• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shin's failures at life aka downgrade him bruh

I agree but that difference is too unquantifiable to slap an unknown rating on Shin's MS ability
I don't agree. If it's inconsistent then just rate him at Unknown. Him scaling to a in-shape Naruto or Sasuke just doesn't have a solid basis.

that's the one for attacking as if his chakra was doing it on its own. thank you!
That was chakra attacking Sasuke and it was when Kurama was vastly more independent of Naruto. I'm asking for evidence that Naruto's cloak can defend from surprise attacks, not attack in irregular fashion.

With an attack that took Naruto by surprise and by an attack Naruto blocked before with minimal effort beforehand. I don't think a single instance that the work took time to handwave means much. Especially when Shin was stomped and consistently shown to be weaker than two nerfed characters.
Can I put you down as an agree or neutral or undecided atm?
I know but the bigger issue I have is assuming that base form naruto about 6 months in the future is both stronger and tougher than his cloaked version from before then to a degree that scaling between the two is unreliable. While that is a good amount of time, seeing as the arc is all about how Naruto can't make time for his family and the lack of real threats that'd he'd be preparing for as hokage, such a drastic increase in strength and durability that his base form exceeds his cloaked form feels unsubstantiated.
Can I place you as a disagree or undecided atm?

With an attack that took Naruto by surprise and by an attack Naruto blocked before with minimal effort beforehand. I don't think a single instance that the work took time to handwave means much. Especially when Shin was stomped and consistently shown to be weaker than two nerfed characters.
The surprised attack angle only works if Naruto as a series has shown that characters have different durabilities depending on whether or not they're surprised, but I don't think there's much evidence for such a thing. And past that, Naruto was on guard when he was attacked, he just got surprised by the angle of said attack, so I struggle to see even more why we would treat his durability as something that is drastically lowered. Shin can consistently be weaker and even stomped, but still scale. That's why we have stuff like the At Most rating. Shin is weaker for sure, but he's not weak enough that he can't harm them is the point.

Last edited:
That was chakra attacking Sasuke and it was when Kurama was vastly more independent of Naruto. I'm asking for evidence that Naruto's cloak can defend from surprise attacks, not attack in irregular fashion.
kinda a surprise attack
main-qimg-db5db3bd9f1690d1376880aa51f51855

I know but the bigger issue I have is assuming that base form naruto about 6 months in the future is both stronger and tougher than his cloaked version from before then to a degree that scaling between the two is unreliable. While that is a good amount of time, seeing as the arc is all about how Naruto can't make time for his family and the lack of real threats that'd he'd be preparing for as hokage, such a drastic increase in strength and durability that his base form exceeds his cloaked form feels unsubstantiated.
I understand your thinking but see we have problems similar to these, In Sakura's novel, she fights with Kido, who was just a random ninja who used a drug that gave him a copy of kurama's power, but in a much smaller scale than Naruto's, and not even the KM he had, and she fought him equal to equal, she hurt him a lot but she was also extremely hurt, With this drug, these characters were stated to be orders of magnitude stronger than their base form, however, their base form had a level similar to Sai and Ino, i.e. tier 7, even with the multiplier it must not exceed tier 6C, which means that Sakura in that phase was in that same tier. After that she leaves to travel with Sasuke, and becomes pregnant, after that she no longer enters battles and becomes the director of the hospital, that is, there were no battles or training for her to level up to tier 5, nor did she receive power from any god, so it doesn't make sense for her to be tier 5.

Shin problem is even bigger, he's just another one of Orochimaru's artificial humans created with the DNA of some random uchiha, after being created he went crazy for Itachi, and then planned to kill Sasuke. There isn't a big time gap for him to reach the tier 5 suddenly, orochimaru isn't able to create an artificial human that has tier 5, Amado needed the DNA of a God for this, that is, this makes everything very imprecise. You said that you don't think a huge increase for Naruto in 6 months is plausible, however the raise for Shin and Sakura is even less believable.

Shin shouldn't be tier 5, in addition to the various implications already left in the post, all of his supposed deeds can be justified.

•Shin hurt Naruto:
His power does not increase the AP of the tools he controls, this was never mentioned anywhere he just controls them telekinetically, so the fact that he hurt Naruto could just be an outlier, because Naruto was able to resist piercing attacks other times. If the outlier option isn't to the liking of some, we might just scale his hax to tier 5, as it currently is, but we must remove the tier 5 defense.

