• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High 6-A Dragon Ball Upgrades (+Fixing The Power Level Issue)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oozaru which multiplies power tenfold made Kid Goku go from 10 to 100
Kaioken which double the base power of the user turns Namek Goku from 90,000 to 180,000
Super Saiyan which is accepted as x50 multplier increases Frieza Saga Goku from 3,000,000 to 150,000,000
Power Levels are a numerical representation of battle power.
If-
If one's battle power is multiplied, then... y'know... their Power Level multiplies?

By your logic, the Power Level increasing results in battle power increasing; that is backwards.

This should moved to Fun and Games. I can't see someone seriously doing a CRT like that with this arguments.
How rude! Getting those scans and writting this took time, ya know?
That's not how downscale someone works, without a proper number.
Well we have a calc now, it's High 7-C
Although this is right, I shouldn't have assumed it being so high
Why the hell when the guide as release maters to the original intent from the scene? That still could be considered a joke feat, even if the guide as release when the manga stoped being a "Gag manga", since the original scene could still be considered a outlier.
A gag feat and an outlier are different, also it being acknowledged during a period where Dragon Ball stopped being a gag manga, and even it being revealled in the Guidebook rather than the manga, should make it not a gag feat, it being an outlier is a different discussion
Ok, and that supposed to prove what exactly? Everyone knows that already.
A static multiplier increasing the PL (Which are apparently not linear) linearly should prove that it's linear
lmao, in that scene The Rabbit Monsters transformed Bulma into a carrot, and as holding her hostage, so Goku need to take that beating.
And he don't even looked harmed by the Mobs attacks, like the next panel where they stopped beating him, he looks complety fine.
The next panel doesn't matter, in the panel in which Yamcha saved the day, Goku had a black eye and bandage

Power Levels are non-linear.
Explicitly stated increases in strength are linear.
When the explicitly stated increases are the same as the Power Level increases, then Power Levels being linear is the only possible explanation
Firstly, they are armed gunmen.
Secondly, how odd. Hm. Mmm. Grmm...
They didn't use their guns to harm Goku,
Goku being stronger doesn't make them millions of times below him, now does it?
Y'know the Daizenshuu is fallible, correct?
Besides, "already has twice the power of a an ordinary person" and "is twice as strong as a normal human" are not equivalent statements.
The Daizenshuu is fallible when it contradicts something clearly stated in the manga, which this isn't
As for the second part, the "already" was put there because this is Pilaf Saga Goku, the statement is pretty clear

Power Levels are a numerical representation of battle power.
If-
If one's battle power is multiplied, then... y'know... their Power Level multiplies?

By your logic, the Power Level increasing results in battle power increasing; that is backwards.
If 1 PL is 2 Joules and 3 PL is 99 Joules
Then a 1 PL getting a x10 multiplier wouldn't have a 10 PL, lad wouldn't even reach a PL of 3
That's why PL must be linear for this to make sense

Eh, I wouldn't use that given, well that's a 9-B anti-feat, it contradicts every value above 9-B, let alone High 6-A. We obviously don't take that as an actual contradiction to the rest.

Though I ultimately agree with you, unless they were hit directly by the Kamehameha they wouldn't be 5-C, and even a few meters of distance would drop it to High 6-A (1-2 meters is a whole magnitude even).

When working with a potential maximum distance of the whole moon it very well has the chance to drop to even tier 9 at maximum distance, or anything in-between based on how far, which is to say this feat can't be used for anything at all without a hard distance and in some cases wouldn't even be an upgrade.

Ain't no way y'all believe 16 year old bulma with just her car and gun solos 99% of anime action heroes.

Disagree fra.

Though I ultimately agree with you, unless they were hit directly by the Kamehameha they wouldn't be 5-C, and even a few meters of distance would drop it to High 6-A (1-2 meters is a whole magnitude even).

