• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Touhou General Revisions (Tier 2 Removal, Hax Revisions)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinsye

She/Her
Thanks to SaikouTLK and Ultima_Reality for helping me make this thread.

This was originally going to be a downgrade thread but things got out of hand fast. So now it’s both. Massive upgrades and massive downgrades.

The main issue with Touhou profiles is that they take text way too literally and connect unrelated items to make abilities that don't exist in the first place. So we're just going to go through most of those abilities and point out which are bull.

However, first...

Infinite Speed
I don’t find these speed feats very convincing personally. Due to a variety of reasons.

First, let’s get Kaguya’s infinite corridor out of the way. While I do believe that it is genuinely an infinite corridor, I don’t believe this specific instance is a demonstration of crossing an infinite distance via pure speed.

One, we do have a finite timeframe for all of this. They cross it in a notable amount of time, so we would need some extraordinary proof that they walked through an infinite corridor through sheer speed.

And two, we do know Kaguya’s endless corridor itself is a spell which means it could pretty easily be altered in such a way. Though that’s a minor point.

Third. If characters had infinite speed, then the corridor would not be treated as a trap. However, it pretty blatantly is a trap. So, why would this be considered a trap at all if characters could move at infinite speeds and reach the end.

Fourth. It is treated as according to plan that the characters reach the end of the corridor. They aren’t an infinite distance away, and instead near the fake moon which they were led to. Obviously, if they overpowered the trap via sheer speed then Eirin should both be surprised and this little gimmick should not have worked at all. I’m fairly sure they were specifically let out of this corridor by Kaguya in order to be tricked into running into a fake moon.

And also, the ship feat doesn’t make sense to me. A corner does not necessarily mean an infinite distance away, or the edge of the world even. We shouldn’t be handing infinite speed by default, as we have no reason to think that the ship itself was infinitely away from this location.
Hax Revisions
So, I'm going to break these into multiple sections because there's a lot of them but most of these are very straightforward since they're really bad. A lot of it is flowery language or vague ass scans taken way out of context. So...

"Passive" Fear Aura
This one is one of the worst offenders. Not only are the scans taken entirely out of context, but they're completely contradicted.

To get the contradictions out of the way, Kogasa Tatara. Her entire character is her being unable to scare people, and
literally starving because of this. This would be significantly less of a problem if she could just turn on a fear aura and cause people to passively get scared. So that's already a massive contradiction.

Secondly, the scans aren't even fear manip. The first set of scans says that youkai have an aura, which doesn't prove fear manip. The second scan is absolutely not fear manip if you read the original source. The youkai herself was scared, not the people around her. The third scan is isn't necessarily fear manipulation by default and we shouldn't assume it to be. It's much more likely that she was just nervous from the amount of youkai energy, and it's flowery language.

Youkai Mid-Godly
Fairly simple. Mid-Godly requires the complete destruction of the body, soul, and mind (+ whatever other incorporeal essence there might be). This does not apply to Youkai as they explicitly need their mind to survive. If you were to take over the mind of a youkai, they can't regenerate. Thus they should be put back to Low-Godly.

Reminder, it says Youkai's bodies are mostly made out of spirit. Temperament from what I know also mostly covers emotions, instead of the mind itself. Thus, I don't think that's enough evidence to overturn this contradiction.

Hourai Immortal High-Godly
Also simple, Hourai Immortals are explicitly reliant on their souls to survive. Saying that they can regenerate from the destruction of the soul is pretty silly. The whole Lunarian thing is just resistance at best, and even then Sagume’s info manipulation has not been used offensively to erase people so even that is shaky at best. It should just be Low-Godly, no resistance.

Spirit Manipulation things should be noted later.

Limited Conceptual Manip (Type 1)
Comes from this set of scans. This is another vague connection that shouldn't have ever been done in the first place. People defining their spell cards does not mean literally manipulating the abstract concept of the card create them. They just give it a meaning through applying a name to it, like how a person can give a word a meaning.

Second scan is also totally useless because nobody in-verse is saying that. It's simply ZUN going through his philosophy on designing spell cards, so anything he says would be meaningless in regards to the in-verse creation of spell cards.

Lunarian Type 1 Immortality
Lunarians require complete purity in order to be truly immortal, in which the moon does not have. Thus, they aren’t completely immortal like the Celestials and will probably die some day.

Acausality Type 4
The scan about Gensokyo having a slower flow of time is false, mostly because time passes mostly the same in both the outside world and the human world. The context is also heavily cropped, as the scan is talking about how long it would take for a ropeway to be finished. They say it can be finished at any time because time passes slowly/leisurely around here.

So, with that context it's pretty obviously metaphorical language for how Gensokyo is a pretty relaxed place. Not anything for acausality. This wouldn’t even grant acausality in the first place, as time having slower movement doesn’t really say anything about the nature of causality as it would still function normally. Thus, you can probably throw this entire scan out.

The Eientei is not actually separated from causality either, it is simply under the effects of Kaguya's eternity manipulation. This means that it's completely static, giving off the illusion that it is immune to change. Not that it actually is. Existing within this realm would not give any form of acausality, because the illusion is that nothing can change due to everything being frozen, not a separate realm in it's entirety.\

Dream Stuff
Meiling shouldn't be 5-C, as everything that happened to her is a dream. Dreams are real, however this does not mean they are direct reflections of reality, they are only just as real as reality.

In Doremy's profile, it's even explicitly stated that one can turn into anything in dreams. Doremy has to keep watch over people who realize this to make sure that they don't completely abuse it. This scan should not be used as the default assumption that everything in dreams is equal to reality by default, as nowhere is that stated. Applying this one character to a cosmological assumption is pretty silly.

Resistances
Resistance to Subjective Reality and Transmutation should be removed, as it isn't a resistance. Youkai used to be shaped by human thoughts but now they're not. That's simply an alteration/removal of their weakness in their physiology, not a resistance.

Resistance to Soul Manipulation should be removed because nobody actually demonstrates any of that. Literally everybody in Gensokyo is fine after the fact, and we have no demonstrations of resistance other than "well they exist after the event happened".

Hourai Immortals resistance to probability isn't very strong, due to the vagueness of the ability in general. We shouldn't assume it should allow people to kill Hourai Immortals by default. Kaguya keeps hers though.

Eientei isn't really a frozen flow of time. It's Kaguya's eternity manipulation applying to the area to make everything static. I wouldn't say this would apply to an inhabitant coming in from the outside.

Phantoms don't instantly take effect on others as the scan even notes that it happens over time and I don't think people sleep with phantoms or whatever. If they have feats of living with a phantom for extended periods of time, then they can get the resistance but otherwise it should be axed.

Resistance to Doremy's stuff, I'm fairly sure that falls under the Spell Card Rules so it shouldn't be a resistance. It's just an effect of the rules.

Resistance to Necromancy is goofy, because you aren't resisting anything there. You just don't leave a corpse behind when you die. This is not a relevant "resistance" to have.

Yukari has a resistance to power null, but it states that most foreign boundaries are negated. It doesn't say that no boundaries are allowed, so I kind of doubt that too.

