• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

CRT for the MC of Bleach to get something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, did not we have established that Anime is also canon and therefore additional material is allowed to be used (someone dropped a counter-argument that it is anime-exclusive, so I am asking this to be sure)

One, I will admit I missed this while re-reading the chapters to see if there is a manga scene for this. So my entire bit about this being anime only I will is moot. However, I will also add that Ichigo does never lose connection to SS just Urahara, as seen here in chapter 512:

And seeing that he was able to hear people dying all across the battlefied with the phone earlier, him still hearing and understanding that people are dying later on through the phone is not farfetched

And my bigger thing here with this scene comes from it really not making sense for Ichigo to now have this ability nor is any attention paid to Ichigo being able to sense people across dimensions. When this panel and scene in the anime occurs it is neither focused on or explained how Ichigo is now able to sense people across dimensions, an ability that he never utilizes anytime before this in any previous arcs. The fact this is never brought up or utilized in any capacity later is an indictment against him possessing this power becuase he has no good reason not to use it across the rest of this arc. That's why I brought up the second quincy invasion. Because while I agree he wasn't actively looking before he was informed, the idea that he wouldn't actively being trying to understand what's going on before he arrives to the battle once he is aware of the second invasion makes no sense for a character who should possess cosmic awareness, especially one who cares so much about saving others in time.

That's why I think it best to dismiss this scene as artistic flourish rather than a literal representation of what's going on.

those panels are NOT from 512, they are from 501.

also here we have ichigo SENSING what is happening to byakuya, renji and Rukia
https:// ***********.com/read-online/Bleach-Color-chapter-503-page-9.html
https:// ***********.com/read-online/Bleach-Color-chapter-503-page-10.html

Edit: also chapter 512 https:// ***********.com/read-online/Bleach-Color-chapter-512-page-1.html and 501 https:// ***********.com/read-online/Bleach-Color-chapter-501-page-7.html so that people can see that those panels u posted are not from the chapters u claimed

This isn't at all cosmic awareness. Seeing as its an added scene from the anime that doesn't run congruent with Ichigo's normal sensing abilities, as he's not shown this ability later in the arc, for now I would say to dismiss this as artistic visualization of everyone dying. Ichigo does still possess the communicator and it never went offline for him as far as we know. If we're shown some other scenes that support this later in the anime, then I'll change my disagreement to an agreement.
How is this an artistic visualization of everyone dying? Have you seen how things like Pesquisa is portrayed in the anime and manga in order to sense souls? Is that artistic visualization too as you say it?

One, I will admit I missed this while re-reading the chapters to see if there is a manga scene for this. So my entire bit about this being anime only I will is moot. However, I will also add that Ichigo does never lose connection to SS just Urahara, as seen here in chapter 512:

Thats not 512 those are 501.
And seeing that he was able to hear people dying all across the battlefied with the phone earlier, him still hearing and understanding that people are dying later on through the phone is not farfetched
It is kinda far fetched tbh.
And my bigger thing here with this scene comes from it really not making sense for Ichigo to now have this ability nor is any attention paid to Ichigo being able to sense people across dimensions. When this panel and scene in the anime occurs it is neither focused on or explained how Ichigo is now able to sense people across dimensions, an ability that he never utilizes anytime before this in any previous arcs. The fact this is never brought up or utilized in any capacity later is an indictment against him possessing this power becuase he has no good reason not to use it across the rest of this arc. That's why I brought up the second quincy invasion. Because while I agree he wasn't actively looking before he was informed, the idea that he wouldn't actively being trying to understand what's going on before he arrives to the battle once he is aware of the second invasion makes no sense for a character who should possess cosmic awareness, especially one who cares so much about saving others in time.
We have 3 other instances of Ichigo having sensory abilities tmk there actually might be more, one during the first arc with Uyru, one during right before his fight with Aizen sensing his sisters, and one where he gets his eyes cut and blinded by Ginjo. The only difference is this one is CA unlike those instances. Should we discard those instances cause they were only shown once in a blue moon?
That's why I think it best to dismiss this scene as artistic flourish rather than a literal representation of what's going on.
I disagree cause we see people dying in the anime as they things start disappearing making it clear cut CA he sensing them dying.

My guy, Ichigo literally had a communicator on him and was getting communications from Soul Society.

Not Cosmic Awareness.
The communicator stopped working after Quilge sealed up the Garganta dimension. Ichigo sense those spirits disappearing after that.

0501-005.png

Last edited:
This isn't at all cosmic awareness. Seeing as its an added scene from the anime that doesn't run congruent with Ichigo's normal sensing abilities, as he's not shown this ability later in the arc, for now I would say to dismiss this as artistic visualization of everyone dying. Ichigo does still possess the communicator and it never went offline for him as far as we know. If we're shown some other scenes that support this later in the anime, then I'll change my disagreement to an agreement.
That scene is from manga chapter 512. Not anime exclusive.

0512-003.png

0512-004.png

IIRC in episode 2 or 3, Kisuke implies that Ichigo can feel what's going on in SS from HM, which supports this thread as well. But considering that the Garganta was entirely closed off by the Jail and the phone disconnected entirely, yet Ichigo could still sense people's souls being extinguished, there is no other conclusion to be had. Ichigo has CA.

an ability that he never utilizes anytime before this in any previous arcs
this argument is also moot, because Ichigo's abilities get better. At first, he can only sense people through the spirit ribbons, while in his dangai form he can instantly sense where his siblings are in Karakuracho. His abilities can just improve.

This currently has three disagrees and no agrees from staff, and it's three months old. It's not likely to go anywhere from here, so I will close this now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back