• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

22nd Budokai Arc Downgrades (Dragon Ball)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't "bruh" me, it's an official guide, and the drafts were written by Shueisha themselves, it's already accepted. Stop this arbitrary regionalism where only Japanese guides are valid.

5-C Kikoho is already supported by El Manga Legendario, so there's that
Yeah it's actually an official guide. Now to find the part.
15440526_1238044156234019_2369461654293534645_o.jpg

Since when does someone not take his own max power onto account when comparing his ability with someone else?

If Frieza days someone is stronger than his final form, would that not include his 100% power?

I'd like to point out that Tien was never going at full power against Roshi until the very end where he basically dominated the entire fight, Roshi never managed to even hurt him in any way once during their battle.

So @KingTempest's comments about Tien struggling against Base Roshi are just contradicted by the source material!
Roshi maybe got one or two hits in by having better experience, and Tien holding back significantly since he didn't even know Roshi would be that strong, Roshi doesn't land a single hit after Tien goes full power.

Considering this, it's incredibly weird to consider that the line where Roshi says he would probably lose is refering to his base form, it makes no sense! Roshi didn't stand a chance in base against a full power Tien, the correct statement would be that he would definitely lose had the battle kept going, Tien even says as much based on Roshi's performance, the only thing that could even give Roshi a slight chance at victory would be his Max Power form. I disagree with the thread based on these reasons.

Roshi basically admits that he wouldn't been able to defeat Tien, verbatim. Saying he could have done it had he gone all out is just ignoring the line entirely.

Last edited:
I'd like to point out that Tien was never going at full power against Roshi until the very end where he basically dominated the entire fight, Roshi never managed to even hurt him in any way once during their battle.

So @KingTempest's comments about Tien struggling against Base Roshi are just contradicted by the source material!
Roshi maybe got one or two hits in by having better experience, and Tien holding back significantly since he didn't even know Roshi would be that strong, Roshi doesn't land a single hit after Tien goes full power.

Considering this, it's incredibly weird to consider that the line where Roshi says he would probably lose is refering to his base form, it makes no sense! Roshi didn't stand a chance in base against a full power Tien, the correct statement would be that he would definitely lose had the battle kept going, the only thing that could even give Roshi a slight chance at victory would be his Max Power form. I disagree with the thread based on these reasons.
Should I search for el manga? I have actually found the information we probably want in tome 11. But I can't speak spanish.

How can i send it to you? No idea if it can be posted here as it is too big of a file. It says that the collection is also in Italy and Greece....I knew I had that collection. I had some figures shown here.
I have access to all 50, just tell me the volume and I'll find it. Or screenshot the relevant page and send it to me

It's the n.11 one I believe. Page 15 and 18 seem to talk about it. No idea if there is more info in other tomes.
It's just a new page talking about how the Kikoho has an immense destructive power that surpasses the Kamehameha. No different than Roshi's own statement really!
No other relevant info

Is that image by any chance more informative?
15493290_1238050426233392_3509113691804457922_o.jpg
"En aquel momento pasó a ser la técnica letal más poderosa que se había visto en Dragon Ball, y Goku no tuvo otra opción que esquivarla volando. Dicho sea de paso, en la edición anterior se habían destruido la caseta del lugar del torneo y la Luna, y en ésta el ring"

""At that moment it became the most powerful lethal technique that had been seen in Dragon Ball, and Goku had no choice but to dodge it by flying. By the way, in the previous edition they had destroyed the booth at the tournament venue and the Moon, and in this the ring"

Outside of this it's just talking about basic information.

"En aquel momento pasó a ser la técnica letal más poderosa que se había visto en Dragon Ball, y Goku no tuvo otra opción que esquivarla volando. Dicho sea de paso, en la edición anterior se habían destruido la caseta del lugar del torneo y la Luna, y en ésta el ring"

""At that moment it became the most powerful lethal technique that had been seen in Dragon Ball, and Goku had no choice but to dodge it by flying. By the way, in the previous edition they had destroyed the booth at the tournament venue and the Moon, and in this the ring"

Outside of this it's just talking about basic information.
Is that any good for proof?

Thank you both. I'll update the tally and put it in the OP.

After reviewing all of the evidence, I think that going with a "Possibly 5-C" rating like @DarkDragonMedeus has suggested is the best route to go with for now. @Maverick_Zero_X @KingTempest What do you think?

Why only possibly? The Power Levels support it. The story (literal narrative themes) supports it. The characters themselves state it. The mechanics of the power at display require it. And now you have a whole guide stating it verbatim.

As Lephyr stated, it makes no sense to suggest a “Possibly,” rating here. It should legitimately simply be “Large Building Level, Moon Level with Kikoho/Kamehameha.”

Why only possibly? The Power Levels support it. The story (literal narrative themes) supports it. The characters themselves state it. The mechanics of the power at display require it. And now you have a whole guide stating it verbatim.

As Lephyr stated, it makes no sense to suggest a “Possibly,” rating here. It should legitimately simply be “Large Building Level, Moon Level with Kikoho/Kamehameha.”
I don't agree that the Power Level support it, or the narrative themes, or the characters or the mechanics. The guidebook is why I'm considering a Possibly 5-C being a fine compromise.

Going back over it again will just be arguing in circles as I've already addressed the arguments.

Yeah it's just a difference of opinion. I think they have moon lv dura, you think in tri-beam only and damage now thinks a possibly rating. It's just different opinions that people vote for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back