Non-Physical Interaction
People cannot punch abstracts, that's a lie. Nobody punches the actual abstract forms of the gods, from what I know. Every time the gods are fought, they take physical form to be interacted with by normal people.

Nothing really has to be changed here just noting that.

Spirit Manipulation
Big doozy on this one. Let's take it power by power.

First off. This definitely is not durability negation in any form. In the games, spirit doesn't even drain
when you attack an enemy normally. The only way you drain spirit is by hitting somebody who is guarding incorrectly. Assuming that it absorbs the soul with every basic attack is false when that is demonstrably not the case.

Second off. It isn't necessarily power null either, it's just reducing a resource pool so that you have none. This also means that this spirit manipulation shouldn't work out-of-verse either, as we wouldn't assume that characters function on the 'spirit' resource pool that exists in Touhou.

Third. Not Mid-Godly. Already contradicted by the fact that Youkai need their minds to survive, but replenishing a resource which is clearly not necessary for the basis of their existence (or else they would just die if they run out of spirit. Absolutely nothing indicates that your soul stops existing the second you run out of Spirit) does not necessitate Mid-Godly.

So, Spirit Manipulation is not this almighty hax that completely nullifies an enemy. It is a specific resource pool within Touhou that is used to cast attacks, defenses, and whatnot that can be drained. Thus, the page should be changed to reflect that.

Character Specific Stuff
Yukari Yakumo has fear manipulation via this scan. Except this isn't fearhax because it's simply Eirin being scared of Yukari, and the implications of the Lunar Invasion. Flowery language once again.

Kogasa also has fear manip for dumb reasons, as said above she literally is unable to scare others as a major part of her character. All forms of Kogasa's "fearhax" is literally just her jumping out of the bushes and saying boo. So she and other Tsukumogami should get their fearhax thrown out as well.

Koishi Komeiji currently has Nonexistent Physiology, but she is not actually so. The qualification for NEP is that you need to be physically nonexistent as well, which Koishi absolutely does not qualify for because people can pretty easily interact with her physically. They just can't remember she exists. It's also noted that she hasn't reached that state of enlightenment where she would be nonexistent yet. She's close, but not there.

High Tier to God Tier AP Alterations
The biggest part of the revision.
According to this past thread, Otherworlds (i e Hell, Gensokyo, and etc) are currently considered to each be Low 2-C structures on the basis that they are referred to as being braneworlds in the following scans:

To get to the point: This logic doesn't hold up. A "brane", as a quick read through the Wikipedia lage can tell you, is just the term given to a type of mathematical object like any other, whose dimensionality can be whatever it is defined to be. Strings are example of 1-dimensional Branes, for instance, and the name itself comes from "membrane," the 2-dimensional instances of those things.

In fact, even in the context of brane cosmology, they are not automatically spacetimes, or even 4-D structures at all. For example, our universe is often posited to be a 3-brane (A 3-D brane, obviously), set in parallel to other branes in a higher-dimensional bulk, and with the temporal dimension existing adjacent to that entire space (See, for reference, this paper, which is an introductory article to brane cosmology that focuses on its simplest consistent model. For illustrative purposes, see also this, this)

From a quick read of the above thread, it also seems the OP was under the impression that Branes are automatically Low 2-C because of the bulk, which she seems to think is something that every brane has. As seen in the pictures above, thus is wrong: There is one bulk that encompasses all branes. Each brane doesn't have its own personal bulk, or whatever. So the reason for, say, Gensokyo being Tier 2 in spite of being a tiny island is based on false premises, and thus invalid, and the same can be said for the reason behind Otherworlds being separate spacetimes at all.

Now, to be exact, as said in this page and drawn here, a brane does sweep out a path in space-time that corresponds to its history, and that's called a "worldvolume", which by nature is one dimension higher than its spatial part, but the brane itself can still be a 3-dimensional object, so affecting those is not inherently a sign of a 2-C or above feat.

That being said, there is the fact that the core proposition of brane cosmology involves two things: Our universe is a brane, and this brane is just the (or one of the many) surface of a higher-dimensional space called the "Bulk," which envelops it and whatever other branes may exist, like I said before. Added to the temporal dimension, all of that results in a 5-dimensional spacetime in which all universes exist. And as per the things outlined in the Tiering System FAQ, this structure would be Low 1-C:

One of the more straightforward ways to qualify for Tier 2 and up through higher dimensions is by affecting whole higher-dimensional universes which can embed the whole of lower-dimensional ones within themselves. For example: A cosmology where the entirety of our 3-dimensional universe is in fact a subset of a much greater 4-dimensional space, or generalizations of this same scenario to higher numbers of dimensions; i.e A cosmology where the four-dimensional spacetime continuum is just the infinitesimal surface of a 5-dimensional object, and etc.

As a result, everybody who affects the entirety of the cosmology would scale. So, Junko’s physical form, the high level Lunarians, as well as the primordial forms of the gods would be Low 1-C. This is due to the fact that the gods created the entire verse via giving things names and setting boundaries to everything.. These boundaries are directly noted to be essentially creating new existences from nothing. Thus, it should be obvious enough that the gods made this extra-dimensional bulk that the universe resides on, and didn’t just take parts of the bulk to make the universe. Junko would still retain this as she’s still partially a primordial goddess for some reason so she would still hold that same power. The Lunarians who can fight her would also scale to this.

Everyone else would be relegated to High 3-A. Yukari and Reimu both become big smurfs however, with Yukari's boundary manipulation being able to manipulate the fundamental concepts that make up this 5-Dimensional reality, and Reimu's Fantasy Nature allowing her to float entirely above it.

Conclusion
Touhou pages have a lot of random wank from just out of context statements. Thus, that should be fixed accordingly. However, the god tiers should be tier 1 due to the whole brane cosmology structure.

So, I guess we all win today.

Last edited:
Yeah, no. I ain't about to debate this shit during Evo. I'll just say that I heavily disagree with almost all of this, especially the speed downgrades, and move from there when I have the free time to care.

As for the the tier one stuff, I have no opinion on that since most of that business is beyond my understanding.

Also there are A LOT of Touhou threads opened right now, so couldn't this have waited?

As for stuff that I do agree with.
Second off. It isn't necessarily power null either, it's just reducing a resource pool so that you have none. This also means that this spirit manipulation shouldn't work out-of-verse either, as we wouldn't assume that characters function on the 'spirit' resource pool that exists in Touhou.
I only agree that this is more of an in-verse thing, since the characters use spirit to fight and perform other supernatural feats, but the rest of the hax that Spirit Manipulation has should work outside the verse.
Yukari Yakumo has fear manipulation via this scan. Except this isn't fearhax because it's simply Eirin being scared of Yukari, and the implications of the Lunar Invasion. Flowery language once again.
This as well. Giving someone trauma Fear Manipulation. Though I'm pretty sure Yukari has some other fear hax feat, but I don't remember from where, I'll look for it.

I helped with this so yes I agree.

I'll add that the characters who'd scale to Junko and thus to the funny high tier would only be the following probably:

-Amaterasu Oomikami
-Chang'e
-Dragon God
-Eirin Yagokoro
-Evil Dragon
-Hecatia Lapislazuli
-Lord Tsukuyomi
-Tenryu
-Watatsuki no Toyohime
-Watatsuki no Yorihime

These are the only characters that can reasonably scale to Junko I believe.

