• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ZephyrosOmega said:
No need for the sarcasm, Matt.
It's absolutely true. Sonic in this wiki is choked by an echo-chamber of people that just support each other in every upgrade imaginable and nobody does anything because the walls are impenetrable to outsiders.

It's true for most verses actually.

And if you complain? Boo Hoo you're just a hater / opponent get of my lawn and let me wank with my friends who like the series!

She said the exact opposite on Discord, and saying she's all for it simply means she would like to see it. Not that the reason in the OP is legit to her. She said she was tired of Sonic threads being spammed and people dog-piling against everyone who argues against the OP. But anyway, still in the middle of writing my refute.

When did any of this ever excuse the need of hostile sarcasm? I would rather be around someone that disagrees with me on powerscaling but has a respectful attitude, then someone that has a character as the same level as my interpretation but is a humongous asshole about it to others.

Now can we ALL take a deep breath and not let this go to a negative discussion like Sonic threads often becomes?

MYHERO said:
When did any of this ever excuse the need of hostile sarcasm? I would rather be around someone that disagrees with me on powerscaling but has a respectful attitude, then someone that has a character as the same level as my interpretation but is a humongous asshole about it to others.

Now can we all take a deep breath and not let this go to a negative discussion like Sonic threads often becomes?
This times a million.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
She said the exact opposite on Discord, and saying she's all for it simply means she would like to see it. Not that the reason in the OP is legit to her. She said she was tired of Sonic threads being spammed and people dog-piling against everyone who argues against the OP. But anyway, still in the middle of writing my refute.
People don't dogpile just because they argue against any refute, that's normal debating, and she straight up is talking with Shadow in private about this, why can't she just say it here intead of people appealing to her opinion from world of mouth of other people

Matthew Schroeder said:
ZephyrosOmega said:
It's absolutely true. Sonic in this wiki is choked by an echo-chamber of people that just support each other in every upgrade imaginable and nobody does anything because the walls are impenetrable to outsiders.

And if you complain? Boo Hoo you're just a hater / opponent get of my lawn and let me wank with my friends who like the series!
Matthew. The only reason why Sonic threads get toxic is literally because of the attitude you're showcasing here. Either you grow up and actually refute something or you can leave this thread completely. All you're doing is bringing harmful toxic behavior like this which ends up turning these threads into garbage. Also, you calling us "wankers" doesn't make your situation any better either.

Matthew Schroeder said:
ZephyrosOmega said:

Pot, meet kettle.

Alright settle down folks (this is why I'm always so hesitant to approach Sonic threads), I'm just going to wait and see what constructive arguments DDM will bring to the debate then after weighing both arguments, I might be willing to change my neutral stance (tbh I just want the Sonic threads to settle down for awhile).

Also let's try not get into fallacies here.

@Matt you need to knock it off now.Stop it with this stuck up additude and ******** on Sonic fans it's childish and ******* old.Either contribute and prove your claims or get out of here the last thing we need is this additude.Accusing people of such and having this snarky attitude makes you just as bad as the people you claim Sonic fans are.

I'm as neutral as I can possibly be with this. Like, I really don't care. Whenever I get back to Sonic, if I find something wrong with this, I'll just downgrade it again (it's not rocket science). But I'm juggling way too many verses right now and a dozen Sonic threads isn't helping. Like for real, there's this, 2-A Persona, and 3-A KH Re:Coded I have to deal with.

Guys it's best not to feed into this by saying "Matt you're just being childish and toxic and you should **** off!" or stuff like that.

I can relate to your sentiments deeply, but it's just gonna feed into the toxicity and ironically enough make this thread into another echos chamber of finger pointing and going after people's throat as if this is something bigger then it needs to be.

Basically don't let the vibe here drag you down or else the vibe will illuminate even greater.

MYHERO said:
Guys it's best not to feed into this by saying "Matt you're just being childish and toxic and you should **** off!" or stuff like that.
I can relate to your sentiments deeply, but it's just gonna feed into the toxicity and ironically enough make this thread into another echos chamber of finger pointing and going after people's throat as if this is something bigger then it needs to be.

Basically don't let the vibe here drag you down or else the vibe will illuminate even greater.
big mood

Matthew Schroeder, are you going to bother actually providing constructive arguments or did you just come on here to literally waste your time complaining about how "muh Sonic is wanked" even though you never properly address the points that are made? Because if it's the latter, I suggest you leave as you're not contributing anything.

MYHERO said:

vibe will Illumina even bigger ovo.

Yeah we all need to calm down and take a step back because we can't let the additude of one person bring everything and everyone around the thread down.

@Sera, the second statement, you said "You wouldn't even use Sonic Shuffle". Also, I agree with Sera that 10 people responding to Matt is cut and paste definition of "dog piling." Anyway, still writing my refute; only about half way there.

I wouldn't use Shuffle over say, Colors or Generations (games that came after it) due to the law of continuity. That means if any future game contradicts Sonic Shuffle, I wouldn't use it.

This is why Mortal Kombats 1-3 are non-canon, because Mortal Kombat trilogy retconned them.

This is why I like Archie more because it doesn't feel like I need a biohazard suit to enter these threads.

Anyway,is there any response against the whole dreams becoming true thing?As I've seen nothing really addressing that so far so I'll wait for DDM's refute but if anyone does have any counter to it that would be nice to see about now.

Doesn't exactly have to be retconned for the law of continuity to take effect. That's why I'm casually going over some things to double check, and that's before even getting into the actual "it's 2-B" part.

I agree with Sera.

Everybody says its childish to throw insults on a thread where everyone was chilling, and I agree with that. However, just because one person insults doesn't mean others should insult them or note that they're going to ignore them.

If you guys really want to solve the toxic errors that happen on these threads, just ignore what's common by now and don't say you are. If you don't feed a spark it doesn't become a fire, just let it burn out.

I don't dislike anyone here and I hope you'll all follow good examples and drop this immediately.

Regardless, I did make a 2-B point earlier that didn't go against the scans provided. If DDM can refute that, it's all good, case closed. Otherwise, we should prepare to close this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back