• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Star Wars Discussion Thread Canon/Legends- Episode V Attack of the Fanons

Status
Not open for further replies.
"The revelation felt like a betrayal. Ben, who took after Anakin Skywalker in his powerful Force abilities and hot-headed nature, was crushed by the realization that his parents and his uncle had known the truth for decades yet had not seen fit to share it with him." ~Skywalkers at War

TLJ novel confirms that Kylo achieved the potential that Luke saw in him during his time as his student.

"Luke had registered nothing beyond his nephew’s presence when he’d found him with Rey, back on Ahch-To. Now he blazed in Luke’s sense of the Force, almost radiant with power. It was the kind of power Luke had foreseen for him—first as near-infinite promise, then later as an equivalent peril."

Last edited:
In the Canon novel Aftermath, I believe a few members of the Jedi Order stop a comet that was going to destroy the Core worlds.

In the Canon novel Aftermath, I believe a few members of the Jedi Order stop a comet that was going to destroy the Core worlds.
Yeah, this:

We've discussed it before.

A thought while sipping tea and watching the rain:

Remember when Garrick Versio claimed Seyn Marana could snipe targets out to 5 km? Remember when Hunter claimed Crosshair could snipe targets out to 10 km?

You have to wonder how fast bolts from heavy blaster rifles and sniper blasters have to be in order to make that shit feasible.

There's a few high-end blaster speed feats in ROTS that I should get onto calculating.

Edit: Jesus was I wrong there. They weren't impressive.

Last edited:
Bruh I even have doubts that legends is impressive in terms of AP.

The thing that I like about Canon is that it seems consistent. City Block level jedi sounds reasonable, as opposed to planet level jedi who barely show any Feats above Tier 8.

Reminds me of spider-man. He has 5-A Feats but because he only consistently shows Tier 9 - 8 Feats he's a high 8-C

Bruh I even have doubts that legends is impressive in terms of AP.

The thing that I like about Canon is that it seems consistent. City Block level jedi sounds reasonable, as opposed to planet level jedi who barely show any Feats above Tier 8.

Reminds me of spider-man. He has 5-A Feats but because he only consistently shows Tier 9 - 8 Feats he's a high 8-C
It's less that they don't have any tier 5 feats and more that all of the greatest ones are largely confined to books and some of the older comics.

Star Wars has always had this tendency. For example, Yoda goes from this to this in TCW, and even blows up a mountain top in the 2003 Clone Wars series. The Mandalorian and Sequels even give Luke feats way outside the scale of the OG trilogy. IMO, some feats are larger in scale because the mediums have different versatility and technology has improved (except for most of Rebels, but that's a very kiddified show).
What were the results of that again? Considering he made a room-sized crater, it'd have to be into Tier 8.
I got Building/Small Building level results each time I tried. This might be a tad more impressive, and Cere has a similar feat in her Padawan years.

Last edited:
It's less that they don't have any tier 5 feats and more that all of the greatest ones are largely confined to books and some of the older comics.

Star Wars has always had this tendency. For example, Yoda goes from this to this in TCW, and even blows up a mountain top in the 2003 Clone Wars series. The Mandalorian and Sequels even give Luke feats way outside the scale of the OG trilogy. IMO, some feats are larger in scale because the mediums have different versatility and technology has improved (except for most of Rebels, but that's a very kiddified show).
I just remembered how Ahsoka has Class K and even Class M lifting feats, but on one occasion struggled to Force pull towards herself a 1.8 metre tall woman. She was able to Force pull a load lifter weighing probably multiple tonnes with a mere hand gesture, but struggled to Force pull a woman probably weighing around 60 kg only while fully focusing on that alone.

Inconsistency for the sake of plot and creating tension.

True. I would say it's actually more common (TCW is 7 seasons long, after all), but it's also way more subtle about it.

I just remembered how Ahsoka has Class K and even Class M lifting feats, but on one occasion struggled to Force pull towards herself a 1.8 metre tall woman. She was able to Force pull a load lifter weighing probably multiple tonnes with a mere hand gesture, but struggled to Force pull a woman probably weighing around 60 kg only while fully focusing on that alone.