Can yall at least wait until I respond god damn

A lot of this shit is very easily debunked. Not all of it, but I at least wanna get some very obvious bullshit out of the way.

47 minutes
No supporter has had time to debunk it
The supporters who have seen this have shown overwhelming disagreement to which theyll state later

Yet people FRA kek. Im leaning towards agreeing on all counts, but ill stay neutral to hear the oppositions arguments.

Resistance to Soul Manipulation should be removed because nobody actually demonstrates any of that. Literally everybody in Gensokyo is fine after the fact, and we have no demonstrations of resistance other than "well they exist after the event happened".
To add on to this one. The logic is "tenshi was soulhaxing and targeting everyone in the multiverse", "random humans, civillians and literall infants are totally unaffected by this" "therefore everyone has soul resistance", like what? How the hell is she able to soul rip anybody if shes completely incapable of causing an incident or affect basic civillians with it? This explanation completely contradicts itself to hell

All of this i agree or am neutral with but a few things.

Most people tend to be comparable to their own dream counterparts and outright say its like fighting a replica of themselves iirc.

Non physical interaction for harming phantoms is still okay rite?

Sooo youre upgrading junko and those who scale to low 1-C? Ehhhh, imma stay neutral on the tier 1 fuckery given how this wiki is with all that.

Also yukari affects reality like that by removing boundaries. She sounds more low 1-C with chain reaction to me, correct if im wrong.

One, we do have a finite timeframe for all of this. They cross it in a notable amount of time, so we would need some extraordinary proof that they walked through an infinite corridor through sheer speed.
The proof is that they are literally stated to have crossed it and we see them reach the end. There are no statements or visual indicators of hax being used; Thus, we should not assume that by default. And don't hit me with the "ohhhh but what about the end of infinity, isn't that a contradiction", as we do allow feats that involve crossing infinite distances in finite time; Something that, by its very nature, requires reaching a natural "end point" to infinity".

The biggest part of the revision.
According to this past thread, Otherworlds (i e Hell, Gensokyo, and etc) are currently considered to each be Low 2-C structures on the basis that they are referred to as being braneworlds in the following scans:

To get to the point: This logic doesn't hold up. A "brane", as a quick read through the Wikipedia lage can tell you, is just the term given to a type of mathematical object like any other, whose dimensionality can be whatever it is defined to be. Strings are example of 1-dimensional Branes, for instance, and the name itself comes from "membrane," the 2-dimensional instances of those things.

In fact, even in the context of brane cosmology, they are not automatically spacetimes, or even 4-D structures at all. For example, our universe is often posited to be a 3-brane (A 3-D brane, obviously), set in parallel to other branes in a higher-dimensional bulk, and with the temporal dimension existing adjacent to that entire space (See, for reference, this paper, which is an introductory article to brane cosmology that focuses on its simplest consistent model. For illustrative purposes, see also this, this)

Lemme stop you right there. I know the low 2-C brane justifications are bunk. That's why I removed them from profiles like Miko and Kasen's. The reason we consider these realms space-times is because they are infinite in size (via Hell being infinite, and both the Netherworld and Heaven being larger than Hell). Thus, they are large enough to qualify for low 2-C (and Heaven is 2-C via being made of "many different realms"). Consider, then, that our 2-C scaling is from characters making dozens of copies of realms like the Netherworld (Doremy), and characters shaking/threatening to destroy Heaven (Tenshi) and yes shaking multiple low 2-C realms is 2-C, just look at Demogorgon, so that's still valid. Even then, there are low 2-C feats not reliant on Otherworlds, such as Kaguya creating her infinite space-time corridor and Miko absorbing it.

TL;DR: None of the reasoning we use for low 2-C or 2-C is reliant on branes, so while the information presented here is technically correct, it isn't even relevant. Again, and I cannot stress this enough, None of the feats we are currently using rely on brane theory. They are low 2-C/2-C regardless of the existence of branes.

So yeah I'm willing to remove all feats that rely on brane worlds. Thankfully this means I won't need to remove anything because there are none.

And two, we do know Kaguya’s endless corridor itself is a spell which means it could pretty easily be altered in such a way. Though that’s a minor point.
...Okay? What does this prove? If your point is that it could've been altered or nullified by the characters, it wasn't, as they weren't even aware of the corridor's nature until they had already exited it, as Eirin literally needs to explain it to them. They didn't nullify or alter anything because there wasn't anything to nullify, from their perspective.

Third. If characters had infinite speed, then the corridor would not be treated as a trap. However, it pretty blatantly is a trap. So, why would this be considered a trap at all if characters could move at infinite speeds and reach the end.
This is a misunderstanding of the context of Imperishable Night. It is repeatedly shown that Eirin and Kaguya underestimated the protagonists, which is the reason they were defeated; They were operating under the assumption that they could not cross the corridor, even though that was proven false.

Fourth. It is treated as according to plan that the characters reach the end of the corridor. They aren’t an infinite distance away, and instead near the fake moon which they were led to. Obviously, if they overpowered the trap via sheer speed then Eirin should both be surprised and this little gimmick should not have worked at all. I’m fairly sure they were specifically let out of this corridor by Kaguya in order to be tricked into running into a fake moon.
As for Eirin not reacting to them crossing it, well, it's because regardless of they did or didn't, she already won. IN runs off a time limit, where the game gives you a bad end if you take too long. Stage 6A, the stage where the feat occurs, is the route where the protagonists are unable to find the culprit (Kaguya), so you lose (for context, the "normal ending" here is still considered a "bad ending", since the incident is still unresolved). Since Eirin's goal here is to prevent Kaguya from being found, the protagonists chasing after her is just as much of a success as them getting lost in the corridor forever because she's still able to buy time. Hell, that's why she's glad to see them following her. Basically they lose regardless of whether or not they cross the corridor, that's why stage 6A is considered a "loss" no matter what you do. The plan always works in the context of 6A.

They also did NOT run into the fake moon. They were specifically in the sealed chamber, which separates the earth from the false moon. Like, Eirin directly says they've between the earth and fake moon, so... I don't know how you came to a different conclusion.

And also, the ship feat doesn’t make sense to me. A corner does not necessarily mean an infinite distance away, or the edge of the world even. We shouldn’t be handing infinite speed by default, as we have no reason to think that the ship itself was infinitely away from this location.
Nope. The original kanji used, 角, is specifically used to refer to the edge of an object (or a street corner but that doesn't really apply here). Thus, this is still referring to flying to the edge of infinity. I should probably note that on the profiles, this comes up a lot despite being in the original upgrade thread.

Btw you forgot the Sanzu River, so infinite speed is STILL ALIVE BABY

This one is one of the worst offenders. Not only are the scans taken entirely out of context, but they're completely contradicted.

