• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Touhou Discussion Thread 3 ⌈Eternal Fantasy Edition⌋

and nobody will scale to those who travel to Eientei (because that's stupid)
wait nvm I changed my mind after wasted hours of reading 2hu wiki, thinking, and typing this
I agree

my original train of thought on why the acausality scale was more or less like this
  1. Kaguya casts eternity spell on Eientei which stopped causality and time
  2. The spell granted everything on Eientei a pseudo-type 5 Acausality type 4
  3. Imperishable Night protagonist gets the same Acausality for interacting with Eientei crew
  4. Interacting with Imperishable Night protagonist outside of the game grants the same Acausality
which now that I think about it, point #4 simply doesn't work

but I think I'll send this anyway since I wasted hours on this

starting with Kaguya's ability to manipulate eternity first

according to Akyuu on what eternity is :
As eternity refers to a world with no history, it is also a world where change is eternally unknown.
No matter how much you may try to bring about change in such a world, it is futile in a world where time has essentially stopped.
at one point, Eirin built Eientei somewhere deep within Bamboo Forest of the Lost and have Kaguya applied her eternity spell.

Aya described visiting Eientei in her article as :
When visiting Eientei, only the faintest amount of light reaches the bottom, so everything is dark, and the only sounds that can be heard are the bamboo leaves rustling in the wind. You cannot tell if it's day or night, or if your friend is present or absent. It is as though this forest has taken on the illusion of existing outside the flow of time and history.
According to Akyuu, Eientei suddenly appeared in human history because Kaguya undid the effects of her eternity magic.
It is believed that Eientei suddenly appeared in human history and began to experience the passage of time because she undid the effects of her eternity magic.
Under the effects of that magic, Eientei would probably have never appeared in the human world, forever remaining hidden in the Bamboo Forest of the Lost.
keep in mind that The Hieda family's Gensokyo Chronicles is beyond Keine's powers.

Despite of that, at one point, Tewi managed to find Eientei and later Udonge as well which make sense since they are youkai with type 1 Acausality thanks to Keine. Both of them lived normally there while Eientei is under Kaguya's eternity spell is also type 4 Acausality feat for them as they are able to interact with things that are supposedly unchanging. Oh, ig the Aca type 4 applicable for Kaguya herself and Eirin as well for living there.

Eirin believed that as long as humans don't find Eientei, its history does not move forward.
Eientei is an unusual structure. As long as humans don't find it, its history does not move forward. It's the product of the princess' control over eternity and my own knowledge. That the mansion's history never moves forward means that nothing that occurs here will become recorded history.
Some of this is true as humans did found Eientei. Well, not the humans wo could get erased along with the human village from Keine's eating history, but the humans like Reimu, Marisa, Sakuya, and half of Youmu during the Eternal Night incident (Eirin can see the future???), passed through the Bamboo Forest of the Lost despite Tewi's ability to keep people away by befuddling them and were supposedly help ensure that no humans would ever approach but failed., found and managed to get and act fine inside Eientei that's supposedly only appear in human history after Kaguya undo her spell (so the good end of IN) according to Akyuu's Gensokyo Chronicle which was supposedly to be above Keine's power over history according to Akyuu herself.
The Hieda family's Gensokyo Chronicles is beyond her powers. Thus, it is not her history but ours.
So, Imperishable Night protagonists have feats of type 4 Acausality for being able to interact inside Eientei just fine, especially for interacting (or more accurately, beat them in danmaku) with the people inside Eientei.

There's this crazy scan from the beta version of the Chinese translation that says youkai manipulate the plot of reality and that Gensokyo transcends duality and infinite dimensions.
OOh , at last we have an instance about plot manipulation in the verse? By the way, how are you doing with narratograph? Have you gathered enough info or is there much more to go?

OOh , at last we have an instance about plot manipulation in the verse? By the way, how are you doing with narratograph? Have you gathered enough info or is there much more to go?
There already is some debatable plot stuff in Touhou, but Fujiwara's post was just doing an inside joke about another verse's recent controversy.

A bit unrelated, but since Peak of combat released in english, I think. I have seen endless videos about how it's an awful game and the worst one in the series. I can't imagine going to the effort of playing a bad game just to wank a character, couldn't be me, just saying.

Long way to go, it's a decently long read and I'm not super familiar with it (unlike everything else I've done thus far, which I've at least had baseline knowledge on). The biggest thing so far is that I'm now 3 for 3 on statements confirming that spell card users Fucking Explode when defeated, so get ready for some funny regen arguments (not that 90% of the cast needed them).
also plot hax is looking pretty solid even without marratograph tbh
There already is some debatable plot stuff in Touhou, but Fujiwara's post was just doing an inside joke about another verse's recent controversy.
What do you mean, the scans are 100% real they're just in the closed beta test and were removed from the global release-

EVERYONE WAKE THE FUCK UP

NEW STRANGE CREATORS OF OUTER WORLD COMING JANUARY 31ST, AFTER A THREE YEAR HIATUS
  • NEW CURIOSITIES OF LOTUS ASIA
  • NEW ZUN INTERVIEWS
  • COVERAGE OF TOUHOU 18-19
  • BREAKDOWN OF ABILITY CARDS
IM LOSING MY GODDAMN MIND

NEW STRANGE CREATORS OF OUTER WORLD COMING JANUARY 31ST, AFTER A THREE YEAR HIATUS
  • NEW ZUN INTERVIEWS

3x.webp

• NEW ZUN INTERVIEWS

Can't wait when the new information in those scans somewhat end up conflicting with the prior scans, just because ZUN's drunk af : ^)

• NEW ZUN INTERVIEWS

I actually didn't follow SCoOW but man, does this news will be so ******* helpful for our agenda! Now i want to see what we'll get

Genso Narratograph is 100% done, very happy I was able to finish that in a couple days. Volume 10 of SCoOW is on its way (should be here early February; IIRC, the guidebook Shmooply offered to buy will also be arriving around then, so I'll have no shortage of new material to work with. As far as what Narratograph brought to the table, it actually gave a lot of explicit statements supporting verse mechanics like subjective reality or youkai spirit manipulation, and the new info provided is both consistent with canon and also very notable in its own right (in other words, even if we treat it as tertiary canon, we'll be getting a lot out of this book).

Flandre actually benefits the most here, as her ability to destroy "tags" means she can destroy more abstract things like a person's powers, species, or even their fate. Between this and SFW/CDS, she's doing pretty well for herself.

Flandre actually benefits the most here, as her ability to destroy "tags" means she can destroy more abstract things like a person's powers, species, or even their fate. Between this and SFW/CDS, she's doing pretty well for herself.
since Reimu and Marisa get 90% of the feats in the series... how much do they benefit besides Flandre? also what the heck with destroying fate, that seems crazy

Back