• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Some Negima/UQ Holder Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrenchStephy

He/Him
So I started making a profile for one of the most importants characters of the verse (for those who are wondering, I'm talking about Fate lol) and I noticed some points that needed to be adressed here.

Scaling
Now that we have Jack Raka's Eternal Negi Fever calc'd as High 7-A, we can take care of the scaling.

So I tried something, tell me what y'all think about this:

Large Town level (Scaling from Incomplete Thousand Thunderbolts and Al-Iskandariya):

• Post-Rakan Training Base Negi, Chachamaru and Ikkyu via Al-Iskandariya, Pre-Dana Training Touta, Kuromaru etc
Large Town level+ (50% stronger than base Negi):

• Dark Night Form Negi, Magia Erebea Touta?
Small City level (2x stronger than Dark Night form Negi):

• Magia Erebea Armament Negi (Around 2200 on Jack's power chart), Post-Dana Training Base Touta, Kuromaru, Base Karin
At least Small City level

• Kotarou, Kagetarou (Around 3000 on Jack's power chart), Ku Fei, Base Cutlass, Post-Training Magia Erebea Touta
At least Small City level+ (Via Cutlass x4 multiplier):

• Jinbei, Gengoro, Transformed Cutlass
At least City level (Far superior to Ku Fei):

• Base Tatsumiya, Setsuna, Kaede, Tsukuyomi
At least City level, likely far higher (Far superior to Transformed Cutlass):

• UQ Holder Base Evangeline
At least Mountain level (Far superior to Kaede + Can hurt Raiten Taiso Negi):

• Lifemaker's constructs (Averruncus series, Dynamis etc), Poyo/Zazie?, Half-Demon Tatsumiya?
(At least ?) Large Mountain level (Scaling from the Eternal Negi Fever):

• Post-Rakan Training Raiten Taiso Negi, Grace of Light Karin, Ruin Ishkur, Raiten Taiso Touta, Negima Fate?
At least Large Mountain level, likely Island level (As the Eternal Negi Fever is a casual feat for Jack + Stronger than Fate):

• Post Rebirth Negi, Jack Rakan, Eishun, Albireo, UQ Fate, UQ Magia Erebea Evangeline
At least (Since the asteroid feat is a lowball) Island level (Far superior to Fate):

• Negima Evangeline?, Nagi, Teenager Negi, Ialda
At least Island level, likely higher:

• Negi-Ialda?
Negi's keys
I felt like I needed to add this part, so yeah as discussed below, Negi's whole page need a rework. His profile lacks all the keys from earlier Negima so I think it's a good idea to add them. Still not sure about the scaling part but I made a first draft.

I decided to add an additionnal key because I feel like the teenager Negi from UQ Holder flashbacks and End of Negima Negi are too different to have the same key but that's may just be unnecessary lol.

The draft of Negi's new profile is here (still needs to be updated with the new scaling).

Negi's speed
I saw this old thread and I wanted to give some input on the speed of Negi. We have the description of the Raiten Taisou technique in the Lexicon Negimarium which describes the technique as:

Once the caster has become a mass of charged particles, he separates positively charges particles from his body and positions them to create a certain extent of an electrical field. The charged particles and electrical field can be changed at will from a latent state to an active one, and vice versa, by the caster, who has taken the lightning magic into himself. When the electrical field becomes active, its powerful electric potential difference draws the negatively charged particles that make up the caster's body toward the positively charged particles of the field with tremendous force. Thus, the caster can move at high speeds via the electrical discharge.

So we have Negi who first emits positive streamers, as noted by Jack Raka, which fits the description of the "stepped leader" stage of the lightning strike. This is what Chamo is referring to when he says that lightning can go 150 km/s. Then, the user's body (which is now negatively charged) is drawn at tremendous speed to the positive streamers, making up the dash portion of Raiten Shundo. This stage of Raiten Shundo fits the description of the return stroke.

Thus, Negi's movement during Raisoku Shundo and Raiten Taiso (1&2) should match the return stroke of lightning. Return stroke currents are said to travel at around 100.000 km/s, so Relativistic speed.