To get the contradictions out of the way, Kogasa Tatara. Her entire character is her being unable to scare people, and
literally starving because of this. This would be significantly less of a problem if she could just turn on a fear aura and cause people to passively get scared. So that's already a massive contradiction.
You do realize that youkai suppress their auras in order to enter the human village, right? Like, such to the extent that Kosuzu, a character whose entire career is dealing with youkai aura, can't detect them. Having a passive, harmful aura active inside a dense population of humans would also be a one-way ticket to permanent extermination. Them having it active 24/7 would be ******* stupid and wildly OOC, so scaring people individually, even if less effective, is still preferable over using an aura.

Also, Kogasa sucking shit at scaring people is something very specific to her in-universe, so this is more likely just a weakness specific to her. And considering most of the human villagers were fine after having their temperament absorbed during SWR (which includes the subconscious), I think maybe they're just more mentally resilient than you give them credit for.

Secondly, the scans aren't even fear manip. The first set of scans says that youkai have an aura, which doesn't prove fear manip. The second scan is absolutely not fear manip if you read the original source. The youkai herself was scared, not the people around her. The third scan is isn't necessarily fear manipulation by default and we shouldn't assume it to be. It's much more likely that she was just nervous from the amount of youkai energy, and it's flowery language.
Well first off, the other scans are just for other things. Kosuzu feeling pins and needles throughout her body is sense manipulation, and is indexed as such. The aura stuff is just to prove they even have an aura to begin with, while the other scans quantify what that aura even is and how it works. So yeah, it's ONLY the Kokoro scan that refers to fear manip.

Also, the speaker in the 4koma is unclear, but it contextually makes very little sense for it to be referring to Kokoro. This is after a large performance with many people, so it's more reasonable to assume Kokoro's aura was suppressed... which means Kosuzu shouldn't have been able to detect it. Also, the text specfically refers to the youkai aura causing the trembling, regardless of who's actually afraid here, it's still causing someone to be afraid, whether that's Kosuzu or Kokoro. It affecting Kokoro would be kinda stupid, but whatever, fear manip is fear manip even if you affect yourself with it.

Since the text is in a thought bubble with no indication of who it's coming from, we have two options:
-Kokoro's aura was suppressed so she wouldn't harm anyone at the show and avoid getting exterminated. Thus, since Kosuzu can't detect suppressed aura, the thought bubble would have to be from Kokoro.
-Kokoro's aura wasn't suppressed, and affecting everyone in the show (regardless of fear manip, the aura still has some passive effects), risking extermination and revealing herself as a youkai to a bunch of humans, which is wildly OOC and a ******* moronic decision.

The choice is an easy one.

Fairly simple. Mid-Godly requires the complete destruction of the body, soul, and mind (+ whatever other incorporeal essence there might be). This does not apply to Youkai as they explicitly need their mind to survive. If you were to take over the mind of a youkai, they can't regenerate. Thus they should be put back to Low-Godly.

Reminder, it says Youkai's bodies are mostly made out of spirit. Temperament from what I know also mostly covers emotions, instead of the mind itself. Thus, I don't think that's enough evidence to overturn this contradiction.
No, temperament is the mind itself, it's directly stated to be the subconscious. But it feels like you're confusing possession with destruction here. The scan you provided even says that it's like dying, but isn't death itself. A youkai would not need to regenerate its mind in the case of possession because it still has one; Just the mind of a totally different youkai. In fact, possession, while overwriting the mind, does not delete or destroy the mind, as shikigami like Chen do "possess" that original youkai, but they can still surface and act independently under certain circumstances. In the case of Ran, she's possessing a youkai, but that youkai still exists; Just below the surface, so their minds DEFINITELY aren't being erased when being possessed. And even then, Antinomy of Common Flowers exists, where almost every youkai in the game is possessed at one point or another, and guess what? Their minds are fine. None of them "die". And further still, Cheating Detective Satori exists, where multiple youkai are possessed by Mizuchi, and are placed into comas, but ultimately survive. Really, possession equaling death is metaphorical here, in that the loss of free will and suppression of the mind can be considered akin to "death".

So yeah, this is missing a lot of context. Possession =/= erasure.

Hourai Immortal High-Godly
Also simple, Hourai Immortals are explicitly reliant on their souls to survive. Saying that they can regenerate from the destruction of the soul is pretty silly. The whole Lunarian thing is just resistance at best, and even then Sagume’s info manipulation has not been used offensively to erase people so even that is shaky at best. It should just be Low-Godly, no resistance.
Okay? You can be reliant on a thing but still regenerate from its destruction. That's the case for like. every single character with high-godly ever. We have legitimate feats of them surviving soul/mind destruction, so we'd give that precedent over the statement anyways. It is also very clearly not resistance, given Kaguya needed to resurrect repeatedly; If she was resisting anything, she wouldn't need to come back from the dead. The whole point of Sagume's thing is that her ability can be used in this manner, as we know that 1. Making things not true makes them not exist, as truth defines existence and 2. Sagume can make true things false, in addition to making false things true.

And yes, I'm aware this is shaky, which is why the whole thing is a "possibly" rating to begin with.

Limited Conceptual Manip (Type 1)
Comes from this set of scans. This is another vague connection that shouldn't have ever been done in the first place. People defining their spell cards does not mean literally manipulating the abstract concept of the card create them. They just give it a meaning through applying a name to it, like how a person can give a word a meaning.
And that name and meaning quite literally define the characteristics of the card itself; What it looks like, how it works, and so on. That's the meaning of "the meaning becomes the attack's power". If this were just an ordinary name, literally none of that would be true. But we do see this names define reality (albeit in a very, very limited scope), so it's a lot deeper than "just a name".

Lunarian Type 1 Immortality
Lunarians require complete purity in order to be truly immortal, in which the moon does not have. Thus, they aren’t completely immortal like the Celestials and will probably die some day.
You're scan isn't working. Though even then, at worst this is just a very weird form of reliant immortality where they need purity in order to keep living. So it's type 8 that grants type 1, basically just a shittier type 1. We should also list this as a weakness if it isn't already.

Resistances
Resistance to Subjective Reality and Transmutation should be removed, as it isn't a resistance. Youkai used to be shaped by human thoughts but now they're not. That's simply an alteration/removal of their weakness in their physiology, not a resistance.
It was never established that this was a specific weakness of youkai. They were affected by human thoughts changing reality (subjective reality), and now they're not. Even if this was a specific weakness... Being unbound from human thoughts that control reality in any form is resistance to subjective reality. For example, if a character is weak to fire, but then becomes totally unaffected by fire later on, you wouldn't say "this isn't a resistance, they only lost a weakness", right? You'd just say their weakness was replaced with a resistance.

This also isn't even specific to youkai, as the collective thought of humans can affect anything. All supernatural phenomena are dictated by human thought in-verse, such as how Miko, a hermit, was sent to Gensokyo after being "forgotten", with the same logic applying to gods. Essentially, youkai became unbound from an in-verse system of thought that dictates reality, and are thus resistant to it. It being a "weakness" beforehand would change literally nothing.

Hourai Immortals resistance to probability isn't very strong, due to the vagueness of the ability in general. We shouldn't assume it should allow people to kill Hourai Immortals by default. Kaguya keeps hers though.
Lunarians can control any probability, allowing them to cause any theoretically possible event to occur. While this is vague, there are two interpretations here:

1. There exists no possibility where a Hourai immortal dies.
2. There ARE possibilities where a Hourai immortal dies, but their probability manipulation was unable to cause those possibilities to occur.

