• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tier 1 Dragon Ball Is Finally Here, And Hypertimelines Are Back On The Menu! *Visible Groaning Ensues*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Insignificant 5-D is a term for a spatial axis that is not significant enough to be tiered, usually when referencing a multiverse holding parallel timelines. Time dimensions are unrelated. If you have parallel universes in an another space, that space is usually 5-D (not low 1-C) by default unless contradicted, because to have two 4D spacetimes parallel to each other, it has to be displaced over a 5th axis, but that 5th axis size is unknowable. Temporal dimensions are different.
Bruh... dont get me wrong with all my sentence, i say if you just have seperate timelines you can get insignificant 5D. I dont saying it same with the higher timeline or time dimension

Insignificant 5-D is a term for a spatial axis that is not significant enough to be tiered, usually when referencing a multiverse holding parallel timelines. Time dimensions are unrelated. If you have parallel universes in an another space, that space is usually 5-D (not low 1-C) by default unless contradicted, because to have two 4D spacetimes parallel to each other, it has to be displaced over a 5th axis, but that 5th axis size is unknowable. Temporal dimensions are different.
A timeline that includes this is still 4-D because it only qualifies with its infinite axes, namely the 4th dimensional axis, while the 5th dimensional axis it covers is still trivial because the axis on which the timeline extends infinitely is only the 4-dimensional axis.

Anyway, coming to the OP, it is something that is completely outside the logic I explained above, so there is no need to explain it too much.

I'm neutral for now, I don't know if this could be a hypertimeline.

This greater timeline you speak off… is it Zeno’s realm that encompasses all universes or?
Zeno's palace and the World of Void are contained under the timelines. We're not talking about a tangible realm/dimension/entity, but the alternate versions of the 12 universes that are created over time travel. The higher time dimensions represented by the time rings.
tmv6XVh.png

Question.

What proof is there that some overarching timeline is happening and these multiverses aren't simply independent or separated by some sort of true void where instead nothing exists. Or is there a standard in these forums that if multiple multiverses such as this exist, then it must mean 100% that a higher dimension is at work?

Question.

What proof is there that some overarching timeline is happening and these multiverses aren't simply independent or separated by some sort of true void where instead nothing exists. Or is there a standard in these forums that if multiple multiverses such as this exist, then it must mean 100% that a higher dimension is at work?
Zeno's palace and the World of Void are contained under the timelines. We're not talking about a tangible realm/dimension/entity, but the alternate versions of the 12 universes that are created over time travel. The higher time dimensions represented by the time rings.
tmv6XVh.png
The fact that timelines branch proves it’s an alternate timeline since it includes the macrocosms and other dimensions in each one

The fact that timelines branch proves it’s an alternate timeline since it includes the macrocosms and other dimensions in each one
I already read that scan. I am asking if this forum has that thought as a standard, because timelines branching does not prove an overarching, higher dimension on its own. Just the existence of multiple multiverses. Because if that is not a standard, the existence of a higher dimension connecting them isn't instantly proved just because multiple multiverses exist. There could be a void between them or literally kind of nothing. Since parallel by definition means something that doesn't meet or connect in any way it's actually contrary to standard thought to assume that something connects parallel multiverses unless the story has shown such a space.

Some models even stack them together like a tower.

If there's a standard like that here and it's assumed that multiple multiverses must mean that an overarching timeline of higher dimension exists then I agree but if that is not the case I'd just like to see that space being shown and proven to exist.

Either way I'm not arguing the thread all that much. But I do think further clarification from staff in regards to how this matter is seen here would be needed before I could agree in good faith. I'll simply stay neutral with the doubt open for answers until then.

I already read that scan. I am asking if this forum has that thought as a standard, because timelines branching does not prove an overarching, higher dimension on its own. Just the existence of multiple multiverses. Because if that is not a standard, the existence of a higher dimension connecting them isn't instantly proved just because multiple multiverses exist. There could be a void between them or literally kind of nothing. Since parallel by definition means something that doesn't meet or connect in any way it's actually contrary to standard thought to assume that something connects parallel multiverses unless the story has shown such a space.

