• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Elder Scrolls Revisions II: Daggerfall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Satakal is a metaphor for the Aurbis, the Grey MAYBE created by the merging of the two-fold concepts that Anu and Padomay represent (Stasis + Change, IS + IS-NOT), a primordial marriage, if you will. The Argonian Creation Myth indicates that, as in it, Atak (Anu) and Kota (Padomay) devour and curl upon each other to form "Atakota", who embodies "MAYBE".

There isn't a giant Snake living beyond the Aurbis or anything like that.

DivineTedrius said:
Who'd be the strongest follower after revisions? Serana?
In Skyrim, probably.

I'm pretty sure previous games have had some stronger followers, although I might be wrong.

Ultima Reality said:
Satakal is a metaphor for the Aurbis, the Grey MAYBE created by the merging of the two-fold concepts that Anu and Padomay represent (Stasis + Change, IS + IS-NOT), a primordial marriage, if you will. The Argonian Creation Myth indicates that, as in it, Atak (Anu) and Kota (Padomay) devour and curl upon each other to form "Atakota", who embodies "MAYBE".
There isn't a giant Snake living beyond the Aurbis or anything like that.
I am not saying it is Beyond Aurbis. While Satakal is Aurbis itself, it is the force that creates Aurbis(es) to come. Each Satak is an Aurbis, and Satakal is present to create Aurbis upon Aurbis or wheels upon wheels. Multiverses upon Multiverses.

What I am saying is that there is such a thing beyond a multiverse. Pridormial forces are above hyper complex multiverses. My theory is that Lorkhan seeks to imitate the Satak cycle through his creation of Mundus, as a hyper complex multiverse that sets apart from all interferences of cosmic beings and pridormial forces. A perfect Arena is protected by conceptual walls and hyper-dimensional barriers to ensure its inhabitants comprehending mortality to achieve Amaranth. Lorkhan knew his demise, and tricked other Et'Adas from their infinite in order to force them bounding into Mundus. He probably conceived the plan for Kalpic cycle to ensure The Time God and his fellow deities can't escape. Mundus is a seperate realm apart from Aurbis and cycle of Aurbises itself.

Elder Scrolls cosmology and metaphysics are ******* HUGE!!

TacticalNuke002 said:
Zenithar looks like a "The House Always Wins" type of character.
For some reasons, people in TES verse thought Tsun is also Zenithar. He got his ass handed by Auriel and his long ears gangs. Hardly, it was a win.

We need profiles for Marcurio and other followers.

I have to go to bed soon so I should probably wait to ask, but I've heard recently that Akatosh is actually a huge a**hole and I'm wondering what some of his most d*ckish moments are that make him one.

Ultima Reality said:
It would be an Outlier if it was fully isolated and contradicted by lower and more consistent showings, which is certainly not the case here, as literally every single instance of a God being killed in the series involves them instantly reforming, even when they are killed by vastly stronger beings.
To be fair, Azura (who the pages indicate the regen comes from) didn't seem to regenerate immediately. After Vivec makes her explode, she seems to be gone at the end of the RP (it was an RP, right?), and I don't exactly know/remember how long it took her to come back, but I don't think it was immediate. This doesn't actually invalidate the rating, I just don't think she insta-healed, since it was sort of a means of vengeance for Vivec, anyway.

Why this shit of all things is one of the few weird pieces of TES lore I'm actually somewhat familiar with is unknown even to me.

Can I make a profile for an ice wraith? They should be around High 8-C since since galmar found├║ that they were dangerous even with ice wraith bane.

Yeah, but my point is that Azura reforming from Vivec's attack isn't really isolated or inconsistent because every instance of a God being killed involves them returning in one way or another, even after being completely destroyed by stronger beings.

Hell Barbas would eventually return even after being killed and absorbed back into Clavicus Vile, who created him from a part of his Animus.

I definitely don't disagree with said point. I was just clarifying that I don't think the speed of Azura recovering from Vivec shoving his glorious CHIM spear down her throat and making her explode is ever actually given, since she just kinda goes poof and comes back at a later point in other material.

This is likely due to the fact she just got owned so hard it didn't even matter, because that's a pretty metal way to kill someone who royally screwed you over in the past.