(And that's just for 10 y/o Negi. Negi-Ialda from UQ Holder! is able to blitz the only characters who were shown to be fast enough to fight evenly with Raiten Taisou 2 Negi.)

Some other stuff that needs to be added
Negi

Kyoto Arc :

Mahora Festival Arc :

Post-Rakan :

Post-Death/Rebirth :

Teenager/Adult :

Negi-Ialda :
Possesses all of Ialda's abilities which include: Immortality (Type 1, 2, 3 and 6), Self-Resurrection, Teleportation, Transmutation (Turned a little girl into a vampire), Energy Projection, Regenerationn Negation (Can fire darts that bypass magical barriers and reduce anyone they touch into dust, no matter how powerful their Regenerationn is up to at least Mid-High), Soul Manipulation (Manus Jaldae is a spell she created), Possession (If she is killed, she possesses the one who killed her), Mind Control, Perception Manipulation, Necromancy (Her powers are said to be leagues over that of the already extremely powerful wraith girl Sayoko Minase), Empowerment (Ialda feels and is fueled by the feelings of everyone in the present and past, most significantly the feelings of pain and suffering. Additionally, her power is proportional to the amount of suffering and resentment in the world), Empathic Manipulation (She uses the feelings that empower her to break down the will of her host, allowing her to fully possess them), Pocket Reality Manipulation and Mind Manipulation (Ialda can create imaginary worlds outside reality called Phantasmagoria, in which she controls everything, which she can shape and influence how she pleases, even rewriting the laws of reality. It has been described as akin to her "womb" or her "dreams".), Creation (Ialda is the creator of the Magical World and of all of its native inhabitants. She also created powerful construct-mages, whom she can resurrect or summo by her side), Reality Warping (Created the Magical World, an alternate plane of reality on Mars made completely of magic. Ialda can erase everything made out of magic. It also applies to the Magical World, its fauna and flora and even its inhabitants), BFR and Space-Time Manipulation (Can send peoples to the ultimate Phantasmagoria: the Cosmo Entelecheia or Eternal Garden, a world outside of time and space in which everyone lives for eternity the happiest, most perfect possible scenario of their life, based on their past and unfulfilled desires), Power Bestowal (Can give her Reality Warping powers to others via the Code of the Lifemaker), Darkness Manipulation, Poison Manipulation, Paralysis Inducement, Aura (with Fear inducement), Shapeshifting (Can take the appearance of her previous hosts), Corruption (Has an unnamed spell that binds the target and eats away at their soul before fusing with them, turning them into her puppet), Resistance to Time Stop (Unaffected by Koyomi's Time-stopping Artifact), Petrification and Ice Magic (Unaffected by Fate's petrification spell or Evangeline's Eternal Freeze), Soul Manipulation (survived Negi's Manus Jaldae which is said to be a spell that destroys the soul of the target)
Others

Negi's AP is definitely overdue an upgrade. I'll give this a proper look through tomorrow to see what I agree with.

@FrenchStephy, Weather Manipulation is fine from that, and on that page since Negi can break curses given prep time, should he get Resistance to Curse Manipulation or Power Nullfiication from that?

Since he is just breaking curses, I think that Power Nullification is fine, probably limited since it's with prep time and just to curses.

Okay, so Weather Manipulation and Limited Power Nullification are both fine.

As for Manus Jaldae, that likely falls under Soul Manipulation.

Well, at first I wasn't really sure but yeah since Manus Jaldae is highly implied to destroy souls, Soul Manipulation is probably the most accurate to use here.

I think for the high-level demons, Type 4 immortality may apply. It's not strictly reincarnation/resurrection but I don't think any of the others cover them.

Yeah not sure about which type to choose. Type 4 seems to be the most fitting from what I know... But I'm not that versed on all the types of immortality so I can't say for sure.

No, it hasn't.

There was a page from Negi / Eva flashback showing a huge explosion that illuminated Saturn.

Oh, that one.

That reminds me, I wanted to ask something. Do you think we should rework Negi's page? Like giving him all his keys from earlier Negima?

