• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tien Shinhan, Krillin and possibly Yamcha should be upgraded to "at least High 5-A"

Status
Not open for further replies.
sNcm8Vy.png
It occurred after the Gero blasted the heck out of the place. What are you trying to argue?

One thing that came to mind right now is the possibility of Kikoho scaling to Tier 4 during the Android/Cell Saga. This doesn't involve scaling to Cell as it didn't do any actual damage to Cell iirc, but it does involve him. It comes from the fact that it had a greater effect on Cell than Piccolo's Light Grenade did. Imperfect Cell took Piccolo's full power Light Grenade and it had no effect on him, while Semi-Perfect Cell was being pinned down and pushed back by Tien's Kikoho and couldn't escape it. So Tiens Kikoho would have to have had more power and force to it than Piccolo's Light Grenade (I think).

This isn't part of the revision, but it came to mind.

One thing that came to mind right now is the possibility of Kikoho scaling to Tier 4 during the Android/Cell Saga. This doesn't involve scaling to Cell as it didn't do any actual damage to Cell iirc, but it does involve him. It comes from the fact that it had a greater effect on Cell than Piccolo's Light Grenade did. Imperfect Cell took Piccolo's full power Light Grenade and it had no effect on him, while Semi-Perfect Cell was being pinned down and pushed back by Tien's Kikoho and couldn't escape it. So Tiens Kikoho would have to have had more power and force to it than Piccolo's Light Grenade (I think).

I completely agree with this.

I do agree with the Kikoho scaling above LG, I thought that was accepted here but I guess not.

The decrease in speed happened because of the increased muscles. The point is, even outside of that, the rate of increases speed and power have aren't always 1:1 because other factors exist.
Yeah the decrease in speed was indeed the muscle mass I think we all agree with that.
The statement made by Vegeta was “If my power increase doesnt my speed increase along with it
By the definition of along with, it would indeed be a 1:1 rate and I dont see any reason to disregard this as there is nothing contradicting it.
Here, I also made a mistake earlier. I meant to say that Goku was faster despite having a lower power-level (Goku has 90,000 in his base, Ginyu's max is 120,000).
You understand the possibility of Ginyu being suppressed was high at that moment?
As stated 120,000 is his TOP power level and its even said he can control his power at will meaning hes not always at 120k. Also it being his TOP implies hes not at that level at the moment anyways so Goku was faster than a suppressed Ginyu.
Not only that, but Ginyu thought that this “faster” than himself Goku was holding back and it was best for him to stop underestimating ginyu which implies Ginyu was indeed holding back.
Ginyu was confident in fighting a stronger and faster Goku.
So this alone isn’t enough reasoning to say that this statement is inconsistent and doesnt work.

Last edited:
Very pointless discussion, if a character isn't specified to be focused on power or speed, you shouldn't assume stuff. It's as simple as that.

Tien is a balanced fighter, just like Vegeta and Goku, if he is faster by a large margin than 3,000,000 PL Goku and Post-Zenkai Vegeta, he is more than likely stronger than them too, otherwise Vegeta's statement about PL has no weight.

Yeah the decrease in speed was indeed the muscle mass I think we all agree with that.
The statement made by Vegeta was “If my power increase doesnt my speed increase along with it
By the definition of along with, it would indeed be a 1:1 rate and I dont see any reason to disregard this as there is nothing contradicting it.
I noted contradictions but there's something that bugs me about that scan. Do you know where it's from? I found a different translation (I linked it earlier and changed that too), that's why I'm asking.
You understand the possibility of Ginyu being suppressed was high at that moment?
As stated 120,000 is his TOP power level and its even said he can control his power at will meaning hes not always at 120k. Also it being his TOP implies hes not at that level at the moment anyways so Goku was faster than a suppressed Ginyu.
Not only that, but Ginyu thought that this “faster” than himself Goku was holding back and it was best for him to stop underestimating ginyu which implies Ginyu was indeed holding back.
Ginyu was confident in fighting a stronger and faster Goku.
So this alone isn’t enough reasoning to say that this statement is inconsistent and doesnt work.
Ginyu also stated that he can't imagine Goku having a battle power which is greater than 85,000. Ginyu was extremely shocked at Goku's speed, similar to how he was when he saw Goku use Kaioken except to a lesser extent, so he did mean it when he said that. That being said, if Ginyu was far stronger and durable, there's no point in Goku's power-up. So my reasoning should work.

