• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Negima/UQ Holder! Revisions Part 1: Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrenchStephy

He/Him
As a great man once said, "If I don't, who will?!!..."

Note 1: Don't want to discuss any missing abilities (or any new kew) for any exisiting character, at least in this thread. Just want to focus on the stats. I will probably create another thread for that matter but only after we have finished with this.

AP​

Note 2: The Large Planet level could seen as an outlier, but I don't think it is. Nikitis has no reason to lie (after all this man loves to show his knowledge and stuff), and Akamatsu (usually) knows his stuff. Plus, we also have a Small Planet level feat of Ialda creating the Magic World and the Large Planet level black holes from Albireo (though this one doesn't scale to anyone else).

My proposal: Currently, we have most of the UQ Holder members at Small City level+ because of this:
Touta defeated Morborgran (who was also defeated by Negi in the Magic World arc) so Base Touta (post-Dana training) = Agilitas Fulminis Negi = 2.5*521.54 Kilotons = 1.30 Megatons) = Small City level. Cutlass could somewhat keep up with Magia Erebea Touta (so stronger than his base form). Then, we have Cutlass’ first transformation via the Black of Venus which gives a x4 multiplier in all her stats (5.21 Megatons = Small City level+).
Tbh, that scaling is still true. I just feel like the strongest of the bunch (Jinbei, Juuzou and Shichijuurou) deserves to be "At least City level" in AP as they were shown to be vastly superior to Cutlass (like Jinbei keeping up with her second transformation). We don't know if all of Cutlass' transformations (other than her first one) give her a x4 multiplier but at the very least we know that her second is vastly superior to her first.

The real problem I have is for the high/top-tier of the verse. For now, they are either rated at Island level (with an older version of the calc of Negi and Asuna on Agartha) or at Large Mountain level (with the Jack Rakan calc). But now we have a more correct version of the Agartha feat at Multi-Continent level, so the 6-C rating can go.
But I feel like I've missed something about Touta's new form and I want to be sure to understand everything (as it could maybe influence this CRT)
Here's the explanation for Touta's new move. So, from my understanding, he is drawing from his infinite magic source to strengthen himself. During his training to master this new form, Nikitis lent to some of his magic power in order to activate it since he wasn't able to draw magic from his soul door as he was going berserk. He finally managed to use it once he received 0.5% of Nikitis' magic power. Does that mean that he needs to absorb that much in order to use it (and that he can uses this much to attack)? If so, that would put him at Small Planet level (0.5% of Nikitis' magic=4.7085e+31 J)
So, in conclusion, I don't know what to do with the high tier stuff lol
Either Multi-Continent level or Small Planet level for most of them and Large Planet level only for the Vampire Nobles in their true form. Or maybe have a different scaling for the two series. Or anything else tbh I don't really care as long as it is consistent with the verse as a whole.

Speed​

My proposal: First, I feel like the Touta calc is probably an outlier. A non-immortal, totally physically (and mentally) exhausted Touta (with minor memory loss) shouldn't be able to move that fast, especially when Shichijuuro's Speed of Light was something reeeally impressive like 15 chapters ago.
Kuroumaru's Mach 5100 seems pretty consistent for her post-Dana training. So Massively Hypersonic+ for Post-Training Kuroumaru and all comparable to her (Post-Training Touta, Cutlass etc), Sub-Relativistic for those who scales from Cutlass' first transformation and her x4 multiplier.

Last edited:
I believe that there's also a black hole calc for Dana as well, isn't there?

That might help with the consistency.

Also I'm reminded of just how many characters still don't have completed profiles yet which is a shame. I've got to make more time to work on them.

As for the speed calc for Touta, I do think that it is an outlier at the moment even if we treat his statement as being correct.

Also not sure at the FTL, but cant they scale to Shichijuuro's Speed of Light?

And theres also the Negima movie, I remember it being said to be canon.

The Dana calc.

Oh yeah right the Dana calc, totally forgot about it lol

Also not sure at the FTL, but cant they scale to Shichijuuro's Speed of Light?
Don't think so. During the huge battle against Ba'al, everytime Shichijuro went light form, he was blitzing everybody (I think Kuroumaru reacted to one or two attacks from him but I could be wrong)

And for the movie, it's been a while since I've seen it, but didn't Negi and his class fused Mars and Earth in the end or something? We can maybe work with this. Also I've found this in my imgur gallery, and I believe it's also from the movie (it doesn't really mean anything concrete but it's still here I guess?)

Also, if you have any idea of a possible scaling (especially for AP) feel free to make proposals.

Finishing Evangeline's profile should probably be the next highest priority.

Nice work. Is there anything for them you need to grab from the sandbox I've got here, or shall I delete Eva and Fate from that list?

Hmm.. Maybe? Juuzou (who should be equal to Jinbei in speed or maybe even above) didn't react at all until Shichijuurou was trapped by Jinbei, so I'm not sure. And we can never be sure, the nanosecond stuff could just be a mistranslation lol
ESIUUhv.jpg

Can just check the raw scan.

Okay. I don't think we should use that FTL calc then. But investigating the feats around Shichijuurou seems worthwhile.

The first post seems to make sense to me. What are the conclusions here so far?

Last edited:
I can post Eva and Fate profiles later today (though I will also have to add all the other changes, just for scaling purpose)

I think the only thing left is to see if Kuromaru's calc gives us anything to add/modify, and we'll be done (with part 1 lol)

Adding what's missing in terms of powers/abilities/techniques to the UQ Holder characters + reorganizing their profiles by adding keys from the earlier arcs (in short doing this to the rest of the characters)

I think Small Planet should be changed to Planet level. I think Small Planet would apply to something the size of Pluto but Negima/UQ Holder are clearly capable of blowing up Mars which is already baseline Planet level by Vsbattlewiki standards and even the Movie version of Negi which is actually canon but took place on a different timeline was capable of pulling Mars and Earth together.

I would also suggest to put Lightspeed reaction on their Speed category.

I think as far as Part 1 of these revisions go, we're done with it. Anything new can be brought up in the 2nd planned CRT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back