His page could definitely be expanded on a lot. Right now it is very restrained when it should have multiple keys, and he should be updated to Island level for his Post-Rakan Training key.

Yeah, totally agree.

I was thinking of 4 keys:

BoS until Kyoto | Hermann/Mahora Tournament/Chao arc | Post-Rakan Training | Post-Death/Rebirth (when he became immortal after fighting against Dynamis)

What do you think about the speed part of the CRT? Because it could change the speed ratings of many characters (the current MHS+ rating come from that 150 km/s statement from Chamo, right?)

So, I think he'd need five keys to include his new self in UQ Holder:

Kyoto Arc | Mahora Festival Arc | Post-Rakan Training | End of Series | UQ Holder

Do those look good for keys?

As for the speed, I'm not sure. What would you propose his new rating to be exactly?

I'm okay with these keys.

For the speed, I'm not really sure myself. It would give Relativistic speed to Raiten Taisou Negi, but I don't know about base Negi or Rakan.

I just updated the first post. Made a first draft about the differents keys and stuff. Still unsure about early Negima scaling but who cares lol.

Iirc he easily erased the fire spell from Chigusa with a wind spell so he should scale above her. He was comparable at the time to Kotaro who should be stronger than her (since he was able to hurt Hermann), so I think that 8-C (at least with magic) should be fine.

Well, I've added on Immortality to Herrman's profile so you can cross that one off the list in the OP.

We can also add in Weather Manipulation, Soul Manipulation and Resistance to Curses without any problems to Negi.

Thanks! I will add weather manip and the rest later today (going to sleep lol).

For the rest, I'm just waiting on Thespeedforce21's opinion since I asked him to come here and he said he would do so.

I've found some others powers and abilities to add so I've just added them to the OP. Should Negi-Ialda have all of Ialda powers? Seeing that Ainz vs Negi thread made me wondering about that.

Also, shouldn't we wait for staff input before actually updating profiles?

FrenchStephy said:
I've found some others powers and abilities to add so I've just added them to the OP. Should Negi-Ialda have all of Ialda powers?
They're the same being (technically) at this point. Or at least two parts of a whole. Her name is literally there and Negi-Ialda is ultimately "all of Ialda's being + Negi". :D Sort of like DB Fusion, I guess.

FateAlbane said:
They're the same being (technically) at this point. Or at least two parts of a whole. Her name is literally there and Negi-Ialda is ultimately "all of Ialda's being + Negi". :D Sort of like DB Fusion, I guess.
But... Ialda can do so much stuff, it will take me some time to find everything and I'm too lazy to do it.

But well this CRT allowed me to re-read some of my favorite chapters of Negima so it's all worth it lol.

I've added in Self-Sustenance.

The rest of the abilities listed look fine but the Powers & Abilities will need to be split into keys in order for it all to make sense when adding it.

He should also have Statistics Amplification/Speed Enhancement for Shundo.

Thanks. I've already made a draft of his profile with all the new keys and stuff on my computer (I want to make the rest of the changes at once).

I also started to rewrite some of his techniques' descriptions. Also there are some missing techniques that I'm going to add. And you're right about the speed enhancement via Shundo, I will add it later.

Since this calc was accepted, I think we can apply the remaining changes. So, just before I make these changes I just want to know if anyone has anything to add.

When I reread Negima, shouldn't Negi have Power Nullification at base? He restrict himself to use Magic for 3days. This happen on chapter 7.

I'm not sure if Self-Power Nullfication is worth putting on.

Well I remember that this site just index the abilities of the character, the the battles are just secondary.

Oh and in chapter 1 he also read the fortune of Asuna, what would that be? Precog?

Creating an entire world seems like it would be higher than High 6-A.

Wouldn't the area of Mars be about 1/3 of that of the Earth? Because I think Yue once said that the size of the Magic World was 1/3 of the Earth's area.

Actually don't we use the values on the explosion area/radius page to determine the AP when a feat is about creating a world?

Regarding Mars, Mars has about 3.5 times less surface area.

Regarding the calc, I'm not sure, you may need to check with a calc group member.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back