It's more like the Time they spend reforming varies based on how gravely injured they were. Though, there is also what Vivec says in Morrowind:

to be a god: "It is like being a juggler. Things are always moving, and you learn to know where they are without even thinking about it. Only there are many, many things moving. And sometimes, like any juggler, you drop something. I'm afraid it has become a lot more a matter of dropping things lately. There's too much to do, and not enough time, and I'm losing my touch. Perhaps I'm growing old.

It is a bit like being at once awake and asleep. Awake, I am here with you, thinking and talking. Asleep, I am very, very busy. Perhaps for other gods, the completely immortal ones, it is only like that being asleep. Out of time. Me, I exist at once inside of time and outside of it.

It's nice never being dead, too. When I die in the world of time, then I'm completely asleep. I'm very much aware that all I have to do is choose to wake. And I'm alive again. Many times I have very deliberately tried to wait patiently, a very long, long time before choosing to wake up. And no matter how long it feels like I wait, it always appears, when I wake up, that no time has passed at all. That is the god place. The place out of time, where everything is always happening, all at once."

I was also thinking about some things while I was at work. Why aren't the Daedra scaled higher than just 6D when they, unlike the Et'Ada, never gave their powers to the creation of Mundus.

In theory, they should be just as strong as those original spirits or am I missing something?

Half the Daedric Princes were either lesser Daedra who ascended (Molag Bal, Mehrunes Dagon), Et'Ada who fell (Meridia, Malacath), or were never an original spirit to begin with (Hermaeus Mora, Namira).

So scaling Daedric Princes to the Et'Ada is already questionable.

Besides, we have Vestige beating Molag Bal in his own realm through the power of the Divines and the Aedra holding back Oblivion from consuming Mundus. So that clearly indicates comparable levels of power at least.

The Daedra aren't as powerful as the Et'Ada, this is a huge misconception. There are several things which point towards another direction:

• Meridia used to be the Magne-Ge Merid-Nunda, until she was banished from Aetherius and became a Daedric Prince, and by extension, a lesser being.
  • Trinimac was one of the most powerful Et'Ada of the Aurbis, but fell and became Malacath, one of the weakest Daedric Princes.
  • Hermaeus Mora was born from mere ideas used and discarded during the creation of the Mundus.
  • In his Trial, Vivec says he is going to show Azura the power of the Dawn Era, when Gods walked in their original states as Et'Ada, which is far beyond hers.
  • The Eight Divines are consistently portrayed as being comparable or even superior to the Daedra, such as in ESO, where their power allows the Vestige to casually defeat Molag Bal.
  • And finally the Loveletter from the Fifth Era states the Daedra were lesser Spirits who came to power by establishing themselves in Oblivion and harnessing the possibilities contained in it. Which actually makes sense, as in the beginning there was only Aetherius, the Plane of pure Anuic Light, averse to their very nature as Padomaic Spirits

Lacking a soul is an immunity as you have no soul to manipulate to begin with.

That should be added if it's the case, though.

There was a thread earlier that said it should be changed to resistance due to many different characters being able to soul hax soulless beings.

I wouldn't call it soulhaxing proper at that point, as that would be imposing a soul on something that doesn't have one. It would be like turning someone into a ball of fire and then dispersing it with fire manip, then claiming you "firehaxed them to death".

That said I'll save that for the other thread.

Imposing a soul on someone else to do stuff is still a form of soul manip though. Enrico Pucci does that.

I'm curious. Is Vestige capable of defeating any of the other TES protagonists or does one of them have some sort of particular ability or hax that would give them the ability to win? This is obviously not including things like the Hero of Kvatch becoming Sheogorath.

Also, what Low 2-Cs are stronger than he is? The TES Protagonists (Morrowind and after) are all around that and have absurd hax so I have to question what characters of that tier would beat the Vestige.

Wokistan said:
Imposing a soul on someone else to do stuff is still a form of soul manip though. Enrico Pucci does that.
Yes, but you're not manipulating the soul of the person who lacks it, you're putting one on them that you then use your abilities on.

"Soulahaxing a souless being" is an oxymoron and is a self-contradictory statement. You either put a soul in them and then hax them, making them cease being souless, or you can't soulhax them.

@Zack Being immune to an ability by lacking the very thing it manipulates would qualify as an immunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back