant which is enough to shatter the pocket dimension. I'm trying to find a scan of that page online but I just read it from the physical volume I own.

Here is what I could find online.

EDIT: All changes made.

EDIT2: Jack should scale pretty close to 15-year old Negi who is rated as At Least Island Level. Should we add a Possibly Island Level (by scaling) note to Jack?

No, I'll get to that as soon as I can. I've been focusing on revising Rakan's profile.

@Damage

Then Gravity Manipulation should be fine.

I have no problems scaling Jack to Negi since the former is generally considered to be among the most broken fighters in the series.

@Reppuzan

from Kaito vs Touta battle, Supersonic ... I calculated the value to fits the current AP, and Touta's exact speed was not mentioned explicitly, except for his multiple shundou on the recent chapter (travelled 1.5 km in 5 sec = 300m/s or Subsonic), but we did know that he could avoid and blocked bullets even from point blank range (vs Tatsumiya) and Kaito even said that his speed is Supersonic (and Touta managed to outsped him)

if we use Subsonic then his AP is on Large Building level

Supersonic (2.5 m/s, upper limit of Supersonic) to Supersonic+ are City Block to Multi.City Block like I mentioned above

what I am trying to say is, if KE is concerned, how much speed should we use then?

@Skylietz

Unless it's actually a legitimate, accepted calc, we can't use arbitrary values. Post your math in a blog and get it checked out.

Bullet blocking is not a good indicator of speed unless it's calced, as the results can bounce between Subsonic and Massively Hypersonic depending on the context.

I don't know what speed we should use until the the math is done.

Upgraded Jack as discussed. I think we're pretty much done with him unless he gets some new abilities or feats in future chapters.

EDIT: Oh, Rakan showed up in UQ Holder several decades after his main appearance in Negima, not looking as though he had aged at all. Does this qualify him for Immortality Type 1?

He has Longevity since 30 year olds are consider 10 year olds in the Hellas race. He has reliant immortality as an Apostle once he's connected to Ialda as seen in UQ Holder cause even Yue and Nodoka are back to their prime ages as Apostles.

Alright, I've noted it as Longevity.

About Kirie's abilities, I currently have her down as: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Immortality (Type 1 and 8), Magic, Fire Manipulation, Enhanced Senses (via drone), Summoning, Time Manipulation (via Reset & Restart), Time Stop, Flight (via broom), Immunity to Time Stop

Does that seem right?

@Damage

Why does Kirie have Type 1 Immortality? I don't recall her actually being that old.

I'm not sure where Fire Manipulation comes from.

Immunity to Time Stop is also unwarranted.

Seems right, though I can't remember have Longevity and we normal rather use Resistance over Immunity due to NLF being used in debates. How about Resistance to Time Stop(Was unaffected by Tena/Cutlass' Pactio artifact which stops time)?

Edit: @ Reppu she uses a fire spell in Jack's face iirc.

Kirie stopped her aging when she was about 13 . She's actually around 20 years old in real time.

Fire Manipulation comes from the few fire magic spells she has used.

The reason why I initially put Immunity is because Kirie explains that users of time stop in Negima aren't affected by each others timestop. Hence why Cutlass can move in Kirie's stopped time and Kirie can move in Cutlass' stopped time.

@Damage

Gonna need scans for the unaging and fire parts.

Begin able to move in other characters' time stop =/= being able to move in all time stops. "Immunity" implies that the time stop of a character like Tenma Yato won't work on Kirie.

@ Damage, Really? I forgot Kirie stopped aging then and I guess she has immunity to timestops but there are higher dimensional and conceptual time stops, so resistance is the most suitable.

@ Reppu here's the fire spell and time stop resistance

Kirie's fire spell 1

Kirie's time stop resistance

Edit: I got sniped by the both of you :'(

Regarding her stats, what do you think is most suitable? Her most notable feats are here, here and here.

Personally I think she's around Building Level DC and striking strength, but a low level durability + lifting strength. Speedwise she should be supersonic or close to it as she was able to hit Cutlass with a magic attack, and catch up to Touta on her broom.

She can't have low level durability if she has building level striking. That means she shatters her arms with her own attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back