•Shin resists Sasuke's fireball:
This part is simple, as I mentioned in another comment, this version of Sasuke was EXTREMELY NERFED, He lost rinnegan tomoes, it's the weakest version of him in the new age, weaker than the version of the Urashiki arc, which was completely humiliated, It has been implied several times that the lack of chakra can make Sasuke very weak, and we know that the AP of a Naruto character completely depends on the amount of chakra he has in his body, this means that the strength of the fireball might have been way below tier 5.

Naruto, Sasuke and Madara had to go through several evolutions, several upgrades and even so, and aside from the fact that they are the reincarnation of an Ootsutsuki, still had to receive huge amounts of external power (Juubi/Shinju and Hagoromo), and that's the only way they managed to reach that level. I think the best solution here is to find a solid rating for Sakura, based on the fight with Kido (in her novel), and scale Shin for her, he would scale to her in physical, Speed and Defense, and would scale to tier 5 via hax.

I understand your thinking but see we have problems similar to these, In Sakura's novel, she fights with Kido, who was just a random ninja who used a drug that gave him a copy of kurama's power, but in a much smaller scale than Naruto's, and not even the KM he had, and she fought him equal to equal, she hurt him a lot but she was also extremely hurt, With this drug, these characters were stated to be orders of magnitude stronger than their base form, however, their base form had a level similar to Sai and Ino, i.e. tier 7, even with the multiplier it must not exceed tier 6C, which means that Sakura in that phase was in that same tier. After that she leaves to travel with Sasuke, and becomes pregnant, after that she no longer enters battles and becomes the director of the hospital, that is, there were no battles or training for her to level up to tier 5, nor did she receive power from any god, so it doesn't make sense for her to be tier 5.
It was random Anbu that were relative to Sai and Ino iirc, not Shin. And ngl she was already Tier 5 in Naruto.
Shin problem is even bigger, he's just another one of Orochimaru's artificial humans created with the DNA of some random uchiha, after being created he went crazy for Itachi, and then planned to kill Sasuke. There isn't a big time gap for him to reach the tier 5 suddenly, orochimaru isn't able to create an artificial human that has tier 5, Amado needed the DNA of a God for this, that is, this makes everything very imprecise. You said that you don't think a huge increase for Naruto in 6 months is plausible, however the raise for Shin and Sakura is even less believable.

Shin shouldn't be tier 5, in addition to the various implications already left in the post, all of his supposed deeds can be justified.

•Shin hurt Naruto:
His power does not increase the AP of the tools he controls, this was never mentioned anywhere he just controls them telekinetically, so the fact that he hurt Naruto could just be an outlier, because Naruto was able to resist piercing attacks other times. If the outlier option isn't to the liking of some, we might just scale his hax to tier 5, as it currently is, but we must remove the tier 5 defense.
The power of an attack comes from mass and velocity. So the speed he moves tools affects its power. Also that kinda is what his profile has already. He's unknown physically, 5-B with tools. Same for durability.
•Shin resists Sasuke's fireball:
This part is simple, as I mentioned in another comment, this version of Sasuke was EXTREMELY NERFED, He lost rinnegan tomoes, it's the weakest version of him in the new age, weaker than the version of the Urashiki arc, which was completely humiliated, It has been implied several times that the lack of chakra can make Sasuke very weak, and we know that the AP of a Naruto character completely depends on the amount of chakra he has in his body, this means that the strength of the fireball might have been way below tier 5.
I mean even after he recovered, Shin still injured him through a Shin clone and partially reacted to his Perfect Susanoo in the anime.
Naruto, Sasuke and Madara had to go through several evolutions, several upgrades and even so, and aside from the fact that they are the reincarnation of an Ootsutsuki, still had to receive huge amounts of external power (Juubi/Shinju and Hagoromo), and that's the only way they managed to reach that level. I think the best solution here is to find a solid rating for Sakura, based on the fight with Kido (in her novel), and scale Shin for her, he would scale to her in physical, Speed and Defense, and would scale to tier 5 via hax.
You can say this about all the characters who are stronger than they should be. The Kage SHOULDN'T be Six Paths level, but they have pretty direct feats against Momo and Kin.

Agree.

