• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shin's failures at life aka downgrade him bruh

Lackluster but should be easy CRT.

Yeah the following should be removed from Shin Uchiha, Sakura and anyone else who scales to this.
Attack Potency: Unknown physically (Lacks quantifiable physical feats without the use of his Mangekyō Sharingan), Planet level with Mangekyō Sharingan (Pierced Hokage Naruto’s chakra cloak[59], something that Rinnegan Sasuke’s Chidori was unable to achieve[60])
To
And
Durability: Unknown, Planet level with Mangekyō Sharingan (His MS-controlled arm could withstand hits from Sakura Haruno, who could trade blows with it)
To

Reasons for the downgrade.

Naruto is caught off guard when Shin uses his hax ability to stab him which is the reason he scales to this.

We even have Kurama and himself commenting on how rusty he is and provides evidence he was caught off guard other then the universal "?!".

And even goes that explains alot to sasuke when he says he had only the 3 tomoe eye and a blank rinnagan. Even comments that Naruto was pathetic during the fight with Naruto retaliating.

Naruto before being caught off guard was dealing with Shin's hax ability and it could not penetrate his chakra fox thing. We even see that he has no issues handling the clones who previously dabbed on Shin who has "planet durability" when catching him off guard.

Catching someone off guard should not allow you to scale to them as shown in the examples. We do not scale Sakura to Kaguya for catching her off guard and we should continue the practice since it gives false ratings to the characters.

Agrees - KLOL506, Tdjwo, GTsek, M3X_2.0, IMadeThisOn8-1-2017, Damage3245, Qawsedf234, Monkey_Dunno,

Neutrals - DaReaperMan,

Disagrees - LephyrTheRevanchist, Deceived3596, Godernet, SlendVeny, LordTracer, Elizhaa, DarkDragonMedeus, Duedate8898, CloverDragon03, Shadowbokunohero,

Last edited:
I honestly never agreed with Tier 5 scaling to anyone other than the actual god-tiers of the verse, that being the Otsutsukis, Sasuke and Naruto solely because of this and many other factors contributing to the whole Momoshiki scaling scandal. Agree with the downgrade.

the profile is kinda misleading

Shin scales to injuring both naruto and sasuke, the latter who was actively trying to defend his daughter. and shin downscales from sasuke's fireball jutsu as well.

Shin scales to injuring both naruto and sasuke, the latter who was actively trying to defend his daughter. and shin downscales from sasuke's fireball jutsu as well.
On a serious note about injuring Sasuke should be PIS seeing as he just throws himself in the way of the attack when he could have used Susanoo to defend her.

On a serious note about injuring Sasuke should be PIS seeing as he just throws himself in the way of the attack when he could have used Susanoo to defend her.
susanoo isnt an instant activation, this would be a weak example of PIS anyway given that sasuke hasnt used the susanoo in that way in all of boruto.

That isn't what PIS means, you can't negate a blatant feat like that by saying "since he didn't use this specific ability during this specific interaction, his durability was somehow compromised", if Shin damaged Sasuke, he would scale to Sasuke. That's literally basic power scaling bruh.

Naruto before being caught off guard was dealing with Shin's hax ability and it could not penetrate his chakra fox thing
Ngl, this is a good point. I also never really agreed to this Shin scaling anyways. Off guard feats scale nowhere. This exact scenario happened to Shin himself when Sakura oneshotted him while he was off guard but couldnt even perform any damage on him physically, during their battle in the anime canon.

Barring Shin scaling from that, Sakura's justification for scaling to Shin is even worse. Wow. I don't remember her physically clashing with Shin's MS-controlled blade. All she did was clash with Shin's arm he replaced with his blades. It wasn't launched at her like it was against Naruto. Arguments could be made for Shin although, they would be massive stretches, but Sakura has no reason being 5B at all.

This is probably the only sensible downgrade you've made yet. I agree with it.

Please dont reply to me yet. Kinda busy for now till Friday.

I'll wait to see some more replies before coming to a decision.

the profile is kinda misleading

I mean, I'm not a big fan of that argument, we can clearly see that Sasuke didn't intend to kill Shin at that moment, Sasuke was trying to capture him for information, so it's reasonable to say that he was holding back:

at this point it is unreasonable to scale Shin anyway for the fireball jutsu

On a serious note about injuring Sasuke should be PIS seeing as he just throws himself in the way of the attack
you'd have to prove this is an instance of PIS with some precedence of the power of Shin's MS being countered by far weaker opponents or some kind of hard evidence that it shouldn't be able to damage Sasuke. otherwise, it being PIS is just how you're interpreting it.

Another interpretation could just be that Shin's MS-controlled weapons were too fast for Nerfed Sasuke to whip out his Susanoo in time.

The feat is too blatant to disregard without some kind of solid proof against it.

I disagree with this thread for now.