When working with a potential maximum distance of the whole moon it very well has the chance to drop to even tier 9 at maximum distance, or anything in-between based on how far, which is to say this feat can't be used for anything at all without a hard distance and in some cases wouldn't even be an upgrade.
Apparently it's at least High 7-C, although it being 8-C would support regular lads scaling to Pilaf Saga Goku

Eh, I wouldn't use that given, well that's a 9-B anti-feat, it contradicts every value above 9-B, let alone High 6-A. We obviously don't take that as an actual contradiction to the rest.
I have a lot easier time believing that an 8-C character can be nicked by bullets than I do believing a High 6-A character can be.

The "2x a normal person" thing is blatantly wrong, I'm pretty sure one of the official websites showed that the farmer was above average.

Apparently it's at least High 7-C, although it being 8-C would support regular lads scaling to Pilaf Saga Goku

Why radius? The diameter would drop it down like 7x.
Which, well that's a blatant outlier for that point in the manga? Anything pre-RR is blatantly sub-nuke level.

And tbh, in this hypothetical distance, that's still ignoring the attack had to blow apart the moon, it isn't like he took the explosion with nothing between him and the blast, but rather, quadrillions of tons of rock.
I have a lot easier time believing that an 8-C character can be nicked by bullets than I do believing a High 6-A character can be.
We live in a world where FF has tier 2 bullets. It is what it is, basic gunfire hurting either is objectively dumb.

Both a 8-C and a High 6-A should be bulletproof against a machine gun, they should be the same thing
An 8-C and a High 6-A character are not the same thing.

Also, piercing attacks are still a thing, remember? A bullet targets an area with less surface area than a punch does. A 9-B bullet is going to do more damage than a 9-B punch, and all three of those characters are still effectively bulletproof since they only received minor wounds.

Come on lads, this thread has barely been active for 2 hours, I've spent like more time getting the scans and writtin it, yall can probably keep it open for like 4 more hours, maybe?

The "2x a normal person" thing is blatantly wrong, I'm pretty sure one of the official websites showed that the farmer was above average.
The farmer is mocked by Raditz for his weakness as he scorns, "Power Level...only five. What a planet!" But considering that in the Android and Cell arcs, a young Trunks' Power Level was also 5, this farmer is actually pretty tough for a run-of-the-mill Earthling!
Think the statement basically just called him on-par with an athletic teenager, which would still count as an "ordinary human"

At best, I would recommend using Inverse Square Law and comparing Monster Carrot's cross sectional area to the surface area of the Moon. And he's only tank a small portion of it.

At best, I would recommend using Inverse Square Law and comparing Monster Carrot's cross sectional area to the surface area of the Moon. And he's only tank a small portion of it.
The result would still be an outlier for how strong the characters are at the time. There's no consistency to it.

High 6-A humans are more inconsistent than Super's post-BOG scaling, disagree fra

I disagree. Although I think power levels should be linear when Kaioken is introduced in the manga, before Kaioken would make ordinary humans in Dragon Ball capable of destroying continents with a power level of 5, and an above average, strong human such as Mr. Satan broke 14 tiles out of 15, and apparently got his hand hurt in the process

The result would still be an outlier for how strong the characters are at the time. There's no consistency to it.
I know, I was just giving an "At best" as a key term. Though the feat of Goku launching Monster Carrot to the moon is at least worth looking into.

I disagree. Although I think power levels should be linear when Kaioken is introduced in the manga, before Kaioken would make ordinary humans in Dragon Ball capable of destroying continents with a power level of 5, and an above average, strong human such as Mr. Satan broke 14 tiles out of 15, and apparently got his hand hurt in the process
Oozaru turns Pilaf Saga Goku from 10 to 100, so if we take this approach then it would start from Pilaf Saga Goku

I'mma go sleep so won't be able to respond to stuff for awhile, I think even if the High 6-A or whatever Tier Monster Carrot's feat ends up being isn't accepted or gets treated as an outlier, the human cast should still end up being 8-C via the Daizenshuu statement and the Rabbit Mob giving Pilaf Saga Goku a black eye, it's a pretty safe compromise since we have a bunch of verses which place regular humans in Tier 9 or 8 (Danganronpa as an example)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back