Either way, it's a resistance. The point isn't that probability manip can be used to kill, just that it could lead to events that would kill Kaguya, but didn't. Also, Eirin and Chang'e would keep their resistances as well, they're also Lunarians, which should possess the same physiology as Celestials.

Okay? If they didn't resist it, they'd be ******* dead. That's how soulhax work. Tenshi was absorbing everybody's spirit, that much is obvious, so at worst, this is just "they can survive for extended periods of time without their souls", which is still resistance to soulhax.

This also supports mid-godly, since spiritual entities and the like were fine having, yknow, their entire being sucked up, since they literally are souls.

Eientei isn't really a frozen flow of time. It's Kaguya's eternity manipulation applying to the area to make everything static. I wouldn't say this would apply to an inhabitant coming in from the outside.
Kaguya's eternity manipulation is literally a timestop though. Also, why wouldn't it apply to things coming in from the outside? What's your basis for this? I mean, logically speaking, they would have to get food from outside Eientei (they'd have to, since living things can't grow, which would include any plants or animals they try to cultivate), and bring that food inside Eientei, where it never spoils, so clearly the timestop effects things coming inside its area of effect. Also, while looking for infinite speed debunk debunks, I found another statement that time doesn't flow in Eientei, so do what you will with that.

Phantoms don't instantly take effect on others as the scan even notes that it happens over time and I don't think people sleep with phantoms or whatever. If they have feats of living with a phantom for extended periods of time, then they can get the resistance but otherwise it should be axed.
Basically all instances of phantom resistances are based on people hanging around them during large events and parties, which usually last several hours and frequently overnight, and extended fights. There's more than enough time for the effects to take hold, which I believe applies to all characters who resist it (since the vast majority of those resistances come from large party scenes).

Resistance to Doremy's stuff, I'm fairly sure that falls under the Spell Card Rules so it shouldn't be a resistance. It's just an effect of the rules.
Why? Where is it stated she suppressed the effects of Dream Souls during AoCF? This is an assumption based on nothing, we know characters like Suika and Utsuho use far more dangerous attacks during SCR, so assuming Doremy wouldn't is... kinda baseless.

Resistance to Necromancy is goofy, because you aren't resisting anything there. You just don't leave a corpse behind when you die. This is not a relevant "resistance" to have.
I mean it's not strictly necessary, but it isn't wrong. You cannot, in fact, raise a youkai as an undead servant using necromancy, so the resistance is there, even if it's a very stupid sounding "resistance".

Non-Physical Interaction
People cannot punch abstracts, that's a lie. Nobody punches the actual abstract forms of the gods, from what I know. Every time the gods are fought, they take physical form to be interacted with by normal people.

Nothing really has to be changed here just noting that.
This is wrong. While it is true that gods take on avatars to interact with the world, the form they do so in is still considered "pure will" and ideas, so their avatars still possess AE1. Furthermore, gods like Suwako are stated to be composed of faith (note that this "base form" isn't their primordial key, as that's the form gods take on when they lack faith). The "original form" you are referring to is their 'nameless' form, which is conceptually nonexistent, and does not exist as pure will/ideas.

Yukari has a resistance to power null, but it states that most foreign boundaries are negated. It doesn't say that no boundaries are allowed, so I kind of doubt that too.
Contextually, the scan is referring to the Great Hakurei Barrier, which is a barrier of Yukari's own creation:

"Inside the shrine, almost all foreign boundaries has been nullified. That is to say, the Hakurei Boundary ... is amazingly powerful".

Thus, the boundaries Yukari creates are too strong to be nullified by the Hakurei Shrine. Also, it doesn't say it only nullifies "most" boundaries; It says that it has nullified most boundaries. A small difference, but the former implies it just lets some boundaries work, while the latter implies it works all the time, but some boundaries are too strong to be nullified.

First off. This definitely is not durability negation in any form. In the games, spirit doesn't even drain when you attack an enemy normally. The only way you drain spirit is by hitting somebody who is guarding incorrectly. Assuming that it absorbs the soul with every basic attack is false when that is demonstrably not the case.
This isn't even really relevant when the STGs show that spirit can still be drained regardless of if the opponent is blocking. And it triggers on individual hits as well, even if it's just a single bullet. All this means is that spirit can be reduced even if the opponent uses forcefields or something similar to block attacks. I shouldve brought this up in the sumireko/tadano debate, gdi

It's a resource you specifically require to perform supernatural techniques like flying and shooting energy blasts. Nullifying the resource by extension nullifies those powers, thus, power nullification. We do this for other in-verse powers too, like Madara having power null from nullifying chakra, despite the fact that chakra does not exist in other verses.

Also, Spirit is composed of things that obviously exist out-of-verse, such as souls, emotions, stamina, and the subconscious. Even if verse equalization rules make it so the power null doesn't work, considering nearly everyone on the wiki has souls, emotions, stamina, and a subconscious, spirit manip should absolutely still work on them, because every verse has those things verbatim (or some equivalent to them). This is like saying "oh actually The Flash can't beat Touhou characters because the Speed Force doesn't exist in Touhou", or saying that a character shouls resist all instances of hax outside their verse because they work on different systems. That is not how that shit works, and is not how it will ever work.

Third. Not Mid-Godly. Already contradicted by the fact that Youkai need their minds to survive, but replenishing a resource which is clearly not necessary for the basis of their existence (or else they would just die if they run out of spirit. Absolutely nothing indicates that your soul stops existing the second you run out of Spirit) does not necessitate Mid-Godly.
I already explained how the mind shit is a massive misunderstanding with 0 basis, so I'll skip that. Them not dying when they run out of spirit is consistent with how nobody died when Tenshi absorbed the souls of everyone in Gensokyo. Touhou characters can, surprisingly consistently, survive having their souls ripped out with no ill effect. Also, I know it isn't full mid-godly, I just noted they can regenerate their souls, and as explained above, this is supported by how people suddenly have souls again after Tenshi absorbed and destroyed them.

Kogasa also has fear manip for dumb reasons, as said above she literally is unable to scare others as a major part of her character. All forms of Kogasa's "fearhax" is literally just her jumping out of the bushes and saying boo. So she and other Tsukumogami should get their fearhax thrown out as well.
Her fearhax being shit doesn't mean she doesn't have them. Yes, they're ineffective but like... That just means they're weak as hell. Also, considering Kogasa is considered unique in this regard, why would this scale to other tsukumogami? At best this would just require removing Kogasa's fearhax alone, or noting her low efficacy as a weakness.

Koishi Komeiji currently has Nonexistent Physiology, but she is not actually so. The qualification for NEP is that you need to be physically nonexistent as well, which Koishi absolutely does not qualify for because people can pretty easily interact with her physically. They just can't remember she exists. It's also noted that she hasn't reached that state of enlightenment where she would be nonexistent yet. She's close, but not there.
Koishi is physically nonexistent, as she is a youkai, which are already incorporeal entities. People interacting with her is just NPI, consistent with how they can also harm nonexistent entities like Junko. Her being close is ultimately a bit meaningless, as we know she 1. lacks a mind and 2. is incorporeal. While she may not meet the requirements of "true emptiness" according to Byakuren, she does still fit the requirements imposed by our site in order to qualify for NEP.

