• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sonic Cosmology 5Ds: Dreams, Dimensions, Data, Delusions, and Downgrades

Continuing on from this thread, but with some minor tweaks as a result of the recently passed hypertimeline CRT.

For context once again, please read this blog.

1. Upgrading Cyberspace and Otherworld to 5-D size constructs.

My stance on this has remained more or less the same compared to the previous thread. For similar reasons as Maginaryworld, I propose that Cyberspace and Otherworld get upgraded to 5-D status in dimensionality, on the basis of being infinite 4-D space+time. More information in the blog. Initially, I was hoping to make Cyberspace 6-D as well, but 6-D only exists from concepts that inherently transcend Cyberspace, so I chose to ignore it.

2. Axing Solaris' 7-D existence.

Currently, Solaris gets this via transcending the hypertimeline. I cover this in the blog, but to make a long story short, Solaris' superdimensional nature in comparison to Maginaryworld is something that can be proven by all versions of '06, whereas Solaris' transcendence of the hypertimeline comes from a single line about Solaris "anchoring itself" in the dimension of the hypertimeline that's only in the English version (and has a completely different meaning in the original sub). Solaris should just be a flat 6th dimensional entity.

3. Not all dreams are the same size

While every dream is accepted to reach a Low 2-C size, I do not believe every dream should qualify as 5-D. The only 5-D dreams that can be concretely proven are Maginaryworld, Cyberspace, and Otherworld, all of which have a specialized context (Maginaryworld and Cyberspace are a conglomeration of over thousands of dreams spanning 10,000+ years at minimum, and Otherworld was constructed with a mystical Phantom Ruby power source on par with the Chaos Emeralds). That said, Cyberspace should be larger than Otherworld despite both being 5-D, as Cyberspace has more evidence to be a larger construct due to the aforementioned larger quantity of individuals' dreams. And Maginaryworld would obviously be larger than Cyberspace.

All of this is to say that characters who interact with individual dreams (like Nightmare Eggman) should not inherently receive all 5-D versions of dream-related hax, unless they are specifically interacting with the aforementioned 5-D dreams.

Also, I decided to axe the stuff with Metal Sonic from the last thread since it was pretty unanimously agreed that Super Neo and Master Overlord don't get big boy scaling.

Hopefully this works out.

Agree: DarkDragonMedeus, Maverick_Zero_X

Disagree:

Neutral:

Last edited:
Agreed with the OP. Since many things here have already been fly in previous threads, I guess there should be no problem.

I agree with everything. My reasoning for point 1 isn't the same as yours, but I don't think it matters. You could just add the fact that Sage refers to Cyberspace as a a different "dimensional plane" as supplementary evidence.

(1:45)

Okay I'm back.

I'll re-iterate my agreement with no more 7-D, as I said before, since Solaris' superdimensional nature is now covered by it existing throughout a higher temporal dimension across past/present/future. So its super-d statement now just solidifies 6-D.

I agree with Cyber Space and Otherworld being 5-D dream realms via extenuating circumstances, and that not all dreams default to 5-D.

I also agree that not everything dream-related defaults to 5-D potency, and that it would need to stem from interacting/creating/destroying/etc. Them for such potency to be valid.

So, full agreement. Nice work.

Bump, just need 1 more (or is it 3, I’m not sure, technically we already have 5-D but does every 5-D boost need 5 staff I’m not sure)

Bump, just need 1 more (or is it 3, I’m not sure, technically we already have 5-D but does every 5-D boost need 5 staff I’m not sure)
The 6D one didn't and this one hasn't had any opposition (yet) so 3 should be fine.

Last edited:
That, plus upgrade Cyberspace and Otherworld from Sonic channel to 5-D (and in turn make any haxxes corresponding to them 5-D)

Back