• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tears of the Kingdom Spoilers Thread

But it's true
That moon literally fades into existence and is translucent (you can even see the stars through it).

It isn't the same as the other blood moons where the moon literally gets ripped from orbit, pulled in, made spooky, and then promptly yeeted back into space.
I was disappointed too brother but it is what is.

I finally got to the Queen Gibdo fight. I think it is probably the worst made boss fight I have ever taken part in. It is entirely carried by how scary he looks, and is probably my punishment for simping for Buliara.

Bet you didn't even make mirror shield + construct head so you have 4 beacons of light negging the enemies while you fight 🥱
Wait for the shit opinion or the Buliara simping?
The shit opinion, I ain't gonna kink shame, we all know how that turned out for Shigechi...

Honestly, I had a far worse experience with the puzzles in the lightning temple. Granted, part of the problem was because I forgot to activate the center hand terminal until halfway through, but it was still annoying to navigate without ending up in a room I already did.

Ascension my brother, you can cheese the shit out of the lighting temple by ascending from the room below where you need to go

You can literally just throw an elemental fruit at it lad. Any elemental damage, even water, will render it vulnerable.

Just realized I’m stupid, you’re supposed to hit her with Riju’s lightning twice

Hooray for Low 7-C Buliara though since she Fused her Gerudo Claymore with a Farosh’s Horn

Last edited:
Quick question: Should Zelda and any potential future profiles for characters present in Age of Calamity receive Perception Manipulation since they all utilize Flurry Rush?

Literally every character has access to flurry rush the moment you meet them wdym
If this is towards me, the question marks are for the canonically train their asses off part as Tylo is implying they don't in canon and as we've all seen from his opinions he thinks the canon characters are Mary Sue's hence my question marks because ik what he's trying to imply

If this is towards me, the question marks are for the canonically train their asses off part as Tylo is implying they don't in canon and as we've all seen from his opinions he thinks the canon characters are Mary Sue's hence my question marks because ik what he's trying to imply
Not towards you, it’s towards Tylo.

Triforce appears in Zeldas hand when she awakens her powers. Triforce appears in Zeldas hand when she empowers the Master Sword.

Lads I think it's time we accept the Calamity Ganon / TOTK Ganondorf >> Complete Triforce agenda.

So what new profiles specifically are being made? So far we've got:

• TotK Link, TotK Ganondorf
  • Mipha, Revali, Urbosa, Daruk
  • Sidon, Tulin, Riju, Yunobo
  • Every playable AoC character ever
  • Buliara
  • Every playable character in Cadence of Hyrule (unrelated)

So are we waiting on anything before making the BOTW/TOTK CRT? We've got scaling and stats down, we haven't gotten all the profiles made but those can be done and published whenever (And if we were to wait on a complete revamp for BOTW/TOTK Link then we'd be waiting a hella long time).

Have we decided on whether or not we're gonna keep using AOC stuff? I can't remember how that discussion ended.

So are we waiting on anything before making the BOTW/TOTK CRT? We've got scaling and stats down, we haven't gotten all the profiles made but those can be done and published whenever (And if we were to wait on a complete revamp for BOTW/TOTK Link then we'd be waiting a hella long time).

Have we decided on whether or not we're gonna keep using AOC stuff? I can't remember how that discussion ended.
Might as well shit me and you already have enough backlog with this and FF16 already

Would you prefer it if I referred to him by his other name, Uncle Nando?

And finally, after months of forgetting and procrastinating I have finally finished TOTK Ganondorfs profile.
Don't we have an ability for Power Modification (I think novel kars has it)? The lost woods fog fuckery would probably be better as that, given he's directly modifying its properties.

Might as well shit me and you already have enough backlog with this and FF16 already
Yeah might just throw out the CRT myself tonight or something, we got everything ready for the stats and scaling we just need to gradually make profiles (And then do the herculean task of revamping BOTW Link and his insanely large arsenal)

Don't we have an ability for Power Modification (I think novel kars has it)? The lost woods fog fuckery would probably be better as that, given he's directly modifying its properties.
Huh, just checked and yeah didn't know we had that as an ability. I'll change spatial manipulation to power modification.

Alright I just scrounged this up bit by but while I was working on some stuff for my apprenticeship so it's rough around the edges, but this is what I have so far for the CRT

Alright so Tears of the Kingdom came out, pulled a Four Swords Adventures and gave us a Ganondorf that is a different from the Ganondorf in most games, had him move the moon to display how strong he is, the usual.

