• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Star Wars Discussion Thread Canon/Legends- Episode V Attack of the Fanons

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm interested to see where they take the series going forward.

LucasFilms is probably more careful after Solo flopped, so they might not want to commit to trilogies set in a new era with a new cast of characters. Disney reconfirmed that Taika Waititi is directing a movie, but it has been a while since we heard news of Rian Johnson's trilogy which is a few years away from production; it is possible for it to get cancelled like Benioff and Weiss' trilogy.
According to rumors, the World Between Worlds portal in Mortis will be used to introduce a timeline where Palpatine stayed dead, which will be used to sidestep the Sequel films. We can dream.

9-A seems likely since we have Kylo tanking a bowcaster and Ahsoka tanking a rifle blaster bolt (a younger Ahsoka was much more injured by a pistol). An argument can be made for 8-C based on Obi-Wan tanking Jango's rocket, and a younger Ahsoka tanking thermal detonator (There is Obi-Wan with the Slave I laser explosions, but Astromechs tank laser explosions as well).

Best episode in the series by far. Those who haven't seen it yet are in for a ride.

why_lukesijuc.png

jlymha93o5661.jpg

It is unclear if Boba is the protagonist of season 3 or if he will have his own show, especially since 'the next chapter' of the Mandalorian and Book of Boba Fett are both stated to release in December 2021.
Hoping for Din to become Mand'alor.

Apparently a canon novel that takes place 50 years before Episode I got released, but it is China-exclusive.

According to rumors, the World Between Worlds portal in Mortis will be used to introduce a timeline where Palpatine stayed dead, which will be used to sidestep the Sequel films. We can dream.

Here's a rule I've set up for myself: never believe any rumours that are picked up by those guys on Youtube who build their channels upon clickbait and dissing the new canon.

So are we allowed to talk about the newest Episode of Mandalorian yet or is it still new enough for it to be considered spoilers?

@Catalyst75 everyone uses Clickbait on Social Media. Dissing is one thing. But when Disney has refusing to pay their writers for multiple years s Alan Dean Forster has never been paid his royalties by Disney for multiple years in a row on multiple star wars books. That he wrote. Because they said they got the property and not the responsibilities like how Star Wars Fatigue was a thing then we got like 10 Star Wars Projects at one time a weak ago. Because it they have to get funding

Last edited:
@Catalyst75 I will give some criticism for how some of the major Fandom Menace channels seams to use way too many rumors speculation and clickbait in thier videos but Youtube likes that kind of thing anyway. Plus I will also give criticism for them not realizing thier sources to thier audiences public databanks and more. And over and under-reacting to certain things I think this perfectly ligament criticism for the Fandom Menace Mke Zeroh does it all the time too.So they are not the only ones.

Last edited:
Here's a rule I've set up for myself: never believe any rumours that are picked up by those guys on Youtube who build their channels upon clickbait and dissing the new canon.
I agree with this.

As much of a mess as the closing chapter of the sequel trilogy is, we have to accept that it exists, is Canon, and move on. No sense in giving weight to romours from toxic a-holes just looking to make a few extra bucks of ad-revenue.

@Catalyst75 everyone uses Clickbait on Social Media. Dissing is one thing. But when Disney has refusing to pay their writers for multiple years s Alan Dean Forster has never been paid his royalties by Disney for multiple years in a row on multiple star wars books. That he wrote. Because they said they got the property and not the responsibilities like how Star Wars Fatigue was a thing then we got like 10 Star Wars Projects at one time a weak ago. Because it they have to get funding
The issue Catalyst addressed and what you brought up are two completely different things.

But, yes, **** Disney up the bunghole for their royalty fuckery. That is just low.

I hope the writers associations and lawyers taking up this case really stick it to them.

Apparently a canon novel that takes place 50 years before Episode I got released, but it is China-exclusive.

Star Wars: The Vow of Silver Dawn

Takes place at the end of the High Republic era and beginning of the final decades of the Republic era.

Interesting thing is that we already have Canon events in the same timeline: The childhood and training of Dooku as covered in Dooku: Jedi Lost.

Reminds me of the licensed Hungarian Han Solo Trilogy from the 90s.
There is also a Hungarian sequel to Timothy Zahn's Thrawn trilogy, apparently.

@Soilder Bule I will also bring up Disney at the very least was stealing thousands of fan art pics on the internet and using them without consent on Websites like Deviantart Artstation and Fractal Sponges personal website. for at least 2-3 full years and got caught multiple times. That should piss you the **** off. Disney might not own the full rights to the fanart being used.

@SoilderBlue Remember when Star Wars Fatigue was a thing 2 years ago now they are planing on multiple shows and movies that will likely never get made. Disney axed a large portion of thier employees and are losing many billions of dollars. Because the parks are not fully open. It might be cannon but it does not mean it makes sense. in the first place.

