• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Touhou Discussion Thread 3 ⌈Eternal Fantasy Edition⌋

Junko wouldn't lose anything, no. What she has now is about what every other nameless form gets.
Actually, to clarify on this, her AE would no longer be "the embodiment of something conceptless", it'd probably be changed to her being only sustained by her vengeance after purifying everything else. Being a living emotion is still type 1 AE though, so I guess it'd only change the potency of her AE?

I like to make an announcement, i have fully become the Yuuka Kazami simp
Good, now go play YuuYuu Jiteki no Yuukarin
FryMo9AWAAEE_3I

It's 30% on sale right now for two days but it's free on sites you'll find if you're a heartless, heartless, heartless monster willing to pirate an indie game :)

Isn't Eiki canonically tall or something? There is a youtuber that insists a lot that Eiki isn't a loli and is actually a very tall adult woman (It's cope)

Me waiting for Touhou fans to accept Eiki isn't a bipolar loli: ⚰️
Canon Height and Tall Shiki Eiki is the hottest and coolest thing, they are not ready for that greatness
Also you can make the "I AM TEH AUTORITIEH" as part of a tsundere gap for her instead of a bipolar gremlin lmao

I don't think either of them count as normal by any stretch, albeit Reisen's probably closer to normal, she's still been connected to a moon rabbit group chat for however many years before she defected and ran to earth, and Youmu is afraid of ghost and ghost stories despite being a half ghost herself.

Also, hello, I'm new, and saw a few things that I thought I could be able to help with.

I feel like only Youmu and Reisen that being normal compared to the other MC Gang lmao
I don't think either of them count as normal by any stretch, albeit Reisen's probably closer to normal, she's still been connected to a moon rabbit group chat for however many years before she defected and ran to earth, and Youmu is afraid of ghost and ghost stories despite being a half ghost herself.
Everybody's weird in Gensokyo, that's just how things are. The most "normal" guy in Gensokyo is someone who doesn't think dinosaurs exist, believed a Gameboy was a WMD, and developed a universe-busting weapon for someone who was almost definitely a child at the time.

Also, hello, I'm new, and saw a few things that I thought I could be able to help with.
Also, welcome, always nice to see a new supporter around here. What did you have in mind?

I was going over a few Touhou profiles and noticed the generally shoddy state and how lacking a lot of the profiles were, and wanted to help out. Specifically, I saw that the 36 meter danmaku range is still there for a ton of them, and that some of the more interesting Ability Cards weren't mentioned in the profile of the people who they were based on. It feels weird that there's no mention of Sheep you Want to Count on Doremy's profile, for a particular example.

That being said, I wasn't exactly sure how to go about adding those things, and what justification should be used to put them on the profile.

(I'd also argue that Kosuzu is more of a normal person than Rinnosuke, but it's not like she's all that much less out there than he is.)

Last edited:
Yeah, I've been putting off editing the profiles since I've been rereading everything in order to just rewrite everything from scratch. Progress is slow but steady, so the profiles will be brought up to speed eventually.

Also, the range upgrades were never accepted I'm pretty sure, but I found some possible higher ends for that anyways.

Wow, I didn't realize that DDM was the only actual staff member to agree with that thread. I could have sworn that was one of the CRTs that definitely passed, not one that's still open.

What i mean normal here is the "Tsukkomi" type lel, i can see Youmu and Reisen being the ones that call out the weirdness and goofiness of the MC gang
For wondering what is "Tsukkomi": https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manzai
Finally, more 2hu supporters on the line

What are supporters and opponents? I don't understand those terms very well.
Supporters are people who, unsurprisingly, make upgrades for the verse and are knowledgeable on it. Opponents are knowledgeable, but usually take issues with the upgrades or make their own downgrades. For some reason people think that being an opponent means you hate the verse, which... isn't the case most of the time?

I see. Interesting. Touhou is probably my favorite verse in terms of characters, fandom and stories but I heavily disagree with the scaling and abilities y'all put the character at (The verse caps at mountain level to large star level depending on my mood) But at the same time I just don't really care if this site agrees or disagrees with me, I'll let y'all be. I am very laissez faire in terms of scaling and too lazy to put effort in trying to nerf the characters and wikis. Though I am very spiteful against Undertale and they're currently stronger and faster than Touhou in this wiki (It violates rule #1 of Deidalius' rules for powerscaling) so I advocate for any scaling that puts Touhou above Undertale.

Supporters are people who, unsurprisingly, make upgrades for the verse and are knowledgeable on it. Opponents are knowledgeable, but usually take issues with the upgrades or make their own downgrades. For some reason people think that being an opponent means you hate the verse, which... isn't the case most of the time?
I thought it was just a list of notable fans who either like or dislike a series lol.

Back