Shin's MS Powers were bounced off by Base Naruto’s own ninjutsu (Top right panel), him jumping into the wagon of scaling for piercing him in a vastly stronger form becomes circular and deliberately ignores the idea that the manga conveying over why this happened. This anti intuitive.

Agree.

Shin's MS Powers were bounced off by Base Naruto’s own ninjutsu (Top right panel), him jumping into the wagon of scaling for piercing him in a vastly stronger form becomes circular and deliberately ignores the idea that the manga conveying over why this happened. This anti intuitive.
On the left side of that, it shows Naruto needing the Kurama Avatar to block.

For starters, you literally have 1 quote from Naruto, 1 quote from Kurama
The quote in question doesnt actually have anything to do with power, its's referring to Naruto's battle sense his ability to react and counter, the only reason why im entertaining the idea that its AP related is because i dont want to debate semantics
, and another quote from Sasuke that they were weakened or not at their peak during the Shin Arc.
not being at you peak doesn't ≠ being billions of times weaker, given that weaker versions of these characters are still 5-B. your creating a false dichotomy between being a 100% and what they scale to.
2. Sasuke's Intentions were not Lethal on Shin

Sasuke literally says in the same page that he is firing the Jutsu that he is going to get answers out of Shin.
Not intending to kill does not mean holding back 10000000000 times your own strength. Sasuke intended to incapaciate Shin and used a potent Jutsu to do it. there are dozens of less strenuous ways of incapacitating Shin if the gap is as large as you claim
You're essentially assuming a similar analogy of an adult human attempting to subdue a moving baby by going full force instead of recognizing they are much stronger and would therefore need to restrict their strength.
This argument ignores the broader context of the fight. Sasuke and Naruto actively see Shin as a threat and move into incapacitate him to get answers, their plans are foiled and they are pushed. to argue that its the equivalent of a baby and adult human is disingenuous to whats happening.

regardless though the fireball jutsu doesnt answer Sasuke getting Injured by Shin
3. Why are People Using the Movie Guidebook and Urashiki Filler Arc? They Aren't Canon.
This is Copoium . The anime is objectively canon based multitude of statements involved by the people of the production on both sides. its also accepted on the wiki as canon. so this point is a non sequitur.

Not intending to kill does not mean holding back 10000000000 times your own strength
It can mean that if the person you're holding back against is 10000000000 times lower than your own strength.

not being at you peak doesn't ≠ being billions of times weaker, given that weaker versions of these characters are still 5-B. your creating a false dichotomy between being a 100% and what they scale to.

Who said anything about billions of times?

This is Copoium . The anime is objectively canon based multitude of statements involved by the people of the production on both sides. its also accepted on the wiki as canon. so this point is a non sequitur.
Ok, the movie is absolutely canon, but the Urashiki Arc should not be scaled to anything because it's a fever dream that is an outlier for everyone within it.

The Urashiki Arc is completely irrelevant to this thread and doesn't have many "outliers" as many claim it does
I'm just saying, 5-B Jiraiya(Stated by current Hinata to be > Sasuke and Naruto) is objectively stupid. Seriously, I so badly wish that instead of the time travel stuff, he fought Kashin Koji.

I'm just saying, 5-B Jiraiya is objectively stupid.
Nothing in the arc has Jiraiya scaling to a full power Urashiki lol. Urashiki got folded due to everyone catching him off guard and using plans and intellect to outsmart him. Also Urashiki just playing around instead of going for the kill immediately. But if you'd like, we should probably take this to the general thread instead of here because it's derailing the actual OP

Nothing in the arc has Jiraiya scaling to a full power Urashiki lol. Urashiki got folded due to everyone catching him off guard and using plans and intellect to outsmart him. Also Urashiki just playing around instead of going for the kill immediately. But if you'd like, we should probably take this to the general thread instead of here because it's derailing the actual OP
No, I mean the bit where current Hinata goes "yeah, he was even stronger than Naruto and Sasuke are."

It just doesent make sense in any way for nard and sauce to be having any type of trouble with a city to large moutain level threat if he dident even somewhat scale to them.

its meant to be taken literal Damage. the gap between what shin scales to now what the suggested scale is astronomically different

Isn't the suggested scale that Shin be "Unknown", not a specific rating astronomically lower?

No, I mean the bit where current Hinata goes "yeah, he was even stronger than Naruto and Sasuke are."
i dont really remember that statement, but obviously that's not true lol. That doesn't invalidate anything in else in that arc though.

Back