Inconsistency for the sake of plot and creating tension.
I rationalize this by saying that it's not consistent because everyone's concentration or connection to the force isn't 1:1 in every situation, in some context your able to use the force more efficiently because of your mental state and the environment, this is why ragdolling in lightsaber combat is rare because your more focused on using the force in a defensive and supplementary way with your melee skills.

I rationalize this by saying that it's not consistent because everyone's concentration or connection to the force isn't 1:1 in every situation, in some context your able to use the force more efficiently because of your mental state and the environment, this is why ragdolling in lightsaber combat is rare because your more focused on using the force in a defensive and supplementary way with your melee skills.
I do believe your explanation is probably official in-verse, though I'm not sure.

On another note, Yaddle may be a pretty haxed character in Canon. On top of your standard jedi master powers, she also has Morichro. Jedi should also be able to survive in space for brief periods of time as seen in Rebels season 3 episode 3 at 16 minutes into the episode.

. Also, contradictory or not, we don't typically accept omnipotence statements.
ECXNfTEUwAAu0mM

This is outrageous, this is unfair.

ECXNfTEUwAAu0mM

This is outrageous, this is unfair.
That's what I'm saying. Naruto is a tier 0+ verse but no one wants to hear about it.

Also, the Whills should get plot manip since they write the whole plot of star wars. Given that, everyone in SW should have plot manip too which works in the same way that
Ness has fate manip.

I will stop now.

star wars is very likely tier 2, it's just that Lucasfilm for the most part stray away from the weird side of star wars.

btw, I cant wait to make some High Republic Profiles, I just want us to finish the Revisions first so we can drop Canon back to Tier 8ish again.

What do you guys think of this? tier 0 star wars?
We've discussed this before. Low 2-C Bedlam spirits is the highest we could possibly go, and even that was doubted, resulting in their profile being deleted.

But there is no doubt that they shit on almost anything else in Legends.

The comic presents them as childish, highly boastful, anachronistic and unable to really understand lesser beings (even having to put in effort to resurrect Leia and Stormtroopers without screwing up). Doesn't seem like they're omnipotent. Also, contradictory or not, we don't typically accept omnipotence statements.
^ Yeah, even if you could say that they are the most powerful beings in Legends, the omnipotence thing makes no sense because of this.

star wars is very likely tier 2, it's just that Lucasfilm for the most part stray away from the weird side of star wars.
They said they wanted to get weird and freaky a bit with High Republic, but Tier 2 is definitely out of the question :ROFLMAO:

btw, I cant wait to make some High Republic Profiles, I just want us to finish the Revisions first so we can drop Canon back to Tier 8ish again.
I also want to make some more profiles, but they're mostly Tier 9 to 8 (with weapons) bounty hunters and other such "peak human" levels.

Also,
Poe Dameron profile when?

Ironically my first exposure to Star Wars wasn’t the movies but the original 2003 Clone Wars series and later the 2008 series when it premiered which i greatly enjoyed and always looked forward to the next episode. My parents grew up with the original trilogy and one day I watched it with them together. Eventually i managed to get to the prequels and I really loved ROTS I especially felt all the major iconic scenes from it (the battle for Corusant, Order 66, Anakin vs Obi-Wan, the Rise of the Empire, the birth of Darth Vader Ect) it really made me feel even more knowing the context of The Clone Wars in general and seeing how the story unfolded that lead up to this.

so even if I may not have grown up with it like others have I definitely have a lot of special memories of it.

Happy ROTS day, everyone!

I still remember driving with my family to go watch it in theatres, the poster was of anakin in a cloak with a Red Lightsaber.
Yeah. I still remember going to Vaibhav theatre with my cousin, who was forced into seeing his first Star Wars picture by me.

It was actually my first Star Wars movie in a theatre. My previous Star Wars movie experiences were only through TV.

I came out of that theatre with ROTS ranking as my favourite Star Wars film. It will always stay there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back