• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

UQ Holder getting a page or negima page being updated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reppuzan said:
@Damage
That's still not his power since it requires another character to use.

When you make a profile you're supposed to have a certain level of completion otherwise it's subject to deletion. Without citations, the profile has basically no meaning.

I'm being especially harsh here because you guys don't seem to understand our standards at all.
Perhaps instead of being especially harsh you should just be helpful since this is an internet forum for fun and not super serious business? If the profile is written badly you should just offer guidance and make the corrections when needed, not berate people trying to take part in the forum for the first time on their first profile...

The profile, overall, is not written that badly since it primarily just needs some citations. There isn't exactly a time limit in the rules anywhere for how complete a profile needs to be after its initial creation... How do you know that the profile wasn't going to be ammended and its faults fixed today?

And I guess its neither of their power then since both of them require each other to activate it?

Reppuzan said:
@Damage
I don't care who did it. I'm annoyed that it happened at all.
You clearly do care who did it since you accused me of doing it in the first place! Way to do your research before accusing somebody of plagarism.

@Damage

This place is for fun, but you need to be accurate.

The Time Manipulation is Kirie's power, not Touta's. End of story.

Reppuzan said:
@Damage
This place is for fun, but you need to be accurate.

The Time Manipulation is Kirie's power, not Touta's. End of story.
Yes, it needs to be accurate, which is why being helpful rather than harsh would go a lot further to helping us improve our accuracy. In short; don't be dicks to newcomers.

The Time Stop is a power that cannot be activated without both Touta and Kirie; do combo moves get mentioned anywhere in characters profiles?

It's still Kirie's power, not Touta's.

He can't activate it on his own because it's an aspect of Kirie's power. It would go on her page, not Touta's since it's not part of his powers.

The reason why I'm being so harsh is because the majority of the people on this thread are trying to wiggle around basic conventions and are ignoring basic policy.

Reppuzan said:
It's still Kirie's power, not Touta's.
He can't activate it on his own because it's an aspect of Kirie's power. It would go on her page, not Touta's since it's not part of his powers.

The reason why I'm being so harsh is because the majority of the people on this thread are trying to wiggle around basic conventions and are ignoring basic policy.
If you're referring to the lightning thing, that whole discussion was pretty much unrelated.

Now the main issue seems to be the plagarism, and the lack of citations. Well both of those seems like pretty easy fixes, right? So if you had just mentioned that those were the issues you had with the profile, we could have started rewriting it instantly and improved upon it.

Just accusing me of plagarism and ******** on the profile by threatening to delete it goes a long way towards sucking the fun out of it... How about we start the discussion over and work on fixing it so that it lives up to the sites standards?

After all this was the initial profile for Deku and it was certainly improved over time: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Izuku_Midoriya?diff=96889&oldid=96888

This is the reason for why Touta had instinctive reaction in the profile.

The Pseudo-Flight doesn't come from Magia Erebea, but from Touta being able to use Midair Shundo to kick off the air.

Though the elemental intangbility comes from a special form, I think it should be added to the profile in a separate key for Thunder in Heaven; Great Vigor. Same with the electricity manipulation.

@Damage

Raiten Taiso does not provide Elemental Intangibility to the best of my knowledge.

Provide a scan, then we'll talk.

Reppuzan said:
@Damage
Raiten Taiso does not provide Elemental Intangibility to the best of my knowledge.

Provide a scan, then we'll talk.
Here is Negi in his lightning form not being hurt by an ordinary physical attack.

Also, Midair Shundo is a named technique in the series so I've added that back in.

@Damage

I can agree with Elemental Intangibility.

But Midair Shundo is just Shundo in mid-air. It's not really notable to have it as a separate technique.

It's like labeling "fire gun mid-air" as seperate form "fire gun on the ground".

Reppuzan said:
@Damage
I can agree with Elemental Intangibility.

But Midair Shundo is just Shundo in mid-air. It's not really notable to have it as a separate technique.

It's like labeling "fire gun mid-air" as seperate form "fire gun on the ground".

I know what you mean, but it's literally named in series. It's a named technique. An ordinary shundo needs a solid surface to move from. A Midair Shundo (literally translated as Void Instant Movement) is done from the air.

I also had added Attack Reflection earlier because Touta can redirect / absorb and fire back magic attacks sent his way. I thought it worth mentioning.

@Damage

I remember what you're talking about now, but would you mind digging through the manga so we can add it in as a citation.

I added it back in, but I noted that he did so accidentally and cannot do so on command.

Touta can control it better now.

Here are the girls preparing and launching a magical attack on Touta when he was split into three bodies.

Here are the Touta's absorbing and firing it back at them.

Damage3245 said:
7th Ki'oon said:
True, but the manga has been having frequent miswording issues, so the anime is being used as a codifier, of sorts. Especially since, the Manga-Ka worked on the scripts.
What do you mean miswording issues?
Mistakes in dates/time frames, translation errors, that are always kept for volumes, despite the translators always being made aware of them.

Amexim said:
Also, I need a source for that "Manga-Ka working on the Anime's script" because that has to be wrong. The pacing in UQ Holder (Anime) is absolute garbage.
He's credited under scenario, in the (shock) credits.

The manga is still the primary canon and the most complete, since the anime cuts out a lot of stuff.

I thought you meant he actually had influence over the Anime's trash pacing. Which I don't think he does.

I agree with Reppuzan. You are not allowed to plagiarise, have to strive for accuracy, and cannot ignore our standards and conveniences.

