• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The bestest crt for the bestest Dino in existence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does he though? I'm not sure a mere scratch is enough to qualify, if we consider that Sasuke allowing the velociraptor to bite him in the other scene is supposed to be taken as a serious feat for the velociraptor's attack potency. It used a sharp attack against an unresisting opponent. For there to be a bit of blood is not at all unexpected.
Yes as shown in the scans Meno/refernces hurt the dude twice.
Is it more ludicrous that Sasuke simply wasn't amping himself up to Planet level durability at this time?
Well this Sasuke is stronger then his weakened one without the Rinnegan is "At most Planet level (Comparable to his Attack Potency)" durability.

If you want to compromise I can do an at most without being amped by Sasuke's chakra but the higher with Sasuke's chakra would have to stay.

Rereading the fight and yeah Meno slashed Sasuke and we rate no Rinnegan Sasuke as at most 5-B. And later, while Sasuke doesn't have his Sharingan on, Meno is still able to draw blood. Maybe the rating is better for an at most rating, but at least based on where we got Sasuke currently, Meno should probably scale. I didn't see any indication of Sasuke holding back, albeit we never see if he's got the tomoe active in his Rinnegan while fighting Meno, so maybe the at most rating is better.

Put me down as disagree for now for Meno's stats. Will return to the thread when I can.

Rereading the fight and yeah Meno slashed Sasuke and we rate no Rinnegan Sasuke as at most 5-B. And later, while Sasuke doesn't have his Sharingan on, Meno is still able to draw blood. Maybe the rating is better for an at most rating, but at least based on where we got Sasuke currently, Meno should probably scale. I didn't see any indication of Sasuke holding back, albeit we never see if he's got the tomoe active in his Rinnegan while fighting Meno, so maybe the at most rating is better.
I thought the tomes in the Rinnegan were always active unless he was low on chakra?

Can i put you down atm as an agree for at most?

Does he though? I'm not sure a mere scratch is enough to qualify, if we consider that Sasuke allowing the velociraptor to bite him in the other scene is supposed to be taken as a serious feat for the velociraptor's attack potency. It used a sharp attack against an unresisting opponent. For there to be a bit of blood is not at all unexpected.
Almost like we need to revise the durability standards again

Something to consider and @Damage3245 you might be good to comment on this cuz iirc it was you and KT who worked on the durability page, but it lists that characters can obtain durability from withstanding attacks, and cites the example of Ulquiorra withstanding Bankai Ichigo's attack with just a small scratch.

I bring this up cuz it is similar to Meno v Sasuke, where Sasuke withstands the strike with just a small scratch. Now I know that would mean that we can say Sasuke's durability can scale from Meno, but would that go both ways? Maybe it's a case where downscaling is better? I just remembered that example in the durability page and thought I'd bring it up, not sure how helpful it'll actually be here tho.

@Arc7Kuroi; the durability page also mentions surface area being relevant for scaling from durability, and that characters scaling exclusively through such methods need to be examined carefully.

On the one hand we can say "Sasuke is capable of loading up his arm with 5-B chakra and punching with X force, since he can cast a jutsu that is X strong. Since his arm doesn't break from punching then due to Newtons' 3rd Law his durability scale to X too."

But the fact that Meno is attacking with extremely sharp claws/teeth and only doing borderline negligible damage (a bit of blood, but Sasuke isn't even flinching at having a velociraptor chow down on his arm), means that Meno doesn't have to be actually comparable to Sasuke's strongest physical attacks in order to cause that amount of damage. Less energy focused more precisely can do more visible damage than the aforementioned example.

@Arc7Kuroi; the durability page also mentions surface area being relevant for scaling from durability, and that characters scaling exclusively through such methods need to be examined carefully.

One the one hand we can say "Sasuke is capable of loading up his arm with 5-B chakra and punching with X force, since he can cast a jutsu that is X strong. Since his arm doesn't break from punching then due to Newtons' 3rd Law his durability scale to X too."

But the fact that Meno is attacking with extremely sharp claws/teeth and only doing borderline negligible damage (a bit of blood, but Sasuke isn't even flinching at having a velociraptor chow down on his arm), means that Meno doesn't have to be actually comparable to Sasuke's strongest physical attacks in order to cause that amount of damage. Less energy focused more precisely can do more visible damage than the aforementioned example.
Yeah I'd be inclined to agree tbh. Ik in fiction we see a lot of times characters many times weaker able to barely harm a character, but then they still need a many times amp to fight them evenly.

Switch me to neutral atm Kingogkings. I might be cool with some kind of downscaling, but I want to wait for other knowledgeable members to get involved.

But the fact that Meno is attacking with extremely sharp claws/teeth and only doing borderline negligible damage (a bit of blood, but Sasuke isn't even flinching at having a velociraptor chow down on his arm), means that Meno doesn't have to be actually comparable to Sasuke's strongest physical attacks in order to cause that amount of damage. Less energy focused more precisely can do more visible damage than the
I've always been skeptical about sharp objects scaling
Not these types of feats but the glancing paper cut type

Maybe something to put in mind whenever you're revising the stat in the future

I agree with Damage, getting chip damaged by an animal biting him is a common type of Outlier/PIS.
How is it an outlier/pis?
An Outlier is an event or incident that is considered to be completely and irreconcilably inconsistent with a character, entity, group, or series' normal displayed level of power.
Plot-Induced Stupidity, or PIS for short, is a term used to refer to events in a story that contradict a character's normal capabilities for the purpose of the plot.
This doesn't contradict Sasuke at all when we've seen Shin hurt him too when weakened(no rinnegan tomes) and said weakened is 5B at least and it's not inconsistent with Meno or Sasuke since 1 this is one of his two feats against Sasuke and 2 we've seen Sasuke get harmed by others that were unknown and scaled them to them.

So your claim of outlier/pis is kinda lacking tbh.

Last edited:
It's not like Sasuke was in the middle of a heated battle where he was fighting seriously, and Chakra is like Ki in which characters are often not as durable as they usually are when they aren't fighting. Not to mention, is there anything like really special about Meno, or is he intended to be like a regular Velociraptor? Because if he's the latter, that makes putting him at part of the god tier scaling even more iffy.

It's not like Sasuke was in the middle of a heated battle where he was fighting seriously, and Chakra is like Ki in which characters are often not as durable as they usually are when they aren't fighting.
They were fighting though both times and he was serious both times guess what happens if he fails? Naruto goes bye bye. And the false equivalence about them having lower durability since he wasn't fight is kinda lacking in the facts department since as shown in this example he kinda fighting in a heated battle.

Not to mention, is there anything like really special about Meno, or is he intended to be like a regular Velociraptor? Because if he's the latter, that makes putting him at part of the god tier scaling even more iffy.
He's an edotensei "dragon". So cause he's an animal we can't place him at 5B? the hell type of logic is that in a world of alien gods, bringing back the dead, talking cats and dogs, and regrowing body parts? But we drawn the line of 5B at a "dragon" that can't talk but has the feats to place it there?

Last edited:
I'd say a "Likely 5-B" rating makes more sense here tbh

Arguments against the rating have either been strictly from incredulity (which is not an argument) or due to the damage taken being minor (hence why I'm going with a "likely" rating)
That's fine and works for me since we know he'll be stronger with Sasuke's chakra(If someone needs the scans say so but chapter 8.2 if you want to look for yourself).

Can I put you guys down as disagrees or agrees or neutrals?
I agree, and wanna add this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back