• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Legend Zelda: Planet Busting Edition

Dust_Collector

They/Them
Alright so Tears of the Kingdom came out, pulled a Four Swords Adventures and gave us a Ganondorf that is a different from the Ganondorf in most games, had him pull out a casual large planet level feat to show how strong he is, the usual.

Breath of the Wild: Divine Beast Scaling

Getting the small stuff outta the way first, some downgrades. Basically we have no reason to keep the Master Sword in Breath of the Wild at Island level as, well, it has no reason to be that high, having a variable tier of power depending on how much sacred energy you've juiced up on means it's level of strength isn't consistent. So for BOTW Link, the Blight Ganons, BOTW Zelda, and Calamity Ganon they'll all be downgraded to Low 7-B/7-B based on this this calc for the Divine Beast lasers. General scaling is that the Blight Ganons scale to yield of the laser since they're durable enough to withstand it, endgame Link and Incomplete Calamity Ganon scale to 4 times the yield since Ganon is durable enough to withstand being blasted by the combined lasers of all 4 Divine Beasts. BOTW Zelda and Dark Beast Ganon upscale from this due to the latter being way more powerful than Link and the former is somewhat comparable to him, and then all 3 in their primes (Age of Calamity) upscale even further (For some reason we have endgame BOTW Link being superior to his pre-calamity self, which, lmao the exact opposite is stated). This was already accepted in the previous revision CRT but that was back when these dudes were gonna be 6-C to High 6-C, so just laying it out here as a refresher.
  • Blight Ganon's: 2.267 Megatons
  • Endgame BOTW Link & Incomplete Calamity Ganon: 9.068 Megatons
  • BOTW Zelda, Dark Beast Ganon, AOC Versions of Link, Zelda, and Ganon: >> 9.068 Megatons
Ganondorf Profile Splitting:

Speaking of Calamity Ganon, since we now have Tears of the Kingdom confirming it's a manifestation of Ganondorfs hatred (Instead of BOTW's original implication of being a transformed state due to his hatred) and that the new Ganondorf we see in these games is a different dude since his backstory and lore is impossible to line up with the original version (Leading to some people somehow thinking this makes the new games non-canon you know who you are), that means all the BOTW information on the current Ganondorf profile, from age, to keys, to abilities, will be removed. Both TOTK Ganondorf and Calamity Ganon will be getting their own dedicated profiles. Which doesn't affect OG Ganondorf anyway since he couldn't use Malice abilities in his TOP key or whatever anyway, but Calamity Ganon now no longer benefits from getting all of Ganondorfs powers and is stuck with what he's shown in his own appearances.

Link Keys & Tears of the Kingdom: Low Tier Scaling

Of course BOTW Link will also need new keys, well he needs a massive overhaul overall but there's so much missing stuff he needs from BOTW (And don't get me started on Tears of the Kingdom) but that's way down the line for that revamped profile because of the sheer amount of equipment and stuff to cover. BOTW specifically needs an early and mid game keys, early game is the same as it is with most links, Building level because of bomb scaling although we can likely scale those bombs to TOTK bomb flowers which would be High 8-C instead, midgame is tricky due to the open world nature of the game but he does eventually reclaim the Master Sword (Albeit weakened) and can fight the blight Ganons so he'd scale to them. TOTK will also have 3 new keys, simple early, mid, and endgame. Early is a bit weird since he starts off super weak but skyrockets so fast you'd think he was Saitama, High 8-C bomb scaling from the above calc of bomb flowers (And backed up by him being able to pretty easily do all this right out the gate) but he quickly gets to Town level for beating bosses like Colgera that are on this level, midgame and lategame are linked to the major upgrades from the game so I'll go into them in a little while. And then characters like Tulin, Riju, Sidon, and Yunobo would also be Town level at their weakest for helping Link fight these bosses.

Lifting Strength:

BOTW / TOTK Link also gets a nice Lifting Strength power boost that scales to anyone relevant in these games, Class M via something he can do early game, so he'd have this in all keys.

Speed:

Link has no justification to scale his travel speed to Onox outpacing lightning (A lot of characters don't in all honesty but that's for another day), he doesn't really display anything higher than peak human in these games so that's where he should be rated. His combat speed / reactions are currently straight up FTL. While he can reach FTL speeds, it's only when he sharpens his senses and really focuses and not the speed he's fighting/reacting at all the time (Even the FTL calc mentions this), his standard speed should be Relativistic via this with FTL being his speed when he's focused (Similar to how it's structured on my Ganondorf sandbox).

Ganondorf scales for keeping up in a fight (Even gets the FTL stuff for dodgeing Link during his focused state and being able to enter said focused state himself), the sages are comparable to Link and Ganondorf (No FTL for them tho).

Tears of the Kingdom: Blood Moon Scaling:

Now for the big one. Long story short once Ganondorf obtains a secret stone of the Zonai and becomes the Demon King he starts whipping out Blood Moons left and right, which ranges from Moon level to Large Planet level. The Moon level rating is for his weakened state, and Large Planet level is for his full power state, for Ganondorf it's easy for this scaling since he'd have 2 keys to represent this, but then there's the question of who scales to him (And which form of his do they scale to).