Also, we definitely need to keep our Discussion Rules page, as we simply do not have the time, patience, and energy to keep being tied up by the same discussions over and over. If you are going to stay in this wiki, you have to follow our regulations.

Antvasima said:
I agree with Reppuzan. You are not allowed to plagiarise, have to strive for accuracy, and cannot ignore our standards and conveniences.
Also, we definitely need to keep our Discussion Rules page, as we simply do not have the time, patience, and energy to keep being tied up by the same discussions over and over. If you are going to stay in this wiki, you have to follow our regulations.
The standards weren't being properly followed but since it was Skylietz' first time making a profile, and the fixes were relatively easy to implement, I think Reppuzan was being unnecessarily harsh when the whole thing could have been resolved with some advice and corrections.

Users, including mods, should have some standard of decency and that doesn't involve accusing the wrong users of plagiarism and threatening to delete a page when it was nowhere near as bad as some pages are one their first few hours of creation.

Our staff members are generally strictly following acceptable standards of decency, but we have to mainly look out for the overall quality of the wiki itself.

Don't expect new members to be perfect on the beginning, I also think such harshness from Reppuzan were unnecessary,

in that case I suggest you guys made this wikia a private community, prevent any regular member to make a profile page, lock all of the pages, ban / silent any members who are keep disagreeing with staffs etc, this will save your time and energy, and the wikia will be much more manageable

You are greatly exaggerating. We are doing massive amounts of free work to maintain this community, and I consistently try to be as helpful and reasonable as I can, but we have to consider the wellbeing of the wiki itself first and foremost.

Anyway, I suppose that Reppuzan could have been a bit more tactful, but it isn't easy to be perfectly diplomatic a 100% of the time.

But that's kinda the thing. If you make it impossible for certain topics to be spoken about and certain rules to be changed-- even crucial ones-- then the wiki can't necessarily grow. How do you know that your procedures are always perfect? Everyday people learn new shit about how their old shit was dumb shit, right? Even after a lengthy period of time. It just seems like your attempts to preserve the wiki go against what you're also trying to preserve (discussion, innovation, and setting out on the path to the most accurate information). What if new information comes out about a previously banned discussion topic that can change the entire verse's ratings? Or what if there's situations like what I spoke of above? It's just counter intuitive to have a place where there's supposed to be discussion and gathering of information and ban certain topics.

America is the perfect example of why you shouldn't ban speech-- despite it being problematic. Here, we argue about complex shit, and simple shit, and misinformation and truth get muddied easily. But at least we're closer to the truth than if the government legislated things to be true. Debate grows both parties. Without it, no one learns anything.

I agree with Skylietz's statement. I feel like, while you have good intentions, there's conflict between both of your ideas. I mean, you definitely have been doing a good job, but your way of doing things isn't consistent. And telling people to "leave if they don't like it" right before them questioning why you do what you do the way you do it, and being a part of the community requesting a change, for example, doesn't help anyone out. But whatever. Do you Ant.

Look, this place is overwhelmingly hard to manage as it is. We have to make sure that it does not completely overexert the staff. Then nothing here would work, and the wiki would quickly turn completely chaotic and unreliable. That is one of my main concerns when attempting to manage this place.

Also, it is extremely against our regulations to attempt to actively undermine our policies. I definitely do not have the energy to deal with it.

In any case, all of you are explicitly forbidden to ever attempt to undermine our policies again, as it turns you into net negative liabilities for the wellbeing of the wiki.

People who constantly work as time sinks for the staff, and sow destructive dissent within the community, eventually likely have to be removed.

However, you can continue to discuss UQ Holder if you wish.

I've never tried to undermine any policies... I didn't even create the original profile for Touta; I've just been making edits to try and improve it.

The only thing I complained about was the harsh response to the first draft of the profile, and being accused to plagarism.

I was referring to attempting to get rid of the Discussion Rules page.

However, I am currently mentally exhausted, so my sense of judgement isn't in the best condition, and attempts to cause the wiki workload to turn twice as unmanageable and overwhelming as currently easily act as a trigger.

@Amexim, Skylietz, and Damage

I apologize for being overly harsh. I get worked up when I see a page that isn't up to standards.

Still, if it's your first time making a page then you really should come to me or one of the other admins who are more experienced for advice.

And we are not getting rid of discussion rules to accommodate a few people. Otherwise we'd be arguing the same dozens of threads that were explicitly banned because they've been discussed to death.

@Reppuzan; did you see the two images I linked for Touta reflecting the magic attack back at the girls? I think that means we can drop the 'accident' qualifier to his power description.

For reference;

Here are the girls preparing and launching a magical attack on Touta when he was split into three bodies.

Here are the Touta's absorbing and firing it back at them.

When Touta is learning to split the energies inside of him, he ends up controlling the hula hoops and balls he is practicing with in an odd way.

Here you can see that many of them are simply floating and spinning around him while he is separating the energies.

Here he does it again, walking while spinning all of the floating hula hoops and balls.

Is this some kind of limited form of telekinesis, or wind manipulation?

I guess until it comes up again it doesn't need to be mentioned. They don't exactly explain it in the manga so far.

@Damage

I don't think it would be much of a problem to include that, but I don't think he's used it in combat.

Damage3245 said:
I guess until it comes up again it doesn't need to be mentioned. They don't exactly explain it in the manga so far.
literally the answer 99% time in the series.

Is this enough to give Touta possibly instinctive reactions?

Also should Touta get Resistance to Sealing once he has Magia Erebea activated like here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back