Dream Stuff
Meiling shouldn't be 5-C, as everything that happened to her is a dream. Dreams are real, however this does not mean they are direct reflections of reality, they are only just as real as reality.

In Doremy's profile, it's even explicitly stated that one can turn into anything in dreams. Doremy has to keep watch over people who realize this to make sure that they don't completely abuse it. This scan should not be used as the default assumption that everything in dreams is equal to reality by default, as nowhere is that stated. Applying this one character to a cosmological assumption is pretty silly.
How does any of this apply to Meiling? We have statements of the character she fought, which is equivalent to its real world counterpart based on how dream selves possess all the power of the original (using the last scan you provided), being able to vaporize the surface of the planet using Meiling's power. Even if reality in this specific dream only extended so far as the area they fought... That doesn't change the meaning of the statement. Being able to turn into anything within dreams means nothing here. Also, the last scan isn't used to prove that the physical extent of dreams equals that of reality, just the dream selves and real selves scale to each other.

Character Specific Stuff
Eirin was aware of the Lunar Invasion and Yukari being responsible well before this scene. She even predicts it happening very early in SSiB. During the entirety of that manga, Eirin remains calm and collected. It is ONLY when Yukari smiles at her that we see her show any signs of fear. So the invasion had little to nothing to do with her fear; If it did, that fear would've shown up way sooner. The text itself even attributes her mental scars to Yukari herself: "That ominous smile left a deep scar in Eirin's mind,".

That being said, there is the fact that the core proposition of brane cosmology involves two things: Our universe is a brane, and this brane is just the (or one of the many) surface of a higher-dimensional space called the "Bulk," which envelops it and whatever other branes may exist, like I said before. Added to the temporal dimension, all of that results in a 5-dimensional spacetime in which all universes exist. And as per the things outlined in the Tiering System FAQ, this structure would be Low 1-C:

As a result, everybody who affects the entirety of the cosmology would scale. So, Junko’s physical form, the high level Lunarians, as well as the primordial forms of the gods would be Low 1-C. This is due to the fact that the gods created the entire verse via giving things names and setting boundaries to everything.. These boundaries are directly noted to be essentially creating new existences from nothing. Thus, it should be obvious enough that the gods made this extra-dimensional bulk that the universe resides on, and didn’t just take parts of the bulk to make the universe. Junko would still retain this as she’s still partially a primordial goddess for some reason so she would still hold that same power. The Lunarians who can fight her would also scale to this.

Everyone else would be relegated to High 3-A. Yukari and Reimu both become big smurfs however, with Yukari's boundary manipulation being able to manipulate the fundamental concepts that make up this 5-Dimensional reality, and Reimu's Fantasy Nature allowing her to float entirely above it.
I had my own, separate plans for tier 1 so I'm a little salty I won't get the honor of being the reason for that happening. But this is fine (except for high 3-A, I debunked that shit above, we don't use branes for ANY feat currently on the profiles). Reimu and Nue should also possess 5D hax (to a lesser degree), as they are also capable of using boundary manipulation. On the bright side this DOES make future upgrades a hell of a lot easier.

How would you go about writing the justifications, out of curiosity?

But for this:
I helped with this so yes I agree.

I'll add that the characters who'd scale to Junko and thus to the funny high tier would only be the following probably:

-Amaterasu Oomikami
-Chang'e
-Dragon God
-Eirin Yagokoro
-Evil Dragon
-Hecatia Lapislazuli
-Lord Tsukuyomi
-Tenryu
-Watatsuki no Toyohime
-Watatsuki no Yorihime

These are the only characters that can reasonably scale to Junko I believe.
With the exception of Hecatia, what is the basis for any of these character scaling to or above Junko? She was clearly a threat to the entire capital, meaning a single idividual from the capital scaling above her is... Wrong and bad. The only other basis was the previous assumption that Yorihime and Toyohime previously stopped Junko from invaidng the capital but uh... That statement doesn't exist. I looked, and I couldn't find any precedent for it. It's just headcanon.

To add on to this one. The logic is "tenshi was soulhaxing and targeting everyone in the multiverse", "random humans, civillians and literall infants are totally unaffected by this" "therefore everyone has soul resistance", like what? How the hell is she able to soul rip anybody if shes completely incapable of causing an incident or affect basic civillians with it? This explanation completely contradicts itself to hell
No, she was capable of affecting people. The resistance does not come from characters not having their souls ripped out, it comes from how they can survive without their souls. No contradictions here, just the specific mechanics of how the resistance works.

Acausality Type 4
The scan about Gensokyo having a slower flow of time is false, mostly because time passes mostly the same in both the outside world and the human world. The context is also heavily cropped, as the scan is talking about how long it would take for a ropeway to be finished. They say it can be finished at any time because time passes slowly/leisurely around here.

So, with that context it's pretty obviously metaphorical language for how Gensokyo is a pretty relaxed place. Not anything for acausality. This wouldn’t even grant acausality in the first place, as time having slower movement doesn’t really say anything about the nature of causality as it would still function normally. Thus, you can probably throw this entire scan out.

The Eientei is not actually separated from causality either, it is simply under the effects of Kaguya's eternity manipulation. This means that it's completely static, giving off the illusion that it is immune to change. Not that it actually is. Existing within this realm would not give any form of acausality, because the illusion is that nothing can change due to everything being frozen, not a separate realm in it's entirety.\
Hang on, that first scan is a completely different translation from the one being used. It says leisurely, which does support your interpretation.... But the scan currently being used says slowly, which changes the meaning entirely. I've checked both my go-to sources for manga translations, which have been reliable in the past, and nowhere is the "leisurely" interpretation shown. So uh.... Where the **** is that scan coming from?? Frankly, considering both of the versions I checked (on M*ngadex and DynastyScans, respectively) are done by reliable translators, we should preferable just... not use the scan that contradicts those?? Also, we do accept that characters who can live in areas with altered time/physical laws (which I'm assuming you're fine with considering you didn't bring it up) have acausality, I can go and look for examples if you want.

Kaguya using her eternity manipulation is also... Not an argument? She even says it halts the flow of history, which is a system of causality. Even if it doesn't strictly exist outside of causality, it is still essentially a place with entirely different laws of cause and effect (either by having none at all, or having frozen ones), while characters were consistently unaffected by the change in causality. And again, we do give acausality for existing unaffected within areas of altered/warped time or causality, like Sonic for some reason. So the reasoning here is moreso based on an issue with how we already give out acausality, so until you change that, Touhou's acausality is fine.

Also, nameless gods, by virtue of existing outside of the dualities of time and space, would have type 4 acausality anyways. Maybe type 5, considering they already have type 2 TD, and I've heard they often go hand in hand? Idk.

I'm honestly kinda surprised some actually wrong stuff wasn't brought up here, guess I really do need to do everything myself around here :v

TL;DR:
NO.