Last edited:
Sasuke doesent need the susanoo to have 5b dura
Yes he does though?
Durability: Unknown (More durable than his previous self), Planet level with Susano'o (More durable than his previous Susano'o) | Planet level (Took hits from Momoshiki Ōtsutsuki), higher with Susano'o (The Susano'o greatly increases Sasuke's Durability), even higher with Majestic Attire Susano'o (Combined strengths with Naruto Uzumaki) | At most Planet level (Comparable to his attack potency)
Sasuke's Durability is unknown without Susano. We just slap on a Planet level at the end for the weakened tag.
susanoo isnt an instant activation, this would be a weak example of PIS anyway given that sasuke hasnt used the susanoo in that way in all of boruto.
Mistoke PIS for CIS. Boruto is after this.

not intending to kill ≠ being quintillions of times weaker

a significantly weaker version than this sasuke is still 5-B
Just to clarify, is it possible for Sasuke to hold himself back to a level where he could theoretically throw out 6-C or 6-B attacks? Or will this version of Sasuke always produce 5-B attacks uncontrollably?

Just to clarify, is it possible for Sasuke to hold himself back to a level where he could theoretically throw out 6-C or 6-B attacks? Or will this version of Sasuke always produce 5-B attacks uncontrollably?
unless we have specific reference then it would just be quantifiable lower than 5-B and the scaling in this regard is very isolated which makes finding scaling reference points much harder. we dont accept that chakra volume and AP scale linearly, otherwise you could hypothetically get a value by dividing the scale. for example 10%, 20%

but i think if you really wanted to, there are better ways of arguing against scaling Shin to Sasuke than the holding back position

Last edited:
susanoo isnt an instant activation,
*stares at the following.

The activation kinda is
this would be a weak example of PIS anyway given that sasuke hasnt used the susanoo in that way in all of boruto.
It explains why Sasuke didn't use it since he used most of his chakra jumping places. And that Sasuke does it the following chapter to get Sakura. And why does it matter that he hasn't used it in all of Boruto this is before Boruto. He hasn't used most of his abilities in Boruto.

Last edited:
not intending to kill ≠ being quintillions of times weaker

a significantly weaker version than this sasuke is still 5-B
I mean, Naruto ninjas/ohtsutsuki themselves can get thousands of times stronger when they go into battle mode and pump chakra through their bodies, when not doing that they are literally the level of the average civilian, so it's not uncommon for a character of Sasuke's level to know how to control his strength to not kill an opponent much weaker than him.

I mean, I'm not a big fan of that argument, we can clearly see that Sasuke didn't intend to kill Shin at that moment, Sasuke was trying to capture him for information, so it's reasonable to say that he was holding back:

at this point it is unreasonable to scale Shin anyway for the fireball jutsu

He wasn't just holding back he had less chakra to as shown with his left eye and Sasuke's own comment about along with Naruto going that explains everything.

9NvUNmD.png

Yes we do since he has more chakra during his fight with Momo compared to his fight with Shin.
I'm pretty sure this is on the profiles but it's accepted here somewhere that Sasuke with no rinnegan will be weaker than Sasuke with tomoeless rinnegan
Since having the rinnegan itself is a stat boost
And current Sasuke is 5-B via some code stuffs

Yes we do since he has more chakra during his fight with Momo compared to his fight with Shin.
A Rinneganless Adult Sasuke is capable of fighting Borushiki briefly and is still seen as a threat by Code, we have pretty decent evidence that a Sasuke weakened far more than just being absent a little bit of chakra is still 5-B.

Not to mention the statements in databooks and the Light Novels of this era of Naruto and Sasuke being equals.

The only reason Teen Rinnegan Sasuke is not treated the same way is that he's featless physically and blatantly inferior to Six Paths Naruto with no statements like the ones Boruto era has.

The Last Sasuke is in a similar boat.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure borushiki says he'll not come out unscathed if he fights scateboarded and rinnegan Sasuke

And this was a Sasuke who already used his portal jutsu

I'm pretty sure borushiki says he'll not come out unscathed if he fights scateboarded and rinnegan Sasuke

And this was a Sasuke who already used his portal jutsu
No he said that against Sasuke with one eye and him not being able to eat jutsu which he's trying to avoid.

A Rinneganless Adult Sasuke is capable of fighting Borushiki briefly and is still seen as a threat by Code, we have pretty decent evidence that a Sasuke weakened far more than just being absent a little bit of chakra is still 5-B.
Gonna be honest that's some ass scaling right there. Cause it's assumed that fighting Borushiki is impressive when both are weak as all hell and exhausted with little chakra. Also does Code even know about Sasuke losing an eye? I don't know if a threat would be called them when he said he could kill the hokage and uchiha but just wants to spare himself unnecessary hardship.
The only reason Teen Rinnegan Sasuke is not treated the same way is that he's featless physically and blatantly inferior to Six Paths Naruto with no statements like the ones Boruto era has.
The Last Sasuke is in a similar boat.
Good thing this isn't about those 2 and it's about the Sasuke before Boruto.

Back