• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
off topic but the guy from the present has some craazy power mimicry dude is a skill god (I beat that yesterday)

I know I said I'd wait a week but I'm a bit afraid I'll get burned out on the thing before even starting, so I may start applying tomorrow if that's fine with everyone, if Gyro's able to comment later we can just make changes on the pages.

Done mostly, obviously have to push out a bunch more profiles and I wanna make the verse page look a bit better, but yeah

Calcs look fine, new visuals makes a lot of things clearer like Oboro's fire trails so that's all fair.

I'm not satisfied with the Cube stuff tbh. He was shown to have those abilities, and has the same abilities + any extra when sent back to his time by Odio. Plus are you sure that Spin Drive would be 10-B? Cube still seems to move somewhat fast, I eyeballed it past 10-A for what it's worth.

Abilities look fine, if it helps I have notes on nearly all minor characters' abilities from the original version in my old Live a Live blog, but otherwise yeah it'd be a case of grinding it out.

I feel like Odio having all of the avatar abilities works either way tbh. The seven chapter bosses seem to be direct creations ("incarnations") of Odio, whereas Oersted, like Straybow, was corrupted, hence why Oersted could escape. You also see images of the avatars during the Sin of Odio fight, but Oersted is physically trapped. But I agree it should all be indexed more clearly.

That stuff aside, props for all the work you put into this man

I will also state something neat I noticed in the true final boss fight

You can actually see Sin of Odio start crying as the fight goes on, likely due to Orested given the dialogue we see on the screen
Live A Live peak JRPG ngl

I'm not satisfied with the Cube stuff tbh. He was shown to have those abilities, and has the same abilities + any extra when sent back to his time by Odio. Plus are you sure that Spin Drive would be 10-B? Cube still seems to move somewhat fast, I eyeballed it past 10-A for what it's worth.
Spin Drive could probably get 10-A or 9-C though getting weight would be a real pain (something his size would probably be a couple dozen kg but Huey lifts him without issue which is kinda weird), but there's the matter of Cube being overpowered pretty easily by Kirk, who I doubt is that strong.

Again I don't really think it's realistic he'd have a particle cannon built in, as well as a function to shut down human beings' nerves, given he's just a support robot who's totally defenseless against the behemoth, who dies to (admittedly futuristic) gunfire. As for him getting them back when sent to his time, the only time we get to see it is vs OD-10 which would still be a hacking battle.

To be frank this doesn't really make sense one way or the other, him having those moves makes no sense but him getting them upon getting tossed into the final chapter doesn't either unless you wanna use the battery item you power him with as an explanation, which is something but is damn iffy. Personally I'd rather play it safe.

I do like the thought of Cube coming back to his time and Kato immediately freaking out when he realizes he's inexplicably suddenly armed to the teeth
Abilities look fine, if it helps I have notes on nearly all minor characters' abilities from the original version in my old Live a Live blog, but otherwise yeah it'd be a case of grinding it out.
Yeah unfortunately the new descriptions (and animations) are what I need, so grinding is the only option, unless the LAL wiki updated them first (and to their degree they've been updating stuff very thoroughly).

I've done the grinding in Middle Ages and Prehistory already (got the Cola Bottle to drop on my first try lol), the only one left would be to grind the Mimic Mammet/O-Robo to level 15 to see his moves.
I feel like Odio having all of the avatar abilities works either way tbh. The seven chapter bosses seem to be direct creations ("incarnations") of Odio, whereas Oersted, like Straybow, was corrupted, hence why Oersted could escape. You also see images of the avatars during the Sin of Odio fight, but Oersted is physically trapped. But I agree it should all be indexed more clearly.
Come to think of it given he's drawn in their power there's probably a pretty good argument Sin of Odio inherits their powers, since he does inherit their power, my only issue is that basically of them are equipment-based, physiology-based or skill-based, which all don't seem to be things SoO inherits (arguable for skill but it seems relatively mindless). Plus, resistances are clearly not inherited.
That stuff aside, props for all the work you put into this man
Thanks man, I'm glad it shows.

Last edited:
Back