Breath of the Wild: Divine Beast Scaling

Getting the small stuff outta the way first, some downgrades. Basically we have no reason to keep the Master Sword in Breath of the Wild at Island level as, well, it has no reason to be that high, having a variable tier of power depending on how much sacred energy you've juiced up on means you're level of strength isn't consistent. So for BOTW Link, the Blight Ganons, BOTW Zelda, and Calamity Ganon they'll all be downgraded to Low 7-B/7-B based on this this calc for the Divine Beast lasers. General scaling is that the Blight Ganons scale to yield of the laser since they're durable enough to withstand it, endgame Link and Incomplete Calamity Ganon scale to 4 times the yield since Ganon is durable enough to withstand being blasted by the combined lasers of all 4 Divine Beasts. BOTW Zelda and Dark Beast Ganon upscale from this due to the latter being way more powerful than Link and the former is somewhat comparable to him, and then all 3 in their primes (Age of Calamity) upscale even further (For some reason we have endgame BOTW Link being superior to his pre-calamity self, which, lmao the exact opposite is stated). This was already accepted in the previous revision CRT but that was back when these dudes were gonna be 6-C to High 6-C, so just laying it out here as a refresher.
  • Blight Ganon's: 2.267 Megatons
  • Endgame BOTW Link & Incomplete Calamity Ganon: 9.068 Megatons
  • BOTW Zelda, Dark Beast Ganon, AOC Versions of Link, Zelda, and Ganon: >> 9.068 Megatons
Ganondorf Profile Splitting:

Speaking of Calamity Ganon, since we now have Tears of the Kingdom confirming it's a manifestation of Ganondorfs hatred (Instead of BOTW's original implication of being a transformed state due to his hatred) and that the new Ganondorf we see in these games is a different dude since his backstory and lore is impossible to line up with the original version (Leading to some people somehow thinking this makes the new games non-canon you know who you are), that means all the BOTW information on the current Ganondorf profile, from age, to keys, to abilities, will be removed. Both TOTK Ganondorf and Calamity Ganon will be getting their own dedicated profiles. Which doesn't affect OG Ganondorf anyway since he couldn't use Malice abilities in his TOP key or whatever anyway, but Calamity Ganon now no longer benefits from getting all of Ganondorfs powers and is stuck with what he's shown in his own appearances.

Link Keys & Tears of the Kingdom: Low Tier Scaling

Of course BOTW Link will also need new keys, well he needs a massive overhaul overall but there's so much missing stuff he needs from BOTW (And don't get me started on Tears of the Kingdom) but that's way down the line for that revamped profile because of the sheer amount of equipment and stuff to cover. BOTW specifically needs an early and mid game keys, early game is the same as it is with most links, Building level because of bomb scaling, midgame is tricky due to the open world nature of the game but he does eventually reclaim the Master Sword (Albeit weakened) and can fight the blight Ganons so he'd scale to them. TOTK will also have 3 new keys, simple early, mid, and endgame. Early is a bit weird since he starts off super weak but skyrockets so fast you'd think he was Saitama, 8-C bomb scaling for earlygame like usual (And backed up by him being able to pretty easily do all this right out the gate) but he quickly gets to Town level for beating bosses like Colgera that are on this level, midgame and lategame are linked to the major upgrades from the game so I'll go into them in a little while. And then characters like Tulin, Riju, Sidon, and Yunobo would also be Town level at their weakest for helping Link fight these bosses.

Tears of the Kingdom: Blood Moon Scaling:

Now for the big one. Long story short once Ganondorf obtains a secret stone of the Zonai and becomes the Demon King he starts whipping out Blood Moons left and right, which ranges from Moon level to Large Planet level. The Moon level rating is for his weakened state, and Large Planet level is for his full power state, for Ganondorf it's easy for this scaling since he'd have 2 keys to represent this, but then there's the question of who scales to him (And which form of his do they scale to).

Endgame Link is obvious, he obtained a massively roided out Master Sword that spend tens of thousands of years juicing up on holy energy specifically to combat full power Ganondorf and predictably goes onto to beat his ass so bad that Ganondorf decides to become a dragon in a desperate bid to destroy Link. Midgame Link and the Sages however, are kinda tricky. They at least scale to Moon level, since weakened Ganondorf is implied to not be powerful enough to take them on until he regains full strength. Now the Sages can help out and do (Minor) damage to full power Ganondorf during the final boss but they're also easily one shot by him when he gets serious, so they could simply heavily downscale from his 5-A rating. Also before anyone asks no we can't use the blood moon from the final boss fight since for some reason Nintendo decided to make that one an illusion, unlike every other blood moon this one is transparent and just awkwardly phases in and out of the sky during the day (Which is a shame since it'd be like, High 5-A or something).

The Master Sword (And why it makes cross-scaling impossible):

So as I mentioned during the Divine Beast scaling section, the Master Sword's power depends on how much sacred energy it absorbs into itself. This is important since it explains why it's able to jump from 7-B in BOTW to 5-A in TOTK, but it also means we can't do funny stuff like scaling Triforce pieces or Demise/Hylia to the Blood Moon stuff since we have nothing we can use to scale them to TOTK Ganondorf and a massively roided out Master Sword, like if we scaled them we would have no scans, references, or anything we could put on their profiles to justify it. So if you're like me and think Twilight Princess Link being able to destroy Jupiter would be based I hate to say he's staying at Multi-Continent level (Although we might be able to upgrade the High 6-A dudes to Low 5-B but that's a topic for another day), so TOTK Link and TOTK Ganondorf become the 2nd strongest versions of their characters (Fierce Deity Link and Sealing War Ganon still clear by a mile tho)

Back