Last edited:
Also yukari affects reality like that by removing boundaries. She sounds more low 1-C with chain reaction to me, correct if im wrong.
Honestly PMiSS saying she can undermine all of reality only implies destroying reality over time... Which kiiiinda doesn't apply when you're talking about an infinite higher-dimensional structure. So, Yukari should just be flat low 1-C 🤷‍♀️

And when you remember that non-Yukari boundary users need to resist the pressure of the power.... and Reimu, Satori, and Nue can all use it..... hmmmmmm....

and Sumireko beat dream Junko and Hecatia while they were specifically trying to kill her, while empowered by Okina, so.... Saik, considering your hatred of a potential tier 1 main cast, are you SURE you wanna do this upgrade?

Last edited:
By the way, a lot of things here fall into the category of "it's wrong because I think it is/its goofy", so if the supporters' problem is one of taking things too literally, the opposition's problem is one of just... making shit up. I can at least say one of them has basis in the text itself.

Actually one last thing. This is the context of Lunarian Immortality. This... doesn't necessarily imply they die when exposed to impurity. Just that they will die one day, through accidents or battle. Them containing impurity is never given as the reason as to why they die, it's just they're ageless, but can be killed normally. So just regular old type 1 is fine.
Ecxa3Aj_d.webp

No, she was capable of affecting people. The resistance does not come from characters not having their souls ripped out, it comes from how they can survive without their souls. No contradictions here, just the specific mechanics of how the resistance works.
Okay that makes more sense now. But normally when people in touhou have their soul taken or sent somewhere outside their body, their body straight up collapses (albeit still functions) such as with reimu in wahh.

So their soul getting taken away will still incapacitate them (and likely kill them if outright destroyed). Having your soul taken and being alive when its restored doesnt exactly sound like a resistance but idrk what qualifies. It could be worded better still.

Edit: Actually apparently alice said in in that a human would die really quick without a soul soooo

Last edited:
It's a massive post so I'll only take on a few points at a time, mostly the stuff I find most obviously wrong. Then we'll work from there.

Also, the speaker in the 4koma is unclear, but it contextually makes very little sense for it to be referring to Kokoro. This is after a large performance with many people, so it's more reasonable to assume Kokoro's aura was suppressed... which means Kosuzu shouldn't have been able to detect it. Also, the text specfically refers to the youkai aura causing the trembling, regardless of who's actually afraid here, it's still causing someone to be afraid, whether that's Kosuzu or Kokoro. It affecting Kokoro would be kinda stupid, but whatever, fear manip is fear manip even if you affect yourself with it.
The scan says "trembling with youkai aura" which doesn't really denote cause and effect. But I digress, I really don't want to debate english lessons on a mostly Japanese verse where things may not go through thorougly.

Though, I should note. 'Trembling' does not mean fear. Excitement and nervousness can also be causes of trembling. Considering the context of the story (Kokoro performing to a large group of people), I'm pretty sure the context leans to it just her being nervous. Also it'd be pretty useless fear manip if the only demonstration of it is working on oneself. This evidence is very flimsy and we have no reason to assume Kogasa is an exception to this considering a large part of youkai abilities is actually scaring people.

Lemme stop you right there. I know the low 2-C brane justifications are bunk. That's why I removed them from profiles like Miko and Kasen's. The reason we consider these realms space-times is because they are infinite in size (via Hell being infinite, and both the Netherworld and Heaven being larger than Hell). Thus, they are large enough to qualify for low 2-C (and Heaven is 2-C via being made of "many different realms"). Consider, then, that our 2-C scaling is from characters making dozens of copies of realms like the Netherworld (Doremy), and characters shaking/threatening to destroy Heaven (Tenshi) and yes shaking multiple low 2-C realms is 2-C, just look at Demogorgon, so that's still valid. Even then, there are low 2-C feats not reliant on Otherworlds, such as Kaguya creating her infinite space-time corridor and Miko absorbing it.

TL;DR: None of the reasoning we use for low 2-C or 2-C is reliant on branes, so while the information presented here is technically correct, it isn't even relevant. Again, and I cannot stress this enough, None of the feats we are currently using rely on brane theory. They are low 2-C/2-C regardless of the existence of branes.
That's not the point of the section.

2-C is bunk because Touhou has a brane cosmology. It literally cannot be 2-C under these circumstances because there is only one big time with a bunch of 3-D universes participating in time.

So destroying a multiverse can't be 2-C or anything, because it's all just one big spacetime embedded in a bulk. Time flows parallel to these universes, it's not tied to them or whatever.

So no, the only Low 2-C feat you have is Kaguya's corridor, which is a real feat but we'd have to argue if it's an outlier or not.

Okay that makes more sense now. But normally when people in touhou have their soul taken or sent somewhere outside their body, their body straight up collapses (albeit still functions) such as with reimu in wahh.

So their soul getting taken away will still incapacitate them (and likely kill them if outright destroyed). Having your soul taken and being alive when its restored doesnt exactly sound like a resistance but idrk what qualifies. It could be worded better still.
That's still a resistance though... Also the collapsing when your soul is removed thing is.... weird, but frankly we do have consistent enough feats to say they can still fight without their souls. Idk, I'll look into the WaHH stuff more and make a CRT on it, into the backlog it goes.

The scan says "trembling with youkai aura" which doesn't really denote cause and effect. But I digress, I really don't want to debate english lessons on a mostly Japanese verse where things may not go through thorougly.
Trembling with youkai aura shows that, one way or another, youkai aura is involved in the scene itself. It being the causes of the trembling is the most logical conclusion we can come to from that, unless you have another suggestion? Also, unless you can show me where the Japanese text diverges from the English text is a meaningful way, we go with the translation. You're just assuming it's wrong by default because... It might be wrong? That's a shit reason and you know it.

Though, I should note. 'Trembling' does not mean fear. Excitement and nervousness can also be causes of trembling. Considering the context of the story (Kokoro performing to a large group of people), I'm pretty sure the context leans to it just her being nervous. Also it'd be pretty useless fear manip if the only demonstration of it is working on oneself. This evidence is very flimsy and we have no reason to assume Kogasa is an exception to this considering a large part of youkai abilities is actually scaring people.
Even if it did work on themselves (which would probably be specific to Kokoro only since like... no other youkai that would in-context or is shown to have its aura active has been affected by this), it would still have a range extending beyond themselves, as the Night Parade Scroll affected Kosuzu even when sealed away, and all the mentions of youkai energy in GoU show it lingers on physical objects and likely even scales to the standard danmaku firing range (tens of meters). Kogasa being an exception is not really an assumption, because like... that's the entire point of her character. Her lack of ability to properly scare people is what she's known for in-universe. Scaling other youkai to her flaws is completely baseless.

So yeah, worst case this is a weakness specific to Kokoro based on other youkai not giving a shit about their active aura (which I can find scans for if you need it).

Also, "trembling" meaning fear in the context of youkai makes considerably more sense when you remember youkai are literally entities born from fear. There's a very direct connection between youkai and the concept of fear. Also, if the use of the word "trembling" is presumably wrong, then we should probably find the original text. I'll ask around for it.

That's not the point of the section.

2-C is bunk because Touhou has a brane cosmology. It literally cannot be 2-C under these circumstances because there is only one big time with a bunch of 3-D universes participating in time.