If there's a standard like that here and it's assumed that multiple multiverses must mean that an overarching timeline of higher dimension exists then I agree but if that is not the case I'd just like to see that space being shown and proven to exist.

Either way I'm not arguing the thread all that much. But I do think further clarification from staff in regards to how this matter is seen here would be needed before I could agree in good faith. I'll simply stay neutral with the doubt open for answers until then.
I have no idea what you’re saying or what void you’re talking about, but branching timeline are considered to have an overarching principle If that’s what you’re asking.

It’s been accepted that there’s an all-encompassing timeline over the 12 universes since the earliest days of this site. That’s why for several years, there’s been debate over whether or not the fact that time travel in one universe affects another is an anti-feat proving the 12 universes share a space-time, and the overarching timeline is Low 2-C rather than 2-C. It’s why we had to paste this on all the Dragon Ball pages.
Note: We consider the universes in Dragon Ball alternate time-spaces relative to each other, hence why Zen'ō is rated as 2-C, despite the events in the Goku Black Saga showing parallel timelines encompassing the whole of the multiverse.

The reason for this is that Universe 7 by itself has already been shown to contain parallel space-time continuums within its globe, such as the Room of Spirit and Time, which is still affected by time travel; which proves that the new timelines can encompass other space-times as well, and thus the events in the Future Trunks Saga don't prove anything in the way of the universes being physically connected.

It’s been accepted that there’s an all-encompassing timeline over the 12 universes since the earliest days of this site. That’s why for several years, there’s been debate over whether or not the fact that time travel in one universe affects another is an anti-feat proving the 12 universes share a space-time, and the overarching timeline is Low 2-C rather than 2-C. It’s why we had to paste this on all the Dragon Ball pages.
Yes, but that wasn't my question. It was whether or not there is an accepted higher timeline because multiple copies of the 12 universes exist. In a layman's words, is the standard here that, when another 12-universe multiverse is made, a Low 1-C timeline must be there connecting both multiverses, including each of their 12-universe encompassing timelines.

Because Multiverses could simply exist independently, without any connecting grounds between them. It could be just void outside.
I have no idea what you’re saying or what void you’re talking about, but branching timeline are considered to have an overarching principle If that’s what you’re asking.
I was saying that the existence of multiple multiverses does not inherently imply a higher dimension unless shown by the franchise, as there could just as well be nothing between them. If it is a standard here that multiple multiverses = there definitely is a higher dimension that connects them, I agree with the thread.

If there is no such standard I'd like proof that there exists space encompassing and connecting these multiverses before agreeing with the proposal.

Question.

Cause I'm pretty sure the anime and manga pretty much detail that the timelines have their own multiverses

Yes, but that wasn't my question. It was whether or not there is an accepted higher timeline because multiple copies of the 12 universes exist. In a layman's words, is the standard here that, when another 12-universe multiverse is made, a Low 1-C timeline must be there connecting both multiverses, including each of their 12-universe encompassing timelines.

Because Multiverses could simply exist independently, without any connecting grounds between them. It could be just void outside.

I was saying that the existence of multiple multiverses does not inherently imply a higher dimension unless shown by the franchise, as there could just as well be nothing between them. If it is a standard here that multiple multiverses = there definitely is a higher dimension that connects them, I agree with the thread.

If there is no such standard I'd like proof that there exists space encompassing and connecting these multiverses before agreeing with the proposal.
So you are asking why a db overarching timeline would be a higher dimension in simple words

That was the point of the link and the fact that branching timeline makes copies is literally enough proof that it‘s its own timeline

3D matter inside of a universe

Adding Time

4D Universe (Uncountably 3D snapshots)

Adding Time Again

5D (Uncountably 4D snapshots) This is quite literally the site standard

Cause I'm pretty sure the anime and manga pretty much detail that the timelines have their own multiverses
Yes, but that still wasn't my question. Let me break down my doubt.

One timeline is 2-C, 12 Low 2-C Universes. Multiple timelines, multiple twelve universes. A tier 1, overarching timeline, would have connected these multiple multiverses together.