Endgame Link is obvious, he obtained a massively roided out Master Sword that spend tens of thousands of years juicing up on holy energy specifically to combat full power Ganondorf and predictably goes onto to beat his ass so bad that Ganondorf decides to become a dragon in a desperate bid to destroy Link. Midgame Link and the Sages however, are kinda tricky. They at least scale to Moon level, since weakened Ganondorf is implied to not be powerful enough to take them on until he regains full strength. Now the Sages can help out and do (Minor) damage to full power Ganondorf during the final boss but they're also easily one shot by him when he gets serious, so they could simply heavily downscale from his 5-A rating. Choices for them are just 5-C. 5-C, possibly/likely 5-A. Or straight up 5-A. Also before anyone asks no we can't use the blood moon from the final boss fight since for some reason Nintendo decided to make that one an illusion, unlike every other blood moon this one is transparent and just awkwardly phases in and out of the sky during the day (Which is a shame since it'd be like, High 5-A or something).

The Master Sword (And why it makes cross-scaling impossible):

So as I mentioned during the Divine Beast scaling section, the Master Sword's power depends on how much sacred energy it absorbs into itself. This is important since it explains why it's able to jump from 7-B in BOTW to 5-A in TOTK, but it also means we can't do funny stuff like scaling Triforce pieces or Demise/Hylia to the Blood Moon stuff since we have nothing we can use to scale them to TOTK Ganondorf and a massively roided out Master Sword, like if we scaled them we would have no scans, references, or anything we could put on their profiles to justify it. So if you're like me and think Twilight Princess Link being able to destroy Jupiter would be based I hate to say he's staying at Multi-Continent level (Although we might be able to upgrade the High 6-A dudes to Low 5-B but that's a topic for another day), so TOTK Link and TOTK Ganondorf become the 2nd strongest versions of these characters (Fierce Deity Link and Sealing War Ganon still clear by a mile tho). The Master Sword itself will have it's 6-C rating changed to varies due to it's sacred energy system.

Character Profiles (And the lack thereof):

For a lot of the new characters like the sages they won't have profiles yet, this CRT is to set their scaling for the future for when they are made except for TOTK Ganondorf who I recently finished a sandbox for and will be crucial for the scaling of the Sages and Links TOTK keys, Ganondorf sandbox for your viewing pleasure btw, and we didn't wanna just rush them out for this CRT since we want them to be high quality.

So yeah, that's about it. Vaati is ass, by far the worst villain in the series they were not cooking when they created him.

Agree: LephyrTheRevanchist, BestMGQScalerEver, Lou_change, Dalesean027, CrackerVolley, DarkDragonMedeus, SilentLyfe, Lonkitt, Tyloxtus (But disagrees with the town level scaling), SlendVeny, Qawsed234
Disagree:

Last edited:
Looks all good to me, and I do not think Nintendo made any statements about the timelines yes, but for now using feats from the BotW and TotK era seems best for now. Variable Master Sword coming back is also something I agree; now we can stop saying all mid game Temple bosses are above Hylia.

Looks all good to me, and I do not think Nintendo made any statements about the timelines yes, but for now using feats from the BotW and TotK era seems best for now. Variable Master Sword coming back is also something I agree; now we can stop saying all mid game Temple bosses are above Hylia.
Ohhhh

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but due to some statements made in the encloypedia the Master Sword in OOT will still scale above Vaati and the temple bosses are still gonna be Island level+ to Large Island level, so uh, unfortunately Bongo Bongo will still be above Hylia and Demise.

Ohhhh

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but due to some statements made in the encloypedia the Master Sword in OOT will still scale above Vaati and the temple bosses are still gonna be Island level+ to Large Island level, so uh, unfortunately Bongo Bongo will still be above Hylia and Demise.
**** all logic am I right

I agree with everything, except Town level Sages. We stopped using the Wizzrobes' Weather Manipulation to scale to Link because their physicals were absolutely nothing compared to the energy required to make a storm that size. It should be the same here since Colgera's weak points can even be significantly hurt by Tulin's Swallow Bow, which is one of the worst bows in the game and has trouble with Blue Bokoblins.

I agree with everything, except Town level Sages. We stopped using the Wizzrobes' Weather Manipulation to scale to Link because their physicals were absolutely nothing compared to the energy required to make a storm that size. It should be the same here since Colgera's weak points can even be significantly hurt by Tulin's Swallow Bow, which is one of the worst bows in the game and has trouble with Blue Bokoblins.
Brah the 7-C doesn't even come from wizzrobes and it doesn't change Colgera's 7-C feats nor the scaling from the 8-A and low 7-C miniboss feats

Also using gameplay mechanics with the damage the bow does isn't how the wiki works nor does it disprove anything

I thought Colgera was 7-C cause he sustains the storm, and when he dies the storm goes away as well

Tylo I saw what you said and you're just blatantly wrong here and its like Emerald said Colgera’s existence literally is what sustains the storm, it dying literally makes it go away

The rods aren't flashlights, wizzrobes don't just flick a switch and then boom massive storm until someone turns them off, the storms can only be sustained as long as someone is actively using the rods power so naturally the storms disappear when the Wizzrobes die and the rods have nobody to keep their power flowing to keep the storm up.

Ok so was checking on BOTW Link's profile to see how his new keys could be structured once the changes are implemented and noticed his speed ratings are pretty whack. So I added another section to the OP about speed (Really sorry about this late addition, but I genuinely thought Links speed was already structured the way I thought my Ganon sandbox is)

To put it short there's no reason for Links travel speed to scale to Onox outpacing lightning so he should be peak human, and his combat speed / reactions are currently straight up FTL. While he can reach FTL speeds, it's only when he sharpens his senses and really focuses and not the speed he's fighting/reacting at all the time (Even the FTL calc mentions this), his standard speed should be Relativistic via this with FTL being his speed when he's focused (Similar to how it's structured on my Ganondorf sandbox.

So once again, calling on everyone to come back and give their thoughts on the speed scaling.

Back