So destroying a multiverse can't be 2-C or anything, because it's all just one big spacetime embedded in a bulk. Time flows parallel to these universes, it's not tied to them or whatever.

So no, the only Low 2-C feat you have is Kaguya's corridor, which is a real feat but we'd have to argue if it's an outlier or not.
All you proved was that brane worlds can be 3D. But the links you provided showed that they can technically be of any dimensionality; Hell, you admit this yourself. So, if a space is infinitely large in 3 spatial directions, and possesses a flow of time independent of the bulk (something we know to be possible, as Otherworlds like Higan and Avici possess different flows of time from other Otherworlds). Even then, these flows of time clearly exist within the Otherworlds themselves; We see this with Kaguya manipulating pieces of space-time within Gensokyo itself. So manipulating the space-time within an individual brane kinda contradicts a temporal dimension existing adjacent to that entire space (in addition to different Otherworlds clearly possessing different temporal dimensions).

So Otherworlds all being one, singular space-time literally cannot be true. In fact, Gensokyo and the Outside World are spatially (and thus temporally because of this) separate. The same is true of Gensokyo and Heaven. The notion that these worlds are all connected spatially and temporally is wildly contradicted, and even a very surface-level search of the wiki shows that. I'll dig deeper if I ever get the time, but the very notion of this downgrade (and upgrade too ig) is blatantly unsupported by the lore.

TL;DR: Otherworlds possess individual temporal dimensions, are spatially separate, and these temporal dimensions clearly exist within Otherworlds themselves, not outside of them.

Btw 2 low 2-C feats isn't really an outlier, in a similar vein we have Keine making timelines casually and Eirin's infinite 4D Klein bottle attack, so that alone is 4 feats that support a (very casual) low 2-C, even if anything related to Otherworlds is nuked.

Quick addendum, in case it wasn't obvious enough that Otherworlds are separate space-times, the Occult Balls' space-time transfer does not work inside Senkai, an Otherworld, but instead only works in Gensokyo. If the two shared the same space-time, this wouldn't matter. But that very ******* obviously isn't the case. Senkai is also stated to be a separate dimension from Gensokyo.

TL;DR: Yes Otherworlds are separate space-times and it's ******* embarrassing that I need to explain this when the series drills that into your mind ******* constantly.

I disagree with any of the removals for the reasons Fuji presented, and am neutral on any of the upgrades because while I know Tier 1 Touhou is valid, I'm not quite sure about these specific arguments, I'd need to mull them over.

Would have been hilarious if 2C got removed entirely for reasons not present on the wiki at all and we had a storm of at least 6 people say "agree fra".

Disagree heavy with the thread. But some parts actually see the logic or outright have some belief in. So (while not super descriptive since I'm currently on a time crunch to go to the airport) I want to tackle some things.

The Infinite Speed debunk is just...no. I'm actually 90% sure Saikou tried the same arguments in the past and was immediately proven wrong with the majority of things stated being blatantly false. And this doesn't even address the Sanzu River feat which (I think?) Was the newest additions. Overall there's not really much I can say since Mokou pretty much stated everything wrong with that debunk.

Meiling 5-C I can kind of understand the logic behind this debunk but it srill crumbles apart with just a single glance. The bulk of your argument doesn't even apply to Meiling. We know the power output of the Catfish and the dream versions are either way consistently shown to be physical identical to the "real" characters. (I.E physical strength, speed, etc) to the point Tenshi couldn't even tell the difference when she was partnered up with Shin. Both versions fought (at MINIMUM) close enough to the point it was undetectable. Dream or not if a power is explicitly stated and the dream versions are explicitly shown to be equals to the real versions. Then both scale to each other (ignoring outside sources like being empowered by someone or whatever). No amount of flipping can really affect the feat. It's literally clear cut to the point even the excuse of "taking things too literally" can't even be USED in this context if someone tried.

Resistance to Soul Manip uh...what? I need a break down of this part. We know what the event was, we know soul stuff is being performed. And the characters are perfectly fine...is that not a demonstration? In my eyes that's clearly them resisting an event that is literally happening/happened. With the actual ability to screw with souls...something being exclusive to the verse isn't...an argument? That section feels like you have a complaint with the wiki itself. Outside of that, once again. Mokou pretty much says whatever I need to.

Necromancy While goofy...its still applicable. It's not even the most goofy thing on the wiki. It being goofy isn't a point of debunk.

I do kinda understand the Yukari fear feat though. So I don't really have a agree/disagree with that since...I am hesitant on it but Mokou does kinda make sense. Sooo I rather not dig my nails into something I can swing either way with.

Outside of that. Again. Mokou addressed most of the points in the OP so I have nothing else to say. Just a big hard disagree with the majority of the topic. (I should clarify, I know little about Tier 1 so I won't be touching that).

I guess I'll add that I'm not really torn up over the Yukari Fear Manip thing. I'm neutral on it. I see people fight over removing it a lot but I don't have any strong opinions.

Everything else I agree with Fuji on though.

Disagree heavy with the thread. But some parts actually see the logic or outright have some belief in. So (while not super descriptive since I'm currently on a time crunch to go to the airport) I want to tackle some things.

The Infinite Speed debunk is just...no. I'm actually 90% sure Saikou tried the same arguments in the past and was immediately proven wrong with the majority of things stated being blatantly false. And this doesn't even address the Sanzu River feat which (I think?) Was the newest additions. Overall there's not really much I can say since Mokou pretty much stated everything wrong with that debunk.
We may seriously need a discussion rule on infinite speed Touhou, the arguments never change, have never worked, and are ******* exhausting to debate. At bare minimum, more elaboration on the profiles is needed (particularly in regards to the Palanquin Ship stuff), and maybe a full fledged explanation blog.

I am neutral on Tier 1 & Necromancy existing and my stance regarding High-Godly regen hasn't changed significantly since last time. Besides those, I completely agree with Mokou.

I'm not going to really comment on the legitimacy of anything with the OP given i don't give a flying **** about Touhou and in all honesty would be happier if the verse didn't exist.

But this thread is horribly put into practice, you shouldn't have compiled all your complaints of the verse into one massive thread that only causes more stress and confusion on yourself and on your opponents given the incredible length of the OP and the overabundance of points that are extremely tedious and time consuming to respond to all at once, this extends to both parties, you should've just created one thread that focus purely on AP and Speed while the other focuses on Hax's because it really does seem like you're textually shotgunning your opponents through overwhelming them with 20 different ******* points.

So i'd personally would just remove either the AP and Speed complaints or remove the Hax's complaints, leave either for an entirely separate thread and just focus on the remaining contention.

Last edited:
I agree with what Deceived is saying. Lengthy Touhou threads tend to go bad very fast, and I personally have seen people get sick and ******* tired of extremely lengthy OPs. It reeks a little of bias when my threads are met with "this is spam/the OP is too long" but shit like this is fine :v

Also we literally have 3 other threads open, so technically this shouldn't be open at all...

They're just afraid of Touhou soloing their verses one day :v

But honestly Touhou sucks to debate for or against, threads always turn to shit, and basically everyone else in the VS community thinks that the stats are either wanked or downplayed with no in-between. That probably explains a lot of the hate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back