• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High 6-A Dragon Ball Upgrades (+Fixing The Power Level Issue)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree. Although I think power levels should be linear when Kaioken is introduced in the manga, before Kaioken would make ordinary humans in Dragon Ball capable of destroying continents with a power level of 5, and an above average, strong human such as Mr. Satan broke 14 tiles out of 15, and apparently got his hand hurt in the process
Why would we threat it as non linear before a arbitrary time frame ehen the system used is the same all through the manga?

for the record i disagree with the upgrade, i just think that the machine gun argument is equally dumb
yes, i agree with that.
0084-005.png

Yeah, this is such a huge outlier from what is clearly meant to be a gag, and likewise meant to remain one, pretty much like the trio misteriously returning on the moon after Kami restored it more than 1 year after it was blown up or them being perfectly fine without the need or breathing, while Goku and all the others needed it.

And no, power levels aren't linear, the whole manga is filled with contradictions about it, from feats to nonsensical scaling to characters oneshotting each other upon mere differences to them still clashing in spite of much larger numbers.

Pretty sure that for you to be completely bullet proof you need to be like, 8-B or something
Idk where to find the info but let's say the tip of the bullet is 1mm in diameter or an area of 0.007854cm^2. Surface area of an adult man is 18,000 cm^2. Divide the area of human by area of bullet tip and you get 2291825.82124. The energy of a 12g bullet shot out of a .357 magnum is 790.
790*2291825.82124=1810542398.78 joules or 0.43 tons of tnt - 8-C. Basically to tank bullets you need to upscale from this

BUT (and that's a pretty big but) this calc is inaccurate. Why? Simply put, the 790J won't be transferred via just the tip, it comes from the bullet's full impact. Thus, the results for full on tanking it would be in 9-B, what i did was an overexaggerated approximation.

Yeah, this is such a huge outlier from what is clearly meant to be a gag, and likewise meant to remain one, pretty much like the trio misteriously returning on the moon after Kami restored it more than 1 year after it was blown up or them being perfectly fine without the need or breathing, while Goku and all the others needed it.

And no, power levels aren't linear, the whole manga is filled with contradictions about it, from feats to nonsensical scaling to characters oneshotting each other upon mere differences to them still clashing in spite of much larger numbers.
Monster Carrot's feat ended up being Tier 7, so no point in talking about it anymore,
I don't see how that proves that power levels aren't linear? The feats contradict it because of calcs, it ain't really Toriyama's fault that destroying a planet ended up being x6000 what someone would expect, and I'm pretty sure every one-shot done by closish Power Levels was done with a charged Ki Blast, so yeah
Like, even if we don't treat them as linear, the story intented them to be linear, that's why Goku's PL increases by x10 when his power also did so

I disagree with the upgrade, outlier and all of that

But the anti-feats are equally as dumb, brick wall is 9-B, and considering that machine gun isn't firing 50 Caliber Armor Piercing rounds, no way in hell is it even scratching an 8-C.

Like, we don't care if the verse treats the characters as regular humans, if they perform a Tier 8 or 7 feat, then they end up being rated as such
This isn't even the most egregious case, Danny Phantom lists regular(ish) humans as 2-C
Loving how Danny Phantom is about start being used as a reference point on "egregious" ratings, I've only seen popular verses used in similar manner. Now since this is a Dragon Ball thread I'm not going to derail and explain why the "regular human" angle doesn't work, so I'll just focus on the thread itself.

I have mixed thoughts on how we handle power levels so my general stance on them being linear is neutral but since we have our calcs that showcase how strong they are, it shows inconsistencies in trying to scale them linearly regardless of author intent. You've got characters stomping other characters with relatively close power levels but that's not always the case as other users have stated above. Not in agreement with the whole bullet argument thing though.

Frieza's calc is I think the only feat that creates inconsistencies with the linear stuff, although the re-calc is around x80 baseline 5-B, which is around his actual PL

Frieza's calc is I think the only feat that creates inconsistencies with the linear stuff, although the re-calc is around x80 baseline 5-B, which is around his actual PL
I was about to bring up another example but i forgot we booted some calcs awhile ago.

"Twice the power of an ordinary person" in this specific situation is referring to power levels, due to well the context and the use of "power" as a measuring stick. Basically the guide is just saying that Goku has twice the battle power of a normal person

"Twice the power of an ordinary person" in this specific situation is referring to power levels, due to well the context and the use of "power" as a measuring stick. Basically the guide is just saying that Goku has twice the battle power of a normal person
Nah, Dragon Ball Forever does the same thing and its stuff are gonna be accepted as actual multipliers lol
Plus, we still have the Rabbit Gang giving Goku a black eye

Plus, we still have the Rabbit Gang giving Goku a black eye
Because he allowed the Mob to? Monster Carrot threatened to eat the carrotized Bulma if Goku attacked, and immediately after Bulma was "rescued", Goku leapt into action and effortlessly defeated the Carrot.

Stronger characters can and have been shown being injured, to a degree, by attacks from weaker characters; for example, Super Saiyan Goku took 50% Frieza's Death Beam directly to the chin and emerged with a bleeding lip and a bruised chin, and then he was blasted into the oceans of Namek by <75% Frieza's kiai.

You do realize 10-Bs wouldn't be able to scratch, or even make a 8-C flinch? I'm just saying that they should downscale from Goku for being able to harm him despite being inferior, lad even had visible bruises from their attacks

The threads been open for 24 hours and none of the staff members who have commented here appear to support it. Can we close this now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back