OK, so can we scale Din's Armor to the Darksaber now since he take hits from it while fighting Gideon? That would be High 8-C since that's what Gideon's Profile says. Also, wouldn't The Darksaber be in Mando's Equipment now since he has it? The Spear too.

It should be noted he has never used the Darksaber canonically up to this point.

Also season finale Luke abuses Force abilities more times in a fight than I think we've ever seen him do in any canon live-action material.

I know he hasn't used it, I just wanted to bring up his missing equipment like his Spear that's also made of Beskar and that his Beskar equipment scales to Gideon's High 8-C Rating for tanking it's strikes.

How the hell did that women from the Mando Show survive that. I mean what happened to her.
Fennec Shand? Boba treated her and got her a cybernetic abdomen.

OK, so can we scale Din's Armor to the Darksaber now since he take hits from it while fighting Gideon? That would be High 8-C since that's what Gideon's Profile says. Also, wouldn't The Darksaber be in Mando's Equipment now since he has it? The Spear too.
We already have Boba Fett, whose armour is confirmed to be Beskar, taking a Class-A thermal detonator at point blank in a Canon comic. That is enough to prove High 8-C+ Beskar armour plating.

The Beskar spear is definitely a regular part of Din's equipment now, but I'm not sure about the Darksaber. He just straight up refuses ownership of it, which is adorably honourable.

Also season finale Luke abuses Force abilities more times in a fight than I think we've ever seen him do in any canon live-action material.
He abused his powers in that one scene more so than in all the Canon comics he's appeared in (I mean post TESB and post ROTJ Luke specifically). I was also really surprised by his using Force Crush, which is seen as an aggressive and more Dark Side power (albeit Kenobi has also used it against Battle Droids).

I'm pondering whether or not I should give Luke a new profile for his Mandalorian appearance since he looks stronger than in RotJ. Or should I just expand his RotJ profile?

Sabine has taken hits from Thermal detonators and even shots from an AT DP. Beskar's High 8-C feats are extremely Consistent. however, it is possible for Beskar wearing users to be harmed by weaker things if it somehow found a way to damage the areas not surrounded by beskar.

as the armor is High 8-C, not the user.

Sabine has taken hits from Thermal detonators and even shots from an AT DP. Beskar's High 8-C feats are extremely Consistent. however, it is possible for Beskar wearing users to be harmed by weaker things if it somehow found a way to damage the areas not surrounded by beskar.

as the armor is High 8-C, not the user.
Ahsoka has decapitated Beskar wearing Death Watch members by hitting their necks (avoiding the armour and hitting the undersuits). Armour itself is High 8-C, the people are 9-B to at most 9-A.

Don't think Luke warrants a new key, since his listed stats and abilities will be the same with his ESB self. Maybe a new image tab.

High 8-C Beskar sounds solid. Is there an additional argument for High 8-C Jedi, besides early Ahsoka tanking a thermal detonator (outlier territory) and Obi-Wan tanking Jango Fett's missile?

Here is the launch trailer for the High Republic:

Not sold on it yet; believe it hinges on whether they introduce interesting antagonists.

Useful chart for upcoming releases:
x2qd078gyd961.png

Source

If you haven't heard, Book of Boba Fett is its own separate shown, and The Mandalorian S3 won't be in 2021 though it will reportedly start filming in December.

Lightsabers have a new Physics Manipulation feat:
pNUM9AT.png

Obviously PIS, or maybe the artist took a shortcut, but still funny.

Don't think Luke warrants a new key, since his listed stats and abilities will be the same with his ESB self. Maybe a new image tab.

High 8-C Beskar sounds solid. Is there an additional argument for High 8-C Jedi, besides early Ahsoka tanking a thermal detonator (outlier territory) and Obi-Wan tanking Jango Fett's missile?

Here is the launch trailer for the High Republic:

Not sold on it yet; believe it hinges on whether they introduce interesting antagonists.

I don't think Season 1 Ahsoka taking a thermal detonator is outlier, given that it seems to be consistent with Jedi of her level (and even one below her level).

Another argument for High 8-C lower tier Jedi might be post ANH Luke surviving a thermal detonator explosion in a Star Wars Adventures comic. He was knocked out, but was not injured at all.

I find them interesting so far, based on the samples I've read (and that's just the sample). And people like Alex Damon and Starrapter have nothing but good to say about The High Republic. So does Eckhartsladder.

I really should get those books. I can't wait to dig in.

Light of the Jedi is a Near Masterpiece of Star Wars storytelling and I'm just so blown away by how good it is. not just as a star wars book but a book in general.

Prose is A+

Structure is A+

Characterization is A+

Pacing is A+

the only negative thing I could imply is that if the follow-up books are really bad then they could retroactively make this book weaker but as of now.
Fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back