Which leads to my question. We have proof that each timeline has 12 universes. Is there proof that there is also a dimension connecting these timelines (with 12 universes each) together? Or is the reasoning for the upgrade coming from any one overarching timeline that connects these 12 universes being considered higher, in light of each encompassing 12 ❝lesser❞ universal space times?

That is kinda all that I'm asking here.
That was the point of the link and the fact that branching timeline makes copies is literally enough proof that it‘s its own timeline

3D matter inside of a universe

Adding Time

4D Universe (Uncountably 3D snapshots)

Adding Time Again

5D (Uncountably 4D snapshots) This is quite literally the site standard
So from this answer the standard here would be that the timeline encompassing the twelve universes is already tier 1? If yes, thank you. That would have answered my question.

Neutral for this. I personally think that more evidence should be there before just saying that the bigger timeline is Low 1C, but if the standards are aligned with it, then I don't particularly have an issue with it.
I don't understand, its not simply just saying the timeline is low 1-C for being bigger. It overarches lesser distinct time dimensions.

I feel like you're overcomplicating this. If time travel affects multiple universes, and these alternate multiverses which are created are literally, verbatim described as timelines, it takes far less effort to say that there is an overarching timeline than to jump through hoops and argue that in a total vacuum, there exists a mechanic in Dragon Ball where multiple copies of the same multiverse exist, these multiple multiverses are explored under the context of timeline-splitting, and conclude that these are just random multiple multiverses than entities defined by an all-encompassing timeline.

I feel like you're overcomplicating this. If time travel affects multiple universes, and these alternate multiverses which are created are literally, verbatim described as timelines, it takes far less effort to say that there is an overarching timeline than to jump through hoops and argue that in a total vacuum, there exists a mechanic in Dragon Ball where multiple copies of the same multiverse exist, these multiple multiverses are explored under the context of timeline-splitting, and conclude that these are just random multiple multiverses than entities defined by an all-encompassing timeline.
What is overcomplicating to one is being thorough to another. Though, I must correct you in one thing. In a total vacuum we make no assumptions about what is happening, especially when it comes to a whole dimensional jump for a cosmology. But GodofICE already gave me a concrete answer about how the standards for this are worked with here so it's not like I was arguing more than stablishing what are the rules for this topic.

Keep in mind that VSB are not the only forums and thoughts on dimensions widely vary depending on where you ask and who you are working with, be it in scaling or other topics of study.

What is overcomplicating to one is being thorough to another. Though, I must correct you in one thing. In a total vacuum we make no assumptions about what is happening, especially when it comes to a whole dimensional jump for a cosmology. But GodofICE already gave me a concrete answer about how the standards for this are worked with here so it's not like I was arguing more than stablishing what are the rules for this topic.

Keep in mind that VSB are not the only forums and thoughts on dimensions widely vary depending on where you ask and who you are working with, be it in scaling or other topics of study.
Oh, I see👍.

Here we go again, first making this despite the discussion rule is something.
And secondly, this should be a staff thread, it is DB and it is tier 1 to add to it. Also I cant have 5 people replying to me at the same time like the last time.
And of course I disagree, it is just you misunderstanding the standards like I told you and also DT said.
I will drop a single reply to the OP before the end of the weekend. And nothing more, I will not go in circles this time.

And secondly, this should be a staff thread, it is DB and it is tier 1 to add to it. Also I cant have 5 people replying to me at the same time like the last time.
And of course I disagree, it is just you misunderstanding the standards like I told you and also DT said.
I will drop a single reply to the OP before the end of the weekend. And nothing more, I will not go in circles this time.
I wonder if you actually read it this time, instead of saying we are just wrong.

I addressed that in the first paragraph: I made this thread due to a recent standards change. I went out of my way to highlight that as a disclaimer. This response is remarkably uncompelling.
And secondly, this should be a staff thread, it is DB and it is tier 1 to add to it.
I disagree with that.
Also I cant have 5 people replying to me at the same time like the last time.
Why? Plenty of CRT’s involve one person arguing for their side against countless opponents. I don’t sympathize with this concern at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back