Last edited:
I noted contradictions but there's something that bugs me about that scan. Do you know where it's from? I found a different translation (I linked it earlier and changed that too), that's why I'm asking.
The only contradiction that I have seen were G3 Trunks and the Ginyu thing (what I have just went over) other than that I do not see any contradictions. Please quote them.
The translation is from Viz, what other scan did you show?
Ginyu also stated that he can't imagine Goku having a battle power which is greater than 85,000. Ginyu was extremely shocked at Goku's speed, similar to how he was when he saw Goku use Kaioken except to a lesser extent, so he did mean it when he said that. That being said, if Ginyu was far stronger and durable, there's no point in Goku's power-up. So my reasoning should work.
Ginyu already guessing on what Goku’s power level would cap out at refutes nothing at all. It doesnt change the fact that Ginyu was suppressed (i proved this) and that he was confident in fighting an even stronger Goku as he noticed he was indeed suppressed (without the kaioken). It makes no sense for ginyu to be extremely shocked at his speed and for him to be faster than him even at his max state (ginyu wasnt at max power) if he was confident and felt that goku was downplaying him if he was truly slower than Goku. That doesnt line up and isnt what the story sets out.
“That being said, if Ginyu was far stronger and durable, there's no point in Goku's power-up.”
What exactly do you mean by this?

The only contradiction that I have seen were G3 Trunks and the Ginyu thing (what I have just went over) other than that I do not see any contradictions. Please quote them.
The translation is from Viz, what other scan did you show?
I don't think "along with" would have to be 1:1, if you want to be technical, it can just mean that when the power (level) increases the speed does too. When the power increases by 1, the speed can increase by some amount that doesn't have to be constant. I guess that is a nitpick though, probably won't fly here.
Ginyu already guessing on what Goku’s power level would cap out at refutes nothing at all. It doesnt change the fact that Ginyu was suppressed (i proved this) and that he was confident in fighting an even stronger Goku as he noticed he was indeed suppressed (without the kaioken). It makes no sense for ginyu to be extremely shocked at his speed and for him to be faster than him even at his max state (ginyu wasnt at max power) if he was confident and felt that goku was downplaying him if he was truly slower than Goku. That doesnt line up and isnt what the story sets out.
“That being said, if Ginyu was far stronger and durable, there's no point in Goku's power-up.”
What exactly do you mean by this?
I said that in my logic, even though Goku would be faster than Ginyu at max speed, it won't matter since Ginyu would be superior otherwise.

I also changed the links to Discord links so they should work, don't click on the already quoted text from previous replies, since they have the original broken link. Sorry about that, I didn't think it would be like this.

Krillin surpassed Tien when Guru unlocked his hidden potential, but Tien quickly surpassed Krillin again after that as you can see in these scans from the manga:
About this, didn't Krillin stand back because he was scared? I don't think that necessarily proves that Tien is stronger.

Also, shouldn't we get staff input?

Last edited:
About this, didn't Krillin stand back because he was scared? I don't think that necessarily proves that Tien is stronger
Then why didn't Tien stand back too. Also, Krillin isn't precisely a "coward" (he fought 2nd Form Frieza few minutes after being brutally attacked by him)

Then why didn't Tien stand back too. Also, Krillin isn't precisely a "coward" (he fought 2nd Form Frieza few minutes after being brutally attacked by him)
I never called Krillin a coward, but you can tell that Krillin was extremely scared. As for Tien, why would Tien stand back? Tien has never been like that, he even went to fight against Boo and Cell despite standing no chance. He went to fight here to help them out, even though he knew that he was practically useless against them. I guess in this case, Krillin was kind of acting out of character.

I do not agree with the OP. Goku wasn't really going all out or wasn't serious during this situation; not to mention there was also the heart virus thing coming later. Tien, Krillin, and Yamcha have no bearing to be above Frieza's 1st form let alone comparable to Goku was in Frieza saga. Yamcha was only though to be roughly as strong Goku was in Saiyan Saga with the Kaioken x4 being generous. It seems a like a weird loophole reasoning for an upgrade.

Yamcha was only though to be roughly as strong Goku was in Saiyan Saga with the Kaioken x4 being generous. It seems a like a weird loophole reasoning for an upgrade.
Wanna remind you that he also calculated Goku's growth as well. It's very heavily implied that he was gonna be as strong as in the CellSaga but became so strong because Trunks told Goku about the threat and they trained. So basically they thought that Base Yamcha in the present timeline = Base Goku in the future timeline. Which would in fact make the "weakest" character be able to scale.

They couldn't have known how strong Goku grew in Frieza saga because they did not analyze that.

Thoughts on this @DarkDragonMedeus ?

They said that measured to the extreme.
He measured Goku's hypothetical power by projecting the "most extreme rate of improvement for an adult combatant". He does not know about their Accelerated Development or their Reactive Power Level should've followed him to Namek smh. This is taking into account the rate of improvement for humans across three years. There is no way Gero could manage to calculate Namek Saga Goku's level of power, since he only attained that power as a result of his Accelerated Development and Reactive Power Level, factors Gero neglected to include.
So basically they thought that Base Yamcha in the present timeline = Base Goku in the future timeline.
Ignoring the fact that Dr. Gero is from the present, the only reason Android 19 surmised that Yamcha was Goku was because his power exceeded normal humans; "This guy's power has surpassed all known human limits. He must be Goku."

Yamcha should still be above 32,000 (Goku Kaio-Ken x4), and he wasn't going all out at the time either.

Actually, the virus did affect and drain his stamina even before he went SSJ. He was out of breath after flying a fair distance, as noted by Tien.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back